The Secret for Personal Growth.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 129 Old 09-11-2006, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I watched this back in May and it is awesome. I was so inspired by it I put up a thread in Spirituality...because its nature is spiritual...but the truth is that what comes out of it is..very, very personal growth.

I know a number of people on MDC can't access the spiritual threads and I have seen so many posts here on Personal Growth that seem to go hand in hand with 'attraction' which a lot of The Secret is about.. the power of attraction... Anyway, I highly recommend it to anyone who has done Treasure Maps... or anyone who needs a boost... there is a lot going on here that is so great.

totally worth the $5 for the download. I promise.

http://whatisthesecret.tv/revealed/

My life seems to keep evolving a great deal after my initial watching...

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#2 of 129 Old 09-12-2006, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I had no idea that Spirituality was blocked (Maybe you have to have a certain number of posts?)

This movie has been a huge HUGE help to me!

I too have made leaps and bounds in personal growth after watching it several times.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#3 of 129 Old 09-12-2006, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
for all of you who are confused, overwhelmed or who have a passion yet really feel people think u r crazy for having that dream you guys must watch teh secret. it is one of those movies that u would want to watch over and over esp. when u feeel down.

in one sentence it is about believing in yourself and believing that it can happen. if you believe in 'if there is a will there is a way' watch teh movie.

ok i am not selling the movie. i am not hired by that company. its just that it shows you how to believe in urself. and how to turn ur dreams into realities. and when u start applying it and find them happening you get hooked.

for instance the other day while walking my dd to preschool we both talked about our favourite lunch. that day i really, really felt like a roast beef sandwhich. now i didnt have money to buy me a sandwhich. so that wasnt gonna happen. but i still did it. we tasted teh sandwich, we both shared and took bites. that's what we did for 20 minutes. i loved joining my dd in pretend play and she had some neat ideas.

guess what. suddenly my exinlaws stopped by and dropped me off a roast beef sandwich. now if something like this happened with a roast beef sandwich how much bigger things can happen - however impossible it is - just by beleiving that it is a possibility and then act upon it. for those 20 minutes my dd and i were eating our sandwich. we werent longing for it, we werent just talking about it we were tasting it, we were holding it in our hands.

so check it out and see if it means something to you. take what you want and leave the rest.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#4 of 129 Old 09-12-2006, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
ok i am not selling the movie. i am not hired by that company. its just that it shows you how to believe in urself. and how to turn ur dreams into realities. and when u start applying it and find them happening you get hooked.
me either, Not to say I don't wish I had come up with it.

I had heard this information for so long in so many different ways but I think the way they put it together is just so perfect. I also think the timing is perfect now more than ever. I personally think people are tired of their limited thinking and negative thoughts and this is just the perfect antidote. kwim?

#5 of 129 Old 09-12-2006, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy
I had heard this information for so long in so many different ways but I think the way they put it together is just so perfect. I also think the timing is perfect now more than ever. I personally think people are tired of their limited thinking and negative thoughts and this is just the perfect antidote. kwim?
i totally agree with u there tracy. i didnt really learn anything new from the movie but definitely felt more inspired to believe.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#6 of 129 Old 09-12-2006, 02:16 PM

What moves me most in association with this movie right now is that there's *so* much negativity to see in the world these days, so much despair ... war ... crime ... political wrangling that is just so devastating.

And along comes this movie that gives us the brightest hope possible, that it's all within our grasp regardless of all this negativity! The world may appear to be going to hell in a handbasket, but this movie offers SPECIFIC SKILLS to change it, starting right now, and with immediately identifiable results!

That's why I tell everyone to watch it, and watch it now. No matter how much pain or discomfort you're in -- in fact, the greater the discomfort, the greater the opportunity for immediate, measureable, improvement.

