mom's who are sensitives, have extra perception/sensory, all that "woo-woo" stuff?? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 141 Old 10-12-2008, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knitting_mama View Post
i feel like i belong here! :

i'm super empathetic, even to the point of feeling other folks physical pain. i've had many "prophetic" dreams, they always come true. there is always a difference in "those" dreams and other ones, if that makes sense. for some reason, people ALWAYS tell me their secrets, it's so bizarre. it happens so frequently though, it's got to be something more than i'm just easy to talk to. for example, last time i went out, i had thus guy in his 40's behind me in line at the grocery store with his probably 6 y/o kid. the guy went on and on about how his wife left him, his mom committed suicide, he doesn't know how to be a dad.... it's always a cry for help. then at the craft store, same day, a woman was telling me how she'd had an abortion, and it haunts her and she hears her baby crying every nite. she was crying and having this meltdown on me, and i'm like, "uh, i'm sorry?" i try to talk to these folks and be polite, but sometimes it's too much and i have to go ice queen or i start crying and feeling too much. i feel like i should start carrying around cards for therapists lol it really is hilarious and crazy, my husband and i will make bets on how many people will "talk" to me any time we go out.

i've always been able to gauge other people's emotions, i also know when someone is lying immediately. my husband is the same way. he's very good at reading vibes, and he's never been wrong in the 6 years we've been together.

this is all so very interesting to me, and i'm so glad i have a place to talk about this! i've felt crazy for far too long.
welcome welcome! glad to see you!

wanted to add that I too could be in your "stranger tell me personal things" club. Grocery and department stores seem to be prime for this. I smiled at a lady passing me in the you-serve candy isle at the grocery store while shopping with dd. The lady started talking and although it started as your typical "hi, how are you" I could tell she was full of thoughts and desperatly looking for a place to unload them. For 45 minutes she went on to tell me about her childhood abuse, abusive first husband, how she met her current husband, her sole mate as she called him, (they met at a Halloween party which also now happens to be their son's birthday), and on and on. I happily listened even though I probably had other things to do. After the firts 10 minutes I could tell she just wanted someone to listen so... I did. A lady behind me in line at Wal Mart looked at dd in my cart and mentioned that her daughter was going to have a baby. I gave the typical, "oh, when is she due" sort of answer which somehow led the lady to tell me how she had gotten pregnant when she was very young, had an abortion, went into a deep depression because of it, then later turned her life around when she became pregnant again years later. Without me saying much at all to her she went on. She explained how she felt guilt up until she had her daughter and realized that her earlier decision wasn't something that should rule her life. Then we both went through the check out and parted. Odd... but, I'm ok with that. This sort of thing happens everywhere, "while in the waiting room at the doctors office, at the store, at the park, seemingly anywhere someone finds me alone for a moment.

Lots of middle aged parents telling me about their troubled or unruley teens or telling me about how they were troubled or unruley as teens... weird.

Anyway, glad you found us! Come by often!

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.
#122 of 141 Old 10-12-2008, 08:39 PM

Me too. I'm not sure why, but practically everywhere I go people tell me their personal life details. It's kind of strange really. They'll tell me about their family, personal relationships, illness, everything. I always patiently listen, because I can tell that is what they need. It still strikes me as odd though.

Children do this to me too. They just walk up to me and start telling me everything. I don't mind at all, and I think it is adorable. Sometimes they want me to pick them up or hold them. I usually do, if the parents don't mind of course. As a parent, I would mind. Somehow, other parents don't seem to mind. I suppose I am a bit over-protective with my own kids. Unfortunately, I think people need to be over-protective.

As far as sensing how other's feel, I notice that people who hold things in are often the people that give off the strongest "energy" that enables me to feel (and know) what they are feeling and thinking. :
#123 of 141 Old 10-14-2008, 11:54 AM

My middle child is now 5. Ever since he was about 3 he would sometimes talk about his 'other mother' and his 'other home.'

