Treasure Mapping for 2007 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 207 Old 04-15-2007, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks AdinaL! That was very helpful information.
So it's all about the intentions, and I tweak things to be more specific with the affirmations, yes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 207 Old 04-16-2007, 12:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Adina, that was an awesome suggestion I'm using it.

I'm wanting to have a partner in life now that I've been divorced over a year. I have a list (yes, I really do ) of the qualities that I want in a partner. I'm planning on copying the list, placing it in an envelope and putting it on the map, writing 'all of this and even more wonderful things than I even imagined~for my highest good' or something like that. I always like to leave the space for my highest good to be fulfilled and to not be so rigid.

It does work though mamas, it really does

Whatever will be, already is...

#123 of 207 Old 04-16-2007, 12:44 AM

I'm so glad I found this in time. I love collaging and this activity sounds perfect for helping me get clear about intentions and desires for the next year.

Not a lot of time left for decluttering though, so gotta go!
#124 of 207 Old 04-16-2007, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyconmomma View Post
BelovedK, that was really helpful. I know you aren't "the guru to go to" but it helps to ask and you did know a great deal. And thanks so much for the reminder about "CANCEL," I had forgotten that and was just mentally reminding myeslf to not think this way or that way.

So Tracy, or anyone else, could you please illuminate what BK and I have been discussing - carefully setting the intentions for the best possible outcomes? For example, could I place such-and-such on my TM and verbally state the intention that I want "this or something better that is in my highest good" or do I have to find a way to represent that sentiment?
you have gotten such great advice.

I am in agreement with it.

I am really comfortable with affirmations that speak in what must seem like an oxymoron--broad strokes but specific color.

Meaning... "Our house is peaceful, joyful and abundant."

Note that it is specific...peace, joy and abundant.
But it is broad stroke in that I don't say... "Bob gets a high paying job so we can have a five bedroom house."

Abundant is simply that.. abundant. And perhaps it would not be abundant for Bob to get a high paying job and be gone from the family from 6am until midnight every day... at least that is not abundant in my book.

and maybe 5 bedroom is abundant... or maybe it is not. Maybe in order to make 5 bedrooms work, it means going to a kind of run down neighborhood...where as a 3 bedroom shared with siblings in a nicer neighborhood is much more abundant.

Also, I strongly, strongly, strongly urge people especially those here who are not married/committed to avoid the following-----.. "Steve marries me this year."

that is a big "no, no".

what is a better choice. "I am in a committed loving healthy mutually reciprocal relationship."

We should not impose our wishes.

also, "DS gets into Harvard."

No... instead, "DS gets into the school that makes him soar and builds his confidence for his next journey."

also.. and this is tricky.. if any of you have got people in your life who are addicted to drugs/booze/etc.... I would probably skip them on your map.. because the instinct to fix and help is probably too great. And frankly they have to find their own way ....
but I guess if you really feel you gotta do something with that person.. I might if I had to.. put.. "My interactions with Mike are always uplifting and positive."

Do you see the feeling and vibe the difference?

I think ever since the first year I posted about treasure maps here at MDC which I think was 2003...we have had to talk about how to approach maps so that there is space for the universe to get in it's 2 cents.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#125 of 207 Old 04-16-2007, 01:37 AM

#126 of 207 Old 04-16-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
I think ever since the first year I posted about treasure maps here at MDC which I think was 2003...we have had to talk about how to approach maps so that there is space for the universe to get in it's 2 cents.
I can see why, especially after BelovedK posted her experience with attracting a mate and the situation was not what she wanted.
Thank you so much for your time and patience with this, Tracy. I am sure you already know it, but I think it bears repeating - you are sending out such positive energy by helping us as you do. You are truly a beautiful soul, much gratitude to you.
To everyone else who has been contributing, much gratitude for all that you have done. This will be so far reaching. Thank you all!
#127 of 207 Old 04-16-2007, 11:45 AM

Does anyone have any specific plans for how they will start their day tomorrow? Want to share?

I will do a clearing tonight (it's a prayer thing I learned to call upon inner spirit to clear out old/bad energy and attract good energy) and I will start the day by welcoming all the new energy.
#128 of 207 Old 04-16-2007, 12:36 PM

I'll focus on things I want to remove from my life. Qualities, poverty, friends that no longer support me and my growth, etc. I will probably write it all down and burn it to release...