And no, I don't work for the company, either!
#7 of 129 Old 09-12-2006, 06:19 PM

Another one chiming in with praise for the Secret! (Also not a worker for the company. )

Most of what I heard in the Secret were things that I had heard in bits and pieces over the years. But having everything together in this film, which is very enjoyable to watch, has really helped me to understand it in a way I didn't before. It's now so much easier to catch myself when I'm negative and change it to a positive.

Also, I do so love to read, but it's hard to find the time lately with dd still young and 2 others on the way. It's nice for me to have the DVD and even just be able to watch small snippets once in awhile.

I did order the DVD but I watched it from the download first. $5 is so worth it for the download. Cheaper than the ticket price of most theater movies today, yeah? Oh, and if you can't watch the download in one sitting, you are able to stop when you need to. You can get a link/code (??? I forget which) to bring you back to the same point in the download you left off from.

I even got Dh to watch it. Well, sort of. Actually, he was on the computer, which is nearby the TV. I asked if he wouldn't mind if I watched a movie. He said go ahead. He kept turning away from surfing the Web to watch the movie. I could see he was highly impressed with it.
He, too, says he finds himself remembering things from the movie and it helps change his direction a lot.

Loon , dh , dd , and twins ds1 dd2 **Thoughts become things. - Mike Dooley**
#8 of 129 Old 09-12-2006, 10:59 PM

I can't wait for my DVD to show up! I'd watch it online but I don't have speakers right now for my pc...

In the meantime I'm reading "Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting" and OMG is that such a AWESOME book! Lynn Grabhorn is a great writer, the book is easy to read and she is hilarious and so down to earth, more than one time I was literally laughing out loud.

It was recommended by the gal at a local New Age bookstore to read "Excuse Me..." first before getting into Abraham-Hicks since it is just a lighter read and a good start to the whole Law of Attraction theory. Abraham-Hicks is next on my reading list.

#9 of 129 Old 09-14-2006, 04:10 AM

Great movie. I don't think it said a whole lot I hadn't either heard or figured out intuitively already but it made the information a lot more accessible for me and helped me understand much better how to *utilize* the concept. I've been watching it frequently to help pound the information into my skeptical cynical nuerotic little brain.

ETA
Also liked Excuse me Your Life Is Waiting. Good book.
#10 of 129 Old 09-14-2006, 10:37 AM

Same here. Love the movie. Not new ideas really but they are SO EASY to forget! I used this way of thinking before I met dh and you know what? I met him like a month and a half later. Many other things manifested in my life during this time too. Big ones.

I recently watched The Secret and realized that I had not thought this way for ummm . . . several years.

I don't know why I seem to get into this type of funk. It's hard for me to remember just how powerful thoughts can be.

The Secret has me consciously thinking about what's going on inside my head and it's not pretty. I didn't realize I had so many negative thoughts! And I always considered myself a pretty easy-going, positive person. Yikes!

Since watching the movie I have actually been less anxious about things that I've been worrying about, have been sleeping better, (as have my dds - - funny how it trickles down) and have been happier each day even when I'm exhausted and entirely frustrated. Oops, there's that negativity again!

I'm trying really hard to *remember*. Right now I'm taking the small steps as major changes and am looking forward to some big manifestations soon!
#11 of 129 Old 09-14-2006, 01:26 PM

My sister just sent me the Secret after a couple of conversations we had about how unhappy I was being a sahm and not having a career path of my own and being financially strapped. I was pretty skeptical at first, because my sister is much more spiritually/religious minded than I am. I really feel that after watching it I have been able to be more positive and energetic towards my goals, or figuring out my goals in life. Like others have said it said nothing I haven't already heard, but was said so completely and in a new way which has given me a way to remind myself of positive thinking throughout the day. I do think the video has a bit more mysticism for my taste, but has already inspired me to try harder to get a job and do research for finding "that" career. I'm through with trying to "fix" the negatives in my life and am excited about working towards what I want in my life.
#12 of 129 Old 09-14-2006, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

you are awesome for being willing to focus on what you want in your life.

