Sending positive energy out into the universe - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 01-11-2003, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd been thinking about this for a while. Somehow when a new year starts and the balloons are lying on the ground, everyone gets a little melancholy

There's this definate feeling of drudgery to things. And I was feeling a little anxious about it all. Not necessarily here on the boards, but in the news, and around town. I understand it, I could list things to be down about, but that's not the point, here.

I was feeling - good. I am feeling good. Optimistic. About life, and the future. I can't explain it. It is probably because I'm moving into the 2nd half of my pregnancy and everything is looking so much rosier than in the beginning, and I'm just, I'm sorry, happy.

And I wish everyone could be, too.

One of the meditation philsophies I worked with went like this; all energy moves around the universe. And when you need energy, you borrow it, and when you have energy you send it out; dedicate your practice and your high spirits back out to the universe.

I think a lot of people borrow energy when they need it. And perhaps forget to send it back, or don't know to dedicate their good energy back out.

One time, something fabulous happened to me, and I was BURSTING with this delicious good energy about something so wonderful. And I thought, I'm so happy, and I'm just bursting with this energy, it's almost embarassing to be so bulging with this positive spirit. And I said, I should let this energy go back out to the universe - and I let it go, and I felt so relieved, wonderful, calm, connected, giving. It was even better than the original good feeling. I gave back the good energy that I was bursting with, and it was so right.

Anyway - I just wanted to send out this extra optimism I'm feeling to the universe, so it can swirl around and perhaps help relieve some of this gunky feeling that seems to be dampening everything. And encourage anyone who has got some extra energy or can muster some up, and send it on out there, too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 24 Old 01-11-2003, 06:23 AM

Where is the "THANK YOU-You are so cool-
smiley"?
#3 of 24 Old 01-11-2003, 12:24 PM

I have more than enough positive energy right now. I'll send it out asap.
#4 of 24 Old 01-11-2003, 12:30 PM

#5 of 24 Old 01-11-2003, 12:55 PM

mystichealermom,

thankyou, what a nice thread to wake up to! i'm personally feeling quite gunky lately. i think part of it is the stage of my pregnancy, stress of moving (again!) and the state of the world..

i used to be quite able to feel that glorious, euphoric connection with the universe.. and i love giving it back, passing it along. i dunno why i feel so stuck lately, part of me feels guilty or weird to be feeling good when the world's so screwed. BUT, the world has always been relatively screwed, and i know that i have a personal responsibility to be as much of a light as i can..

one barometer i find quite helpful to me, is when i walk down the street, if i'm lost in feelings of negativity (insecurity/bitterness/anger/self-pity, whatever), i see these feelings on other's faces. people look away, look sad, lost, annoyed. that is my cue to change my focus to love and gratitude. and it always works! once i feel good again, i see people radiating contentment and peace. it's really quite wonderful.

thankyou for the reminder!

#6 of 24 Old 01-15-2003, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for sharing.

I wish that all it took was for everyone to just send out their positive vibes (maybe it is, and there just aren't enough of us doing it...).

I get what you mean about that positive connection to the universe - sometimes I can feel the whole world out there, plusing and living and thriving. Sometimes It's just way too overwhelming. But I like to spread it around when it feels right...

We all light up the world.

#7 of 24 Old 01-15-2003, 06:54 PM

You Know, I think love, postive energy, consiousness, ect. is all that it takes to change the world. The problem is that there is so much negitivity to overcome. The more people sending out love, the better this place will be. So keep it up, love is contagious!!!

That's my 2cents, anyway.
#8 of 24 Old 01-15-2003, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Lindy...

I want to be so optimistic, and then I watch the news...

But I know there are a lot of negative vibes out there - otherwise we wouldn't have all the crud going on with the middle east and china would be out of tibet.

If negative vibes can create all this badness, then we can turn it around with positive energy. The universe is a wonderful place.

If you want a positive outlook - put out a positive vibe.

#9 of 24 Old 01-16-2003, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

I just wanted to touch this thread again because I'm scared of all the nasty stuff out there... I think the US has gone Mad.

I feel a little better already.

I think I'll do the laundry and stay away from the computer for a bit....

#10 of 24 Old 01-16-2003, 05:30 PM

(((((((mystichealermom)))))))
#11 of 24 Old 01-21-2003, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to get some strong positive vibes out there.

I am thinking of the folks who are being called in for military duty and what this means. Praying for peace.

