i've been wanting to form a dream group for ages - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

#121 of 229 Old 02-21-2003, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been loving all these profound insights! You are some amazing women!

Wouldn't Freud be amused at the garage analogy? When I saw the garage in the dream, I thought, "Cool, lots of room to put stuff, but I wish the house had more LIVING space." And the house looked ugly to me. Yet I was not too worried, I was hopeful.

I never heard about that feminine triangle idea...wow! Any recommended reading on that subject?

And yet on the dark side...NASTY STUFF AHEAD..........I'm feeling kind of freaked out here.
I think the part of my dream where I feared fire was a psychic foreshadowing experience. I live in New England and last night there was a terrible nightclub fire in Warwick, Rhode Island, near Providence. (Some of the states are so small here New England often feels like one big state.) There was a large loss of life and terrible injuries, the guitarist of the band is missing as is a RI dj. I think the name of the band was Great White? (It was NOT Whitesnake but WAS an 80's metal band with White in the name.)
I watched way too much of the graphic, violent footage already today and am very shaken. (Cyber hugs gladly accepted.)

So I am seeing the yin and yang of things...I was enjoying the positive image of a woman who "burns down the house" by not letting society tell her who she is, something I definitely need in my life.....while also seeing that the dream was whispering a little hint of the tragedy to come. Mysterious world we occupy.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 229 Old 02-21-2003, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

((momtwice)) -- i know how you feel. i have to really limit what i see/read about tragic occurences. i'm too suggestible/imaginative/reactive, whatever you want to call it. i have a hard time separating from it and feeling the truth that i'm just fine, even though bad things happen. (and, we are never inundated with the stories of good, sweet, gentle, miraculous things happening in the same manner that tragedy is played and replayed in our culture. so it reinforces my bad habit of seeing only the pain and trauma in this world)
i am continually amazed at the many layers dreams have. i totally accept the precognitive aspect of your dream as well!
#123 of 229 Old 02-21-2003, 10:43 PM

I got shivers about the fire part, momtwice. I am so so sorry. It is a very myterious world we live in. I heard about the fire on the radio, but so very glad I did not have to see it. I, too, am very sensitive about violence and tragedy. I saw that movie, Scarface, once, eons ago and I still remember bad stuff about it.
I am glad you could use some of what was said about your dream. It was a very interesting on many levels. Now with your idea that it had elements of foreshadowing in it, I am totally amazed.
#124 of 229 Old 02-21-2003, 11:55 PM

momtwice...
#125 of 229 Old 02-23-2003, 10:12 AM

I'm in a school with lockers. There is a boy harassing me. I sneak a large glass bottle (like a bottle that juice came in?) I've filled with cow's milk into school, and one time when I'm walking in the hallway (just the two of us, the crowds have gone) he comes over and tries to put his arm around me. I pour the cow's milk over his head which distracts him so I can get away. I run for the bathroom. (Again with the nearby bathroom! Remember my earlier dream?) It is full of females. I am relieved. I am safe.

I feel guilty for sneaking in the cow's milk. I feel guilty for making a scene. But a teacher (a woman) (or maybe two women teachers?) tell me his behavior is serious, I have every right to my feelings. I feel happy for the support but guilty that I made a big deal. (By the way I cannot drink cow's milk in real life.)

Switch..same school but I'm a mom now. My daughter is there and her friend (who in real life is overweight.) I go to my daughter's class. The teacher is giving out pretty shoes to all the girls. My daughter has ugly shoes and they are two different sizes...7 and 7 and a half. One fits but the other does not. And they are hard to walk in and not practical. I am furious. How dare they not give her a good pair? I am furious at whatever shoe store customer with two different feet sizes switched the shoes on the shoe store shelf. Why do all the other girls have shoes that fit?

Switch to the bookstore nearby the school. A large group is gathering to listen to a speaker there or to shop. The store is crowded with shoppers.

I see a couple from my family...very difficult people. I sneak out of the store to avoid them. I feel guilty/relieved. My husband comes out of the store and complains that (the woman relative) was rudely challenging the author speaking, implying she didn't believe the author had been through World War II in Austria. I see (the man relative) coming out of the store in a wheelchair. Why is he using THAT I wonder as I walk away to avoid him. I hear him sighing and whining. I don't believe he really needs it.

BiZARRE!!!!

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#126 of 229 Old 02-23-2003, 03:48 PM

Hey!

Questions: Are you lactating or nursing right now? Are you going thru something where you feel you need or have support from other women? Is that family couple actual or might it be representative of you and your dh? How is your dd handling school, if she's in it? Are there some issues surrounding your body going on right now? Has your dd reached puberty recently?
#127 of 229 Old 02-23-2003, 04:26 PM

Chaka, to answer your questions about my real life:

Not nursing now, but it was a huge part of my life. I have a great feeling in real life, of, my kids are getting a little older, now what? I miss the La Leche League and toddler playgroup age and need to rediscover who I am. I miss nursing, I miss having toddlers. Who am I?

