Period late, sore boobs, pg test negative. What's going on? - Mothering Forums

Period late, sore boobs, pg test negative. What's going on?

Erdbeer's Avatar Erdbeer (TS)
07:50 PM Liked: 12
#1 of 41
01-26-2008 | Posts: 154
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced the same thing or could enlighten me.

I have always had a very regular cycle, always 28 days give or take 12 hours. I charted my cycle for a while before I got pg with my son and I am pretty sure I ovulate just around the middle at day 14. Anyway, this week for the first time (except when iwas pg with my son), my period is 5 days late. My boobs have been sore for days and I feel like something is definitely happening down in my uterus, at times like I am going to get my period, but it doesn't come. The only time I could have conceived was 8 days before my scheduled ovulation.

So yesterday I took a pg test, which came out negative. Still, I just felt like something was not right. Went out and bought a different one from a different company, and took it this morning. Also negative.

OK, so I believe I am not pregnant... but if not, what is going on with me? I've never had anything like this before.
*maddy's mum*'s Avatar *maddy's mum*
11:20 PM Liked: 0
#2 of 41
01-26-2008 | Posts: 19
Don't know that I have an explaination for you but I'm having similar symptoms, the only difference is I gave birth to my daughter who was only 22wks on October 28th and had one period 4 weeks later and haven't had one since. I have very sore breasts and have been feeling off but all pregnancy tests say negative. Not sure what the go is but I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone has any ideas.
blissful_maia's Avatar blissful_maia
01:23 AM Liked: 18
#3 of 41
01-27-2008 | Posts: 3,576
Hmm... have you had any life stresses that could be delaying your cycles? If you have clockwork 28 day cycles with ovulation typically on day 14, I'd say it's pretty unlikely that you're pregnant. However, sperm can live in really favourable cervical fluid for like 5 days. That being said, you could be getting a false negative (though it's rare), some women claim to never test positive on pregnancy tests. Could you get a blood test with a doctor/midwife?
Justmee's Avatar Justmee
05:56 AM Liked: 22
#4 of 41
01-27-2008 | Posts: 3,538
My cycles are very regular, and in this pregnancy I obviously ovulated late because a blood test came back negative on day 30 or so. When my period didn't come by day 35 I took another home test and it was BFP and so was the next blood test. The early u/s date was 5 days later than the date by my LMP so it all seems to add up to one wacky cycle.
08:04 AM Liked: 12
#5 of 41
01-27-2008 | Posts: 154
Thanks for the responses so far.
Well, about stress... I do have some things going on in my life right now, but I don't feel particularly stressed out by them, since they are mostly positive things. I have not been so affected by stress before that my period is 6 days late.

This morning my breasts are not too sore anymore, and there is no period in sight. I am starting to wonder if I am just skipping a cycle? Maybe I didn't ovulate at all?

The only other thing I can think of is for some reason, I ovulated very early this cycle, got pregnant around the first few days of January, and am one of those people who doesn't show up positive on home tests. But according to some info I found in the internet, my hcg levels should be quite high by this point, and I find it unlikely that a pg test would come back negative.

I guess my next step is to contact a doctor.
*maddy's mum*'s Avatar *maddy's mum*
08:59 PM Liked: 0
#6 of 41
01-27-2008 | Posts: 19
AF arrived this morning, I must have just been gearing up for it though I've never had symptoms this bad before. Sorry I've been no help. I hope the doctors visit is positive what ever the outcome.
doodledoo's Avatar doodledoo
08:09 AM Liked: 0
#7 of 41
01-28-2008 | Posts: 335
Hi everyone
I'm very new here and feeling an ickle nervous, but you all see like a friendly bunch!
I'm kinda in the same situation! Af was due on 22nd and still no show! I really feel pg, really sore boobs, nauseous and so hot & bothered feeling that even yesterday my other half commented on how hot I felt. I've done two tests and both have been negative. Has anyone any clues and/or suggestions? We've been ttc for over 2 1/2 years now.
Thanks and hope to get into the way of the forum soon!
10:38 AM Liked: 12
#8 of 41
01-29-2008 | Posts: 154
Update from me too... got my period yesterday. It was 7 days late and is pretty heavy. I don't know what that was all about. I am going to start charting to see where this goes.
Sorry I don't have an explanation for you doodledoo, sounds like we were in the same boat.
I hope this is a fluke for you and you happen to be preggo!
oceane's Avatar oceane
11:28 AM Liked: 10
#9 of 41
01-29-2008 | Posts: 2,572
it could have been a chemical pregnancy. you don't chart now, do you? you base your knowledge on your regular cycles in the past, right? because then it really could have been delayed ovulation or anovulatotion.
well, I hope you're ok with the situation
oceane's Avatar oceane
11:30 AM Liked: 10
#10 of 41
01-29-2008 | Posts: 2,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodledoo View Post
Hi everyone
I'm very new here and feeling an ickle nervous, but you all see like a friendly bunch!
I'm kinda in the same situation! Af was due on 22nd and still no show! I really feel pg, really sore boobs, nauseous and so hot & bothered feeling that even yesterday my other half commented on how hot I felt. I've done two tests and both have been negative. Has anyone any clues and/or suggestions? We've been ttc for over 2 1/2 years now.
Thanks and hope to get into the way of the forum soon!
we're really friendly! just ask any question you might have. about the "ways" you can check in the question and suggestion area.