I can't wait for tommorow

#129 of 207 Old 04-16-2007, 03:57 PM

obviously I'm really late to this being that tomorrow is the 17th...I was wondering if I can make my map on the computer? or does it have to be done by hand? I'm only wondering because I will have to print things out anyway - I don't think I have any vbac magazines right now!

Dara Mommy to Gabbie (4/05) , Zachary (6/07) , and Simon (8/10)
#130 of 207 Old 04-16-2007, 05:23 PM

dara-- oooh, you found it! i was just gonna pm you.
#131 of 207 Old 04-16-2007, 09:52 PM

I've read through everything now! I didn't do the decluttering part of this, I read a post from Tracy saying that is ok - I hope so! I can get magazines tomorrow and also print things out. Are there any other natural/attachment parenting magazines besides mothering? also, can I just use photos and know what I mean by them or should I use text also? thanks so much!

Dara Mommy to Gabbie (4/05) , Zachary (6/07) , and Simon (8/10)
#132 of 207 Old 04-16-2007, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
I've read through everything now! I didn't do the decluttering part of this, I read a post from Tracy saying that is ok - I hope so! I can get magazines tomorrow and also print things out. Are there any other natural/attachment parenting magazines besides mothering? also, can I just use photos and know what I mean by them or should I use text also? thanks so much!

you can use anything you want.. download images, print them..cut out images from magazines.. copy prints of your own, write affirmations, cut out text..whatever your heart desires....just don't start it until tomorrow.

#133 of 207 Old 04-16-2007, 11:41 PM

Just wanted to send warm/happy wishes and good vibes to everyone mapping tommorrow!
#134 of 207 Old 04-17-2007, 12:56 AM

I am looking so forward to tomorrow and the next couple of days. I am going to start my morning by waking up and doing my Yoga practice, open myself up. i am am trying to get all ready to leave the house in the morning, so i can stay as calm and open as possible. I have been massivly decluttering, clearing out, getting rid of for months... I feel ready to do this! I will go look at magazines and go to the art store after dropping DS1 off at school. Thursday I am meeting up with some friends to work on it, but I will be playing with it all for the three days.

Thank you Tracy sooooo much for all your information and support. I really haven't posted much. Started the thread in Spiritualty months ago, but have been reading faithfully! Thank you a million times!!!!

Have fun everyone!

Kathleen

Crazed life-learning Mom to DS 1 Augustus (02/00) and DS 2 Ben (08/05). Love my DH Tony . Full house 5 11 found our "purrfect". Lovin' life!!!!
#135 of 207 Old 04-18-2007, 02:10 AM - Thread Starter

Happy Treasure Mapping, Everyone!

Cut, Snip, Draw, Paste, Photocopy, Download, Paint.. Do Whatever You Want.. Build Your Treasure Maps!!!!!!

The Flood Gates Have Opened, Have Fun!

#136 of 207 Old 04-18-2007, 10:09 AM

I wanted to share this with all of you cause I found it so wild!!!

I didn't know anything about April 17th... but the weird thing is... just YESTERDAY 4/17... I began a movie I'm making about my dreams and wishes for my life. You see, I saw that movie The Secret recently and I was browsing the web when I found this site called mind movies.com and since I've been making little video collages for Anniversaries and such I decided to do one for myself to create the life I want.

Isn't that amazing that I started it yesterday?!?!?!?

I began downloading images of people like Ghandi, MLK Jr, Iguacu Falls, etc... and I'm pasting them onto windows movie makes program and will add music to it as well as words and sayings that mean something to me.

Now I'm pressed for time... need to finish by Friday, right?

Best wishes to all!

:::
#137 of 207 Old 04-18-2007, 11:51 AM

Just wanted to say that I'm in, finally. The last 2 years I read these threads and meant to do it but somehow spaced out and failed to even start.

I'm about to glue on my last picture.

I went out yesterday and bought a huge stack of magazines; spent over an hour flipping through them, and found NOTHING. I ended up printing out a few of my own photos and some images from the web.
#138 of 207 Old 04-18-2007, 12:20 PM

So, I really wanted to join this year and map. I have also watched the threads for the last 2 years and not done anything. This is my year!

Then, money became really, really tight in the last 2 weeks. So tight, I would need to use food money to buy the mags, and I was having a hard time justifying that. It was important for me to pay cash for them, putting them on a credit card did not feel right. I was pretty bummed.

In a moment of decluttering, I found a bag with a pair of curtains that I meant to return to the store, and with them was the receipt! Off to the store I went, returned the curtains and got my $14.75 back. Then to another store I went, got 3 mags and a piece of poster board, totaling $14.50! So I got a quarter back!