I think the young man represented several things/people in my life, including my own son (and father.) I think it may represent feeling bad I didn't nurse him as long as my daugter.

I can imagine several meanings to the milk, including sexuality, religion (a liquid poured on the head) and a poor health choice since I cannot drink it and do not feel cow's milk is healthy.

My dd is not yet at puberty.

That family couple is real, but probably symbolic too.

DD and DS go back to school from vacation tomorrow. I feel school is both a blessing and a curse to my children. Very stressful but they love it too.

I am taking care of my body for the first time in many years, the last several weeks. I am heavy and feel it will take time to undo years of neglect and overeating. I am not perfect but improving.

#128 of 229 Old 02-25-2003, 10:28 AM

There seem to be some repeating threads in my dreams lately if only I can pull them out and look at them............

I am with my friend. (A real life mom I know.) I am looking at her scrapbook. She is writing about why her marriage ended in the scrapbook: dh's physical abuse and lack of support for cosleeping (she writes very diplomatically but briefly and simply tells the truth in the scrapbook.)

I am pleasantly surprised to see photos of me and my kids among her most important friends in the album. I didn't think I was that important to her.

She moves onto my street into a small house, similar in size to my small house but with larger interior spaces (that I envy) and a cuter house, and in better shape. We are together at her house. We are getting ready for a classroom party that day together, now that her kids go to my kids school. Our kids wait for the bus together. Other mom friends and their kids casually wander in and out of the picture.

She offers me a drink. She gives me root beer. It tastes bad, artificial sweeteners, a cheap poor quality brand. I drink it but secretly wish she had given me something healthier, juice or some fruit.

SWITCH.

I am in a large school cafeteria. We, the moms and lots of kids (not all our own) are working on a presentation. Each group, led by a volunteer mom, is acting out little scenes. There is a gorgeous little girl in my group. She is too young to really follow directions, about three, doesn't belong in this elementary school, isn't old enough to follow directions. She is African American. I recgnize her as my friend's child (friend above.) (But in real life my friend and her kids are white.) An African American woman comes and takes the girl with her, and I'm relieved that I don't have to force this child to do something she is not old enough for.

I turn to the other members of the group. We are supposed to be praticing, rehearsing, for acting out the concept of LOVE. I ask one pair of children if they will hug for the presentation. But no one is listening to me and some wander into the hallway. I feel like a failure because I can't get the kids to cooperate. What will the other parents think of me if I can't get kids to cooperate about something as important as LOVE? I wake up and am relieved not to have to do this presentation!

#129 of 229 Old 02-26-2003, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

wow, momtwice, you're really on a dream roll! (do you get to sleep through the night? i can barely remember the slightest fragments of my dreams, even when they feel significant. ds wakes every hour tho)

okay, i'm going to take a crack at these. i like the second one alot but i'll try to stay chronological here...

first, i'm noticing that you are in schools a lot! often as a grown up, as a parent, which is interesting, not just a flashback to childhood thing. dream dictionary says about schools: a symbol of youth and emotional immaturity, may evoke feelings of happiness or anxiety or a nostalgic desire to rediscover youthful ideals.
if this were my dream, i'd be thinking emotional issues, because of the bathroom connection. i dream often about looking fruitlessly for clean bathrooms and being unable to find one with a functional toilet, or a toilet seat, or a door. on one level at least, this dream for me is about needing to release negative emotions and being afraid to do so in public. anger is one i know i'm working with, grief is no doubt there too. so bathrooms symbolize for me places to void myself, if you will, of ugly, noxious emotions.
your dream again has a strong male/female theme. milk is so female to me now that i'm a mom. pouring it over the harassing boys head, if it were my dream, might be trumping him with the fabulous and amazing thing that you can do that he cannot -- sustain life with your body!
that you are relieved and safe the bathroom is full of females is significant seeming to me too. do you not get support for your emotional experiences from the males in your life? the female teachers telling you you have every right to your feelings might reinforce this interpretation.
i'm puzzled by the guilt for sneaking in cows milk. does your son have dairy allergies? if so, do you feel he might have inherited them from you?

the next part about your daughter's overweight friend, your daughters shoes not matching and being ugly, all resonate for me with the idea of schools representing emotional... immaturity isn't quite what i mean, but the emotional issues we have as children in school seem to be of importance to you in this dream. attractiveness, literally fitting in (to shoes), not matching.
hard to walk in these shoes. again, a role, a female role that is uncomfortable, not practical, unfairly imposed upon you/you as a girl your daughter's age?
you switch to a bookstore- this part i'm drawing a blank on, esp. the difficult relatives. all i can come up with is that bookstores are grown-up places of knowledge, in a way, a later-in-life parallel for a school?

second dream:
i'm wondering if your rl friend's marriage did end for these reasons or whether they resonate for you in terms of conflict with your spouse --
"I am with my friend. (A real life mom I know.) I am looking at her scrapbook. She is writing about why her marriage ended in the scrapbook: dh's physical abuse and lack of support for cosleeping (she writes very diplomatically but briefly and simply tells the truth in the scrapbook.)"

i think the next part about you being pleasantly surprised that your pix are in there and you are that impt to her is a lovely msg from your deeper consciousness that you are valued, by others, by yourself?

