Prepping for 2008's Treasure Map! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 02-03-2008, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am going to start this thread because a number of you have got a bee in your bonnet about April. I get a sense that you want to fuel up the car now!

And we have to do these things in stages so let's see what we can do now so that you will be ready for Treasure Map Moon, which will begin April 5, 2008. 8:54 PM PDT

First and foremost. We are currently in the Last Quarter of our 2007 Treasure Maps. Just like a business year, we are in the last quarter, some of us will be getting results that have been slow to come all year (since last spring). Some of us will be feeling compelled to push on some ideas and goals we planted last spring and have not done one thing towards but now we're ready. Some of us will just have things appear out of nowhere that are accomplishments we wanted.

So, 2007 Treasure Map is very much up and running. It has not gone anywhere.
For those of you who have your map, please take a look at it. Dust it off. Perhaps move it from its current location. Or just look at what you wanted. Are those still priorities? I don't want you to change your mind or ideas I just am saying, take a look at it. Percolate on it. Remember part of the reason why we get the Treasure Map in the Spring is so that we have Winter to process what we wanted last year. So, it is important to stay connected to 2007's Map in order to get to 2008.

For those of you who have not made a map and this will be new, then you need to do the big purge. Go through your house, is there stuff you don't want anymore. Then give it to a friend, give it to charity. Sell it on ebay. Get it out of your life. Those of us who build Treasure Maps know something that is very important...and Einstein said it best.. "No two things can occupy the same space." What does that mean? It means if you want more good in your life, or if you want to improve upon the good you already have in your life than you need to get rid of the clutter. Get rid of the things that don't work. Get them fixed. And take a look at other stuff, how is your relationship? Does that need some help? What can you do? And what about your habits? Are they working for you? Do you need support in ending some things?

Think of this period as a Clean House period. You do this between now and April 5 and you'll be reading for a great Treasure Map.

eta: There is a similiar thread in Spirituality but I know a lot of you don't have access to that forum so I'm putting this thread here for you guys!

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 30 Old 02-06-2008, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

I think some of you know that I write a monthly astrology column for a website. I just generated the Aquarius New Moon article. Aquarius New Moon starts tomorrow evening.

I think many of you will appreciate the information and it might support your own thoughts as you ponder the aries new moon in spring.

here you go:

http://margaretwendt.com/columns.php#copy

#3 of 30 Old 02-09-2008, 12:59 AM
lab

subbing!

I am so excited about my new map

I hope to finally get some peace over him......
|
|
\/

Trying to do the right thing with three kids and a hubby. 
ds20, dd18, ds17
#4 of 30 Old 02-10-2008, 02:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Subbing because I am in the midst of clearing both my physical and psychological house in preparation for the changes dh's upcoming tour in Iraq is going to bring to our family.
#5 of 30 Old 02-10-2008, 06:15 AM

i really want to make a treasure map for this year but hve no idea where to start.
#6 of 30 Old 02-11-2008, 11:35 PM

I'm excited for this years treasure mapping It will be my first year, and I think my DH will be doing one with me.
Right now I am focusing on cleaning and purging! I am going through my house section by section, purging, deep cleaning, sprucing it up, and using Feng Shui principles while I'm at it. Yay

I did laugh to myself when I decided to do the Skills/Knowledge/Wisdom area first, and I found myself up on a chair to get at my high ceilings *literally* clearing away the cobwebs

Anyway, this is fun.
#7 of 30 Old 02-11-2008, 11:39 PM

im soooo subbing. quick question, i have been putting pics and things like that from mags aside. is this the way to do it, and save them? thanks again tracy
Heather

one love

#8 of 30 Old 02-12-2008, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

I would not be cutting any images at this time.

The energy you feel now, the goals you have now, the thoughts you have now are still influenced by last year's Treasure Map. We are in the final three months of last year's map. Those of you who made maps will probably still be seeing some results from last year's efforts.

Those of you who have not made a map before then you need to take this time between now and April 5th to clean your house, clean your cupboards, take stuff to goodwill, sell stuff on ebay, ask people if they want stuff you don't want. Finally paint that room you have had on your "to-do" list... clear out, clear out..

do you guys know that adage about fisherman.. they fish during the summer but during the winter they fix their nets? That's what you guys have to do now... you need to fix your nets, you need to clear your clutter, you need to go over your books and finances, you need to connect to community.

