mom's who are sensitives, have extra perception/sensory, all that "woo-woo" stuff?? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-25-2008, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicdoula View Post
How do you know all this?
I spent a lot of years trying to figure out what my deal was, and clairsentience was the first term I heard. Clairaudience and the others are kind of lumped in with it, but it was just a couple of years back that I heard of claircognizance which seems to be my most reliable gift.

Psychometry is a form of clairsentience, as are any of the ones where you taste, feel, hear, etc., there are just more specific terms for them.

The internet has made it so much easier to find this stuff out than it was when I was growing up, I just thought I was weird. That's why I can't understand why those kids on the psychic kids tv show are always acting like they feel so much like I did...you'd think with kids having internet access nowadays they would know they aren't weird.

for intuitive readings click here :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeyes View Post
I don't think it's possible to explain everything, that's what makes it so interesting.
Oh absolutely. There's a ton of unexplained 'woo woo' out there, but the angel thing is so glib and convenient that it smacks of con man patter to me at times.

Besides if the angels are really talking why are half the psychics running around going "I sense someone with a G in your life." Are they hard of hearing? Or are angels adverse to saying full names?

I believe in the paranormal partly because I've experienced it and partly because science hasn't been able to explain everything away, but I don't believe most of the people saying they are psychic or are paranormal experts. Particularly when their insights are always so convenient kwim?

V

Happy Momma to DD (almost 3) Fall Coleslaw -- Simple Italian Stuffed Peppers -- - Fall Toddler Activities.- We Made a Play Kitchen Selling gently used books on all topics here.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:31 PM

I don't believe for one minute everyone who is psychic is an expert. Whenever someone asks me 'how do you know that?' I tell them damned if I know.

A lot of times I get really clear information, other times I only get parts of stuff, you just don't know what you're going to get and I don't see how to control it completely, much less explain how it happens.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:51 AM

I hope this thread's not dead! I'm subbing and I'll be back to post more later.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:31 PM

Every so often I'll have "prophetic" dreams. Although I've noticed lately they've been more numerous and more detailed. Sometimes its about really stupid stuff-like the dream I had that it was fall, someone had destroyed my garden and ripped out my sunflowers, but had planted new ones in their place. (bizarre!) well a few days after that dream the punk kids who live behind us chopped the top of my tallest sunflower off : I was angry because I thought the sunflower would die, but I was informed it would regenerate and perhaps grow even taller. I don't normally pay much attention to things like this, but I probably should.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:52 AM

I'm so happy to have found this thread! I have a lot of "woo-woo" moments and have since I was very young. I never really paid much attention to it until my cousin passed away unexpectedly back in 2001. It was really late and I was driving home and saw a really bad car accident scene. I couldn't see the car because it was so mangled. I started crying uncontrolably. I got home and woke my sister up and told her about it and said "I feel sad for the family of the person in the car because I know the person died" and hour later, you guessed it - that person was my cousin. The crazy part is that she lived in another state, yet died a few miles from my house. She was coming over to try to get my sister to come out even though my sister was in bed for the night.

A few days later it was the day of her wake. I was scared to death to touch her body. Then I went home and was so upset that I didn't get to kiss her goodybe. That night I had a dream where she clearly talked to me and said "Don't be afraid to touch my body, it's just my shell. I'm not in there anymore. It feels kind of weird actually" Then she told me how she would make sure I had another change to get to touch her the next day. The next morning before the funeral for some reason the casket was out again and open. I arrived just as they were getting ready to load her into the hearse. I got to touch her hand and kiss her cheek.

Ever since there have been "moments". I only talk to my sister about them because she sometimes has them too. We often smell the overpowering smell of the peach roses at her funeral and it is always followed by a woo-woo moment with her. I could go on and on.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 08-02-2008, 12:58 AM

Forogt to add my favorite woo-woo moment ever:

I miscarried before DS2 was born and it took a long time to get preg. I was beginning to feel hopeless and depressed about it on the way to work one day. Suddenly I smelled roses (see post above) and a feeling of peace came over me. I knew in my heart that I would get pregnant that very night and I kept thinking over and over "the baby is going to be ok". I did get pregnant that very night and I always thought "the baby will be ok" meant I would not miscarry. I thought nothing about it until DS2 was 14 days old and we discovered he had a heart defect and needed emergency surgery. He was dangerously close to death at the time of surgery. During his surgery it dawned on me that the comment about him being ok was about his heart - not the pregnancy. And guess what, he's ok!

