~Journaling in April/May~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 126 Old 05-13-2008, 11:47 AM
 
aweynsayl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
OMG I NEED THAT BOOK! ... I WANT to make things that make me smile.. but I just can't seem to summon the will to do it :... I love pens too
can i send you mine? if i can find it in mom's boxes of stuff? please?
i hear you on needing that sense of creativity back. i lost all my usual sense of that the instant i got pregnant, and it has just started remerging. i'm glad you're a pen dork too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
"Write a question in your journal just before you go to bed, then leave your journal open on your nightstand. ...
ohh, i like this! i tend to ask for answers from my dreams, but i've never journaled it.
aweynsayl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#62 of 126 Old 05-13-2008, 12:46 PM
 
Oriole's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: by the ocean, lakes and mountains
Posts: 4,199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
Ask a Question
from Journalution by Sandy Grason
I think I'll try that tonight...

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
Oriole is offline  
#63 of 126 Old 05-13-2008, 02:30 PM
 
BelovedK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: wandering around.... with an aim.
Posts: 16,765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just ordered Journalution !!!!

                                Whatever will be, already is...
 
BelovedK is offline  
#64 of 126 Old 05-13-2008, 06:26 PM
 
GoldBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: where my heart is free
Posts: 2,756
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just popping in to say this is a very cool thread!

I have been keeping a journal for over 15 years! There have been times when I have gone months between entries, but over all it is a ritual which I enjoy and it gives me a great deal of perspective and peace. Sometimes I make collages or paint little watercolors. I love the silly little drawing I did while in Venice ten years ago.

I love nice pens, too. For many years, I only used fountain pens when writing in my journal- need to get another! I use blank books with plain covers- I always collage the inside of the front and back cover. I also name my books- the names just come to me. The last one I finished was called the Paper Crane book.

I often think that I would like to box up my journals and will them to my grandchildren. It saddens me that I know so little about my grandmother's lives. A journal would be like a treasure from the past.

Again, great thread!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
GoldBerry is offline  
#65 of 126 Old 05-13-2008, 08:15 PM
 
CariOfOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: the Lounge
Posts: 4,604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Burts girl.. going to have a look, but not holding out a lot of hope because our library isn't the best. Need to hop onto their online search and have a peek

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
can i send you mine? if i can find it in mom's boxes of stuff? please?
i hear you on needing that sense of creativity back. i lost all my usual sense of that the instant i got pregnant, and it has just started remerging. i'm glad you're a pen dork too!
You pen? You may certainly send me your awesome pen

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was robbed of this by pregnancy! I really don't think it's gone, but I think that the process of 'creating' my babies has buried deep inside me... and I just haven't found the right shovel to dig it out with so to speak

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
CariOfOz is offline  
#66 of 126 Old 05-14-2008, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
 
BurtsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SC, USA
Posts: 2,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BK, so far I've really gotten a lot from Journalution. Hope you enjoy it!

Salvia, always nice to see you pop in! Love the idea of naming each book.

Cari, I think aweynsayl meant her copy of the book.

Hope everyone has a good journaling day.

-Rachel

BurtsGirl is offline  
#67 of 126 Old 05-14-2008, 11:17 PM
 
aweynsayl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lol! i did mean my book! i'll have a look in the one box it could still be in.. because it's certainly not getting used.

i think it's fairly common that pregnancy robs women of their creative natures. i did a little ritual about this on may day... i'm hoping it helps! my gut says as long as we're lactating, though, there's a certain "drain" on our creative selves!

i'm really enjoying getting into the spirit of each of my new journals! thanks, very much indeed, to this thread, so thank you!
aweynsayl is offline  
#68 of 126 Old 05-15-2008, 12:16 AM
 
CariOfOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: the Lounge
Posts: 4,604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aww aren't you too sweet I'll pm ya in a sec.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
CariOfOz is offline  
#69 of 126 Old 05-15-2008, 12:26 AM
 
ellemnop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I'm El.