some women get very late positives. you could get a blood taste. or be patient and wait a little longer before you test again.
04:11 PM Liked: 0
#11 of 41
01-29-2008 | Posts: 335
Hi all and thanks for the info!
I'm still hanging around wondering what's going on:
I haven't been temping but planned to start after this cycle, now that's delayed too! I have been using an ovulation predictor pee on stick thing - don't know the abbreviation for that one yet . My cycle's normally 28 days, with ovulation around 14-16 days, this cycle was day 16.
My hubby keeps telling me to go to the doc but as yet I haven't plucked up the courage! I've made an appt for Monday and if no show by then will def go.
I think the worst bit is that I feel pg, but obviously am not, so I really should go tomorrow so I can stop living in cuckoo land!
07:30 PM Liked: 12
#12 of 41
01-29-2008 | Posts: 154
No, I haven't charted for 3 years, but I have kept mental note of my cycle and until now, there have been no major changes.

What is a chemical pregnancy?
03:38 PM Liked: 0
#13 of 41
01-30-2008 | Posts: 335
Hi just to update! This is the first time in over 2 years that I am actually glad to see AF, which arrived this morning. I was just feeling sooooo horrendous and I needed it to end before I went more crazy!!
The question now is, do I need to see the doc? AF is just like one clot lining up after the next - sorry too much info - so not sure now if I need to get checked out or if we just continue next cycle as normal now. Any opinions?

We've also decided to take a deep breath and relax this month, no ovulation predictions kits, temping or anything and just plenty of BDing and then start afresh again in March. (Don't get me wrong I'm desperate for a little bro or sis for my little princess and to continue on the plan for the team (!), but I'm scared I'm starting to let it control my whole world.) That's how it happened first time round, we weren't actively 'trying' but I came off the pill and if it happened it happened and within 3 cycles I was pg.

It's not gonna stop me on here though! I'm really appreciative of how helpful and open everyone is and helping me keep the faith that it will happen eventually.
08:09 PM Liked: 12
#14 of 41
01-30-2008 | Posts: 154
I was the same with the clotting at first. It felt like I was expecting a waterfall at first but all that came out was a trickle... on day two very heavy, today as well. I don't think I am going to see a doctor, it came, right? So... I will keep close track.

I know what that feels like with letting TTC control you- the hopes, the disappointment, repeat... good idea to take a break!

This time around, DH has been after me to start working on number 2, but I have so much other stuff going on right now, I didn't feel ready. After this incident, I realized that had I been PG, I would have come to terms with the thought very quickly, so somehow, this incident served as a sort of message to me .
oceane's Avatar oceane
01:49 PM Liked: 10
#15 of 41
01-31-2008 | Posts: 2,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdbeer View Post
No, I haven't charted for 3 years, but I have kept mental note of my cycle and until now, there have been no major changes.

What is a chemical pregnancy?
here's a definition

your period could have been late because an egg was fertilized but didn't implant thus being released a couple days late.
jmaries23's Avatar jmaries23
01:44 AM Liked: 0
#16 of 41
05-15-2013 | Posts: 1
Hey

ok so this is a long story and I apologise in advance

for weeks now I've had symptoms which include sore boobs, headaches, nausua, bad dreams, hot flushes and just feeling uncomfortable in general. I've also gained abit of weight. I took several tests because I also missed my period last month but they came back negative. I had a blood test which also came back negative..

Now a few days ago I noticed white lumps around my areola. Took another test which was negative again!

