Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you!
Audrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyconmomma View Post
Audrey:
"subbing" means subscribing. people use that to make a post to a thread that they are interested in so that it shows up in their list of "subscribed" thread under their UCP - User Control Panel (that's at the top of your screen, left had side of the user navigational links). there is also a link to subscribe at the top of the thread in those nav links also, but i think a lot of people do it this way because it's like a friendly "Hello! I am intrigued by what you are talking about so I want to listen, and maybe I will chime in later. Please, continue!"
#62 of 207 Old 03-26-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMiller View Post
subbing...anyone know what the PST would be for the treasure mapping, my brain isn't working so well to figure it out TIA!
I remember it being something like 4am...PST is GMT - 8 hours
#63 of 207 Old 03-26-2007, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
April 17, 2007 Note at 7:35 EDT AM -- 27 degrees 05 .

until April 20, 12:49 EDT--PM

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#64 of 207 Old 03-31-2007, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

bumping,

#65 of 207 Old 04-02-2007, 05:30 AM

I can't wait!!!! I loved my first Treasure Map last year, and I'm really looking forward to making my new one this year.
#66 of 207 Old 04-02-2007, 09:47 AM

I'm also looking forward to doing my first treasure map. Might even get a few friends together to do it. I've also visited the prosperity site and am enjoying bringing all this knowledge, putting positive energy into my future and the future of my family, together.
I think I might have to use photos and drawings etc. I don't know why but I feel resistance toward buying magazines? Maybe the cost, maybe not wanting to support the media/ advertising industry? not sure. will find alternatives.
#67 of 207 Old 04-02-2007, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-smiley View Post
I'm also looking forward to doing my first treasure map. Might even get a few friends together to do it. I've also visited the prosperity site and am enjoying bringing all this knowledge, putting positive energy into my future and the future of my family, together.
I think I might have to use photos and drawings etc. I don't know why but I feel resistance toward buying magazines? Maybe the cost, maybe not wanting to support the media/ advertising industry? not sure. will find alternatives.
yea, what are the alternatives? can you just draw/paint the pictures? could you design things of the computer? can you do a blending of all of them?

and since we aren't supposed to get the magazines until THAT day, is it okay to have relatives and friends save magazines from the weeks prior if you don't get them and look at them until the day?
#68 of 207 Old 04-02-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-smiley View Post
I don't know why but I feel resistance toward buying magazines? Maybe the cost, maybe not wanting to support the media/ advertising industry? not sure. will find alternatives.
How about catalogs? Usually I try to get rid of these before even perusing so I won't be tempted! But now I'm putting them aside and looking forward to using them in the Treasure Map. Even if you don't want the particular product, there might be concepts in there (happy family, business woman giving a presentation, etc)
(and yes, I've unsubscribed to them all, but they sure are slooow about removing me from their distro list)

Mama to two sweet girls!

#69 of 207 Old 04-03-2007, 04:53 PM

Tracy is there something cosmological at work right now? I seem to recall that before the new moon, or during the couple weeks before the Aries new moon things are somewhat off, is this true for right now, because things are really challenging for me right now, it seems the world is putting me through some intense tests at the moment, and for many people around me it is the same. Was there something about about this written before?
#70 of 207 Old 04-04-2007, 01:31 AM

Subbing
Thanks!
#71 of 207 Old 04-04-2007, 03:46 AM

Also subbing!
It's a time for great change for me as well. I turn 30- against my wishes- on the 21st of April, we're TTC (and theoretically, I should be ovulating at that time as well) and my head is all over the place. DH is working hard to fulfil his dreams and I don't even know what mine are at the moment.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#72 of 207 Old 04-04-2007, 06:26 AM

Yeh I agree that there must be something going on at the moment- My partner crashed my car, the washing machine broke down, a mouse chewed through some wires in the fridge and it isn't working and today I recieved a letter saying that we have to vacate our house. Strange, but hearing about having to move actually made all the other worries ok. Guess we need a new start.:0
I think I read somewhere that you can use secondhand mags but ?Tracy said she always used new ones. I can understand that the energy might be different with old ones. New beginnings etc.
Haven't seen anything mentioned about doing it on a computer.
#73 of 207 Old 04-04-2007, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasmum View Post
Tracy is there something cosmological at work right now? I seem to recall that before the new moon, or during the couple weeks before the Aries new moon things are somewhat off, is this true for right now, because things are really challenging for me right now, it seems the world is putting me through some intense tests at the moment, and for many people around me it is the same. Was there something about about this written before?

the last new moon was Pisces new moon and it was on March 18th. On that same day we had a big ass eclipse.. and that eclipse has left a little bit of a ripple effect on these final days before the Aries New Moon (Treasure Map time). It feels like the blanket on the bed just got a big shake..and stuff has come loose. But remember we make a brand new bed on Aries New Moon..fresh new linens.. fresh everything..so it is okay. But lets face it, we have been on these old linens for almost a year now.. so the universe shaking them is a bit un-nerving..but in my opionion there are no accidents.. so I think we are suppose to have our world shaken up a bit so we can clear about our wants and desires on April 17th.