"She moves onto my street into a small house, similar in size to my small house but with larger interior spaces (that I envy) and a cuter house, and in better shape. We are together at her house. We are getting ready for a classroom party that day together, now that her kids go to my kids school. Our kids wait for the bus together. Other mom friends and their kids casually wander in and out of the picture."
this next part makes me wonder if she is you, or a you that you imagine yourself becoming as you do this growth work you're embarking on. the house/self is similar, but much nicer, *in better shape* is how we talk about getting our bodies healthy.

"She offers me a drink. She gives me root beer. It tastes bad, artificial sweeteners, a cheap poor quality brand. I drink it but secretly wish she had given me something healthier, juice or some fruit."

if this were my dream, i might take this as a msg to myself to drink less artificial diet soda/diet foods (and i do drink too much irl) and get healthy by eating healthier, not just taking dieting shortcuts.

back at school! (cafeteria is an eating reference again, might it relate to above?)
the gorgeous little african american girl would be a shadow aspect in traditional dream interpretations (i've said this before, but i sincerely hope this is not offensive to african americans or any dark-skinned person... the dream interpretation thinkers i've read have all been white males and i have no idea whether this take on dark-skinned characters rings true or is appropriate for other cultures...) she is too young for the project you're doing and a grown woman, also african american, takes her away, relieving you of the need to make her do something she is not old enough for.
this is one of the most intriguing aspects of either dream, to me... what do others come up with on this?
is there a part of you not ready for this work you're embarking on? is there some shadow aspect of yourself that is protecting this little girl you? do you feel like you're not ready for any of the growth work youre doing?
your project is acting out love. enacting love. but the children aren't listening, aren't cooperating. if this were my dream, i'd wonder whether i was worried that i wasn't teaching/guiding my kids to be loving people? or maybe i want to me more loving but the little kids that represent less developed parts of me aren't cooperating yet?

i don't know. i feel like i'm being too literal with this feedback. perhaps others will have more insightful takes on it.

certainly encouraging dreams, though, i'd say. all pointing toward lots of inner work being done!
must take care of some outer work here and clean up/pay bills/hit the hay myself.
productive dreams, everyone,
susan
#130 of 229 Old 02-26-2003, 04:05 AM

Sueami once again thanks for taking the time

My kids usually sleep through the night (the second one nursed at night for years, they DO sleep when they are ready!)
And I usually do too although right now I am awake in the middle of the night! When I put a dream here it is always one I have in the morning right before waking, one that is vivid and "shouts" to me.

Feeling naughty...ds has no dairy allergy (although I do!) but it felt naughty to sneak it into the school.

Some of this stuff may be resentment about the public schools I feel....pushing dairy in the cafeteria, pushing the food pyramid which I don't believe in, etc.

Schools/bookstore...I am working hard on personal growth, reading lots of self help books, examining messages I got in school (if kids picked on me I thought I deserved it etc.)

My spouse is kind (although you are right there may be a few issues there) but more significant, my dad wasn't which is what I imagine the friend's marriage symbolizes. I was also spanked, left to cry etc. and have no tolerance for other people who do these things because it brings back feelings of a sad childhood (I meant to post on your other thread about judging other's parenting, that really resonated!)

I don't eat/drink diet foods but I do struggle with food issues, with feeling different because I eat well! Just had a lightbulb moment about that! Am I weird if I buy organic/whole grain, etc.
I eat too many sweets sometimes.

You are SO RIGHT the house sounds like my recent work at exercising more! "Cute" "good shape" look at the words I chose
Personal growth too.
The friend must represent me, I'm going to think about that more.

I do find personal growth work a challenge. I feel proud of raising my kids to be kind and without violence, but sometimes this personal growth stuff does make it hard for me to be a happy healthy good mom. I get cranky or withdrawn with my kids. I need to forgive myself if I'm not perfect. The little girl may be a reminder not to push myself too hard or too fast. She was gorgeous but never smiled in the dream

I also resent the way the schools pressure my kids, high expectations, too much homework etc.

Even with all the insights I still have these feelings of WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN???? Maybe I should keep a dream journal too.