#12 of 24 Old 01-21-2003, 08:47 PM

I'm not a buddhist, but i always feel good knowing that millions of buddhists are praying for all sentient beings everywhere. That's a LOT of positive vibes goin' out into the universe, ykwim?
#13 of 24 Old 01-21-2003, 08:53 PM

Another person here to add their positive energy to that which is already present--it is MUCH more powerful than negative energy and WILL prevail after destiny has run its course.

I find it best for me to try and accept all energies and not assign value judgments of good or bad--to try and understand everything that happens is completely necessary in some universal plan that isn't revealed to me. I'm human and feel loss, so I can't pretend that I actually *do* this 100% of the time, but it helps none-the-less.
#14 of 24 Old 01-21-2003, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Aster. It's not intended as a buddhist only thread, just so you know. Thanks for your sentiments

I try to think of all the people sending their positive energy and co-mingling with mine to make even stronger positive energy flow. Sometimes I think I can actually feel the whole world humming with brilliant energy. And myself as a part of the whole...

Lee, I know what you mean about the universal plan - and I accept that what's going to happen, will, too.

I also believe there are a lot of folks sending their energy out there for the wrong reasons and desiring the wrong things which are counter productive to life. It makes me feel like I'm doing something by making sure my positive energy gets out there! I was feeling kinda passive, and I don't want to just sit here holding it all in and being afraid.

Lindy - thanks for the hug - it did help a lot.

and s to all

#15 of 24 Old 01-22-2003, 02:50 AM

Weird. I didnt even know that you were a buddhist MHM. I just wanted to share the good feeling. I guess sometimes my thoughts dont really make it into words the way that i intend them to.

I visited a buddhist monestary once, for a day, and was told while i was there that buddhists pray for all sentient beings. I just think that's such a beautiful thing, y'know? And it's something that i think about when i get bummed, it's nice to know that, as a sentient creature, there are millions of pple praying for me. Well, not just for me, but for ALL. And it's kind of nice to feel being part of that ALL.
#16 of 24 Old 01-22-2003, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

I think you're very percpetive, Aster

I like everyone to feel welcome

Thanks for sharing the good feelings with all sentient beings

Lori
#17 of 24 Old 01-23-2003, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter

hey, something good seems to be happening. Keep it up

http://216.92.20.151/discussions/sho...threadid=38853

#18 of 24 Old 01-28-2008, 02:48 PM

I'm glad I came across this thread. I have been googling positve energy because I can feel negative energy all around me. I found a book called Positive Energy and was wondering if anyone had read it yet or if anyone has any opinions about it. I want to make changes in my life and am not yet sure this is the path for me.
http://drjudithorloff.com/positiveenergy.asp
#19 of 24 Old 02-20-2008, 05:08 AM

Wow! This is such an awesome thread!
#20 of 24 Old 02-20-2008, 03:35 PM

Yes, very,very cool thread.
#21 of 24 Old 02-22-2008, 04:08 AM

Wow, I'm short on positive energy for myself right now but I can always muster some up for others. I'm going to intentionally send out some positive energy right now and if I'm lucky I can soak some up later too!!

belly.gif to  jumpers.giflol.gif wonderful people with  baby.gif on the way!

#22 of 24 Old 02-22-2008, 10:27 AM

I haven't read the whole post and this may have been said but...

Going beyond sending out positive vibes through thought, we also must remember to send them out physically, with our eyes and our smiles each and every day.

Making simple eye contact with others acknowledges their presence. We can offer hope, sympathy, empathy and pride all without saying a word.

We have to remember that we do not know what is going on in someone else's life and if they appear negative or unappealing, just smile and move on. If someone says something that does not go along with our way of life or thinking, they do not have psychic ability to know what wrong they have committed, just smile and move on.

I do not have a conclusion for my thought so I will just smile and move on now.
#23 of 24 Old 02-22-2008, 10:52 AM

Thanks, I could use some positive energy. I could use a whole lot.

Now, let me send some:
Here's a beautiful picture for you:
I am sitting at my dining table. It's just getting light here, and I can see two deer grazing in my back yard.

Here's another:
When I wear my son on walks around town, strangers and neighbors wave and smile at us. I always feel like a good will ambassador sent out into the world early in the morning when people pass, smile, and wave.

Blessings,
Melinda
#24 of 24 Old 02-23-2008, 12:32 AM

Know what I wish for? A good news channel. Good news all day long.

I just have to say that I recently moved from PA to Utah. I honestly think people are happier here. I personally think it partly has to do with the sun. But it could be more than that. Now when I hear someone being negative it takes me by surprise. In PA it was the way to be.

User Tag List