I did go back to the doctors and have another alone test because I was worried I was going through menopause (I'm only 23).. About a year ago I had my right ovary removed due to a cyst. this also came back negative. So now I'm confused..
I'm still having symptoms about 4 weeks on now.
Is there anyone experiencing the same thing or can help.. I'm getting a little frustrated now greensad.gif
Thank you
feelingworried's Avatar feelingworried
12:05 PM Liked: 0
#17 of 41
05-20-2013 | Posts: 1
Hi jmaries,

I'm having similar issues. I'm about 5-6 days late on my average cycle. I've taken 4 pg tests and all negative. Last cycle I started to feel a lump develop in my breast but it decreased in size after my last AF. Now I'm all freaked out. I have sore breasts, tired, late period, bowel movements seems to have slowed down.

I really want to stop worrying about this and get on with my life. I keep reading stories about how someone knows someone who had several negative tests and they ended up being pregnant. I'm not knocking them it's just seriously freaking me out. I'm 27 and just went to the gyno 2 weeks ago. No STIs, pap clean, uterus and ovaries feel healthy.
momoftwins05's Avatar momoftwins05
03:58 PM Liked: 0
#18 of 41
05-21-2013 | Posts: 1
Hi everyone
I was wondering if any one was having these problems too. My breast have been sore for about 4 days now and my period is about 5 days late I've taken a pg test and it came out negative I'm really hoping that it's just stress but my body is saying different I have twins now and after a year after having them I got an iud I was on that for 5 years then got off and wasn't on any bc for 2 or 3 months after that I tried the patch for 2 months but got off that because I really didn't feel like it worked it just made me sick as a dog so I tired the shot only took one shot and never went back for another that kept me bleeding so I just decided to stick with condoms knowing that there is a higher chance of pregnancy my periods are regular for the most part give or take 1 or 2 day's in going on day number 6 and my cycle only last 4 does anyone know or have this problem??
Plunius's Avatar Plunius
08:54 AM Liked: 0
#19 of 41
08-19-2013 | Posts: 2

I've done two tests and both have been negative. Has anyone any clues and/or suggestions? We've been ttc for over 2 1/2 years now

10.gif

mummyrobins's Avatar mummyrobins
04:53 AM Liked: 0
#20 of 41
09-04-2013 | Posts: 1
Hi ladies, I'm going out of my mind! I have not had my cycle since 12.6.13 and I have had numerous negative hpt and a neg doctors test! The gp doesn't really help they're just interested in keeping me on alternative contraception, without any tests to find out why I am nearly 12 weeks late! This past week I have noticed my breasts are really tender but it comes and goes throughout the day....I have two girls already and have had two miscarriages and when I was younger I had an abortion however every time I have fallen pregnant I know I am pregnant, this time around I feel different so I don't believe I am pregnant if that makes sense?! I just don't know where to turn or what to do!
luvmyangels's Avatar luvmyangels
11:19 AM Liked: 47
#21 of 41
09-25-2013 | Posts: 4

WOW...I did not actually think I'd find a forum so perfect for these next few weeks of waiting on AF or NOT:namaste  Well my AF was due 9/9.  I took a HPT before my missed period just being overly anxious:flippedLOL.  We're ttc and have had two angelsbrokenheart.gif not make it due to missed m/c.  So you can see why I can be a little impatient.  SO on 9/11 I had an appt with my infertility doctor to begin research as to why I miscarried.  She checked my uterus everything looked normal except my lining was not thin enough for not being preg. and not and barely thick enough to get preg. 7.5m  (again I'm only a few days late for AF) and DOC:thumb says...I have a Huge Egg sitting in my uterus waiting to be fertilized and that she hopes I had sex recently, I told her I did last night!  I was shocked because my cycle has been normal since the miscarriages, however now my ovulation is when AF is suppose to be here.  My doctor also took a HCG urine test that day. SO we confirmed no preg with the 2nd. BFN.  Okay so meanwhile, I'm nauseous, frequent urination, tingling feeling around my nipple area.  However 9/16 did a HPT..still BFN.  Here it is 9/25 still no AF and all the pregnancy symptoms are here.  I even sware I can taste metallic today.  I do not feel like taking another HPT.  So tired of wondering and thinking about it. SO I have been literally trying to NOT think about it. However today makes 16 days late and the boob sorenessfaint.gifis not helping me to not think about it..  I have an appt on 10/5 for a Sonogram with the Raidology dept. It's part of the research of my fibroids and cysts to see if these caused either of my miscarriages.  I was thinking I could just wait till then an ask the tech to tell me if he sees a little bean in there. .  That is not that far away but again still not soon enough.  I hope I made some sense I know it's a lot to take in:blah.  Please any advice from anyone?? BTW if it helps...my last miscarriage was 6/21 and again I had two normal 28 day cycle since until now.  