I've been journalling for as long as I can remember, whether it's pen to paper or blogging. I tend to go through periods where I write a lot and then I don't write anything for a month or two and then pick it up again.

After reading this thread though, I'm feeling inspired to get back into the groove of things (actually I took a break to write in my journal before responding to the thread).

There are some things that I'm trying to work through in my head that I feel like the journalling will help. So I busted open a new journal that I'd gotten a couple of years ago and was "saving" for a special time because it was so beautiful. Now's the time for beautiful things, right?
ellemnop is offline  
#70 of 126 Old 05-15-2008, 12:36 AM
 
aweynsayl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemnop View Post
Now's the time for beautiful things, right?
aweynsayl is offline  
#71 of 126 Old 05-15-2008, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter
 
BurtsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SC, USA
Posts: 2,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
aweynsayl, so glad you guys are getting as much out of this thread as I am! I'm also really enjoying the fellowship of journalers. Ewooo, That should be our thread title, lol. "Fellowship of Journalers April/May" :

El, much welcome to our thread. So glad we inspired you to get back to the beautiful things. Pretty journals are so inspiring too. Good luck in your writing I'm sure it will lead you where you should to be.

I'm kind of running dry these past few days but maybe that's because I'm processing everything I've already written. You ever go through write-a-thons and then have to decompress for a few days? I'm there...decompressing. In the mean time though stay tuned for another prompt!

-Rachel

BurtsGirl is offline  
#72 of 126 Old 05-15-2008, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter
 
BurtsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SC, USA
Posts: 2,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You as the Hero
from Journalution by Sandy Grason

"At the top of the journal page, write the prompt, "What have been the three biggest challenges in my life?" Then describe three significant transitions that have occured in your life. Reflect on how these changes felt as they were happening. What kind of person were you before going through each change or transition? How do these experiences affect you now? What qualities or strengths did you discover in yourself during these transitions? View your life from a higher perspective. Imagine your life as a movie: how did these events move you closer to being the hero of your life's movie? What could you do now that would help create a vision for living the life you long for?"

Happy Journaling!


* I also wanted to say that if any of you feel like you want to share one of your journal entries here please feel free to do so. Journals are very personal so no one is required to share anything from them but I wanted to open the option if someone felt the need.

-Rachel

BurtsGirl is offline  
#73 of 126 Old 05-15-2008, 11:17 AM
 
aweynsayl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
Ewooo, That should be our thread title, lol. "Fellowship of Journalers April/May"
ohh, yes please!!!! yummy. now i'm going to be thinking of vigo all day....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
I'm kind of running dry these past few days but maybe that's because I'm processing everything I've already written. You ever go through write-a-thons and then have to decompress for a few days?
yeah, i've done that. been giving myself days off in between, too...

ok, that hero idea is basically what i'm doing in my wonderful new cloth covored journal... re-storying, i call it... my journey of pregnancy and birth.
aweynsayl is offline  
#74 of 126 Old 05-15-2008, 02:40 PM
 
GoldBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: where my heart is free
Posts: 2,756
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for sharing the Journalution exercises, BurtsGirl.

I get a weekly horoscope from Rob Brezsny and I love the wacky writing assignments he sends along. They can be fun. Here are a couple examples:

~We all have a war going on inside us. What's yours? Is it a just and fruitful war or a senseless and wasteful war?

~Talk about the time a force beyond your understanding reached down and altered your course in one tricky, manic swoop.

~Make up a dream in which you violate a big taboo without hurting anyone.

~Describe the difference, if any, between what your ego needs and what your soul needs.


Oh, and I regularly skip a month or so of writing. I've been lax lately in writing in my daughter's books- a keep a little journal for each of them- just writing little things about them and their life.

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
GoldBerry is offline  
#75 of 126 Old 05-15-2008, 06:36 PM
 
BelovedK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: wandering around.... with an aim.
Posts: 16,765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the prompt

I feel like putting up a stickie in the Mother's Writer's Group directing people over here I may do that ...


