LOA: Manifesting Love For My Body? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 287 Old 01-10-2007, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Perfect. Just perfect:

"If you wait until you become perfect before you love yourself, you'll waste your whole life. You're already perfect right here and right now." ~ Louise Hay

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#62 of 287 Old 01-10-2007, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Aw, thanks MsChatsAlot! You made my morning. I was teasing because I could tell the "Hey" was a funny one....I'm like a little kid at spelling test time - I love my smilies as much as gold stars!!!

So Value Village is only on the west coast, isn't it? I know I went there when we lived in Washington. But I it wouldn't hurt to manifest some videos at the Goodwill or someplace like that. In fact, I am going to post on freecycle. Surely someone has some and didn't like them.

So should I manifest some Shiva Rea? (That's a person, the instructor, right?) And maybe some Gaiam vids?
#63 of 287 Old 01-10-2007, 10:55 AM

I use this book, and I absolutely love it. In fact, the poor little thing is falling apart, dog-eared, has had every household substance known to man (and maybe a few others) spilled on it...

Richard Hittleman's Yoga 28 Day Exercise Plan
#64 of 287 Old 01-10-2007, 11:04 AM

My favorite quotes when I get the craving for sugar and whatnot:

Success is a matter of a few simple disciplines, practiced every day. Failure is a few errors in judgement, repeated every day.
- Jim Rohn
First comes the thought; then comes the word.
The word becomes the deed, and eventually the deed becomes habit.
Slowly, habit hardens into character.
#65 of 287 Old 01-10-2007, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyconmomma View Post

So Value Village is only on the west coast, isn't it?
I don't think so, there was one where we lived in St. Louis.

Here is my affirmation for myself, courtesy of Louise Hay:

Quote:
I love and approve of myself. I am safe. I trust the process of life.
#66 of 287 Old 01-11-2007, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

So. I've been listening to Abraham/Esthr Hicks podcasts from Hayhouse radio, and on one, she said:

Quote:
....rather than saying, "I think I will go on a diet and not eat this food in order to keep the fat OUT," instead what you're wanting to say is, "I am going to allow the slender IN."

And the difference between the two approaches is that when you are allowing the slender in, you are a vibrational match to slender. But if you are trying to keep the fat out, you are a vibrational match to fat....You want to turn your attention toward what makes your heart sing when you turn your attention toward it.
:
#67 of 287 Old 01-11-2007, 08:59 PM

oh wow, chasmyn that was pretty good stuff! where'd you find that? can you tell me which link, hayhouse/etc and the specific ariring date or whatever. i would love to listen to that. i like esther's voice...very calming and assuring.
#68 of 287 Old 01-11-2007, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
oh wow, chasmyn that was pretty good stuff! where'd you find that? can you tell me which link, hayhouse/etc and the specific ariring date or whatever. i would love to listen to that. i like esther's voice...very calming and assuring.
Me too! She is my very favourite to listen to.

It's on Hayhouse Radio, the podcast called "Launching Desires, Part IV" aired on 1/6/07

I am definitely looking forward to more podcasts from her - I listen to them as DS naps on me (in headphones), as I knit.
#69 of 287 Old 01-12-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
Me too! She is my very favourite to listen to.

It's on Hayhouse Radio, the podcast called "Launching Desires, Part IV" aired on 1/6/07

I am definitely looking forward to more podcasts from her - I listen to them as DS naps on me (in headphones), as I knit.
Thanks for the info! I just downloaded it so I can listen while I run my errands!
You know, I always wonder what people are thinking when they see me in the grocery store and the bank line and stuff with my ipod in my ears. I am so NOT the look of a "typical" ipod-around-town listener, you know the young late teens/early twenties in hip clothes and looking too cool for the rest of the world with the "so bored with the rest of us," look on his/her face.
I'm a total 30-something suburban-housewife looking, definitely mom-ish, and decidedly unstylish ipod addict! The type you would figure wouldn't even own an ipod and if she did, it's because her teenage kids turned her onto it for the treadmill at the gym only!
Makes me giggle when people look at me all confused!
#70 of 287 Old 01-12-2007, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Bucking convention is a beautiful thing
#71 of 287 Old 01-14-2007, 04:13 AM