This past weekend, my dh was telling him to clean up some toys and not letting him out of the task (ds#2 is famous for being too tired or dizzy to help with cleanup...). Finally, he realized that papa was serious and started cleaning up the legos that he, himself, had strewn around the room. As he did, dh heard him say, "my last life was alot easier than this..."

I knew that this was THE place to share this...

Maryhippie.gif

#124 of 141 Old 10-14-2008, 12:53 PM

for intuitive readings click here :
#125 of 141 Old 10-14-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContentMom View Post
As far as sensing how other's feel, I notice that people who hold things in are often the people that give off the strongest "energy" that enables me to feel (and know) what they are feeling and thinking. :
Hiya! I didn't have time to read the whole thread, but I definitely fall under this category. And I just wanted to "Yeah That" about the above statement. I have this theory that human beings are designed to be infinitely communicative with each other and our Creator. So to try to hide stuff is to work REALLY REALLY hard, since our natural state is to be open.
#126 of 141 Old 10-15-2008, 05:12 PM

subbing...
I haven't had time to read through the 7 pages of comments yet, just a couple.

I'm able to sense/feel and sometimes see spirit energy. It's actually gotten a lot more intense in the past couple of years and it is in some way tied to my youngest child, my daughter, Trinity. I haven't quite sorted it out yet.

I also seem to be one of those people that act as some sort of magnet for people in distress. Strangers tend to open up to me in freakish ways! It's not that I'm complaining, but I need to find my balance and learn to conserve my energy for myself too, if that makes any sense.

I've been this way all my life to a certain degree. I had a "spike" around the time I was 12-13 years old. It was a negative and kind of scary experience with a very negative entity. After this I sort of shut myself down and didn't allow myself to experience anything. Sometimes things still crept in and happened.

I feel more open about it and accepting of it. My thing now is just learning what I can about my experiences as well as protecting myself and my kids from any negative stuff.

I'm not trying to be vague, and I will gladly share some of my experiences in detail when I have more time to write it out. I just kind of wanted to jump into this conversation and try to catch up with what everyone else has experienced as well. I'm happy to have someone else to talk to about it.

My 3 kiddos are sensitive too. My son Logan has talked about his other mother and house too, since he was very young. My son Ethan senses something in the house when activity spikes around here. My daughter woke me up last month because she was sitting up chatting with air, when she saw me wake up she was waving and saying bye-bye to our visitor.

Our world never ceases to amaze me and the possibilities are endless. I just keep trying not to be to freaked out by it as well.

-Di
#127 of 141 Old 10-15-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm;12366035[SIZE=2
][/SIZE]Can you share some ways you are working on the fuzzy boundaries? Your post made me think we may need to do something similar, as the three of us here are quite empathetic (me, dh, dd).
Mainly things like not wanting to say no because it will hurt someone's feelings, or feeling like he's not safe and how to deal with that depending on where he is. He's like I was as a kid, he'll tell you (very emphatically) "Happy birthday" about 20 times through the day becuase he just REALLY feels so connected that it's your birthday and he wants to lavish attention on you. I don't know how to describe it accurately. He's like me, he doesn't just feel things, he FEELS things.

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
#128 of 141 Old 10-16-2008, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome to everyone new here in the thread. Glad to see more and more wandering over to share ersonal experiences. It's so nice to finally hear similar feelings, views, and experiences coming out of the woodwork.

So last night I was sitting her at my laptop in the living room. Dh is the latest to suffer from the cold going around our house so he was snuggled under a blanket on the couch watching some TV and dd was planted on the living room floor happily playing with some new toys from her b-day on tuesday. It was around 7pm or so and the household was pretty relaxed.

My desk is set up at the very end of the house and as I sit at my laptop my view goes over the couch and directly down the hallway. At the very end of the hallway are 2 doors, one on either side and a linen closet at the end facing me, covered by a curtain. Dd's room is to the right and ds's (due in December) future room is to the left. I happened to look up from the computer screen for no particular reason and look down the hall. Just as I did I caught someone walking into ds's newly painted room from the hallway. The only thing I was able to catch was his side. Left shoulder, arm and body down to the knee or so (because the couch was blocking anything lower I suppose). He seemed as if he were trying to duck away so I couldn't see much of him. Like he'd looked at me but as soon as I began to look up he turned his head away from me, tucked his chin down into the colar of his black shirt and tipped his face away.