#13 of 129 Old 09-14-2006, 01:43 PM

I have just noticed that the absolutely best part of watching the Secret regularly,

is that people are starting to be more loving to me, whether strangers, friends, medical professionals, aquaintances in different places I frequent. It's pretty mind blowing. I never set out to ask for more kindness but I guess watching the Secret is a form of loving myself that is attracting more love.:

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#14 of 129 Old 09-18-2006, 05:17 AM

Hi!
You guys got me interested in the secret, but I have a question: does the DVD have a country code (or whatever it's called)? Did anyone who live in Europe get the DVD?
I don't want to pay for it and then not be able to watch it in my DVD player.

Thanks.

PS: I did look on their site, but didn't find info on that.
#15 of 129 Old 09-19-2006, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
I have just noticed that the absolutely best part of watching the Secret regularly,

is that people are starting to be more loving to me, whether strangers, friends, medical professionals, aquaintances in different places I frequent. It's pretty mind blowing. I never set out to ask for more kindness but I guess watching the Secret is a form of loving myself that is attracting more love.:
Changing how you see the world around you changes your world... Isn't it wonderful!!
#16 of 129 Old 09-19-2006, 06:00 PM

i am v. v. inspired by gandhi's life. to me he perfected the balance between his spirituality and work in this world. and so this saying means a lot to me. when i read his words i notice what a huge confidence he had with all he did. he didnt pay attention to what could happen to him. he just did it because he felt the calling for it.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" --Gandhi

for me the secret (i think it has everything to do with i react better to a movie than a book) brought things together and got me started. as my vision changed others writings and works became even more meaningful for me. instead of saying i wish i could - i changed it to i believe i can. and really for me that line above makes a huge impact on me. i have to start with myself. i have to release my fears. i have to find out who i really am, what my passions are instead of being who everybody says i am or being who i am supposed to be.

#17 of 129 Old 09-19-2006, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Isabel View Post
Hi!
You guys got me interested in the secret, but I have a question: does the DVD have a country code (or whatever it's called)? Did anyone who live in Europe get the DVD?
I don't want to pay for it and then not be able to watch it in my DVD player.

Thanks.

PS: I did look on their site, but didn't find info on that.
http://shop.thesecret.tv/AccountLogi...Y2tldC5waHA%3D

check this one out. i dont see a phone no. to call. i would send an email to find out for which u have to login as a member (u can sign up to become a member).

http://shop.thesecret.tv/Shops/DVD_Offer.php

look at the italised paragraph. i feel it shouldnt cover u. also i think if u ordered teh movie from an european country they would send u the version that is meant for u guys. just thinking logicaly. or they might have made the movie a multi regional movie (if they do such things). or maybe u could buy a multiregional dvd player (that is next on my list and the prices are great these days).

#18 of 129 Old 09-19-2006, 06:53 PM

Thanks meemee! I'll send them an email/support ticket!
#19 of 129 Old 09-19-2006, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee View Post
i believe i can
Really awesome words!! I wrote them down in my positive/thoughtful word journal....hope you don't mind...
#20 of 129 Old 09-20-2006, 06:21 PM

I'm not wanting to be flippant, and I've sorta been interested since the original thread in Spirituality, but not at all sure whether it's something I would really want to see.

Can anyone answer a couple of question for me? That would really determine whether or not I'm comfortable paying for it.

1) Is the secret Christian bsed (a la God is love, sets you free, etc)?

2) Is the download produced and supported by a religious organization? If so, which one? Who is the money for the download going to?

and lastly,

3) Those that love it, are you religious?

If anyone feels OK answering those questions I'd be very grateful. I'm not really suceeding on navigating the website. And I don't want to register just to find out more.

Thanks!
#21 of 129 Old 09-20-2006, 08:01 PM

http://thesecret.tv/news_vividas.html

well to the first one my interpretation is - it is not. it is not god based but human based. basicaly saying believe in urself. i dont quite remember if the word god was mentioned in it or not. as far as i can recollect it wasnt. they did use hte term universe. 'trust in the universe'

no. 2 - no idea. its interesting i hadnt seen this before. it seems like the technology company is benefiting from htis. is the australian church involved in this somehow? no clue. i gave u the link from their site. i have no clue about this. if one had to classify this and someone plese step in if they disagree this is more new age style. which to me is more personal growth style than religious.

