Let's rethink ourselves rich, happy, beautiful, CHECK IN! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-19-2006, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I am going to get that book from the library. I just had to call and put a stop payment on the gas bill that is 2 months behind. It would have bounced. I should have checked the account before I put it in the mail. I am so embarassed. My DH is so upset because he makes really good money and we just keep making bad decisions with the money.

Thanks!

Edited to add...

I am going to read more of this thread. It is about much more than money. I gleaned that skimming a couple of the other posts. I can be so much more and I need to change my attitude on a lot of things.

Looks like starting here for some group support might be a good thing for me.

I'll be back, later.

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2006, 02:32 PM

help!!! i am slipping fast and i 'm almost feeling like i don't even want to climb out. i can feel myself enjoying indulging in mean/unproductive thoughts towards dh, eating junkola, reckless spending you name it.

please help! i was doing so well before the holidays and i am crashing now.
i think i recently realized that in some way I am afraid of my own power (maybe of power in general) and i think i am doing things consciously or otherwise to let other things/situations/people create my reality.

something is keeping me from wanting to even try to rethink my life, arghhhhh
Old 01-19-2006, 05:45 PM

Janebug, maybe visualise how you want your life to be, that helps me get through those moments, I start making lists in my head...."do I want that? yes," and somethings I end up not wanting at all, but it's a good process.

So you want a healthy body, with no junk food and a good relationship with DP, and you don't need anymore stuff in your life etc etc... feel better soon

Ok, this is mine for the day/month/year(?????)

We are going to be out of debt and buy a house. I am going to develop as an artist and people will buy my work. I am going to stay on Eat to live and feel fab with tons of energy all of the time.

Lisa: Homeschooling Mum of ds, 8 and dd, 6
Old 01-20-2006, 02:52 PM

just stopping by.. will read more later..
Old 01-20-2006, 03:25 PM

Can I share, I have been having a more positive attitude toward money and paying attention to Karma type happenings.

I sold diapers I was unsure would sell and made enough to pay for my vacuum cleaners repair, and have some extra walking around money after having to put the stop payment on the check.

We also just found out a much worked on and awaited refinanceing of the house is going through. It will be closing on Tuesday. This will be saving us $300 a month, plus getting our interest rate locked in at a lower rate.

Hmmmm, attitude really does have a lot to do with things.

Christi
Old 01-20-2006, 03:25 PM

the estimate on my car was 2k!!!! NO WAY!!

I am trying trying trying to keep + and the second place is about to be towed to which specializes is going to find something different or at least be much lower as they claim they can.

and the $$ thing didn't go so well either so I am now sitting here having doubts

on the plus side my mom is taking us out to eat tonight 'to save you from cooking one night "
Old 01-20-2006, 08:06 PM

the second opinion is sooo much better and that I can do.

AND more +++ because the mechanic from the first place is coming to look and possibly buy the other car!!!

_++++ he will fall in love with it for his project and buy it outright+++

He had called and offered me 1k for the car they wanted 2k to fix,,, then asked about the other
I told him he puts green in my hand I put title and keys in his!!
Old 01-21-2006, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Oh, magster! This is so cool! Run, don't walk t othe library and get, "The Wealthy Spirit". I read it and did a few affirmations and BAM, things started to happen!

Oh, please, magster and others, come play with me. I have nothing to gain, I just want to share.

Thanks for the explanation and the invite, Red. You're the best.

I'll have to order the book from Amazon.com, the only books in English our library carries are ones by Danielle Steel and Dean Koonz.

But something's going to have to change, the more we earn (we are not talking millions here ) the deeper into a hole we sink. It's desperating!

Will follow this thread closely.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:06 AM

Tried to call him back today to tell him I would meet him in the middle of his price and mine and see if he goes for it. He said he had voicemail but its turned off i guess?

Forgot one thing at the grocery store but can go get it tomorrow as I need it for several meals this week.

Have an xmas check from fil to cash and got our first fsa check -very small but it can go in the savings account

I did discover I have to redo everything. Taking that BIGGER than I thought a month hit in the paycheck is mucking up things. It will just take me until march to get a handle on everything. I did have to use some reserve money on bills but that is what we keep it for.

