The Prosperity Game (LoA) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here is the link to the beginning of the Prosperity Game for those who would love to join us! I started yesterday so I'm technically on day 2 today. Yesterday I had $100 to spend and treated myself to a massage and pedicure. I rounded the prices to about what it costs here ... I didn't want to get tied up in the techincalities. It was actually harder than I thought to simply spend $100 on myself. My first thought was, "Oh, I don't need anything ... I wonder what I could get my boys." And, it's not that buying something cool for my kids isn't a good idea, but I also know I need to start believing that I am fully worthy of all things good as well. It is so much easier for me to give than to receive. So, I thought most of the day on what I'd give myself. Then I remembered how much I want to schedule an hour with the massage therapist at my chiropractor's office, but instead of a full body massage or localized work on my back, I just want a nice "fluff" massage of my hands, feet, and neck/head. I want to relax! I also would love a nice pedicure where I get to soak my feet in hot bubbly water. So, that is what I did. And it was so nice to be the one being taken care of instead of the one taking care of others.

Now I want to start working on my list of 100 things to do, be, and/or have. That is tough! But I know, again, I am worthy of all things good and I am allowed to have dreams. So ... that is my goal for today.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 01:05 PM

Hello!
I'm on Day 5 and so far I've treated myself to a new bottle of perfume (which is a passion of mine), a trip to NYC, a trip to visit my DH's family overseas, and some new furniture for my ds's room as well as a Valentine's Day gift for my MIL (perfume, naturally!). I could use a massage and pedicure--I'll have to remember that for the next day's check.

I did the exercise of writing down 100 things that I'd like to do, be, or have a few weeks ago--however I think I'm only up to #75. I'll have to copy my list onto the website.

This is fun!

Hannah
#3 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

I would love to peek at your list. How did you assign "value" to your items on the 100 things?

#4 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 01:07 PM

Haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but I want to subscribe to this thread.
#5 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 01:23 PM

I'm on Day One and I just treated myself to some new clothes. I really need some nice, business-y type clothes, and I had the perfect outfit in mind before I even got my check!

I'm going to work on my list of 100 things later on today, when I hit that mid afternoon slump in productivity

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#6 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 01:26 PM

I've just started entering my 100 things on the prosperity game site--here are my top 10 just to give you an sample:

1. Live in Paris
2. Have a perfume studio
3. Adopt 5 kids
4. Work as a professional librarian
5. Be a stay-at-home mom
6. A new Honda Civic automatic hybrid
7. A conflict-free diamond ring
8. Go on a cruise through Alaska
9. Travel through Europe by train
10. Visit continents that I have not been to

Obviously not all of the items above have a corresponding value. I tried typing in "The Universe will provide!" in the value field but apparently only a dollar amount will show up. Also, obviously some of the items on my list are in conflict with one another--like saying that I want to WOH as a librarian and be a SAHM. However, I'm confident that I'll find a way to be a great mom to 5 adopted kids, a librarian, a perfumer, and a Parisienne
#7 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 01:30 PM

Question ~ Do you do this all online, or do you need a notebook or some other way to keep track of it physically? I browsed the site, but couldn't figure that out.
#8 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 02:01 PM

Yesterday was Day 1, and I got a massage and a sushi lunch of all of my favourites. I could just see myself having these things, and it felt SO good! Then I added a Spa day to my 100 things list because Wow = what would several hours of self-care feel like? Amazing, that's what!
#9 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 03:27 PM

Subscribing. I might start up, today. I generally have NO problem spending money, so I wonder how I will do!
#10 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 03:46 PM

I went ahead and spent my money on a day at the spa! IRL I have a sinus infection : and so I went and used the sauna, had a facial and a massage.

Now I feel awesome!
#11 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 03:50 PM

I now have 5 things on my list!

(I thought we couldn't play until we had 100 things listed. )
#12 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Hannahi - Thank you for sharing your list. You have helped me "see" so to speak what it looks like. I think I am going to focus today on what I want and when/if I have quiet time (something I am putting on my list ), I am going to work on it.

#13 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I now have 5 things on my list!

(I thought we couldn't play until we had 100 things listed. )
Oh Goddess, if that was the case, I don't know if I'd ever get to play!

I have like a dozen now.
#14 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
Question ~ Do you do this all online, or do you need a notebook or some other way to keep track of it physically? I browsed the site, but couldn't figure that out.
Anybody?
#15 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Anybody?
Sorry hula - you can do it all online, though I might also keep little notes in my big LoA journal too.

#16 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Anybody?
When you sign up to play the game there's a button that you click on to add things to your list.
#17 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
Sorry hula - you can do it all online, though I might also keep little notes in my big LoA journal too.
You know I was just wondering how this would affect our Treasure Mapping?

Tracy says not to make your map until Aries New Moon, so I hope that this won't interfere.

Probably not, since this is not the actual *map* itself right? :
#18 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 04:52 PM

Thanks. I have too many papers and notebooks to keep track of right now, that I didn't want to start it if I had to add to my clutter. But if I can do it online, I'm in!
#19 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
You know I was just wondering how this would affect our Treasure Mapping?

Tracy says not to make your map until Aries New Moon, so I hope that this won't interfere.

