The Prosperity Game (LoA) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 90 Old 02-15-2007, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't want to derail this thread, but I thought I'd mention that I started one on the Frugality & Finances pages for discussion of the LOA and creating prosperity:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=616993

Hannah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 90 Old 02-15-2007, 06:28 PM

Hey, this is getting easier. Today with $1500, I bought a year gym membership at a gym with a saltwater pool and a new refrigerator

I'm pretty damn happy with my purchases - they are exactly what I want!:
#63 of 90 Old 02-15-2007, 11:32 PM

today was $500. I picked out patio furniture. I've been wanting a set for a few years and finally found the one I wanted.
#64 of 90 Old 02-16-2007, 03:06 AM

I just started playing. I spent my first $100 on a date night with DH complete with dinner, movie and a babysitter! This is fun!!
#65 of 90 Old 02-17-2007, 01:43 PM

I love this post!! What a fun game. Yesterday was my first day and I spent the $100 on a ½ oz bottle of neroli oil which I love and have been dying for. It felt great to buy such a luxurious item for myself. Then last night my mom came over to buy post-natal herbal baths from me (she’s a midwife and I supply her baths for her.) Guess how much she bought? That’s right $100 worth! I can’t wait to spend the $250 (just as soon as I think of something I simply must have.)

Oh, and I keep getting little whiffs of orange blossoms too, isn’t that fabulous?!

Rachel
#66 of 90 Old 02-19-2007, 02:37 PM

I didn't play this weekend. I will today though!
#67 of 90 Old 02-20-2007, 03:03 PM

So has anyone noticed any changes since starting to play this game? I'm up to day 8, and I'm spending money on things that make me feel good, but still, I sense that I'm not allowing the prosperity to manifest...but I guess that it takes a while to break old thought patterns.
#68 of 90 Old 02-21-2007, 12:07 AM

Oh my goodness, I haven't played in days! * Goes to play game *
#69 of 90 Old 02-21-2007, 03:37 PM

Okay, what is going on with me? I actually logged in to the game yesterday and then didn't play. I couldn't think of anything immediately, so I just went and did other things. I could use the excuse that we're packing and moving but trul, the game only takes a few minutes generally, so what is it? It's been days now! Does anyone else have any insights? Is anyone else having this kind of experience?

I wonder why this thread is so quiet...
#70 of 90 Old 02-21-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
Okay, what is going on with me? I actually logged in to the game yesterday and then didn't play. I couldn't think of anything immediately, so I just went and did other things. I could use the excuse that we're packing and moving but trul, the game only takes a few minutes generally, so what is it? It's been days now! Does anyone else have any insights? Is anyone else having this kind of experience?

I wonder why this thread is so quiet...
I signed up but never started - probably because I'm afraid of not sticking with it. I did the game for a while on my own last summer, after reading about it in 'Ask and It Is Given'. But I didn't last long. I don't know what it is. It should be fun - but it's stressful!

Actually, I probably could do it, but then I'd spend all day searching the Internet for stuff to 'buy' - and then when would I follow all the LoA threads?
#71 of 90 Old 02-21-2007, 04:40 PM

I haven't played in days either.

I think about it and then I'm kind of stuck on what I'm going to spend the money on.

I don't know if it's changed my thinking at all, but it sure is fun (when I'm in the mood to do it.)

Maybe I'll go log in and just spend the money on *whatever*. Maybe I'll let dds go crazy in the Dollar Store! lol!
#72 of 90 Old 02-21-2007, 06:59 PM

Okay, I finally played - I had to reach! $2500...I bought a brand new Mac Laptop:
#73 of 90 Old 02-22-2007, 08:29 PM

I'm just starting out and it was so ... delicious!

I spent my $100 on a trip to the hotsprings with massages for two. The visualization was so much fun--and really a sensory delight.

I blog traditional foods and Weston A Price at Nourished Kitchen. See my healthy recipes.
#74 of 90 Old 03-01-2007, 03:34 AM

I just joined! I spent my $100 on an outfit that would make me look and feel sexy, that would turn heads. Let's see where this takes me!
#75 of 90 Old 03-01-2007, 05:00 AM

I just started playing! I spent my first $100 on a hot-stone massage, fresh mineral water and a relaxing CD!!! I'm so excited - my list is at 39 things already. At first, I was feeling frugal when I first started playing, but I got over that and now I even have a private jet on my top 100 list - I got tired of writing "first-class plane tickets" on all the vacations I want to take!

I have serious money issues, coming from a poor upbringing with a huge scarcity mentality. So I'm really hoping this helps. Either way, it's fun so far!
#76 of 90 Old 03-26-2007, 12:19 PM

I just signed up for the game a few days ago after reading through this thread. How's everyone doing? It's fun, although I must admit there is an element of stress.. which is why I'm trying it - to overcome those nagging feelings. Like PP, I have money issues from growing up without much money. I'm WAAAY too focused on it. It's like put myself on a starvation diet and do fine for weeks, then binge.
Anyway, hope to hear updates from everyone!

Mama to two sweet girls!

#77 of 90 Old 03-27-2007, 01:59 AM

You don't want to know from me, I'm a mess emotionally about finances lately. I'm way too fried mentally to play the game...:
#78 of 90 Old 03-27-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
You don't want to know from me, I'm a mess emotionally about finances lately. I'm way too fried mentally to play the game...:
uh-oh! i was wondering what happened in later stages of the game! sorry to hear that... ((( sending good vibrations )))

Mama to two sweet girls!