A side not: My cousin's mom dreams about her every week since she died and during the week before Evan's heart surgery she dreamed of her but she was too busy to talk. In the dreams my cousin kept saying "I'm busy, I can't stay and talk" and would rush off. The week of Evan's surgery her mom did not have one dream of her. Her mom didn't find out about the surgery until a week later. Then she called to tell me about her dreams and said she now knew why Krysten was so busy in the dreams - because she was taking care of Evan.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 08-02-2008, 05:17 AM

I will share a terrifying dream I had about 5 years ago:

I'm in high-school, hanging out in the hallway at lunchtime and chatting with a group of girls. Someone behind me keeps tapping and poking me and being really annoying. Finally I turn around and ask her why she keeps doing that, and she says, "I'm trying to wake you up, before something bad happens!" All of a sudden I'm lucid and realize there's some 'boogy-man' chasing me and I *know* that if it catches me it will steal my soul. So I RUN and SCREAM and try to wake myself up (I can bring myself out of lucid dreams, which I usually try to do if they are bad dreams). Moments later I wake to my husband shaking me and I am SCREAMING my head off. That was truly a nightmare.

I always wonder what would have happened if the bad-thing in my dream had caught me...could it really steal my soul?

Wife to geek.gif (08/03), Mom to energy.gif (10/05) and babyboy.gif (11/09).

Old 08-14-2008, 05:09 PM

The 'Creepy Places' thread over in TAO reminded me of this thread that I killed.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily's_Mom View Post
The 'Creepy Places' thread over in TAO reminded me of this thread that I killed.
what is 'thread killing'??

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
Old 08-14-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicdoula View Post
what is 'thread killing'??
Being the last person to post on a thread before it dies!

This thread seemed to be going well, and then I posted and no one posted after me, so I felt like I killed it.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily's_Mom View Post
Being the last person to post on a thread before it dies!

This thread seemed to be going well, and then I posted and no one posted after me, so I felt like I killed it.
I think I killed it and you finished it off Maybe we can revive it?

Old 08-14-2008, 10:14 PM

I'll jump in here too. Even though I don't think I'm too psychic I know lots of odd things have happened to me.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
I think I killed it and you finished it off Maybe we can revive it?
Not too much woo-woo happening with me lately.

We're at the end of our car lease, and I had a dream that someone keyed the trunk of our car. At the dealer today we noticed a big scape of paint missing on the back of the car that we hadn't noticed before.

Maybe I noticed it out of the corner of my eye and then had a dream about it?

Old 08-15-2008, 01:38 AM
Dia

Hi ladies

This has been a really interesting thread to read. Some of you have had experiences that I have as well, that I have never been able to explain or fully understand.

Honestly I am not a particularly spiritual person, nor do I have an interest in the paranormal or psychics or anything like that. In fact I would say that was it not for my experiences I am a total unbeliever/skeptic.

So I know logically, I am not manifesting anything in my head...I wouldn't even think to make something like this up.

Yet, periodically, and in a fashion I have no control over, I have known - absolutely known - things about people that I should not or could not know. It is a completely random thing. It seems to have no relevance how well I know them, if it is a stranger, etc. It sounds utterly crazy.

The absolute most striking experience of this happened when I was about 15 or 16. I walked into a new class at the beginning of the HS year and felt, like a physical blow, an overwhelming feeling of pain form one random girl in the class. She was totally normal looking, nice, absolutely nothing about her stood out or would lead someone to draw the conclusion that something horrific was happening in her. But as the year progressed I literally dreaded going to that class because I would feel her energy and her pain, I could sense what was happening to her and it was absolutely terrifying. I could actually feel pain – her pain.

I really can’t overemphasize how strong this knowledge was and how strange. I knew what was happening to her like you know your name, like you know what your face looks like in the mirror….I actually, truly knew.

I told my mom, at the time, about this because it scared me so much, and of course she thought I was nuts.

Since then I have had similar things happen. Usually I sense most strongly when something is very wrong, but I have also known about health issues that would not be apparent otherwise (sometimes ones that the person is not aware of yet).

Crazy....

Mama to one amazing ecbaby2.gif
Old 08-15-2008, 02:41 PM

Dia: that is really interesting. I'm a skeptic too, and that is what makes it even more weird for me. For the longest time I kept thinking WTH is going on? I wonder if we're all just more in tune than others? Has anyone read any of the books by Eckhart Tolle? I am finishing his "A new earht" book right now and it makes sense to me. He talks about how everything is made up of energy and if you are in tune you can pick up the energy from people/things and sort of read it. I've always had the amazing gift of knowing immediately after meeting someone what kind of person they are. Usually within seconds. There have been people that I've avoided simply from picking up bad/unhealthy energy from them. And others I've gravitated towards.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia View Post
Hi ladies

This has been a really interesting thread to read. Some of you have had experiences that I have as well, that I have never been able to explain or fully understand.