Probably not, since this is not the actual *map* itself right? :
I wouldn't think it would interfere. I don't know all the specifics of the Prosperity Game, since I haven't signed up yet, but we're all still doing all types of LoA things anyway.

I don't think it would be a good idea to say, "No positive thinking until the Aries New Moon."
#20 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't think it would interfere. I don't know all the specifics of the Prosperity Game, since I haven't signed up yet, but we're all still doing all types of LoA things anyway.

I don't think it would be a good idea to say, "No positive thinking until the Aries New Moon."
That's funny! So true. Why do I get caught up in the teeeeeny tiiiiny details?
#21 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 05:18 PM

So I'm confused about the "value" of our 100 things. Is the value what it would actually (or roughly) cost to get xxx thing or is it how much we want it?

Like if I put that I want to build myself a color darkroom (which will cost me about $35,000) is that $35,000 my value or is the value some other number based on how much I want it? And if it's based on how much I want it what's my upper limit (like if it was volume control and the upper limit was 10, then my darkroom would have to be 11.)

Or am I overthinking?

:

Unschooling mama to one 5 year old DD.
#22 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 05:18 PM

:

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#23 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 08:46 PM

fabulous! thanks for the link-- can't wait to play!
#24 of 90 Old 02-06-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmom View Post
So I'm confused about the "value" of our 100 things. Is the value what it would actually (or roughly) cost to get xxx thing or is it how much we want it?

Like if I put that I want to build myself a color darkroom (which will cost me about $35,000) is that $35,000 my value or is the value some other number based on how much I want it? And if it's based on how much I want it what's my upper limit (like if it was volume control and the upper limit was 10, then my darkroom would have to be 11.)

Or am I overthinking?

:
Me too! But then again, I do tend to overthink things . . .

I've just started putting down the real monetary value. I think I'm also going to stick to *things* I want and not intangibles (at least for the sake of this game yk?)
#25 of 90 Old 02-07-2007, 08:10 PM

Interesting...After spending my first check on my massage, I got a coupon in my email today for $15 off two massages (for Valentine's day). :

Now where's my coupon for free sushi?
#26 of 90 Old 02-07-2007, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
Interesting...After spending my first check on my massage, I got a coupon in my email today for $15 off two massages (for Valentine's day). :

Now where's my coupon for free sushi?
How cool is that! I haven't done day two yet as I'm still working on what I want to spend $250 on ... I think I'm going to use it for a consult with a classical homeopath.

#27 of 90 Old 02-07-2007, 08:33 PM

Today I had $500 to spend. And I sat there thinking, what the heck am I going to spend $500 on? I mean, it's a relatively small amount of money, right? But I just couldn't figure out what I'd buy if I just had this $500 of FREE money laying around, with no bills or whatever that needed paying.

Then I thought, well, I REALLY want to get my hair highlighted and dyed purple (it's currently brown and gray, I think it would be awesome to have it essentially be eggplant purple with some Manic Panic purple streaks). So I started there. And I could see my hair, and feel myself relaxing in the chair and knitting while I got it done. And of course the end result: so adorable!

And then I was lost, because a colour is what, $50? I don't even know, but I guessed $50 (to have someone else do it).

And then I GOT it!

We're moving at the end of this month. Cooking has been somewhat sporadic with being busy and such...so we've been interspersing a lot of our homecooked (organic, healthy) meals with takeout (not organic, but as healthy as we can - Indian, Thai, Mexican). But what if we had every meal catered? By one of those meals on the go places? And I remembered that there is an organic one around here somewhere. That would be 21 days of dinners at I guessed $20 a pop (for two people, cos DS eats off of our plates) or so...which equaled the other $450!

Then I started thinking about how amazing that would be and how much less stressful - how liberating that would be, to have dinner taken care of every single night! No more anxiety when DH asks me what's for dinner and I don't have anything planned! Dinner on the table every night - organic, wholesome dinner! I mean you know, right? How amazing that would be!
#28 of 90 Old 02-07-2007, 08:48 PM

chasmyn - you are so smart!!!!!

I recently found a place online that will deliver home-cooked gluten-free meals to your door!

How awesome would THAT be????? I wouldn't have to worry . . .does it have gluten? Trace amounts? Will it affect dd and her sleep?

I could just relax . . . and EAT!

Aha! I'm spending my $$ on that!

(I didn't play today but I'll be spending it tomorrow!)
#29 of 90 Old 02-07-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
chasmyn - you are so smart!!!!!

I recently found a place online that will deliver home-cooked gluten-free meals to your door!

How awesome would THAT be????? I wouldn't have to worry . . .does it have gluten? Trace amounts? Will it affect dd and her sleep?

I could just relax . . . and EAT!

Aha! I'm spending my $$ on that!

(I didn't play today but I'll be spending it tomorrow!)

Seems very worth it, doesn't it? I'm actually looking up these places that deliver organic meals now - they also have food allergy options - hmmm...
#30 of 90 Old 02-08-2007, 12:09 AM

I'm really struggling with the Prosperity game. I keep wanting things that either cost more than the check I have, or not being able to think of anything and getting distracted and doing something else. Only to realize hours later that I still haven't spent it.

I don't know what my problem is.

I also still only have 55 things, and although I'm adding to it every day, I feel like, sheesh, my list is so small!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page