Another Abe-Hicks quote worth sharing:

"Befriending your body is the only way we know of coming to understand that your body is resilient and that it knows what to do, and that it will be whatever you ask it to be. But you have to ask it to be that in a place of nonresistance. It's the most significant information that we have ever expressed relative to your physical body and food. You must love your body, and then lovingly give it the food. And when you love your body and lovingly give it the food, it matters not what food you give it."
#72 of 287 Old 01-14-2007, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinphish View Post
Another Abe-Hicks quote worth sharing:

"Befriending your body is the only way we know of coming to understand that your body is resilient and that it knows what to do, and that it will be whatever you ask it to be. But you have to ask it to be that in a place of nonresistance. It's the most significant information that we have ever expressed relative to your physical body and food. You must love your body, and then lovingly give it the food. And when you love your body and lovingly give it the food, it matters not what food you give it."
Perfect
#73 of 287 Old 01-15-2007, 10:45 AM

i feel incredibly pessimistic, so can you lovely, wise ladies help pull me out? (i know you can, but ASKING is polite!: )

keep in mind we are on day #4 of rainy/gloomy weather here and i find this to be quite challenging, so if the stinking sun would just come out, i could bring this back to some semblance of perspective, MAYBE!

i feel frsutrated, as if this state of allowing is an unachievable thing. i mean, are we only allowed to have things if we are positive ALL the time? okay, sarcastic, yes. i ultimately know that that isn't so, but i don't understand how this works. and i have read 'ask and it is given,' 'excuse me...' and 'the LoA' by the Hicks and i am currently in the process of practicing some of the exercises. and i have watched the movie. and i BELIEVE in the LoA, but i don't GET it. and i am getting pissed because i feel like they have us chasing some elusive carrot on a stick. (and that's funny because this is the "body" thread ). as if we could have it all, including this body we came into the physical intending to live in, but OH! you never will because you are all just negative. BAH!

i guess i ultimately am wanting to hear of HOW someone did it to use as inspiration today. i can even get with the meditation (i loved to meditate before i thought it could help with manifesting) but i think, skeptically, "yea, and then when the timer chimes and i come into reality again, it's right back to the resistant thoughts and the negativity and the state of dis-allowing when it comes to thin."

my dominant thoughts are always attracting a state of not-thinness and MORE thoughts like this. and i have no damn clue how to go about changing.

and i had to post because i felt like i was resisting addressing my thoughts and feelings about this so they were growing into monsters. almost like i have to challenge them head on, instead of just ignoring them because they don't go away if i just get to a warm, sandy beach and feel all fuzzy. i feel all warm and fuzzy and.....oh yeah, resistant to thin, KWIM?

okay, hit me girls. i can handle the tough love!
#74 of 287 Old 01-15-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
and i had to post because i felt like i was resisting addressing my thoughts and feelings about this so they were growing into monsters.

okay, hit me girls. i can handle the tough love!
First of all I'd examine your language about expecting to be treated badly! Monsters, hit me, tough love...

I can relate to how you are feeling, I've been through similar stuff with this transition

I think it is
1) resistance to change
2)focusing on the negative
3) part of the normal process of changing into a positive thinker (where we're aiming for a majority...or sometimes even a slight improvement each day!...of positive thinking, not perfection)

I would heal this by thinking about what you really need NOW. Do you need nature, fun, art, fresh air, a nap?

And what are you grateful for NOW?

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#75 of 287 Old 01-15-2007, 12:12 PM

I like how Esther Hicks/Abraham puts it.

Our negative emotions alert us to the fact that we are 'locked-off' and disallowing all that we have asked to come in. Those emotions let us know that we have stopped allowing all those wonderful things we've asked for to come into our lives....so we can either stay there and keep disallowing, or we can start to change our frequency a little at a time and get back to a place of allowing, so everything we ask for can come in.

If you can reach for just a slightly higher vibration and hang onto it. Then later, you can reach for a slightly higher one again.

Music, gratitude journal, a favorite memory, a movie that inspires you, a walk in the rain. Anything can help you take your focus off what you don't want and help you get back to focusing on what you do want.