I can't wait to receive my 'Journalution' in the mail !!!!

                                Whatever will be, already is...
 
BelovedK is offline  
#76 of 126 Old 05-16-2008, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter
 
BurtsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SC, USA
Posts: 2,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
aweynsayl, good luck on your re-storying. That sounds like such a wonderful idea!!

Salvia, LOVE THOSE! I'm going to add his website to the front page with the rest of our resources. Thanks for sharing.

BK, that would be awesome to have a sticky over there. If you recall I had a hard time figuring out where to put this thread, here or there. So that would be great. I'd love to have more people participating!

So glad you guys are enjoying the prompt/exercises. I guess I'll keep adding them as I get the time.

There was another thread in this forum about body image and acceptance of one's own body. It totally motivated me into some journaling on the topic and I'm probably going to touch on it some more the next few days. It was really freeing to get some things out and on paper. It's been an issue that I've been ignoring but really need to focus on.

I've been journaling pretty faithfully for a little over a month now and I can totally see a difference in myself. I just feel lighter, happier, and my journal feels heavier. (I'm almost halfway through this journal!) I like that I can get all that "stuff" out of me and on to paper so I can really explore it better. I also feel like I'm finally tapping into my inner wisdom and intuition. It's just been a really great time. I really think keeping "events" out of this journal is really helping. It's not a "dear diary" journal. I don't go to it with physical things or events, I go to it from a pure emotional place and it's made me a softer person, more open to myself and other people in my life. It's forced me to deal with the emotional part of myself that I've negated, neglected and ignored for a long time. I'm so glad I've come back to journaling.

-Rachel

BurtsGirl is offline  
#77 of 126 Old 05-16-2008, 11:34 AM
 
aweynsayl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yay! i love that!
aweynsayl is offline  
#78 of 126 Old 05-16-2008, 11:43 PM
 
BelovedK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: wandering around.... with an aim.
Posts: 16,765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My copy of 'Journalution' is here!!!!

                                Whatever will be, already is...
 
BelovedK is offline  
#79 of 126 Old 05-16-2008, 11:44 PM
 
BelovedK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: wandering around.... with an aim.
Posts: 16,765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
aweynsayl, good luck on your re-storying. That sounds like such a wonderful idea!!

Salvia, LOVE THOSE! I'm going to add his website to the front page with the rest of our resources. Thanks for sharing.

BK, that would be awesome to have a sticky over there. If you recall I had a hard time figuring out where to put this thread, here or there. So that would be great. I'd love to have more people participating!

So glad you guys are enjoying the prompt/exercises. I guess I'll keep adding them as I get the time.

There was another thread in this forum about body image and acceptance of one's own body. It totally motivated me into some journaling on the topic and I'm probably going to touch on it some more the next few days. It was really freeing to get some things out and on paper. It's been an issue that I've been ignoring but really need to focus on.

I've been journaling pretty faithfully for a little over a month now and I can totally see a difference in myself. I just feel lighter, happier, and my journal feels heavier. (I'm almost halfway through this journal!) I like that I can get all that "stuff" out of me and on to paper so I can really explore it better. I also feel like I'm finally tapping into my inner wisdom and intuition. It's just been a really great time. I really think keeping "events" out of this journal is really helping. It's not a "dear diary" journal. I don't go to it with physical things or events, I go to it from a pure emotional place and it's made me a softer person, more open to myself and other people in my life. It's forced me to deal with the emotional part of myself that I've negated, neglected and ignored for a long time. I'm so glad I've come back to journaling.

Stickie is up

                                Whatever will be, already is...
 