#79 of 90 Old 03-28-2007, 03:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
#80 of 90 Old 03-29-2007, 01:53 AM

Okay, so now that I have some clarity, I think that he best thing for me to do is to keep playing the game to get myself back in that easy abundance mindset.

We have more than enough money.

Money comes to me easily and frequently, and from multiple sources.

New money is being printed for me right now!

My mailbox is full of cheques!

There is always more than enough. I am safe.
#81 of 90 Old 03-29-2007, 01:57 AM

Also, did you all see this?

http://www.choosingprosperity.com/bill.htm

I love it!
#82 of 90 Old 03-31-2007, 03:47 AM

Funny how it's making me more aware of my attitude toward money.

For days, I kept putting off playing, even though I desperately wanted to spend my check... always waiting for the "perfect time".

And in the meantime I got hit with a ton of bills.

Now I am playing again with more passion, and even though you're not supposed to, it felt so GOOD to pay off those bills!

How's everyone else doing?
#83 of 90 Old 03-31-2007, 10:31 PM

My check today was $7500! Wow, what a fantastic amount of money to just be able to spend on WHATEVER I WANT! Putting myself in the full prosperity mindset, I thought for awhile. I knew I'd love to have new cabinets and hardware in the kitchen and bathroom. Okay, easy peasy - I bought all new cabinets. Eco friendly cabinets even! Delicious!

And THEN! I remembered we want a new frame for our mattress - it is currently on slats on the floor. So I started pricing frames so I knew how much to allot for one, and then I realized that I don't want any old bed frame, I want a sustainably made bed frame. So I looked at those...and then I thought, $7500...I want ALL of my furniture to be eco friendly!

So that's what I bought!

And man alive, that felt FANTASTIC!!!
#84 of 90 Old 04-05-2007, 01:50 AM

Ok, I signed up. First day was spent on a massage and a haircut. Becaus my back is thrown out from picking up kidlets and my hair looks like the crazy cat lady.
#85 of 90 Old 04-08-2007, 12:03 PM

I just started this! I have 39 items on my list, most for BIG ticket items....2 hybrid cars (one Prius, one SUV for the fam, the dog, and STUFF!), trips, a hobbit hole house, a gorgeous .5 mil house!, renovations to MY house, etc!

I just spent my $100 on beautiful organic yoga clothes. I got a pair of burgundy gaucho yoga pants and a matching floral print tank top. I can just see how gorgeous I look in the clothes and Hey! I can get deeper into the poses, too!

How fun!
#86 of 90 Old 04-08-2007, 06:25 PM

I signed up today! How much fun! I started listing things to be, do, have and that has been fun. I am not sure how to place monetary values onto things like getting pregnant and i don't like to see it having a $0 value, it seems counter-productive to see that.
I spent my $100 on some new clothes for myself. I actually had a hard time visualizing myself wearing them without feeling guilty about spending money on myself. I guess that is something i should work on.
#87 of 90 Old 04-10-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameransmommy View Post
I am not sure how to place monetary values onto things like getting pregnant and i don't like to see it having a $0 value, it seems counter-productive to see that.
Yes, how is everyone else assigning values to this? I'd also like to know what kind of things to be and do you're listing in your 100.

I have "stay home w/ baby for 1st year" and put the value as a year's salary. I also have "bonding weekend with grandmom" where I figured for gas, we'd go to dinner and $$ for my husband to get takeout, etc.

I guess for something like "be more fit" or "run a 5k" I'd put the cost of a gym membership or personal trainer.

What are your non-material items?

Mama to two sweet girls!

#88 of 90 Old 04-17-2007, 05:39 PM

I need to do a lot of reading and soul-searching, but I am going through major hangups here! I signed up for the game and filled out a bunch of stuff on my list, but I still haven't spent the first day's money! I feel like I don't deserve financial prosperity, or why should it be me who has it, etc., etc., etc. I need to go to Flylady for a kick in the pants to get over this Stinking Thinking!
#89 of 90 Old 04-17-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klg47 View Post
I need to do a lot of reading and soul-searching, but I am going through major hangups here! I signed up for the game and filled out a bunch of stuff on my list, but I still haven't spent the first day's money! I feel like I don't deserve financial prosperity, or why should it be me who has it, etc., etc., etc. I need to go to Flylady for a kick in the pants to get over this Stinking Thinking!
Can you add things to the "stuff I want" list first? (Forget what it is actually called.)

--

I'm up to the ~ $1500 level now. And I can't think of anything to spend it on. I can easily spend $500, and I want to buy a house, and I can think of a few things in the $20,000 range, but nothing in the $1500 range! Any ideas?
#90 of 90 Old 04-17-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
nothing in the $1500 range! Any ideas?
I mentioned that some of my hang-ups are related to thinking I don't deserve prosperity. I don't want to get sucked into the love of money and the need for more, more, more. So most of the stuff on my list is really practical - things that I can't feel guilty for wanting Some stuff that could be in the $1500 range:

- contributions to retirement or kids' savings accounts
- donation to any cause/school/organization
- airline tickets to see family
- prenatal/birth with a midwife
- food storage
- new computer
- educational seminars (I was specifically thinking of George Wythe College here)
- courses toward a Masters or Doctorate (for me it would again be through GWC)
- fun family vacation (Disney World!)
- honeymoon-type trip with spouse
- books
- home decor/art
- furniture (we don't have beds for our kids, dressers, a decent kitchen table, etc., so for me this is definitely not a "fluff" item)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page