#131 of 229 Old 02-26-2003, 07:59 AM

Momtwice likes to offer the challenges, eh?

I'll be back when I have more time and coherence. I am a bit too tired to decipher anything right now, but I haven't forgotten about you!

#132 of 229 Old 02-26-2003, 10:00 AM

I have not had time to do this for a while, so I am behind...
First dream

You mention that you are in a school with lockers. Do the lockers seem important? Did you bring the milk in to defend yourself against this bou, or did you just bring it in to drink later, or did you just happen to have it along? Safe in the girls room is pretty cool. If it were my dream I would feel that the bathroom is a place to get rid of stuff that has to be gotten rid of, but has to be done in the right place, at the right time. I would feel that some older, (maybe wiser) womyn have given me permission to "unload" and I would be safe. But the guilt comes, for me, in that I am not sure I deserve my acceptance. That even though the boy was harrassing me, I am not sure I should have the power to make him stop. *NOTE* IRL I was molested by a family member so these feelings my be pure projection on my part, because I continue to deal with these issues.

Next part-
Giving out shoes at school- If it were my dream I would think that shoes would represent moving forward, walking the walk, or at least some of the tools needed to go out in the world. So your daughter is getting the tools she is supposed to have to go out into the world, to walk by herself, but THEY DON"T FIT!! How come every one else seems to fit, but my kid!!!

Next part- A crowded book store. If it were my dream, I would think the book is a comfortable place I love. *IRL* I would rather hang out at the book store or the library than just about anywhere, so again, just my stuff. It is also a place FULL of knowledge and therefore power. So many people there searching for answers and knowledge, or entertainment.
Seeing your difficult family members there... Do you see this people regularly IRL? Do you think they are playing themselves in the dream? Or are they you? So you sneak out, so you don't have to see them. If it were my dream I would think that I was tired of defending myself, sticking up for my quest for knowledge/power to these people who I see as (emontionaly) crippled and complaining and whinning and rude and disbelieving. But agian feeling like I might not really have a right to my feelings, or the right to avoid contact with people who bring me down, question me, complain to me....

Next dream-

If it were my dream, I would feel, looking at the scrapbook, that I am important to my friend, but again, not sure I deserve it, but please non the less. I would see her house as vey comfortable, as kids and parent wander in and out, casually. She seems to have alot that I don't have, cuter house, in better shape. I would feel that this is me and her (or others). That I am not *quite* as cute or not *quite* in as good shape as her (or others), and that she seems more open, with large interior spaces, than me. People are at ease, going in and out, because she is so open.

DANG- I gotta go. Hope more later. I have been asking me dreaming self to help me remember my dreams. I had a short sweet feeling one last night and woke up and told it to myself aloud, so it would stay with me, and it's gone, totally no memory of it just of waking and telling myself that this one I will remember. Guess I have to get the recorder out!!! Time to get everyone up!!!
#133 of 229 Old 02-26-2003, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

ooh, you're good carmen! that's the sort of insight i wasn't connecting with last night!
and i'm having the same problem with remembering dreams. i wake up and can feel some resonate, but i don't get them down before i fall back to sleep and they're gone... i'm telling myself it's okay for now, when ds sleeps better, i can be more disciplined about it...
#134 of 229 Old 02-26-2003, 03:27 PM

Hey. Just wanted to type out a few things real fast. I didn't read all the replies to your dreams Momtwice because I didn't want to lose my own impressions, so sorry if redundant or otherwise irrelevant--could be purely my own projections which I recognize....so having said THAT, some things that come up for ME about certain aspects of your dreams, if they were mine....

The milk, women in the bathroom: issues of emotional safety and specifically privacy, things that need privacy and safety in the presence of women to explore. The bathroom representing even friends here at MDC: we're separate, private, out of the way of normal life and also a safe place of exposure among women with the added benefit of privacy (bathroom stalls) of one's most private self. The milk def. comes across to me as a feminine issue, and continuing the themes of those issues that may want to be explored within you, female empowerment, female gender/sexuality issues.

The African American little girl--if it were my dream she would possibly rep. the marginalized aspects of myself, those pushed aside by the "majority" in my life. She is gorgeous--very interesting choice of words. Sounds very hopeful, If it were me I would say a deep inner acceptance of the marginalized parts of myself, but maybe a sense of being alone in the acceptance of them.

Oh, the diet soda and the friend... Interesting if she represents part of yourself. To me diet soda represents counterfeit, not the real thing, so for me may mean a relationship either with self or other that is shallow, surfacey, or just not quite satisfying. It tastes "okay" but not what you most deeply thirst for, disappointment in relationship either with an aspect of self or another actual person.