If there is a box of crap in your house, get it out of your space. Why is it there? Think of it this way, Einstein said, "No two things can occupy the same space?" So, why is there crap in yoru life? How is that keeping good away from you?

Anyway, you clear out stuff now so that by the time April 5 comes, you will be good and ready to put it out there to the universe what you really want.

And then, only then do you cut out the images to build your map. Because you will be a completely different headspace on that day than any day previously.

hope that makes sense.

hugs

#9 of 30 Old 02-13-2008, 01:43 AM

:
#10 of 30 Old 02-15-2008, 05:20 PM

I am excited for this this years Treasure Mapping too. I did one last year. I put it in my closet a few weeks ago for a party we were hosting but I am going to go take another look at it. I think I thought it was over because 2007 was over. Thanks for posting this here. I am a lurker usually but wanted to say thanks for this information. It is a lot of fun to make one of these.

married to DH for eleven years Mama to dd1 1/30/07 and dd2 7/12/10
#11 of 30 Old 02-16-2008, 03:14 AM

I did my very first map last year and I just read over this thread all the while thinking how disappointed I am in my map. Then I pulled it off the wall and focused on everything and realized that actually I have accomplished/attained a lot of what I put on there!

So anyways, I would LOVE it if any of you could take a quick picture of your map and post it here so I could just see what other peoples look like. I think I want to go about making mine a little bit differently (fine tune it if you will). Thanks!
#12 of 30 Old 02-29-2008, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

bump

#13 of 30 Old 02-29-2008, 03:16 PM

I’ve been slowly preparing. Throwing things out (especially old bills and statements) and organizing my study.

I have tons of old magazines and catalogs so I’ve been cutting out photos and words over the past two weeks – this helps get rid of the magazines too which is what I needed to do anyway…
#14 of 30 Old 02-29-2008, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barose View Post
I’ve been slowly preparing. Throwing things out (especially old bills and statements) and organizing my study.

I have tons of old magazines and catalogs so I’ve been cutting out photos and words over the past two weeks – this helps get rid of the magazines too which is what I needed to do anyway…
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...67&postcount=8

#15 of 30 Old 02-29-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
"And then, only then do you cut out the images to build your map. Because you will be a completely different headspace on that day than any day previously."

Thanks! I guess I was feeling conflicted because I want to get rid of the clutter (mags) but want to get my use out of them. I guess I can box them up for now...
#16 of 30 Old 03-17-2008, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Remember, Treasure Map Moon is April 5. So, we have got about 3 weeks to purge. unload the stuff that no longer works for you!

#17 of 30 Old 03-17-2008, 03:30 PM

I'm so excited about this! I googled treasure maps and the one site gave me hints and ideas, but, it also mentioned having a box, manilla envelope and journal as well. I *love* the idea of the poster, but, thinking about also doing all the other things, well, feels overwhelming to me. Does everyone just do a poster?

I've started writing a list of all the ideas and feelings I'd like to convey in my TM. Reading this thread has gotten me all excited about purging! I love clearing out clutter and I have a bunch of it to clear out! I'm not doing anything else until April 5th. Then, I'll go to the store and pick out a few magazines.

Jen
#18 of 30 Old 03-17-2008, 03:58 PM

Oh I am ALL about the purging!! When DH and I were preparing to combine our households, we purged ruthlessly. My mantra was, "Do I LOVE it? Do I USE it?" I started out saying do I NEED it, but, well, my wishful thinking being what it is, that was a little too open to interpretation
It is a little rainy today, but I am going to clean off and move my art table out of the living room and into the studio. It's a start! DH has been talking a lot about getting rid of stuff, so evedently, I found this thread right on time!! Yay us! Okay, off to eat lunch then get the table cleared and moved!
#19 of 30 Old 03-17-2008, 04:10 PM

Oh, I think I read that in "Simple Abundance" about asking "do I LOVE it?" "Is it useful?". I kind of stalled just now, while walking around with a garbage bag, because I just purged not too long ago in hopes of moving soon. I did clean out the computer area, though.

I'm also waiting on a freecycler to come and take a big fish tank and tons of supplies.

I'm sure I'll find more things, too.