My first thought was, "oh no, it's progressing even more... and so quick.". This man looked so real, as real as a living person but, I knew he wasn't. I've been see full body aparitions when waking from sleep late at night or very early in the morn when it's still dark for a few years now but, this is different. When I'm woken from sleep I'm still a bit out of it and have no fear because any hint of fear is still sleeping quite frankly. At night I can see, hear, and physically feel these people. But, during the day I had been pretty free of any any physical senses.

A few weeks ago, maybe a month I started hearing (with my ears) different people. Couldn't understand them but, could definatly hear them. It was so real that I actually hve to stop what I'm doing, be silent for a moment, and make sure it isn't an actual person around me... theres never anyone there (anyone living I mean). For months and months now I've been wondering when these things would progress into the day time and fully awake time. Looks like they are... and very quickly. The man I saw in my house last night was the next progression I suppose.

Luckily dh is very supportive about this. He could tell right after I saw this man that something was making me uncomfortable so I told him what I had seen. He grabbed one of our kitties and took her into ds's room and asked dd to stay out in the living room with me. Dh came back out a minute later and had me sit with him on the couch. Dh said that he looked up some things online awhile back to see if he could find anything that might help me with coping with all of this. I love kitties so naturally he looked to see if cats have any connection to the spirit world. He said that he read that cats can see and feel it all and will react negitivly, with fight or flight if something unseen to us makes them uncomfortable. He said that any time I see or feel something he will have one of our kitties check it out. He said our cat was fine when he took her into the room so if something was there it wasn't negitive. I love dh .

Ok, sorry, that was long... just had to get my new worry out there in the open with those who understand. I still feel a bit unnerved by the progression of my sightings to day time. I sort of feel on edge while at home during the day and especially into the evening, wondering what I'm going to see or hear and where. Something else to add to my list of concerns.

oh, then I had a dream about a missing girl... not sure if she was a real missing girl, like IRL but, the dream was off and really stuck with me. Still sort of consumed with it a bit even now at 2 in the afternoon.

#129 of 141 Old 10-16-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FondestBianca View Post
My first thought was, "oh no, it's progressing even more... and so quick.". This man looked so real, as real as a living person but, I knew he wasn't. I've been see full body aparitions when waking from sleep late at night or very early in the morn when it's still dark for a few years now but, this is different. When I'm woken from sleep I'm still a bit out of it and have no fear because any hint of fear is still sleeping quite frankly. At night I can see, hear, and physically feel these people. But, during the day I had been pretty free of any any physical senses.

A few weeks ago, maybe a month I started hearing (with my ears) different people. Couldn't understand them but, could definatly hear them. It was so real that I actually hve to stop what I'm doing, be silent for a moment, and make sure it isn't an actual person around me... theres never anyone there (anyone living I mean). For months and months now I've been wondering when these things would progress into the day time and fully awake time. Looks like they are... and very quickly. The man I saw in my house last night was the next progression I suppose.

Luckily dh is very supportive about this. He could tell right after I saw this man that something was making me uncomfortable so I told him what I had seen. He grabbed one of our kitties and took her into ds's room and asked dd to stay out in the living room with me. Dh came back out a minute later and had me sit with him on the couch. Dh said that he looked up some things online awhile back to see if he could find anything that might help me with coping with all of this. I love kitties so naturally he looked to see if cats have any connection to the spirit world. He said that he read that cats can see and feel it all and will react negitivly, with fight or flight if something unseen to us makes them uncomfortable. He said that any time I see or feel something he will have one of our kitties check it out. He said our cat was fine when he took her into the room so if something was there it wasn't negitive. I love dh .