BelovedK is offline  
#80 of 126 Old 05-17-2008, 01:01 PM
 
aweynsayl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
has everyone here read "a room of one's own"? i'm thinking it's time to break out my copy and re-read it...... i do not, in our current home, have any space of my own... and i am feeling it. i've been creating some "me" space in my favorite room while ds naps (yes, that would be the bathroom... , but i love the light in there at mid-day--when he naps. it's a slightly purple-y grey, soft and cool, and just big enough to put my baby's quilt on the floor, light a candle, put some music on my ipod mini speaker thing, and write.

speaking of, if anyone else loves having music to journal by... i'm finding that marin marais is wonderful.
aweynsayl is offline  
#81 of 126 Old 05-17-2008, 05:08 PM
 
BelovedK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: wandering around.... with an aim.
Posts: 16,765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to say that I did an exercise out of Journalution and it was awesome! It was so simple and yet it took me to places I needed to go for some pretty intense personal things I am working on. I thank you for sharing that book with us, it is great

                                Whatever will be, already is...
 
BelovedK is offline  
#82 of 126 Old 05-17-2008, 07:09 PM
 
ellemnop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well thanks to a few pp's suggestions I have been writing as soon as I get up in the morning, even if it's just a few sentences, and I've successfully been writing every day for 3-4 days now. I find it's a great start to my day... lets me start over with a new start

I'm also loving the prompts that I'm getting from this thread!

So thanks for that suggestion!
ellemnop is offline  
#83 of 126 Old 05-17-2008, 11:04 PM
 
J's Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
has everyone here read "a room of one's own"? i'm thinking it's time to break out my copy and re-read it...... i do not, in our current home, have any space of my own... and i am feeling it. i've been creating some "me" space in my favorite room while ds naps
How funny that you mention this, aweynsayl! Just this morning I rearranged some furniture so that I could have a little corner of the dining room for my writing, studying, thinking. I snagged a comfy chair from the livingroom, a little table from the bedroom and put one of my plants on it. I set it all up right next to the window where all this glorious sunshine comes in and I love it! I think having a little sacred space to ourselves for all of our sacred "stuff" is important! And it doesn't have to be fancy! Happy space-making everyone!

Bilingual mama to DS J 6/4/06 and new DS C 9/27/10  homebirth.jpg
J's Mama is offline  
#84 of 126 Old 05-18-2008, 11:53 AM
 
aweynsayl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
that sounds *wonderful*!
aweynsayl is offline  
#85 of 126 Old 05-18-2008, 07:47 PM
 
Oriole's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: by the ocean, lakes and mountains
Posts: 4,199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today I realized that I haven't been writing in my personal journal for almost a year (I've been concentrating on the journal for my stepdaughter ). I spent 7 pages catching up on every major event that happened since then:

*My grandmother's death
*My stepdaughter moving in with us
*DSD's first real relationship
*The birth of my niece
*My new job
*Death of a pet-parakeet
*DP's pnemonia and search for a new position.

Now that I'm caught up with events I'll try to a little bit more of exploratory writing next time, and will employ a few of the wonderful prompts suggested here.

Cheers! Thanks for keeping me on track. I loved rereading today what I wrote before. Writing is such a great release of thoughts and worries. I'll let the pages keep mine.


New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
Oriole is offline  
#86 of 126 Old 05-19-2008, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter
 
BurtsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SC, USA
Posts: 2,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
Stickie is up
THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
has everyone here read "a room of one's own"?
speaking of, if anyone else loves having music to journal by... i'm finding that marin marais is wonderful.
I haven't heard of that but planning to check it out and see if the library can get it. Currently I don't have a place all my own to write. I normally do most of my writing at my desk at work, the dining room table, and on my bed - In that order. We are currently planning on remodeling our bedroom, which is huge, and I am planning to create a "me space" then. It will be a place I can put up my altar and have some of my knitting and journaling stuff there also. I don't get to listen to much music when writing I find it kind of distracts me a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I just wanted to say that I did an exercise out of Journalution and it was awesome! It was so simple and yet it took me to places I needed to go for some pretty intense personal things I am working on. I thank you for sharing that book with us, it is great
So glad you're enjoying the book. I'm only about halfway through it and have had many intense personal moments because of it. Also many revelations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemnop View Post
Well thanks to a few pp's suggestions I have been writing as soon as I get up in the morning, even if it's just a few sentences, and I've successfully been writing every day for 3-4 days now. I find it's a great start to my day... lets me start over with a new start

