I want to live with purpose - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 06-14-2008, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so I just watched (for free) the Louise Hay movie based on her book You Can Heal Your Life

and its very good and is free for a limited time, its similar to "The Secret"

its basically the whole, law of attraction, positive thinking/affirmations concept

I really want to change some things in my life. I am a relativly happy person, I am grateful for my family and my job that allows me to work from home and that we are not living paycheck to paycheck anymore

but something is missing, I keep feeling like I want another baby but I worry that even that would not "fill" whatever it is I need

I feel often like I'm just letting life happen to me, I'm not living life, like I just keep waiting for what tomorrow will bring instead of rejoicing in today

anyone else feel like this? maybe we could start a group or something....

~Susan
widowed from Marc Nov. '09(love you more babe) mom to Sophia (9) Emma (8) Lily (5) :

#2 of 13 Old 06-14-2008, 09:17 AM

Joining you here too. Supporting your idea!

So... I don't suppose you have a copy of the movie... or was it just watch only and not downloadable?
#3 of 13 Old 06-14-2008, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

haha I just responded to the other thread, the movie is still free, just check out my other post for details

~Susan
widowed from Marc Nov. '09(love you more babe) mom to Sophia (9) Emma (8) Lily (5) :

#4 of 13 Old 06-14-2008, 09:42 AM

Thanks for the instructions! Have gone through the process and have the movie ready to watch... will have a look later. It sounds really interesting. I liked The Secret. And we have listened to a whole lot of audio programs about creating the life you want/self improvement etc, such as Tony Robbins, Dr Wayne Dyer etc. I love all that kind of stuff!
#5 of 13 Old 06-14-2008, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

yes I love tony robbins too, have not read/heard any of wayne dyers stuff but know of his work
I always hear all this stuff and get excited about the prospect but never follow through and then find myself still in the same space months/years later

~Susan

#6 of 13 Old 06-15-2008, 01:35 AM

I didn't like the secret very much at all (it was so hokey!) but I love Louise Hay, have her books and loved loved LOVED the movie.

I know the feeling, and I think it's really about consciousness, you know? Being present in each moment and making choices that will fill you with joy every step of hte way.

It takes some examination, you know? You need to know what it is that makes you happy! That is the first step, and you can move from there.

I'll be in your group!
#7 of 13 Old 06-15-2008, 03:00 AM

I know what you mean! Although we have made some *progress* and certainly have a new mindset these days, I know we aren't really doing... and being... all that we could be. We need to put more focus into it!

And... Welcome honeybee!

Does anyone know how big the movie file is... or approx how long it runs even? I'm a bit worried about how much download limit we have left, so cautious of trying to watch a big file....

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbound25 View Post
yes I love tony robbins too, have not read/heard any of wayne dyers stuff but know of his work
I always hear all this stuff and get excited about the prospect but never follow through and then find myself still in the same space months/years later
#8 of 13 Old 06-15-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Pegasus View Post
I know what you mean! Although we have made some *progress* and certainly have a new mindset these days, I know we aren't really doing... and being... all that we could be. We need to put more focus into it!

And... Welcome honeybee!

Does anyone know how big the movie file is... or approx how long it runs even? I'm a bit worried about how much download limit we have left, so cautious of trying to watch a big file....
IIRC it's about an hour and a half.
#9 of 13 Old 06-16-2008, 03:05 PM

Ok, I watched the movie today... excellent!

Then I checked our library's online catalogue and found lots of Louise's books, sound recordings and even a DVD of the movie available for loan... so I've put request holds on most of them! Can't wait to get stuck into some of them!
#10 of 13 Old 06-16-2008, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

I watched part of the movie again today, I dont know, it is almost like affirmations can be borderline OCD, like one woman said she would repeat a quote like 10,000x a day!!
I could see it making me almost crazy know what I mean?

~Susan

#11 of 13 Old 06-16-2008, 03:58 PM

Well, you only repeat it as much as you NEED it. There are some affirmations I do three times a day, and some that I do three times every hour depending on what it is/where I'm at etc. It's very organic, there are no rules. YOu just see how you feel and go with it.
#12 of 13 Old 06-17-2008, 01:33 AM
A&A

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Here's a good book for you to read:

http://www.amazon.com/Steering-Starl...3677174&sr=1-2

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#13 of 13 Old 06-18-2008, 04:07 PM

you should try the purpose driven life, by Rick warren. Its good and i have felt like this before as well...like we live in this great big world then we die, i dont get it, but this book was pretty cool in explaining what our purpose is while here on earth. good luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page