I bought one magazine for each topic I want to cover; home, spirit, and money.

Kristina; wife to Max, Mom to Tristan (17) and Zackariah (7) and Lillian (5)
#139 of 207 Old 04-18-2007, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerlowyn View Post
So, I really wanted to join this year and map. I have also watched the threads for the last 2 years and not done anything. This is my year!

Then, money became really, really tight in the last 2 weeks. So tight, I would need to use food money to buy the mags, and I was having a hard time justifying that. It was important for me to pay cash for them, putting them on a credit card did not feel right. I was pretty bummed.

In a moment of decluttering, I found a bag with a pair of curtains that I meant to return to the store, and with them was the receipt! Off to the store I went, returned the curtains and got my $14.75 back. Then to another store I went, got 3 mags and a piece of poster board, totaling $14.50! So I got a quarter back!

I bought one magazine for each topic I want to cover; home, spirit, and money.

goosebumps!

so perfect. And how auspicious... enjoy your mapping!

#140 of 207 Old 04-18-2007, 08:56 PM

I searched online for treasure mapping and found the threads from Tracy. THe information was great and I finished my map and I am sooo excited. I started thinking how great the website was and realized that I closed the browser and cleared my history. I searched for hours to find the site...found it This is such an interested site with such great information and insightful people!!!
#141 of 207 Old 04-18-2007, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Scout1995... your name is perfect, you are a good scout. Congrats on finding us!
and happy treasure mapping...may they all manifest.

come back, now you here!

#142 of 207 Old 04-19-2007, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout1995 View Post
I searched online for treasure mapping and found the threads from Tracy. THe information was great and I finished my map and I am sooo excited. I started thinking how great the website was and realized that I closed the browser and cleared my history. I searched for hours to find the site...found it This is such an interested site with such great information and insightful people!!!
Welcome and I'm glad you found us :

I finished mine, I'm so excited!!!! I had WAY more things cut out than I could fit on the board. I had to narrow things down while keeping them expansive. Quite an excersize in choice, maybe that is part of the point.

#143 of 207 Old 04-19-2007, 01:14 AM

my first treasure map completed. feels so right. what an insightful exercise of truly reflecting on my life, my needs, my desires. seeing my best possible life in front of me brings a smile to my face and hope in my soul.

#144 of 207 Old 04-19-2007, 05:04 AM

Hello to you all,

I am very glad that I found your domain...

The day of the full moon marked a long period of power struggle with my husband. I can hardly remember last time we had it this bad. Needless to say I didn't get to do treasure map, but focused on staying calm instead. Today I went through hell of a time with Bank of America. Again, my agitation kept me from focusing on the map creation. Then, through my research, I found out that New Moon, particularly in Aries has to do a lot with independence and a sense of entitlement. I realized that it was the core issue my husband and I had with each other. He became unreasonable because he had the urge to be the winner. I managed to write down my 10 wishes on the 17th and continued contemplation on the 18th. Today I will cut out and gather all the imagery to build my map at night.

Did any of you have that type of experience? I mean having a bad day.
#145 of 207 Old 04-19-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
...but don't confuse the soft ending date meaning you can start anytime after New. That is not true. You need to start on New no matter what...
Oh no. This means if I didn't start on the 17th I missed my opportunity again this year? Or do I just need to start between 17-20th?
#146 of 207 Old 04-19-2007, 11:59 AM

It really just flowed....

Now I find myself sitting here waiting for something....

Hmmm...
#147 of 207 Old 04-19-2007, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacup View Post
Oh no. This means if I didn't start on the 17th I missed my opportunity again this year? Or do I just need to start between 17-20th?

between 17th - 20th... even if all you can manage is a piece of paper with your name and photo on it. and the words.."my treasure map" and date it. Then take the next days to put up images and affirmations.

#148 of 207 Old 04-19-2007, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

The Official 2007 Treasure Map!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all---I want to let everyone know that I wrote an article about Treasure Mapping for my friend's website. So for those of you who want to share this information without sending people to your own private hideaway (Mothering) may send people to this link... so your friends and family can also know how to Treasure Map. (My Gift to you--after many requests LOL).