Jen
#20 of 30 Old 03-17-2008, 04:17 PM

I’ve been purging a lot too. Starting with my office (but haven’t finished yet – it’s always a work in progress). We were able to get rid of old electronics like cell phones, and old PDAs, at a recycling event recently. My mantra in the other living space is, if I don’t LIKE it, I will get rid of it. I’ve gone through the kitchen and throwing out dishes I don’t like and never use anyway. We have plenty of nice plates, flatware, etc to keep the ones we do not like. I’ve also been getting rid of old toxic makeup, perfumes, lotions etc that I haven’t used in a while anyway. I’m a magazine/catalog collector so I’ve been throwing those out and tearing out the articles I want to keep. Clothes and associates that I no longer want to keep and gave them to a local charity and sold what’s valuable. I have one more evening gown that’s several sizes too big now. It’s actually nice to see my closet partly empty (and I have a small closet).
#21 of 30 Old 03-18-2008, 10:32 PM

sorry - totally ignorant - are these dates the same for europe as for you all in the states?
#22 of 30 Old 03-20-2008, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini7772 View Post
I'm so excited about this! I googled treasure maps and the one site gave me hints and ideas, but, it also mentioned having a box, manilla envelope and journal as well. I *love* the idea of the poster, but, thinking about also doing all the other things, well, feels overwhelming to me. Does everyone just do a poster?

I've started writing a list of all the ideas and feelings I'd like to convey in my TM. Reading this thread has gotten me all excited about purging! I love clearing out clutter and I have a bunch of it to clear out! I'm not doing anything else until April 5th. Then, I'll go to the store and pick out a few magazines.

Jen

Remember it is later in the night on the April 5th. 8:54pm Pacific Time..which is 11:54p EDT... so you will probably want to do your work on Sunday the 6th. ....

I'm going to go back and edit OP so people will know the time.

also...if you want to know about Treasure Maps from the pov of the threads here on MDC... let me put up the link from last year's.... just to give you a taste.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...light=treasure

#23 of 30 Old 03-20-2008, 02:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinx View Post
sorry - totally ignorant - are these dates the same for europe as for you all in the states?

London GMT is April 6 at 4:55am

#24 of 30 Old 03-20-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
London GMT is April 6 at 4:55am
many thanks! i can sleep in until 5:55
#25 of 30 Old 03-21-2008, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

and you can even sleep later, it is just important that you start after the new moon begins.... remember a lot of people in the US will have new moon begin long after they have gone to bed (East Coast)...but when they wake up on Sunday...it will be new moon. So t hen they'll start.

#26 of 30 Old 03-26-2008, 03:29 AM - Thread Starter

bump

#27 of 30 Old 04-01-2008, 11:03 AM

Bump

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#28 of 30 Old 04-01-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
and you can even sleep later, it is just important that you start after the new moon begins.... remember a lot of people in the US will have new moon begin long after they have gone to bed (East Coast)...but when they wake up on Sunday...it will be new moon. So t hen they'll start.
I am on the east coast, so my plan is to finish up as much decluttering as possible on Saturday, then go buy my magazines Sunday morning (unless I wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep, then perhaps I will work on writing up some affirmations or something).
#29 of 30 Old 04-01-2008, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

okay..guys.. it is only a few days away. I hope you are getting excited.

#30 of 30 Old 04-01-2008, 10:08 PM

Hi Tracy,

I am getting very excited to do my first TM. I read all of the 2007 thread a couple of months ago, but I realize I still have a few questions.

1) I love the idea of using the baguas as a guideline but I'd like to understand more about what each of them represent. A couple are particularly confusing to me - fame/reputation, helpful people/angels, and even work (I'm a SAHM). Are the any resources you could suggest for learning more about them in the next few days?

2) While I don't know if I will feel this way in the new moon, when I was first reading the 2007 thread, I had a strong feeling that I should put a picture of my current home in the abundance section. I do try to cultivate an attitude of gratitude and I don't like to take my blessings for granted, so it seems fitting to include things I already have in my life and continue to want to have in my life. My current home IS my dream home for the foreseeable future so would it be silly to include it on my TM?

3) I was leaning towards using a foam core board for the project but I have never used one before. Will glue sticks work fine for affixing my images, or should I plan on purchasing other supplies?

Thanks so much.
Theresa

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page