Honestly I am not a particularly spiritual person, nor do I have an interest in the paranormal or psychics or anything like that. In fact I would say that was it not for my experiences I am a total unbeliever/skeptic.

So I know logically, I am not manifesting anything in my head...I wouldn't even think to make something like this up.

Yet, periodically, and in a fashion I have no control over, I have known - absolutely known - things about people that I should not or could not know. It is a completely random thing. It seems to have no relevance how well I know them, if it is a stranger, etc. It sounds utterly crazy.

The absolute most striking experience of this happened when I was about 15 or 16. I walked into a new class at the beginning of the HS year and felt, like a physical blow, an overwhelming feeling of pain form one random girl in the class. She was totally normal looking, nice, absolutely nothing about her stood out or would lead someone to draw the conclusion that something horrific was happening in her. But as the year progressed I literally dreaded going to that class because I would feel her energy and her pain, I could sense what was happening to her and it was absolutely terrifying. I could actually feel pain – her pain.

I really can’t overemphasize how strong this knowledge was and how strange. I knew what was happening to her like you know your name, like you know what your face looks like in the mirror….I actually, truly knew.

I told my mom, at the time, about this because it scared me so much, and of course she thought I was nuts.

Since then I have had similar things happen. Usually I sense most strongly when something is very wrong, but I have also known about health issues that would not be apparent otherwise (sometimes ones that the person is not aware of yet).

Crazy....
That is exactly how my stuff started. I could feel it through my entire body, and I knew stuff about people that was so personal and private, and there was just no way for me to get the information through 'normal' means.

If it makes you feel any better, my family still thinks I'm nuts, and I make my living doing readings for people.

I've seen people get the most incredible information psychically for skeptics and they still refuse to believe they didn't somehow research them online or find their friends or family to get the information in advance, or use some other method to cheat somehow. Some people will never believe it is possible for something to exist that they can't understand.

It happens to me and I don't understand it, so HTH are you supposed to be able to explain it to someone else?

On the occasions when it has helped me avoid injury, like the time I got warnings about my neighbor the murderer, the date rapist I avoided, and a couple of other scrapes, I can say this gift was definitely useful.

The times it has given me downright silly information about other people that didn't seem to serve any purpose, I can honestly say I am clueless as to what purpose it could possibly serve.

It just reinforces my belief that no matter how much we learn, we will never know the 'why' of everything, and no matter how smart people want to think they are, science can't explain away everything.

Old 08-16-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:

Crazy....
I'm just reading about this in a book about a medical intuitive. Her name is Caroline Sutherland and the book is The Body Knows. It's very interesting and she makes a living at it it looks like. so I wouldn't call it crazy since people from all over the world come to her for medical readings. check out her website (her name dot com)

I also loved hearing about your HS experience. I wonder if anyone ever picked up on the hell I was in.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Dia

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfpintj View Post
I'm just reading about this in a book about a medical intuitive. Her name is Caroline Sutherland and the book is The Body Knows. It's very interesting and she makes a living at it it looks like. so I wouldn't call it crazy since people from all over the world come to her for medical readings. check out her website (her name dot com)

I also loved hearing about your HS experience. I wonder if anyone ever picked up on the hell I was in.
Wow, I am going to have to check that book out. I didn't even know there was a definition for such a thing.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Wow, I am going to have to check that book out. I didn't even know there was a definition for such a thing.
I've seen several books by medical intuitives. Google them or check out the library. It seems an accepted practice. Carolyn Myss is the biggest with lots of books, etc..
Old 08-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Dia

So, a serious question for you ladies on this thread. How have you been able to develop your empathic/sensitive abilities, if you have chosen to do so? Is this something you have found responds to "exercise" (or use) like a muscle, or do you not have that kind of control?

How have you used it in your life?

And, have you noticed that in certain times (depending on where you are emtionally, spiritually, or etc) your abilities are stronger or weaker? I ask because I have noticed this myself.

I love hearing about other folks experiences with this.