I'm also loving the prompts that I'm getting from this thread!
So glad you're enjoying writing again. I also love writing a little in the morning because of how it sets the day! And I'm planning to add another prompt today if I can get to it. so stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J's Mama View Post
How funny that you mention this, aweynsayl! Just this morning I rearranged some furniture so that I could have a little corner of the dining room for my writing, studying, thinking. I snagged a comfy chair from the livingroom, a little table from the bedroom and put one of my plants on it. I set it all up right next to the window where all this glorious sunshine comes in and I love it! I think having a little sacred space to ourselves for all of our sacred "stuff" is important! And it doesn't have to be fancy! Happy space-making everyone!
That DOES sound wonderful! And I totally agree on having a little sacred place for our sacred "stuff" is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
Today I realized that I haven't been writing in my personal journal for almost a year
Cheers! Thanks for keeping me on track. I loved rereading today what I wrote before. Writing is such a great release of thoughts and worries. I'll let the pages keep mine.
Yay! And I'm totally with you on letting those pages hold me thoughts and worries!

Hope everyone has a wonderful journaling day! I'll be back later with a new prompt.

-Rachel

BurtsGirl is offline  
#87 of 126 Old 05-19-2008, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter
 
BurtsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SC, USA
Posts: 2,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dialogue
Jounalution by Sandy Grason

"Have a conversation with the critical voice in your mind. Listen to all the doubts and fears that seem to be ready and waiting to pounce on your dreams. Then bring another voice into the dialogue: a supportive, wise voice. Use that voice to give yourself some encouragement, just as you would encourage a friend or family member who was going through self-doubt. Let the critic and the supportive talk back and forth until the critic begins to soften. Allow yourself to anticipate victory, see it, and feel it. Paint a picture in your journal of your dreams coming true. See yourself as powerful and capable of accomplishing this task, as well as many more even greater feats. Take a deep breath and tell yourself that you can do it. There is nothing stopping you unless you allow it to."

Happy writing!

-Rachel

BurtsGirl is offline  
#88 of 126 Old 05-20-2008, 01:28 AM
 
GoldBerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: where my heart is free
Posts: 2,756
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rachel,

I like that exercise. I think what I last wrote in my blog (see link in my siggy) is along that line. I really prefer my hard copy journal, but the fun thing about the blog is the ease of adding pictures.

If you have a blog, what do you feel about it? How does it rate to your paper and ink journals?


treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
GoldBerry is offline  
#89 of 126 Old 05-20-2008, 10:45 AM
 
ellemnop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
re: blogs

I feel that when I'm writing in a blog I am definitely writing for the benefit of someone else. My blogs are generally humerous and censored. When I'm writing with pen to paper I have always felt that I can be more personal. A large benefit to a blog, however, is that I type faster than I write. For this reason if something is really weighing on me then I type the whole thing up in a word document and then just close the thing and delete it. (I guess I could save them but usually it's just a matter of getting it out because it's bothering me). For me, there's always been a certain sense of romanticism writing in an actual journal or diary.
ellemnop is offline  
#90 of 126 Old 05-20-2008, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter
 
BurtsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SC, USA
Posts: 2,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemnop View Post
re: blogs

I feel that when I'm writing in a blog I am definitely writing for the benefit of someone else. My blogs are generally humerous and censored. When I'm writing with pen to paper I have always felt that I can be more personal. A large benefit to a blog, however, is that I type faster than I write. For me, there's always been a certain sense of romanticism writing in an actual journal or diary.
: word. for. word!

I love blogging. I blog a LOT and I have a lot of blogs. But they are mostly for family and friends or about a craft or hobby, like our food blog. I do have a spiritual blog that is password protected and I'm using it like a book of shadows.

-Rachel

BurtsGirl is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off