The man *is* going to meet mid price and I can put that toward the repair bill on my car ( which is waay less than 2k)

I *AM* going to find the freezer I need at a good price.

Ds and I *will* have the storage shed cleaned and ready by the end of the week.

My current bills have been paid. No one is ill (other than the normal things lol)
Dh and I are getting along nicely.
The two teens haven't fought in a week *YEAH!*****
Old 01-23-2006, 04:04 PM

OK, here goes for me:

I have a happy wonderful and fulfilled life.

Farmers and landowners really enjoy working with me. I am working on a lot of interesting projects with a lot of farmers in both counties I work in. I enjoy my work. I have great working relationships with all of my partners, especially with my soil and water boards.

(Ok, this is really specific to my job....can you tell i think i would like to quit??? i don't know if i should make affirmations for this job to be good or for me to find new work/start a business, i feel so done with this line of work)

I love my work. People love to give me money. I have a wonderful balance in my life between my job, being a mom and wife and being me.

I LOVE MY LIFE.
EVERY DAY IS A GOOD DAY.

I'm trying hard here!!!!!!!! I'm ready to make some changes!!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janebug
I love my work. People love to give me money. I have a wonderful balance in my life between my job, being a mom and wife and being me.

I LOVE MY LIFE.
EVERY DAY IS A GOOD DAY.

I'm trying hard here!!!!!!!! I'm ready to make some changes!!!!
I think this is what you should focus on. It feels better, doesn't it? Just focus on loving your work, whatever it is.

What is it they say about teachers? Something along the lines of learning more deeply what they're teaching? I'm definitely trying to do this... to give up the HOWs, and to focus on the FEELINGs.

Barb
Old 01-23-2006, 04:54 PM

I love the positive "feelings" idea. I think that makes a big difference to me.

I am borrowing your statement Janebug. "I LOVE MY LIFE. EVERYDAY IS A GOOD DAY".

Thanks!

I am going to start doing some things for me. Making some time for myself with no one needing me. I am hunting down a mothers helper. Even it means I just borrow my friends 5yo DD for a few hours to play with DD. I have been stuggling with getting some respite care. But, I need it, and I know I will be a better mom if I take some time for me. I will do this. Someone will come my way.

Christi
Old 01-25-2006, 09:48 PM

Have you ever heard of TUT? I *love* receiving my daily note from "The Universe"!!

Here was a message I got the other day that I thought was appropriate from recent posts here:

Tell you what, Barb: If you can get happy right now, in spite of any problems, challenges and circumstances that now seem to taunt you, I'll take care of those problems, challenges and circumstances, as well as "ever-after."

Ah-hmm... Please, do the math, take the bait, and never look back.

Tallyho,
The Universe

Here's the link to find out more: http://www.tut.com/

Barb
Old 01-26-2006, 12:36 PM

Hi everyone

So my last post was me wanting to sell a painting, buy a house etc.....well I sold my first painting yesterday! It wasn't for very much, and it was a friend who bought it, but it felt sooooo good.

There is something in this visualisation thingy !!!

Now I need to visualise some art materials coming my way...

Old 01-26-2006, 02:12 PM

thanks for your help, mamas. i think i am alittle back on track. i am just being stubborn enough to stay cheerful and positive.

i definitely need to be careful and focus on the results that i *really* want cause I had been stating that I would have a lot of people who love working with me and suddenly it seesm like i've had so many farmers call or come by that i've got too much work going on now!

I like the TUT website, I will have to check into that more.
In the past I have read some of Louise Hay, You Can Heal Your Life http://www.louisehay.com/ and really liked it but I think i got so hung up on the causes of "dis-ease" and dissecting my thoughts that I hadn't really gotten a good start on the rethinking.

congratulations lisa72!!!!!! on selling your painting! here's sending many thoughts for selling more and having plenty of art supplies!
Old 01-26-2006, 05:27 PM

daily om website is good too

the other place fixed my car for waay less and it didn't need a new transmission!
Now the bill cycle just has to go *this* way than this other

I miscalculated the original new chunk missing from the income but I *will* figure something else out. I was originally going to put part of that in our ING account. but now OUCH!!

bUT i CAN figure out the new budget and not be deprived
Old 01-27-2006, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter
Red

janebug, make a list! Write down what it is you hope to accomplish and keep reading it. It will help you to keep focused.