EDITED TO ADD:
If you can please ask your friends when they go here to register..it is free by the way...but by registering it will help me figure out if people are even reading it. I am trying to figure out how much interest there is in my writing..this is a good way. Thank you!

http://www.margaretwendt.com/

(click on WHY IS APRIL 17 SO IMPORTANT)

This is the official Treasure Mapping 2007 page. We have been discussing it now for months.... but just to remind everyone about a Treasure Map..lets go over it again..

Frequently asked Qs and As.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT IS A TREASURE MAP?

A treasure map is a collage made of photos, magazines pictures, words, pieces of things that make sense to you...whatever you want and you put them on a foam core board or just cardboard or just something strong that can handle the collage...you put them all together so you can look at it...it will be a MAP of what you want for the coming year.

what do you mean, "what do I want for the coming year?"
Exactly what it says. Do you want a new house, a new living room, better health, stronger marriage, reconnect with people, a bigger family, a bigger community? do you want to write your book? do you want a new car? what is it you want?
Do you even know what you want? If you are like many of us, you are so busy running around, taking care of everyone else that you might not have a fig of an idea what you want for your new year...that is the beauty of this process...you must sit down and figure it out...give yourself this time to do it. Be just that selfish..and dare to dream.

Why do we do it in the spring and not January?Treasure Maps are made during the Aries new moon. Aries new moon change from year to year and this year, it will take place on April 17, 2007 Note at 11:35 GMT (so minus for US times) -- 27 degrees 05 .
They are made on Aries new moon, because that is the first sign of the zodiac. Aries is when you plant your seeds. It is the real beginning of the new year. It should not be confused with the first day of spring which is usually on March 19 or March 20. New moon means the sun and moon are in the same degree. For those who don't know much about astrology (which is totally okay) Aries is the sign of SIGHT. So, that's why it is so important to have pictures of what you want. YOu need to visualize it. Or if you don't do photos/pictures.. put up words. It is just important for you to SEE THEM.

in an ideal perfect world, treasure maps are made during the new phase of the Aries moon which is

Tuesday April 17, 2007
7:35a EDT Tuesday
6:35a CDT
5:35a MDT
4:35a PDT

until Friday April 20
12:49p EDT
11:49a CDT
10:49a MDT
9:49 a PDT

after that time on April 20 the moon moves into Crescent.

Now if you can not finish it during those 3 days you can take up until the full moon ..May 2 6:08 a EDT. but don't confuse the soft ending date meaning you can start anytime after New. That is not true. You need to start on New no matter what. like I said, ideally you will finish it during new.

Sorry about the use of North American times... I would put up GMT and Europe and asia times but my brain gets too mushy. if you are really stuck let me know and we'll figure it out.

So, I'm going to be busy on April 17 can I start it before the 17th?
NO.

I have to buy a bunch of magazines, I'm broke, can I just borrow some old ones from friends?
Personally, when I started my treasure maps I always did them with fresh new magazines. And in the old days, (not married, no children) I spent a lot of dough on them..only because I wanted lots of choices. But with time, I ended up only getting a few magazines. I never borrowed other magazines from friends..but I know that there were people here who did it in the previous years and I think they were happy with their results. So, it really is your call.

What if I don't want magazine photos, can I just use my own pictures.. like my husband, my baby etc?

Sure. I usually colored xerox them so that I would not wreck my originals.

you can also paint what you want. it really is your call.

What about me? Where do I put me?
Take a photo of you or a copy of a photo and put it somewhere on your map. The center is usally the desired spot.

Is there any pattern i have to use when i put the photos or the words on my board.
no you can do it anyway you want.
I will say that in previous years I used to use the feng shui baguas for my pattern. basically I would break up the board into 9 areas.

1-abundance
2-fame/reputation
3-relationship
4-family
5-health
6-creativity
7-self knowledge (and travel)
8-work
9-helpful people and angels.

If you use the feng shui baguas, you will naturally cover all most all areas of your life..as you can see it is all represented there.

here is a link to the colors associated with each bagua if you feel inclined:

http://www.buy-utah.com/images/graphics/Bagua.jpg

do I have to do it alone or can I do it with friends?You can do it either way. I build them with my 2 other friends. We are like sisters and it felt so right to do it with them. We started them together. I know that there are several MDCers who have little parties where they invite those close to them over. I will say this, it is a lot of fun to do them with others..we would all pass around the magazines.. "Hey, I found a great BMW.. does anyone want a new BMW?" Or it would be, "I have got to lose 10 pounds, any ideas what I should put on my map?" and low and behold someone will come up with a good suggestion.

