SAVORING LIFE support group-- augustseptember 2003 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-07-2003, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
SURVIVING the day rather than SAVORING it
does anyone else feel like they just survive their day? i don't mean that bad things are always happening, but that you wake up, feed the kids, make a pot of coffee, get everyone changed and maybe dressed, read something (like a page) or watch a tv show (with multiple interruptions), nurse babies, change diapers, argue with the persistent preschooler, blah blah blah. you get the idea. at the end of the day i often feel like i have simply SURVIVED...that i have not SAVORED anything. I love my kids, show them lots of affection, I am not depressed, but i sometimes think this is what parenting is...plummetting through the day, making things as special as i can in the very busy moment, and trying to keep chaos at bay. at the end of the week it can feel a little unsatisfactory.

This is a support group for those of us striving to SAVOR life. Here we will attempt to post weekly or more often about what special ways we might have connected with our children, our partners, our friends, or ourselves to make it a more special day. Hopefully this encourages those of us who tend to be JUST survivors.. THANKS for any input.

PS. the original thread was in parenting issues, and had several responses indicating that this group might be fun. Have a savory day.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-11-2003, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
fromscatteredtribe!

I am here! A lot going on in my life, and internet time is not a priority, but I'll try to keep coming once in a while...

Latest savourings: hugging my dd goodmorning (even though it meant getting late to work, and I am rather stressed there right now : )

Baby moving inside. Life is awesome!

Crying (long story, but just allowing myself to *feel* was good. Also, being gentle w/my pregnant, moody/emotional self. And realizing it does pass...)

Falling asleep really exhausted after a loooong (emotional) day, waking up an hour later (dd calling) and feeling sooo much better, and being able to go to her w/out negativity. I really enjoyed feeling *so much* better!

Cycling to work, in a bright, cool day.

Look forward to share some of your savourings!

Moni+
#3 of 3 Old 08-11-2003, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is just what I need!

Let's see... The swwet sound/smell of my baby sleeping on my chest
My dd's beautiful big blue eyes
My dh's arms around me
The sound of the rain outside
the sound of the trees rusteling outside the window
the scent of freshly dried laundry