#74 of 207 Old 04-04-2007, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

k-smilely,
yes, I always used new magazines.. but I know some people do use old magazines.. the only caveat I ask is that if they are collecting them from friends just put them to the side and not crack them until April 17th. That way they will be 'fresh' to the person on new moon.. which is what is important imo.

And just to remind everyone.... no cutting, no printing, no anything until april 17th.. The energy truly shifts on the 17th.... and that is the new.. remember the surfer.. the surfer has to ride the wave just perfectly positioned.. you don't want to get on the wave too early or you don't get the full ride.

#75 of 207 Old 04-04-2007, 01:22 PM

I'm so excited to do this again! I've done maps the past two years, and when I looked back over my treasure map from last year I was amazing at how much had manifested! I had put several items about successful tandem nursing and we're still tandeming, I had put several pictures/phrases about loosing baby weight and I'm now 10+ lbs under my pre-kids weight, I'd even put on a picture of new eyeglasses and I got new glasses a couple months ago! I also put a bunch about getting my house organized and cleaned and de-cluttered and since our house goes on the market this week I've been spending the last three months working really hard on getting it ready for that by cleaning and decluttering. My house is the cleanest its ever been!

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#76 of 207 Old 04-05-2007, 01:27 AM

This has been a tough week for me, too. I'm staying positive and I know things will be well - the stuff has NOT been my fault and I keep telling myself that I'm not manifesting in a vacuum.

Looking forward to buying some magazines!
#77 of 207 Old 04-05-2007, 01:46 AM

Heh. Okay, here's one for you:

So. I don't read magazines. Ever, really. So. Can you lovelies suggest to me some magazines I might want to pick up, especially considering we're not supposed to thumb through them first? Yes, I'm serious
#78 of 207 Old 04-05-2007, 09:37 PM

I have a friend with a birthday coming up, i think she would really like doing a treasure map. For her birthday I would like to make her a little "kit". You know with some instructions and background and some supplies. Does that seem like a good idea? What should it contain? I have never done one before but really am looking forward to doing my first one this year.

Mom to DD born 1989 DS born 1993 and grandma to
DGS born 2005
#79 of 207 Old 04-06-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
k-smilely,
yes, I always used new magazines.. but I know some people do use old magazines.. the only caveat I ask is that if they are collecting them from friends just put them to the side and not crack them until April 17th. That way they will be 'fresh' to the person on new moon.. which is what is important imo.

And just to remind everyone.... no cutting, no printing, no anything until april 17th.. The energy truly shifts on the 17th.... and that is the new.. remember the surfer.. the surfer has to ride the wave just perfectly positioned.. you don't want to get on the wave too early or you don't get the full ride.

so it's okay to save even my own catalogs as long as i don't open them until the 17th?
#80 of 207 Old 04-06-2007, 11:07 AM

Beautiful Day in Paradise  @BeautifulDayMom  facebook.com/beautifuldaymama

#81 of 207 Old 04-06-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
k-smilely,

afro.jpg
#82 of 207 Old 04-06-2007, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
Heh. Okay, here's one for you:

So. I don't read magazines. Ever, really. So. Can you lovelies suggest to me some magazines I might want to pick up, especially considering we're not supposed to thumb through them first? Yes, I'm serious

you are in an ideal spot....because it sounds to me you are in a position of openess. This is wonderful. Here's what I would suggest...start thinking about some of the areas that you want to improve upon in the next year. Start lightly mulling it over. in the meantime continue to get rid of any debris you have in your house. Clean, ditch, take stuff to charity, have a yard sale.. do what you can to get your house in as best shape as possible. again this helps create a space of openess.

now on the 17th--go to a magazine stand. Stand in front of it and look at all the options. There are pretty much magazines for every thing. And you will be surprised what you will be drawn or what will catch your eye. And go for it.
And here is the deal. If you went to a magazine stand today I guarantee the thing that you will be attracted today may very well not be the thing you are attracted to on the 17th. The energy will be completely different on that day. It is truly the beginning of the new year, new energy, new everything..

Even if you tell yourself, I only want to buy 3 magazines. That is fine. Your gut will guide you exactly to what you want.

And remember as you start to build your map you will probably find yourself saying.. "gosh, I really want a _____" and if you can't find it in any of your magazines.. then go to your computer and fine a google image and print it up.
Of course you can also paint and draw. When it comes to photos of my family I tend to color xerox them since I don't like to use up my originals fwiw.

anyway, see what comes up for you then.. in the meantime.. clean, clean, clean.