Be gentle with yourself. We all go through this.
#76 of 287 Old 01-15-2007, 05:45 PM

Kate, I totally know what you're talking about. There are times where this all seems very "pollyanna-ish" and totally unrealistic, especially where my body is concerned! There are times, although they have become less and less over the last couple weeks (month?), where I feel exactly how you describe in your post.

What to do? THINK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY! If you can't give your body positive attention, try giving it no attention at all. Make it neutral territory.

Here's what I did that really helped:

Every time I had a negative thought about my body or health, I stopped, and said this "mantra" to myself, "I am letting go of old patterns. I release this thought with gratitude, knowing that it will come less and less as I love myself more and more." Then I do an Abe-Hicks "Virtual Reality" where you imagine yourself - for 30 seconds ONLY - in a place or situation that is good-feeling to you. Its unrelated to any intention. Just a good-feeling place or situation. Don't let it go long enough to inject your desires - just let it be a resting place that feels really good.

I was SHOCKED how many times a day I had to stop and do this - literally hundreds! You probably don't even notice half of your self-hate until you make the choice to become conscious of it. It's hard at first, but as the thoughts come less and less it starts to feel REALLY good!
#77 of 287 Old 01-15-2007, 05:47 PM

Ask & It Is Given has been very helpful to me - Crunchyconmomma, I know you said you've read it. What finally clicked for me was reading somewhere in there that you can tell yourself all the positive thoughts you want, but if the thoughts do not connect you to a feeling that is postive, then the thoughts will not work for you. The exercise that gives the analogy of trying to jump onto a spinning merry-go-round before it slows down helped me with this (Focus Wheel Process). Work yourself towards the positive feeling one small thought at a time. Find a positive thought you can believe that makes you feel some slight relief from the negative feelings and work forward from there.

OT, but this process seems to be working for me for my negativity about our financial situation. DH is in charge of all our accounting so I do not have daily contact with it but worry about it nonetheless esp. since it feels out of my control. I focus my thoughts on what I know I am doing to bring abundance to our family (financial and otherwise) and what I am grateful for (the abundance we have) and try to let the rest go. It seems to be working - I won a $10 grocery store gift card as a door prize at my church's mom's group the other day!!
#78 of 287 Old 01-15-2007, 05:51 PM

Thought I'd put my update in a seperate post. My latest progress...

I put away my scale. I don't care what it says! I had a bit of an epiphany:

I want to feel good more than I want to look good!

Now, it is still my intention to be fit and thin and healthy. But gosh loving myself? WAY more important than a number on a scale.

Not that I manage this attitude every minute of every day, but it's coming. I think of this professor I had - my mentor really. She is one of the most beautiful, radiant people I've ever met. And definitely overweight. But I think anyone who met her would say she was beautiful, and might even be hard-pressed to describe her as overweight - just because she does not project it in any way. She projects health, vitality, confidence. THAT is what I want, more than any number on a scale!
#79 of 287 Old 01-15-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinphish View Post
I was SHOCKED how many times a day I had to stop and do this - literally hundreds! You probably don't even notice half of your self-hate until you make the choice to become conscious of it. It's hard at first, but as the thoughts come less and less it starts to feel REALLY good!
I think that's what has gotten me so dejected about all of it. The ONLY damn thing I have ever actually WANTED so much that it's painful to feel the longing, is to love my body, in any way I can. The only time I did feel love for my body was when it was growing life, or when I was young and felt beautiful and sexy (and even then it was very much riddled with doubts and ill-thoughts). And now that I am opened up to LoA, I realize that my whole life is consumed with this. Literally consumed. And I feel like it's possible that just becoming conscious about it haas made me attract WAY more of the bad thoughts.

So thank you for the ideas to change my thoughts, I like that. Every little bit helps! And I like your suggestions for how to do Virtual Reality - unconnected to desires - I was doing it, but it always had to do with desire, which was making me feel bad as soon as I left it.