Do i have to finish it all at one sitting?
no. Often I used to cut my stuff out with my friends. maybe glue a little thing here or there and then take it home and finish it there over the course of a day or two.

Can my kids do it with me?yes! it is great for them to focus and think about what they want. They also might give you their thoughts about what they think you should have in your life. Helps them to think beyond them, right?

Does it work?Yep. On my first map, I put a photo of a guy on a boat from like a Ralph Loren ad or something like that. Two months later I met my husband. He sails and comes from a long line of yacht clubbers.
It was so odd for me to put that photo up on my map, but there was just something about the feel and look to the guy on the boat that I just liked.

And there you go....we met..dated, a new map (the following year) had a ring on it... and I think you can do the math..... we've been together 10 years.

okay. I don't want to sound like a spoil sport but I"m just not interested in building a collage, can I do something else?

well, the truth is I now don't actually build maps any more. What I now do is take a nice piece of orange paper and write down my wishes during treasure map time. My wishes are almost like prayers and they are much more broad in my desires. But I will say this, I felt like I needed to switch to 'less is more' after several, several years of mapping. So, I had a lot under my belt. I would encourage new comers to make the actual maps. but if you really don't feel the call. then just write your desires down. I like orange paper. So, vibrant. So aries.

Is it ok to have things continue over to the next year? Long-term, ongoing stuff that has progressed but needs to continue to progress?

Yes. Of course. But with a small caveat. My sense after doing these for years is that when something really takes time and doesn't gel in the first year. My experience is that there is something still not in right yet. It might be something you are aware of...like AdinaL shifted from her map from year one to year two by focusing on less things. Getting pregnant was so important by year two that she decided to forgo some of the things from year one. That kind of energy is really important. What I mean.. is it is NOT important to put up less. It is important for you on the following year's map to go into your gut and say what do I REALLY WANT.

I think that is one of the reasons Adina's took a map and half to get to pregnancy. Also, and I'm sure you guys all know this... a baby comes when the baby wants to come. And I felt in Adina's case the baby did not want to be born in the old house which was in a totally different state. So, even though things look on the outside like they didn't happen...they really are. Kind of like peeling an onion.

If anything did not result from the other maps.. you may need to shift something about your long range goals. My sense is that they need a wee bit refining or broadening. Just a thought. But definitely don't give up on the dream.

I'm really excited is there anything I can do now before Treasure Map to help my map?
Yes, yes, yes.... I said this in previous years and I'll remind everyone now. The period just before the Treasure Map is called the balsamic phase. Which is the end of the moon's phase. This is the phase when we get rid of stuff. Get rid of clutter. Get rid of things that are bugging us. Get rid of ick. Try if you can to clear some space in your life so you can be ready for the treasure map. Remember, Einstein said, "NO TWO THINGS CAN OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE." Read that several times... now ask yourself, do I have space in my house, my family, my time, my life in general for more? If the answer is no. Then start housecleaning!

Clear out the stuff between now and the 17th. Now do you understand why it is important not to start your map before the new time?

by the way, I personally don't buy any of my supplies before the New starts. But I know some of you can't do that..so if you must buy before. PUt it aside and don't touch it until the new. Don't thumb through magazines. Leave it all be.

#149 of 207 Old 04-19-2007, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

BIG NOTE:

Don't forget to put a photo of yourself on your map. Try to put it in the center, if you can.

also, you may include photos of your family if you wish...

#150 of 207 Old 04-19-2007, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by empress2k View Post
Hello to you all,

I am very glad that I found your domain...

The day of the full moon marked a long period of power struggle with my husband. I can hardly remember last time we had it this bad. Needless to say I didn't get to do treasure map, but focused on staying calm instead. Today I went through hell of a time with Bank of America. Again, my agitation kept me from focusing on the map creation. Then, through my research, I found out that New Moon, particularly in Aries has to do a lot with independence and a sense of entitlement. I realized that it was the core issue my husband and I had with each other. He became unreasonable because he had the urge to be the winner. I managed to write down my 10 wishes on the 17th and continued contemplation on the 18th. Today I will cut out and gather all the imagery to build my map at night.

Did any of you have that type of experience? I mean having a bad day.

I have noticed A LOT of people are having bumpy days right now. It seems like people are trying hard to carve themselves a place in the universe but are unsure....even I am having a bit of hard time figuring out a few things on my map..which is a bit out of character for me..but i'm just relying on patience and trusting it will come. no matter how weird it might seem. LOL.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page