I think that was it. Again, I'm just trying to go with the first impression. I don't know if that's at ALL helpful, but it is fun to try anyway. I learn so much from all your dreams. Thanks for sharing.
#135 of 229 Old 02-27-2003, 09:52 AM

Thanks, sueami.
I also felt that if it were my dream, the root beer was artifical, superficial. Like maybe my friend and her "house" was cuter, or in better shape, but maybe not deep down. Like I was not being really nurtured or cared for very deeply by this friendship. (Is it me and my relationship with myself, or is it my friends and our relationship-or both?) That jelled with me also, mamajamz.

OK after switch.

The caffeteria- If it were my dream I would see that as a place of nurturing and love (love=food, if you don't believe me just ask my mom!!ha ha). But since it is a school lunch, for me that is more like just enough food, vitamins, etc to survive, but no real love and care and nurturing. So, for me the setting is a place where I get almost what I need, but not what I want. The little girl I think in my dream, is part of me, or my kids. Gorgeous. But don't really belong here, in this place of nutrition but not love and care nutrition. *NOTE* (my kids go to public school. On days off or when I work evenings I go to eat with dd, age 8. She always brings her lunch, but sometimes I will get the school lunch, if we out of leftovers. YUCK and I mean it!!! Terrible. So this may be all me again) *BACK TO THE PROGRAM IN PROGRESS**
Then the woman who is the "same race" comes to get the little girl and leads her away so she doesn't have to be in that place. This feels like someone (me) is rescueing me from doing what I don't want to do and being where I don't want to be. Some one who is *like* me, only grown up.
I am acting out LOVE. Trying to get children to act out LOVE. But seeing that I can't control how others want to "act out" love. Some wander away. I feel like I am not doing my job. When I wake up I am relieved that this is not my job, this controlling how others *act out* their love. Because they are children, I feel like they are my children and Ijust have to accept they will live their love as they do, I can't control this.

That's all. Mamajamz. I also learn so much by reading others dreams and posts about dreams. Please don't feel like your posts are valuable. They are to me!
Susan- as always you are a gem. Very intuitive.
Momtwice-Your dreams are great. I, too, found so much postive messages here, if they were my dreams. Your dreams are interesting. What have you come up with after reading all the posts about them? Chaka- your questions really helped clarify some points for me.

I think we are doing great. Still no dream in my memory this am. It will happen when it happens, meanwhile I am loving yours!!!
#136 of 229 Old 02-27-2003, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

i really enjoyed reading both your insights, mamajamz and carmen! it helps wrench my thinking out of my own little ruts and consider new ways of looking at stuff...
hey, miracle of miracles, i actually had a dream last night that i can remember enough of to be worth posting! (ds gave me a 4 1/2 hr stretch!)

i go into our hall closet, which is tucked under the stairs, looking for more room to store our ever-increasing stash of craft supplies. as i pull junk out i realize it goes much deeper than i though and i push through into a whole other space i never knew was there (that in real life would be under the landing of the stairs and couldn't be more than 4 ft. high, but in this dream was a regular sized room). i see baby clothes hanging on rods that ds (now 14 mos) is too big for now and think, darn, we never even got to use those. as i look around more i realize that there's much more space here than i thought. there's a whole little room behind the closet and to the right of that, a doorway and another room that i think would make a great homeschooling center.
in the main room that i'm standing in i notice a shower on the wall to the right and a small drain under it, partly covered by the carpeting. i think, hmmm, previous owners must have had a pool in our family room (on the other side of the left wall of this space) and this was a shower to wash off afterwards.
i noticed two more doors on the same right-hand side of this space as the homeschooling room in the back. the middle door led to a utility room with hookups for washer and dryer and (at this point i had dragged dh in to show him this amazing discovery and we were talking about how to use this new space) was suggesting to dh that maybe we should move our w/d in here, but he was wondering, why bother, it was fine in the garage? the other door, nearest the entrance to this whole space, was yet another bathroom! i was so amazed! nobody said anything about this when we bought the house! and the thought flitted through my head, great, another bathroom to clean :
i turned back to the room that i first found and realized that there were windows on either side of it and the windows to the left opened onto the family room and were flooding the space with light because the family room is at the back of the house and has a window and sliders that open to the west, and the late afternoon sun was coming in. it was quite lovely and i thought, gee, this could be someone's bedroom (one of the kid's) or their play room (though maybe i should wait till they're older and more independent as i couldn't hear them very well in here from other areas of the house.
all in all, i was really excited to think that our house was much bigger than i'd believed, and that we could live here forever, and not need to move to a bigger place someday...