And on an upside, I have begun yoga and feel great promise because it just may be giving me a new way to feel good in my body so I can start attracting some POSITIVE thoughts about my physical self! :
#80 of 287 Old 01-15-2007, 07:22 PM

It just absolutely amazes me that recently I've been really thinking about how much I want to be on the outside the healthy vibrant person I'm on the inside, and then BAM this thread seems to practically throw itself at me. I was literally just sitting there getting down on myself about my weight even though I'm trying to focus on just being an active person and nourishing myself...and then I click new posts and this thread just popped out at me. Its so crazy how it all works...makes me realize again that I have to just trust the plan and reframe my thinking if I want to be healthy. I can't tell you how much I needed this thread!

Can I just say that the LOA just constantly amazes me? I love how things just happen as I need them to happen! Thanks for the wonderful affirmations in this thread, I just finished printing some out to place around my home.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#81 of 287 Old 01-15-2007, 11:57 PM

Its amazing how things attract you to the right place. I have just gotten into the Laws of Attraction and i am trying to apply it to my weight loss and parenting.
Thank you for this post, just knowing there are other out there who feel teh same and others who can comfort you.
#82 of 287 Old 01-16-2007, 11:13 AM

LOA
I am intending to practice this as far as my body is concerned as well.....I just wanted to quick share this as an inspiration to the whole LOA theme.....even though its a bit off topic.
My son is 8 and is seriously overweight despite our efforts to help him get it down.....I worry about this night and day....it consumes me.....but we haven't figured it out yet. His doctor( we have seen 3 different ones in his lifetime, insurance permitting) and they all say....watch his intake...make him be more active....
so......I begged the universe to help him, help me help him, and it did.
My father went to a concert saturday and met a pediatrician who is starting a study for overweight children to participate in. OMG! My father talks to him...tells him about my son.....he gets the doctors phone number....YAY!!!!
I called this morning and am waiting to hear back.......
finally, somethi ng instead of nothing......LOA works!!!
have to go for now....but I WILL be back! I have read ALL the posts and am loving it! thank you ladies!!!! thank you!!!
#83 of 287 Old 01-16-2007, 01:30 PM

That's amazing Christine, good Luck!!
#84 of 287 Old 01-17-2007, 10:16 AM

where is everyone??
yesterday I made a very conscious effort to be positive, to only speak in ways that would attract positive and guess what????? My kids were for the most part so sweet and cooperative! it was a great evening! My most spirited child was the easiest! anyways....I am hoping someone comes back on this thread soon.....it is a great thread and i am wishing for ya'll to come back and talk to me!
#85 of 287 Old 01-17-2007, 03:01 PM

This thread is EXACTLY what i needed today...thank you all for the complete change in thinking as I seek to shed the remaining 15 lbs off this glorious body so it can shine!!!!!!!
#86 of 287 Old 01-18-2007, 11:43 AM

I'm here, but spring semester just started so i am BUSY BUSY BUSY again. i won't be as active on here as a i was over holiday.
I have been using EFT to help with this and highly recommend it!
#87 of 287 Old 01-23-2007, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

I just found the greatest audio book! It's called "Love Your Body" by Louise Hay (who else?). I downloaded it from audible.com for only like $5! If you want to join, PM me because I think they reward referrals. Plus it's like $9.95 to join and you get one free download (I used it for Ask and it is Given Pt1), then any audiobooks you download after that are cheap, plus no wasteful packaging

in the book she goes over affirmations for EVERY part of the body, and it's set to some soft music - it is the perfect thing to listen to!
#88 of 287 Old 01-24-2007, 12:06 AM

yea, i would be interested in checking it out!
Quote:
I just found the greatest audio book! It's called "Love Your Body" by Louise Hay (who else?). I downloaded it from audible.com for only like $5! If you want to join, PM me because I think they reward referrals. Plus it's like $9.95 to join and you get one free download (I used it for Ask and it is Given Pt1), then any audiobooks you download after that are cheap, plus no wasteful packaging

in the book she goes over affirmations for EVERY part of the body, and it's set to some soft music - it is the perfect thing to listen to!
#89 of 287 Old 01-24-2007, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
yea, i would be interested in checking it out!
PM me your email address
#90 of 287 Old 01-24-2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
PM me your email address
can you pm the link without the address? if so, go ahead, and if not, i will have to do that at home. i'm on a shared computer in a lab at school and i can't get the drop-down with the "pm" option to come down for you. if you need the email for the referral stuff or something that's fine, i'll do it from home this afternoon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page