Also, enfpintj, I would bet the farm some one in your life was tuned to what you were experiencing in HS. From my perspective, even if I had not been so terrified myself of my empathic (for lack of a better word) experience in HS, knowing what to do with it - communicate, empart something, even if just compassion - ? - would have been so difficult to figure out. I still can't wrap my head around that one.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:52 PM

There are a lot of different ways to develop your abilities.

I have found that hanging out with other people who have abilities is a huge help. When I used to do readings in a new-age bookstore around other people with abilities, I had some amazing experiences. It's kind of like you magnify each other's abilities by being in the same room.

There are a lot of books that have various exercises you can do, and there is information online if you google phrases like 'developing psychic abiliites' or 'increasing intuition.'

For me, my abilities seem to lessen in times of great stress. The calmer and more peaceful things are, the easier it is for me to get into a meditative state and receive information.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:53 PM

yes, i taught myself by readings lots of books, and just diving in.

The first book I bought was, trust your vibes, by sonia choquette.

Now, am at this full time, and love that I am able to help others.

I am a SAHM and 'normal' too lol

:
Old 08-17-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet2 View Post
Oh absolutely. There's a ton of unexplained 'woo woo' out there, but the angel thing is so glib and convenient that it smacks of con man patter to me at times.

Besides if the angels are really talking why are half the psychics running around going "I sense someone with a G in your life." Are they hard of hearing? Or are angels adverse to saying full names?

I believe in the paranormal partly because I've experienced it and partly because science hasn't been able to explain everything away, but I don't believe most of the people saying they are psychic or are paranormal experts. Particularly when their insights are always so convenient kwim?

V

I hear you, and I have to add that your perception is only half correct.

I am not deaf, my clairaudience is not as strong as my other abilities. Some are.. I am working on that still to this day. It has been a slow process for me.
I do talk to the angels tho, and my guides, and yours...

But it is not like you and I would have a conversation.. Doesn't work that way for me.

I would be happy to answer any questions I can regarding exactly how it works and how I get my information.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:19 AM
Dia

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmarty View Post
The first book I bought was, trust your vibes, by sonia choquette.
Did a quick search and ordered this from my library...thank you!

Old 08-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Dia

[QUOTE=bigeyes;11969580]I have found that hanging out with other people who have abilities is a huge help. When I used to do readings in a new-age bookstore around other people with abilities, I had some amazing experiences. It's kind of like you magnify each other's abilities by being in the same room.QUOTE]

Like what kind of experiences?

Old 08-18-2008, 12:38 AM

did anyone else notice the blood-red moon tonight? it was only that way for about 20 minutes here, and I thought I was seeing things til a friend mentioned it to me as it was fading to normal... gave me chills to realize I wasn't just imaginging things
Old 08-18-2008, 01:03 AM

[quote=Dia;11969768]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeyes View Post
I have found that hanging out with other people who have abilities is a huge help. When I used to do readings in a new-age bookstore around other people with abilities, I had some amazing experiences. It's kind of like you magnify each other's abilities by being in the same room.QUOTE]

Like what kind of experiences?
It was so much easier to get accurate information quickly, and the feelings were so intense...I had my only clairaudient experiences ever while I was there, and the only readings I've ever done where I received names for people. I usually get feelings and situations, and I often will use the exact words that people have used in conversations when I do readings, but it was pretty cool to hear names and other really specific information. We all get different things, but I have always been in awe of people who could get names. Everything just flowed so easily and quickly when there were several of us around.

I have a friend who calls me sometimes and we do readings together just for fun, and things flow well when we concentrate our efforts that way, too. I also belong to a tarot group and we will notice that several of us will have a similar interpretation of a reading, or will pull the same card or cards when viewing a situation. The collective consciousness is an amazing thing.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
So, a serious question for you ladies on this thread. How have you been able to develop your empathic/sensitive abilities, if you have chosen to do so? Is this something you have found responds to "exercise" (or use) like a muscle, or do you not have that kind of control?"""

The medical intuitive books I've read talk about ways to increase your intuitiveness.

""'Also, enfpintj, I would bet the farm some one in your life was tuned to what you were experiencing in HS. From my perspective, even if I had not been so terrified myself of my empathic (for lack of a better word) experience in HS, knowing what to do with it - communicate, empart something, even if just compassion - ? - would have been so difficult to figure out. I still can't wrap my head around that one.
I'm sure you're right. I felt very alone though, so it would have been nice to have someone see that.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:54 PM

Some other books that helped me feel less weird were the ones by Alison Dubois and Dean Radin. I especially like them because they are good rebuttals for people who say there is no scientific evidence for psychic ability. Wrong.

User Tag List