some things that popped up right away for me, out of current real life -- i've been dabbling in feng shui and trying to spruce up the house according to it. our stairs are the children and creativity aspect of our house and i've been wanting to kick start my creative energies and wondering how to do that with just a set of stairs and a closet to work with.
our w/d are in the health and family part of our garage, and i've been trying to keep the laundry from overflowing messily there, on the general feng shui principle that clutter is bad.
dh and i were talking two days ago about the energy of water as we looked at the stream that's currently rushing past our back gate (pouring rain here lately) and we agreed that while a too-vigorous stream of water is unsettling, that we both liked showers better than baths, maybe b/c the energy of the water pouring over you is cleansing on an energetic level...

i really look forward to reading all your takes on this dream.
i did notice right away the shower, laundry bathroom theme -- lots of cleaning up/washing away there. feels like a good healthy cleaning, not a shameful hiding/ridding of bad stuff sense...
thanks!
susan
#137 of 229 Old 02-27-2003, 11:43 PM

I haven't read the responses. But, Momtwice, the message that popped out at me when re-reading your first dream was ENTITLEMENT. If this were my dream, I would try to see what entitlement issues I have. Feeling guilty about things done to protect someone (physically or emotionally) might be an issue I need to address. I would also think that the wheelchair incident is indicative of my attitude toward entitlement, b/c in the dream, I felt like the man didn't need it, but was using it anyway.

Ok, the second dream seems like it's about ENTITLEMENT and SELF-WORTH, as well. If this were my dream, I would think that I haven't been speaking up for myself as much as I should, and that I feel like I have a lot to offer (or have offered a lot), but I'm not getting the recognition and returns I feel I deserve.
#138 of 229 Old 02-27-2003, 11:52 PM

sueami, interesting dream. If this were my dream, I would think that I am doing a lot of thought about renovation (internal) and trying to find the "new" in the "old". All those rooms would represent to me that I am or will find new ways of thinking/being that will aid me in my happiness with what I already have. My dream dictionary says that baths represent cleansing or wanting to come clean, and since the dream had so many bathrooms in it, I would think that it means that I will find many cleansing areas in my home if I keep an open mind (that's part of the whole finding the "new" in the "old).

I think, ultimately, this dream is about being happy with where you are and discovering new ways to deal with old things and be happy with it all.

Very nice, dream! And, I read that you're looking into feng shui, so that probably has a lot to do with it.
#139 of 229 Old 02-28-2003, 01:58 AM

Sueami, I'm remembering my teeny little house before we moved, so I'm coming from that angle...So, if it were my dream....

I see the crafts as very positive creativity and family involvment/fun. When I'm doing crafts with my kids I feel like a good mom and enjoy my children (unless the little guy is splattering paper mache everywhere : ) Crafts for me is an apex of intentionality toward my family and listening to my creative/productive/grounded side.

If I had discovered an unused room it would be like a gift, a treasure, a wonderful surprise. It also speaks to me of untapped resources that were there all along and now I'm ready to uncover them. Depths i didn't know I had, but perhaps even feeling disappointment, like I had wasted a lot by not using what I had. And yet hopefulness in the new possibilities that lay before me.

the pool and shower with partially covered drain---past history, past something...and something of it that doesn't want to completely be washed away or forgotten.

the washer/dryer hookups and yet another bathroom...The possibilities are endless for shedding old things, unuseful things, the dirt and grime. YOu feel powerful in finally being able to do so and see how it can be done...and yet still weighing the cost/benefit to it...(maybe the washer and dryer are better off where they are.) And yet another bathroom!....endless access to this powerful process of change and growth and shedding old things and moving on. Many possibilities...but there's also the work to consider in doing so.

The light shining into the main room sounds very hopeful, very positive. Full of light, no more dark corners. Sounds like your family is experiencing healthy change, or at least the way you perceive it...it could even be a kids' room or playroom....your family is becoming a place of refuge and safe haven for your precious children whom you so want to protect.

That's what comes to me. Sounds like a great dream!!
#140 of 229 Old 02-28-2003, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

how cool! i got lots of aha's from your interpretations! taylor stresses that it's much better to do dream work in a group b/c dreams are generally trying to tell you stuff you're ignoring/not attending to in waking life, and you are likely to miss those interpretations in your dream analyses as well. and he also says, don't fall for the biggest ahas, those tend to confirm what's uppermost in your psyche anyway. pay attn to the things that tug at you but don't feel entirely clear on or comfortable with, and you both said things that felt that way...

chaka, internal renovation is right on, i'm hot and heavy in a personal growth phase right now, probably from lack of anything better to do with two little ones at home. i'm intrigued by the idea of finding cleansing areas in my home/life, that's tugging at me and i'm going to let it roll around in my brain for a while, to see what that would mean for me. it would be really cool i think...
one theme that you mention twice is one i would not have picked out myself but is very relevant to me -- being happy with what i have/where i am. that's the key misery that i inflict upon myself, always thinking i'll be happy/life will be perfect when something changes/i live somewhere else that's perfect/blah blah blah. this dream is telling me to delve more deeply within who/where i am now for space to grow!