#3 - hmmm. am i religious. not sure exactly by what u mean by religious. do i belong to a religion? nope. do i follow any rituals. nope. i was raised a christian - the terrible kind and am still too scarred to go back to church. i do go to a church to attend their meditation service. i AM looking at the philosophies of other faiths and i have been reading tennets from buddhism, hinduism, confusciousism, laotse. i have also read authors like willliam dyer, louise hay, sonia choquette (i think), krishnamurti, castaneda....

i would say i am definitely spiritual. i am not atheist. probably kinda more pagan but not pagan either. perhaps more nature. for me i find i take a lot from many religions and cant stay in one. i do try and meditate, pray and keep a spiritual journal which to me is different than just a journal because it is about my life and my spirituality. i guess sometimes i need to write down my pain adn gratitude. i do have my own rituals that i do with my dd. it just happened.

i hope this helps. you know there is a borrowing thread somewhere here. u might wanna borrow if u dont wanna buy/view it. i believe it is kinda sorta on teh lines of what the bleep do we know but i have only heard this since i havent seen that movie. but i would defintely advice u to watch it. it might be a huge disappointment to you (in ways it was to me since it didnt tell me anything new that i already didnt know) or it might mean something to u. if u r posting or visiting personal growth or spirituality forums then yes see if it makes an impact on u. it did have an impact on me otherwise. v. inspiring.

#22 of 129 Old 09-20-2006, 08:06 PM

Hey meemee, thanks so much! Your answers answered a lot of my questions. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a conservative Christian movie.

I think I might try it.
#23 of 129 Old 09-20-2006, 08:31 PM

there's a copy on google videos:
http://video.google.ca/
just look for 'strangest secret'

heartbeat.gif

#24 of 129 Old 09-20-2006, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole lisa View Post
Hey meemee, thanks so much! Your answers answered a lot of my questions. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a conservative Christian movie.

I think I might try it.

Just to reiterate not anything remotely close to a conservative christian movie. But very, very spiritual.

#25 of 129 Old 09-20-2006, 10:24 PM

I would be uncomfortable watching a conservative Christian movie, and I adore the Secret. (I think conservative Christian's would like it too!)

#26 of 129 Old 09-21-2006, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
there's a copy on google videos:
http://video.google.ca/
just look for 'strangest secret'
wow moss u r so right. wow!!! it is all there in 30 minute segments. THANK YOU.

hey nicole lisa - you could watch it right there.

wonder how 'legal' this is and how long it will be available online.

#27 of 129 Old 09-21-2006, 08:47 PM

Hey, thanks for the google link!

I'm finished part 1 and 2 and will probably view part 3 tomorrow morning. It's better than I thought it would be, and not entirely new except for the idea that it's not thoughts but feelings which attract. I think that's helpful for me.

I am athiest and I found it nicely science based and really appreciate the physicists. Interesting how we each see something different there.
#28 of 129 Old 09-21-2006, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee View Post

wonder how 'legal' this is and how long it will be available online.
as far as i know, it's totally legal to download in canada...we pay copyright fees whenever we buy blank media. it's just not legal for us to upload.

ps, the quality of that copy of the video definitely isnt very good, but good enough to preview to see if you want to buy it.

heartbeat.gif

#29 of 129 Old 09-30-2006, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

fwiw...

I have been listening to the Abraham-Hicks tapes of "Ask and it is Given" and they are awesome.. in case people are looking for more interesting sources...

#30 of 129 Old 11-05-2006, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

not sure if you guys hang out in TAO....

but if you don't... please click on my sig for some good SECRET manifestations... either as a helper or receiver in my opinion.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page