Hey Tracy, you post gave me the chills and I can definitely commiserate. So far things have not progressed to that extent with me during the daytime. I've seen more "shadow" people for lack of a better example, but only a couple different times the and it's pretty quick, like they are hiding from me as well.

I'm glad your husband is so understanding, that is such a huge help. For the most part my husband has been a huge nay-sayer and I've been reluctant to tell him all of my experiences. Of course that was before he had a couple of his own experiences recently.

It's true about animals. I do think that animals sense these things. In my experience the cats in my house are much more relaxed about it though. I'll see them tracking invisible things with their eyes or running off in a huff, but they seen to enjoy it, like it's some play thing. Now, one of my dogs reacts totally differently and in all honesty if I start to get really creeped out, she comes inside to hang out with me.

The last thing that happened was my daughter was having a bit of a freak out and refused to be upstairs any longer. This is odd for her, especially if I'm with her (co-sleeping), and it was late and very much past bedtime. After realizing there would be no calming her, I decided bring her downstairs to nurse her on the sofa till she fell asleep.

The stairwell is the center of our home and also the center of a lot of paranormal stuff. As I was going down the stais I started feeling really anxious, watched and completely unnerved. I got about halfway down and saw my dog, Zoe, bare her teeth and give out a little growl. She was looking directly behind me as I was walking down. She's not a growly type dog and it was weird to see her reacting so strongly, especially to something I couldn't see!
-Di
#130 of 141 Old 10-16-2008, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane~KJ View Post
Hey Tracy, you post gave me the chills and I can definitely commiserate. So far things have not progressed to that extent with me during the daytime. I've seen more "shadow" people for lack of a better example, but only a couple different times the and it's pretty quick, like they are hiding from me as well.

I'm glad your husband is so understanding, that is such a huge help. For the most part my husband has been a huge nay-sayer and I've been reluctant to tell him all of my experiences. Of course that was before he had a couple of his own experiences recently.

It's true about animals. I do think that animals sense these things. In my experience the cats in my house are much more relaxed about it though. I'll see them tracking invisible things with their eyes or running off in a huff, but they seen to enjoy it, like it's some play thing. Now, one of my dogs reacts totally differently and in all honesty if I start to get really creeped out, she comes inside to hang out with me.

The last thing that happened was my daughter was having a bit of a freak out and refused to be upstairs any longer. This is odd for her, especially if I'm with her (co-sleeping), and it was late and very much past bedtime. After realizing there would be no calming her, I decided bring her downstairs to nurse her on the sofa till she fell asleep.

The stairwell is the center of our home and also the center of a lot of paranormal stuff. As I was going down the stais I started feeling really anxious, watched and completely unnerved. I got about halfway down and saw my dog, Zoe, bare her teeth and give out a little growl. She was looking directly behind me as I was walking down. She's not a growly type dog and it was weird to see her reacting so strongly, especially to something I couldn't see!
-Di
thanks for relating! I was just thinking that it couldnt' be very calming having the dog growling at somehthing behind you on the stairs! Thats the last place I want someone lurking behind me. I hate the stairs especially at night. I live in a split level house so there is a 180 degree turn at the half way point of the stairway. The half wall between the two flights blocks my view of what is on the other flight a bit. Being pregnant I have to scale the stairs a couple times a night to pee and needless to say the first thing I do is turn the stairway light on!

I also agree about the difference between cats and dogs reactions. The cats seem to be curious whereas dogs are more protective and territorial.

I'm just a bit worried because at night when I woken the people who come to me are so real and vivid. All of my senses are able to expereince them. So I'm worried that one day all of a sudden I'll just be able to see all these people standing there, looking, sounding, and feeling just as real. Scary thought I guess.

#131 of 141 Old 10-16-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
I'm just a bit worried because at night when I woken the people who come to me are so real and vivid. All of my senses are able to expereince them. So I'm worried that one day all of a sudden I'll just be able to see all these people standing there, looking, sounding, and feeling just as real. Scary thought I guess.
Ya, that would be distressing to me as well. Not only that, very distracting to try and go about your normal day and trying to guess what's paranormal and what's normal.