And don't bum out if you spend money. That is what it's ultimately for. Just try to hang on to it a bit longer tomorrow!

My dh hated, despised his job, til I started leaving him an affirmation on the table every morning. Now he feels much better about it, and he got all that over time!

CerridwenLorelei, it a roller coaster ride, huh? As it's gone along, I find myself getting less worked up when things look dim, and therefore, less surprised when it goes well.

magster, each year we make more money and I try hard to save and I got nowhere. Only after I convinced myself that I already DID it. I still mess it up. Weekly. But it's soooo much better!

lisa72, USE that INSPIRATION! WHat do you want? How do you wish your life was going? See it happening NOW. And congrats on that painting. How incredible! What is your house going to look like? How many rooms? Yard?

chrfath, one of my favorites is, "My life is full of fun and adventure" Hard to be down while thinking that!

Barb, thanks fo rhte link. I'll be checking it out.

Streams of income is something I've beeen giving alot of thought to. I need to think of a variety of ways for my family to earn money. Simple, fun ways, doing things we already enjoy. It's much safer to have multiple streams of income, because then one area's failing won't drag you down.

In 4 and 1/2 years, dh is retiring. That's not an affirmation, it's a simple fact. I'm going to get that plan worked out!
Old 01-27-2006, 11:18 AM

Thank you for the TUT post! That seriously made my day, and got me back on track during a day when I was having a really rough time holding onto my positiveness. (lack of sleep'll do that to me...)

I think the positive thinking really helped too - even tho I'd not tried for anything in particular - 'cause that night my dp _insisted_ I take some recharge time for myself!
Old 01-27-2006, 12:41 PM

Thanks Janebug and Red

The TUT website is good, I got my first msg this morning, it was very relevant the Daily OM website is good too, I've been getting those for ages, I really like them.

Ok

I have endless inspiration that helps me create beautiful work. I am confidant enough to show and sell this work.

My house has at least two bedrooms and a back yard with a nice view. It has a loft which I will use as a studio. It feels light and airy and we can totally afford this life.

I am balanced and happy all of the time, I live in the moment with my children and husband.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:31 PM

ok, mamas! here's to everybody getting those intentions down and happening.

Red, have you been talking to my mom???????? She's has been after me about making lists since I don't know when. I've actually started doing some and it helps. I will do some with my intentions too. (except I will confess to a bad happen of writing something down that I have already done just so i could cross it off )

you know, i think i need to work on some kinda confidence thing too cause i am just realizing that I have no problem putting something out in the univers like " Everything will be OK with the car." or " I am having a great day" etc. But i really seem to run up a wall of resistance when it comes to specific ones like " we are going on a vacation this summer". i think i am afraid i will screw up and get it wrong and intend for the wrong thing to happen and there will be consequences. Kinda like i've heeded that "be careful what you wish for" thing too much.

i know you aren't supposed to use negatives in your intentions but how about:

I live without fear.

??
Old 01-27-2006, 04:03 PM

or, if you'd like a suggestion?

I live with courage.

or

I live in serenity.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:33 PM

i like those!
Old 01-27-2006, 08:29 PM

"
CerridwenLorelei, it a roller coaster ride, huh? As it's gone along, I find myself getting less worked up when things look dim, and therefore, less surprised when it goes well."

I found myself panicking a bit yesterday and today and was able to say NOPE! STOP RIGHT THERE! and redirect things..
Old 01-28-2006, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter
Red

janebug, I just got off the phone with her. She says your closets are messy and you're disorganised. I'm to tell you to get it together!

Writing things down helps me to remember to pay attention to them.

When I'm doing an affirmation about money, I get a bit panicked too. So, I usually try to include something like, "For the greater good of all, we're going to vacation in a lovely condo in Smuggelrs Notch." I try to remember that those people rely on tourists to make their money and without vacations, they'd have no jobs! I also repeat "good money, good money" alot.

Ever read "The Monkeys Paw" by Guy Demarpesant ?(I didn't spell that right!)
Man, that's what made me scared to wish for things!