mamajamz -- *lots* in your post resonated with me too!
"When I'm doing crafts with my kids I feel like a good mom and enjoy my children (unless the little guy is splattering paper mache everywhere ) Crafts for me is an apex of intentionality toward my family and listening to my creative/productive/grounded side."
this is absolutely true for me, though i've never thought about it directly! in this light, the dream is addressing my daily little struggle to do more of that with my children/make more space for it and it's reassuring me that as dd gets older and we commit to unschooling her, that i *will* find the "untapped resources" and space to do that! very encouraging msg from within!
the partially covered drain and "something of it that doesn't want to completely be washed away or forgotten" is really tugging at me -- i think you've hit on something there that i'm also going to chew on...
and at a semi-conscious level i *am* weighing the costs/benefits of this cleansing growth work... it's hard and icky sometimes and i'm not leaping in with both feet.

and i was really shocked and amused by my dh's take on the dream, when i told him last night. when i was done, he turned to dd (4) and said, "hmmm new rooms in the house and unused babyclothes harrison has outgrown. sounds like we're going to have another baby!" i was totally floored and immediately protested (i'm barely keeping my head above water with two!), but he's right, there's something in the dream about that too, i think saying that there will be space within me to love and care for another, if we go that way. i can't imagine it at the moment though... maybe if we adopt once these two are in college

many thanks for your thoughts! your interpretations have re-energized me with the cool feeling i woke up with after the dream!
susan
#141 of 229 Old 03-01-2003, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

momtwice, i just saw your post in the manifesting circle i'm sorry you're having nightmares! i don't know why, but i didn't connect the r.i. club fire and the convalescent home fire in conn. and consider how close they both were, geographically. that must have been doubly upsetting to you... i can't imagine how it would feel to have a dream that prefigured something tragic, two somethings tragic.
i hope you feel more peaceful soon,
susan
#142 of 229 Old 03-02-2003, 07:41 AM
PM
Banned

I'm sorry that I haven't made input so far, but I would like some help figuring out last night's dream. Then I'll try to offer input on others' dreams.

In the dream I'm in Portland, OR, specifically Alameda (hilly neighborhood). I don't know why because I've never spent much time there. I am pushing a male friend's (platonic) wheelchair up a hill. I am really struggling. Then a woman comes out of her house and asks "Where are your kids?" (but much more bitchy than that...I don't remember the exact words) I reply, "Mine is at preschool!" (though I feel some kind of interior guilt by saying this) And then she asks my friend. I inform her that my friend is hard-of-hearing and that he has been trying with his wife (or girlfriend...not sure) for many years. Then I sign this conversation to my friend. (I don't know SL) Unfortunately, Iris woke me up just as I was signing to my friend.

What do you think? I've struggled with the idea of preschool for Iris (3 in April). I was enjoying our time at home together. But I need to learn Russian and go to the doctor without her, etc. I am assuming the dream is about this guilty feeling.
#143 of 229 Old 03-02-2003, 11:24 AM

Oh sue~ I love how you say "as I push through to a whole other space." Talk about a metaphor for growth, birth, change!!!

I would have to go with your dh on the new baby thing... Let us know if congradulations might be in order inthe future .
But also, re: your regret that "we never even got to use those" clothes. If it were my dream I would think that this was about things I would have liked to try in term of birthing or raising my baby (s) that I didn't get a chance to do/try?

I think it is interesting, if this were my dream, that I saw the covered drain and assumed ther had been a pool in the family room. I am thinking, if this were my dream, that I have not even begun to touch on all the possiblites in my life. Like, "wow, how did I not ever think the family room could be a pool!!" Vast, untapped resources that only take a bit of imagination and openness from me to see!!!

If this were my dream, I would see me sharing this cool stuff with my husband as that we are in this together, even though I take the lead and find the way. He is very agreeable to go along and is very willing to discuss possiblities with me.

Nothing else to add. You and everyone else already touched on eveything else that occurs to me.

Cool dream. I am still not remembering. Trying not to have dream envy.... This is so very much fun. Thanks all~Deirdre
#144 of 229 Old 03-02-2003, 11:34 AM

Parismaman~Do you know this guy IRL? If he is in your everyday life, then maybe he is who is he. If he is not in your everyday life, what part of you could he be? Definetly struggling , whoever he is. He is hard of hearing and in a wheelchair. Can't really take care of himself. The woman who comes out and yells about your kids...If it were my dream, I would feel instantly that she has no right to talk to us this way, and yet I answer her. This feels like a guilty reaction, if it were my dream. If I wasn't feeling guilty I would have just blown her off, or told her to mind her own affairs!!!
I don't feel like I helped much, I just heard from the back bedroom, "ouch!!! I'm telling......"
#145 of 229 Old 03-02-2003, 12:10 PM
PM
Banned

Nope, he's not in my life - though I have always had friends with health challenges. I woke up feeling just like you - she had not right to ask me - but I'm bad at confrontation. But I was proud for spitting back that my friend had been trying for years to have a baby with his wife. Shut her up!!