I'm no expert, I'm just now accepting and learning myself, but I do know there are ways to filter it. I don't know how, but maybe some more experienced women can chime in on this. If I were you I would start researching this now, before it becomes a big issue. It may never become a big problem, but knowledge is power and it would probably make you feel better to know what to do in that event, just in case.

If I find anything out about it, I will definately post for ya.
#132 of 141 Old 10-16-2008, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane~KJ View Post
Ya, that would be distressing to me as well. Not only that, very distracting to try and go about your normal day and trying to guess what's paranormal and what's normal.

I'm no expert, I'm just now accepting and learning myself, but I do know there are ways to filter it. I don't know how, but maybe some more experienced women can chime in on this. If I were you I would start researching this now, before it becomes a big issue. It may never become a big problem, but knowledge is power and it would probably make you feel better to know what to do in that event, just in case.

If I find anything out about it, I will definately post for ya.
thanks a bunch! I think people could tell me what to do in the case that I start seeing them during the day while not groggy from sleep BUT, I think I'd just react and be freaked out. I'm pretty sure I'd know they aren't your regular people but, seeing them so real and for more than a couple seconds I imagine would just freak me out. But, the more I'm warmed up to the idea like I have been over the years the more I imagine they will manifest. When I hear about mediums, seers, and people that have experiences like on the show "ghost whisperer" or the movie, "the eye" (that movie actually depicted very similar the way in which I see things at night when woken) during the DAY when they are wide awake and alert I just can't imagine how scary that must be. And to think that some day, maybe soon I may be having those daytime experiences.... AHHHHH!

#133 of 141 Old 10-17-2008, 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=FondestBianca;12403515] I think people could tell me what to do in the case that I start seeing them during the day while not groggy from sleep BUT, I think I'd just react and be freaked out. I'm pretty sure I'd know they aren't your regular people but, seeing them so real and for more than a couple seconds I imagine would just freak me out. QUOTE]

My dh used to have lots of experiences where he would awaken and there would be multiple beings watching him sleep...either hovering over him or collected in the room where he slept. As soon as 'they' saw that he was awake, they would fade into the walls.

He always felt like they were watching over him, not wishing to get anything from him.

I think most of that stopped (or at least he stopped being sensitive to it) when we got our cocker spaniel. She didn't usually bark at anything, but sometimes she would sit and stare into a corner for hours without moving away.

Dh also sometimes saw people around our house, though again, never in a threatening way.

One time when he was still at work I could very clearly feel a presence in the house...I could tell it was an older man and that he really, really, really wanted to make contact. I could feel that there was a woman with him, though 'behind' him and not wanting to be noticed.

This was the first time I ever felt anyone's presence (though I never doubted what dh felt and saw) and it freaked me out a little. I just asked that this man, he gave me his name as Henry, just wait until dh got home, because I knew I would feel safer with him with me. The man immediately retreated and I could tell I was alone again.

After dh came home, we were sitting on our bed and I was telling him about the whole thing and I could feel Henry standing in the doorway to our bedroom watching. I could clearly feel that he didn't want to intrude, and therefore wouldn't come into the room without invitation.

I told dh that Henry said that they were very lonely. Dh was dealing with some stress at work and said he just 'couldn't deal with it right now' and Henry and his wife faded away again.

I never had another encounter with Henry, but I always felt that other spirits were sharing that house with us.

Fast forward a decade to just this last year... I was constantly catching a glimpse of a figure in doorways in our house. I felt no animosity from the figure and I could never see it if I looked straight that way, it was always a shape I could only catch in the periphery of my vision.

One time dh saw a dark male figure standing near our toddler-daughter watching her play. He felt no fear either.

Unlike the time before, I was not freaked. I just told the spirit that it was welcome as long as it was a benevolent spirit. I told it that it could stay as long as it meant no harm. I told it that it was welcome to make itself more visible or communicate with us.

But then we moved.