#83 of 207 Old 04-06-2007, 11:49 AM

subbing!
#84 of 207 Old 04-06-2007, 05:40 PM

I see people talking about different areas on their maps (family, health etc) and I'm wondering how you set up your treasure maps? Sorry if this has been explained already, I get very limited online time atm Thank you :

ETA I maifested the time to read and found the info, sorry & thanks!
#85 of 207 Old 04-06-2007, 07:32 PM

I am printing out the Q & A and joining in. Thankfully I have been decluttering for a few months now. Some serious toy and junk removal in the last month. It seems the less we have the more we can breathe and be happy and move and less time is spent cleaning and organizing.

Anyway. I am really excited. I'm going to ask DH if he wants to make one too. He seems intrigued with "being the change".

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#86 of 207 Old 04-06-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
you are in an ideal spot....because it sounds to me you are in a position of openess. This is wonderful. Here's what I would suggest...start thinking about some of the areas that you want to improve upon in the next year. Start lightly mulling it over. in the meantime continue to get rid of any debris you have in your house. Clean, ditch, take stuff to charity, have a yard sale.. do what you can to get your house in as best shape as possible. again this helps create a space of openess.

now on the 17th--go to a magazine stand. Stand in front of it and look at all the options. There are pretty much magazines for every thing. And you will be surprised what you will be drawn or what will catch your eye. And go for it.
And here is the deal. If you went to a magazine stand today I guarantee the thing that you will be attracted today may very well not be the thing you are attracted to on the 17th. The energy will be completely different on that day. It is truly the beginning of the new year, new energy, new everything..

Even if you tell yourself, I only want to buy 3 magazines. That is fine. Your gut will guide you exactly to what you want.

And remember as you start to build your map you will probably find yourself saying.. "gosh, I really want a _____" and if you can't find it in any of your magazines.. then go to your computer and fine a google image and print it up.
Of course you can also paint and draw. When it comes to photos of my family I tend to color xerox them since I don't like to use up my originals fwiw.

anyway, see what comes up for you then.. in the meantime.. clean, clean, clean.
Excellent, thank you, Tracy! I'll definitely do this.

As for cleaning...it's an interesting challenge, that. We are in the midst of renovations on our new home - I mean painting, laying floors, etc. While we are doing this we've got EVERYTHING packed up and stashed in the future office, which happens to be in the marriage and fame baguas. So while we are trying for it to be all neatly stacked, it still is like clutter, you know?

Sunday we're laying the floors downstairs and then we will be able to move our bed into the bedroom, our stuff into its proper places, and we can finally start unpacking for real.

I'm still completely lost on what colours to do the bathroom in, though. If I PM you, Tracy, so you think you might have some thoughts? I'm not advanced enough for old school Feng Shui, I think I'm sticking to the bagua you use (bathrooms are both in children and creativity).

It is my goal to be unpacked and have a clean house by the 17th - we shall see how it unfolds!
#87 of 207 Old 04-10-2007, 11:51 AM

chasmyn (and anyone else looking for magazine ideas) This month's Glamour magazine is their "Fantasy" issue - focused on what do you fantasize for yourself/change in your life. Brightly colored front & lots of pictures inside. I bought it & immediately put it away (hope that's ok).

Plus, Drew Barrymore was on the cover & I : Love her:
#88 of 207 Old 04-10-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraboosMama View Post
chasmyn (and anyone else looking for magazine ideas) This month's Glamour magazine is their "Fantasy" issue - focused on what do you fantasize for yourself/change in your life. Brightly colored front & lots of pictures inside. I bought it & immediately put it away (hope that's ok).

Plus, Drew Barrymore was on the cover & I : Love her:
yea....is that okay?? this sounds cool...but maybe too tempting for someone like me.....

and maybe only cool because it's today and not next week...

will that one be on newstands next week, d'ya think?
#89 of 207 Old 04-11-2007, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have never heard of this before, but it is really calling to me. I am very excited to make my first Treasure Map, and look forward to doing this togetehr with all of you this year!

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#90 of 207 Old 04-11-2007, 05:34 PM

subbing... i'm getting ready by doing a M A J O R decluttering of my physical space and hopefully of my emotional space too. So far I cleared out 3 bags of clothes and one of toys. And I threw away at least another couple bags full.

My children receive so many new clothes as gifts-- more than they can wear. But for myself, I never buy clothes. I almost always rely on hand-me-downs and secondhand clothes from relatives and friends. So I decided that even if it IS free, if I don't really like it and feel good wearing it, I should just donate it back.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page