Yeah, maybe it's me struggling to have a "normal" life here, trying to take care of myself a little bit.

Thanks!
#146 of 229 Old 03-02-2003, 04:09 PM

PM, I agree that your dream sounds like it's really about your feelings about your life right now. It sounds like you are having a rough time of it right now and maybe you just need to relax and assess your situation w/o worrying about what needs to get done.

Good luck!
#147 of 229 Old 03-02-2003, 04:59 PM

One quick word about Sue's dream...Very cool about the pregnancy part/baby images. I never even thought about that, but now that you say that...wow! Sure! It's right there! I don't remember what you said about that....do let us know if there is an announcement in the future. Carmen I liked your take on that dream too.

Parismaman--nothing jumps out at me just yet except the guilt that seems to be clear in your dream, as you have already said. MOre thought later.
#148 of 229 Old 03-02-2003, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

carmen, thanks for the insights! your comments sparked several cool ahas! your "pushing through" observation and comment about regrets about birthing are totally right on and i can't believe i didn't see it myself! i birthed ds at home, we had a birthing pool (!) in the family room (i hated being in the water tho, didn't help me at all). my only regret about the birth is that i knew i was ready to push at one point in the family room but the midwife checked and didn't think i was fully dilated, so i went thru 2 1/2 more hours of transition, until she ultimately figured out that i was fully dilated in mid contrax but it wasn't evident between them, maybe b/c my waters hadn't broken yet) so i've felt regretful that i'm not going to have another one b/c i want a chance to experience my birthing as it was meant to be (however, two spirited/high needs whatever you want to call them children is quite enough for me right now!)
"Vast, untapped resources that only take a bit of imagination and openness from me to see!!!" -- this is such an inspiring thought! i'm going to let this one percolate in and see what comes up...

about your dream, parismaman,
portland/alameda is definitely significant, either for what the place represents for you emotionally, or, since you didn't spend much time there, maybe more obviously as a pun. port land? i'm trying to remember what alameda means in spanish. do you know spanish? i just looked it up and i get either poplar grove or boulevard or promenade, which doesn't seem immediately promising to me. if you play around with either of those place names, do you come up with anything?

if this were my dream, assuming that the male friend is an aspect of myself, i might think about this being the masculine energies i mentioned in connection with momtwice's dreams -- doing, creating, fixing, stuff you can't do when you're intensively raising a little one all day. so this side of me is paralyzed and, intriguingly, deaf (when i first read hard-of-hearing i thought, "hmmm, a part of me isn't being heard," but i don't know if that fits logically with this particular interpretation scenario.)

the bitchy woman could be another part of me, the part that drives me to be a perfect mom, maybe ingrained/absorbed cultural concepts of a female role limited to nurturing. so, of course she's asking snottily where my kids are.
so she asks my male aspect and i answer for it that he's been trying for years. if this were my dream, (b/c i have felt creatively blocked for years) i would interpret my male aspect's "children" as creative projects/output and think i am feeling creatively barren...
sign language is an interesting detail too, (though it ties in of course with deafness)
somehow, i feel like the hard-of-hearing part and communicating to your masculine aspect with sign language are important to decipher, but i'm not getting any further with them.

well, i should help dh chase down the little ones. i'll be very interested to hear your continued interpretations of your own dream.... lots of strong symbolism in this one, i think!

thanks again carmen and mamajamz (and noooo, congrats will not be needed anytime soon! i just don't know how moms cope with more than two kids! of course, i wondered how i was going to handle more than one, before harrison came along! but, still, i am not going there, even though i can't stop thinking about it ever since dh mentioned it... i think it's just my ovaries that are thinking about it. really. not me.)

:
susan
#149 of 229 Old 03-03-2003, 12:47 AM
PM
Banned

Wow! Sueami! You're good! I explained the dream to my dh last night and jokingly said "you must not be hearing what I need!" We have an excellent relationship, but I was feeling, over these past few months, that he wasn't hearing my concerns about our new life. Hmmm, Alameda has always been a favorite spot in Portland (lots of pretty Tudor homes and such). Oh! And the creative block! Definitely!

Thanks!
#150 of 229 Old 03-03-2003, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

oh, of course, the friend is also your husband! that makes alot of sense, and explains why you said he was hard of hearing and not deaf. that seemed significant to me.
in that case, and this may be way off base, perhaps the sign language is an indication that you are not communicating directly with him about how you feel? you are expecting him to read signs? i'm still trying to come up with a reason for your dream to have you communicate to him in sign language...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page