Anyway, I'm sorry this is so long-winded...I would say that you should tell the spirits hovering about you/your house what you are comfortable with. You can say that you are kinda freaked out by somethings, but others are ok. You can tell them to come to you in specific ways or at specific times. You can let them know if they are welcome.

And I think it's totally normal for a spirit to check out the new baby's room...I think they are drawn to these new ones.

I haven't felt any spirits in our apt...but it's a rather soul-less place.

HTH,

Maryhippie.gif

#134 of 141 Old 10-22-2008, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=mary3mama;12406483]
Quote:
I think people could tell me what to do in the case that I start seeing them during the day while not groggy from sleep BUT, I think I'd just react and be freaked out. I'm pretty sure I'd know they aren't your regular people but, seeing them so real and for more than a couple seconds I imagine would just freak me out. QUOTE]

My dh used to have lots of experiences where he would awaken and there would be multiple beings watching him sleep...either hovering over him or collected in the room where he slept. As soon as 'they' saw that he was awake, they would fade into the walls.

He always felt like they were watching over him, not wishing to get anything from him.

I think most of that stopped (or at least he stopped being sensitive to it) when we got our cocker spaniel. She didn't usually bark at anything, but sometimes she would sit and stare into a corner for hours without moving away.

Dh also sometimes saw people around our house, though again, never in a threatening way.

One time when he was still at work I could very clearly feel a presence in the house...I could tell it was an older man and that he really, really, really wanted to make contact. I could feel that there was a woman with him, though 'behind' him and not wanting to be noticed.

This was the first time I ever felt anyone's presence (though I never doubted what dh felt and saw) and it freaked me out a little. I just asked that this man, he gave me his name as Henry, just wait until dh got home, because I knew I would feel safer with him with me. The man immediately retreated and I could tell I was alone again.

After dh came home, we were sitting on our bed and I was telling him about the whole thing and I could feel Henry standing in the doorway to our bedroom watching. I could clearly feel that he didn't want to intrude, and therefore wouldn't come into the room without invitation.

I told dh that Henry said that they were very lonely. Dh was dealing with some stress at work and said he just 'couldn't deal with it right now' and Henry and his wife faded away again.

I never had another encounter with Henry, but I always felt that other spirits were sharing that house with us.

Fast forward a decade to just this last year... I was constantly catching a glimpse of a figure in doorways in our house. I felt no animosity from the figure and I could never see it if I looked straight that way, it was always a shape I could only catch in the periphery of my vision.

One time dh saw a dark male figure standing near our toddler-daughter watching her play. He felt no fear either.

Unlike the time before, I was not freaked. I just told the spirit that it was welcome as long as it was a benevolent spirit. I told it that it could stay as long as it meant no harm. I told it that it was welcome to make itself more visible or communicate with us.

But then we moved.

Anyway, I'm sorry this is so long-winded...I would say that you should tell the spirits hovering about you/your house what you are comfortable with. You can say that you are kinda freaked out by somethings, but others are ok. You can tell them to come to you in specific ways or at specific times. You can let them know if they are welcome.

And I think it's totally normal for a spirit to check out the new baby's room...I think they are drawn to these new ones.

I haven't felt any spirits in our apt...but it's a rather soul-less place.

HTH,
well, I have several different kinds of expereinces with night time apparitions. The first one is a residual type of thing. For these I'm usually woken up by the bed moving a bit, something pushing into me, my blankets being pulled away, or a group of people gathering and being so loud that they awaken me. I wake to find dh fast asleep. Over and over again there will be a group of people having what appears to be an informal party of some sort (like your typical work pals party or something of that nature. I can see, hear, and even touch them but, it is as if they cannot see me or even know that I am there. These are annoying and telling them to go away doesn't work because they can't hear me. Eventually I just pull the blankets up over my ears and force myself to go back to sleep.

The second type would be the non mortal types. They may come in the form of animals, people, or spiritual figures. I usually start to have uncontrolled mental imagry of them while half asleep then as I wake they remain there for a moment for my eyes to see. My other senses may be involved as well if it seems important for me to have that particular sense. These sorts of apparitions are the least frequent. Most of these experiences are positive I've had 2 negitive visitors of the non moral nature and must say that I could do without those for the rest of my life.