CerridwenLorelei, ah, it's working!
Old 01-29-2006, 08:21 PM

I've recently discovered this Law of Attraction blog, and thought this recent post might be helpful to you.

http://lawofattraction.blogharbor.co...8/1714861.html

I love Abraham-Hicks, and am working on following their advice - when I am (mostly) conscious of my thoughts, and reach for the better feeling, my days go very well!

I'm also loving reading the updates here - very inspiring!

Barb
Old 01-30-2006, 09:45 PM

36 hours I have slipped sooo very far...

*must* *get* *+* again and redirect thinking ...

just can't get there from here right now ..**sigh**
Old 01-30-2006, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerridwenLorelei
36 hours I have slipped sooo very far...

*must* *get* *+* again and redirect thinking ...

just can't get there from here right now ..**sigh**
CerridwenLorelei,

You don't necessarily need to get positive. Just reach for the next best feeling thought you can find. When you're thinking about whatever's bothering you, try to think of something that feels better, even if you can't think of what feels the best. For example, we'll say that you're overwhelmed with 50 things to do today, and what would feel best would be to have it ALL done. But you can't picture that happening at all! Don't even think about really having to do it, but imagine how you'd feel if 2 of those things were done. Does that feel better? Could you imagine how it would feel if 5 things were done? See, baby steps. Just reach for the feeling that feels slightly better, and you'll get there.

I'm reading Ask and It Is Given by Abraham Hicks, and there are a bunch of exercises in the second half of the book. I've only read through the first few exercises, but I like that they have a sort of "system" for which exercise you should be doing, based on your feelings at the time. I highly recommend that book. And the book that got me into Abraham - Excuse me, your life is waiting : the astonishing power of feelings by Lynn Grabhorn. I highly recommend that one!
Old 01-30-2006, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter
Red

Or try just repeating ONE thought, one affirmation. You don't have to 'feel' positive, just remind the universe that 'it' shoudl treat you right!

So, I say things like, "I always have enough money to pay my bills" even when I'm laughing at myself because it ca't possibly work.

And I just refuse to spend my life worrying about stuff that's either going to happen anyway, or not happen at all. (SOmetimes I literally imagine 'flushing' my cares away)
Old 02-06-2006, 01:50 PM

mamas, i need some help!!

i'm trying to figure out boundaries, maybe scope of my ability to create my reality and I'm having trouble.

my dh started talking last night about when he gets busy at work again and will be working 5-6 days/wk. (he writes and waits tables at night, the busy he was referring to is the restaurant) well my heart just sank but I didn't say anything. (long story here but basically i hate that he works at night and we just hand the baby off and keep going, i work ft, 40 hr. gov't job during the week.) i can handle 3-4 days but 5-6 days a week? and for what?? ok, anyway, here's my question:

obviously, i can't create his reality. but his reality and mine are so intertwined/ like when i say, people love to give ME money, i want to say, people love to give US money. cause honestly, he's the one always worried about it.

what kind of affirmation can i use here? i want to say: " my husband will never work in a restaurant again ever ever or at night and we will have family time together to eat dinner and be with each other" ok, ok but i know that's not right and not really exactly what i wish for, just my first outcry. i'm trying to get at the heart of what i want to happen but i can't figure out what a good affirmation is that isn't one trying to shape HIS reality you know? Maybe " I have lots of family time" or "my husband and I spend a lot of time together?" somehow these don't feel right either.

sorry so long but it just took the wind out of my sails. i don't mind a few nights alone but i'm so tired of being lonely and my little guy is getting big enough where he is noticing when we are all together and when we are not. and he really likes it when we are all together. makes a big point of pointing to me and saying "ma" and to dh and saying "da" and then to himself, you know?

thanks, mamas!
Old 02-06-2006, 03:00 PM

Well, you kind of said it yourself - your realities _are_ intertwined - that's part of being in a relationship. So I, personally, think it is not so much that you shouldn't ask for anything that influences his - rather that you ask in a way that is respectful and non-coercive.

So...how about something like "Our relationship is strong and healthy". Realizing that quality time is part of what creates health in a relationship...

Or "My family is blessed with lots of family time"?

hth

p.s. wish I was as good at coming up with these for myself! LOL

User Tag List