:Rainbowbabydust to all ttchearts.gif 

WifeofAnt's Avatar WifeofAnt
07:16 AM Liked: 391
#22 of 41
09-26-2013 | Posts: 1,802
I was reading yesterday that the 99.9% accuracy pregnancy tests claim is made by artificially adding hCG to non-pregnant urine. The real statistic is that a certain percentage of women won't test positive until several days after they miss a period, even on the very sensitive tests. There's even an hCG variant that causes urine tests to turn negative because it bonds incorrectly with the dye on the test strip or something like that. Don't give up until AF crashes your party. smile.gif
luvmyangels's Avatar luvmyangels
11:39 AM Liked: 47
#23 of 41
09-30-2013 | Posts: 4

Hi Everyone...Update!  Still no AF..Now 22days late!  

bridget04's Avatar bridget04
11:21 AM Liked: 0
#24 of 41
10-04-2013 | Posts: 1
Hi everyone. I really hope someone could help me out. Last month I had my period, but it was not a regular one for me. It was not a constant flow, and it was brown, no red at all. And it lasted two days. I took a test and it came out negative. But my body keeps feeling off. Peeing a lot, boobs hurt and feel heavier, starving, exhausted, back aches and very slight and dull cramps. I tested AGAIN and still negative. I figure by now a positive would show up if I were indeed pregnant. This is driving me crazy, I'm on birth control and my next period isn't due until at least 10/15.
Cassi Mahlum's Avatar Cassi Mahlum
12:24 PM Liked: 11
#25 of 41
10-18-2013 | Posts: 13

I am in a similar boat.  I am currently 2 days late for AF.  I had 2 days where it was spotting only in the morning when I first woke up and mild cramping on and off through the day. .  I have not taken a test yet. Mainly because I am nervous that it will come out negative. That and with my first little boy I did not show positive on a pg test until I was almost through my first trimester.. Well that and I do not have insurance.

Bridget for you it may be the bc.  When I was on bc I did not have any visits from AF. even when following the directions exactly.  If you still have not had AF then I would take another test or go into the doctor. They will be able to confirm if it is a side affect of the bc.

andrea01560026's Avatar andrea01560026
06:37 PM Liked: 0
#26 of 41
11-29-2013 | Posts: 1

Ok so this is my story: My last period was October 13 2013, and today is November 29 2013, and no sign of a period.. My period is usually like clock work or MAYBE it'll be ONE day late... My boobs are sore for some reason, and around the beginning of this month I had some brown discharge(TMI) sorry, but still NO PERIOD. My aunt made this pizza and it was really good, but after I ate it, It made me s sick I actually vomited.. And my mom had some left over and the smell of it made me gag... And omg! these back aches are killing me. And sometimes I feel like my period is about to come but NO SHOW... I took a HPT(home pregnancy test) exactly one week after my missed period and I came back negative and I haven't tested since then I'm scared too... I DONT want kids,... atleast not right now can someone PLEASE help me... some kind of advice or if you were in a similar situation... what happened??

Sugarpie629's Avatar Sugarpie629
01:13 AM Liked: 0
#27 of 41
12-22-2013 | Posts: 1
I am in a similar boat. I missed my period (should have been Dec 9 and it is now the 21st). My boobs have been sore & heavy for the last 7 days, which is unusual. I tend to get nipple sensitivity around ovulation and a little soreness before my period but not like this. Pregnancy test has been negative.

I'm going to take another test in a few days but in the meantime I'm wondering what the heck is going on!
MGG606's Avatar MGG606
08:31 PM Liked: 0
#28 of 41
01-27-2014 | Posts: 2

I'm trying to figure out what's going on! I have one daughter and am NOT ttc right now, at least for a few years (my husband wants more, I'm indecisive, one is perfect for me!). But we had sex well before and well after ovulation, I could tell by the discharge I was definitely ovulating. But now I'm 5 days late, boobs are completely sore but two tests taken on 4th day after missed period were negative. I had been on Mirena for 18 months but had it taken out 15 months ago. I don't feel pregnant like I did with our first, but this is really bothering me that I have reaaaally sore boobs and a period that is late for the first time I can remember. I wanted to share and update for anyone with the same issue!!!

MGG606's Avatar MGG606
08:39 PM Liked: 0
#29 of 41
01-29-2014 | Posts: 2

Update! AF came today following an emotional outbreak, 6 days late. So, anyone with similar issue, it appears this happens sometimes.

vids15's Avatar vids15
12:21 AM Liked: 0
#30 of 41
02-09-2014 | Posts: 1
Hi ladies,
Am a first timer, going through a similar problem. PG negative and sore breasts and also pains and still haven't got my periods too! I don kno if I should be normal or be careful?

Reply Subscribe Fertility