The third type is moral types, people... my impression is that they are people who have passed or will soon pass. Any or all of my senses may be involved in these. I hear them often and usually squeeze my eyes closed and force sleep so I don't end up seeing them. If I do see them it's usually when waking up sitting up in bed. They will quite literally just be standing there staring at me, trying to talk to me. They are very aware of me and I of them. Adults try to explain things to me and I can never understand them. Sometimes their moulths move but no sound is heard. Sometimes I hear them but their mouths don't move... weird. The adults I see are usually having some sort of strong emotion behind their motive to speak to me. Most commonly anger or saddness. When children appear they are typically lonely looking. Most of the children I see are desperate for love or help taking some responsibility away from them (such as one young girl who came almost every night for a few weeks wanting me to watch a tiny premature infant she had with her). Some of the children are in distress physically. This is rather hard to absorb. As much as I activly jump out of bed and try to help them a cannot and they eventually dissappear. One little girl that paid me a visit almost 3 years ago dissappeared while I was on the floor attempting to do CPR on her. That one left me totally dissoriented and baffled. it still haunts me.

The forth and most strange to me is the blobby, black, shapeless, flying, thingies. They have the mental and emotional maturity of less than your common house fly but are much more annoying. I haven't had issues with them for quite awhile actually. But, they used to plaigue me at night when I had to walk from my bedroom to the bathroom. I could only see them when it was dark or near dark though. They were see-through and swarmed around me as soon as they noticed I was awake or moving. I'd swat at them like a crazy person while mumbling exactly what I would to a bee that was buzzing around my head.

I always had little corner of the eye stuff during the day. But, it was always just a split second and usually cats... I actually like that. Sometimes people but, again just for a tiny second. But, this recent sighting was right in front of me, I looked directly at him, and it was more than a split second... too long for me to wonder if there was somethign really there. I've been hearing them for longer stretching of time during the day as well. Before it would just be one quick word or statement (which I couldn't understand) and now it's several sentences (that I still can't understand).

Lately I've made a point to tell anyone around when they aren't welcome. If I feel creeped out I just mentally say, "go away, this is my house, you're not invited, leave now." Not sure if it works but so far so good I guess.

Ok, so this was long. I just thought I should better describe what exactly I experience since it is apparent through all of the replies here that everyone has different experiences with different entities. Am I the only one who is completely confused by all of this??

#135 of 141 Old 10-22-2008, 02:49 AM

I have always found the whole thing confusing.

For example, why do I get stuff for other people, or get random idiotic stuff for myself, but on 3 separate occasions I went to work for people who accused me of stealing from them and got no warning at all until right before I was accused??? : Wouldn't it make more sense for me to get a warning like Don't go to work for those whacko UAVs because they'll accuse you of stealing and have no clue who it really is???

In one instance, I got the warning and a distinct don't freak out admonition, so I was like uh, OK? A few weeks later I bumped into one of my former coworkers and found out they had closed up in the dead of night and most everyone else lost their last couple of paychecks because they couldn't cash them. I, on the other hand, had a new job within a couple of days.

I don't get it. Why not avoid the whole situation in the first place?

And then there's this one...I got a warning one day as a friend was about to leave a party at our house and begged him not to leave, because I knew something bad was going to happen. I knew he wasn't legally drunk because he was the person who always watched out to make sure nobody else drove impaired, but I had a bad feeling...he insisted he had to go, couldn't be dissuaded. A few blocks from our house was the entrance to a highway and on the highway was a mysteriously parked dark vehicle in the fast lane with no flares no lights, nothing. No streetlights, and the occupants who later claimed to be undercover policemen were hiding in the ditch waiting for someone to hit it. Our friend was arguing with his wife, something that had been ongoing most of the evening, and probably contributed to him not seeing the vehicle in time to miss it. The situation was bizarre and got weirder, and when he went to court they didn't have to identify themselves, the vehicle didn't exist, it was never identified for his insurance...it was like he wrecked with nothing. They of course claimed they had received a call about a drunk driver and used a breathalyzer as evidence. Well...you can't refute a breathalyzer because there is nothing to retest. You can have blood retested by a second lab because they still have it..air it gone. Ok, so I got a warning, and I tried.

Now, a few weeks ago, my dh has to get up and go to work at 330ish in the morning and I don't have to get up till 5. At about 4 I wake up, but because I take drugs for a sleep disorder, I'm a little groggy (I'm assuming my sleep drugs screw up my psychic receptors?) and not quite sure why I'm awake early, no real 'knowing' like I usually get, but I know I'm awake for a reason, then the phone rings and it's my husband telling me he just drove off a cliff after a dog ran in front of him on wet pavement.

Um....why no warning for this one? For days we're going gee, this psychic stuff is great, isn't it, no little clues that your dh is gonna go sailing off a cliff in the middle of the night? Nothing?

He literally sailed off into the air, went down about 50 feet, landed between 2 other cars that had gone off at other times and been left down there because it's nearly impossible to get them out, and climbed back up out because he had no cell reception down there and was relatively unhurt. The airbags did not go off. : The dome light that has not worked for months suddenly did and that's how he found the flashlight and tools that came flying past his head when the car landed. He said he checked the other 2 cars for bodies, climbed up, double checked to be sure he really was unhurt and then called me. Then he flagged down one of his coworkers going by and went on to work. :

We went by the next day, and there was no sign that a car went off the road. You cannot see from the road that there are cars down there. If he had been hurt or killed we wouldn't have found him for who knows how long. Then he goes to work and one of his coworkers tells him about a guy he knows who swerved to avoid a dog in the road, hit a pole, the dog is fine, but his dog in the car died and he's paralyzed from the neck down.
This week another guy some of his coworkers knew went off the road and was missing for several days before he was found by a roadworker. It happens here because of the way the land is and it scares the out of me to drive at night because some tailgater could send you spinning right off the edge if they hit you.

Now, here's the silver lining...his parents freaked out and wired us money to buy a new car the next day. We have a clunker car and a gas hog truck that we use to haul stuff and they said they didn't want him driving anything unsafe to work in case anything happened again. I can't get over how lucky he is, and I'm completely flabbergasted that they did this...but yk, wheel of fortune came here a few weeks ago and I'd have rather gotten a car that way than had this scare.

So...I'm always left wondering why things happen the way they do and why I get the warnings I do, but the ones I don't get or the ones that come in sideways seem to benefit me/us in a strange way.

I must have been a hellion in a previous life or something....I can't help thinking all the : moments have to be earned somehow.

#136 of 141 Old 10-22-2008, 09:31 AM

QUOTE:
So...I'm always left wondering why things happen the way they do and why I get the warnings I do, but the ones I don't get or the ones that come in sideways seem to benefit me/us in a strange way.

I totally agree! Maybe if I understood the rhyme or reason of what I feel and from whom, this would all be a better thing...Alas, no instruction manual came along with the ability to feel the emotions of other people.

I am trying to work on having control of my receptors, though.

I meditate both as I go to sleep at night and as I shower in the morning to cover myself and my family in a protective white light that will allow me to not be buffetted around by the emotions/fears/turbulence of people I don't even know. This (I think) helps me to hone in on what my actual children are feeling so as to be more responsive to their and my needs.

Always while I meditate someone else comes to mind, so I send them protective energy as well.

I am hopeful that this empathic ability, like other abilities, will become more logical with practice and intention. Not controllable, mind you, how can a person control what they don't fully understand. Just somewhat more predictable and clear.

Of course I don't see apparitions, and even though I sense presences, it's not often. For me it's about the empath stuff -- feeling the emotions and sometimes physical sensations of others. So I need to know how to block those when I need to be present in my own reality. And I need to know how and when to open myself to these sensations in a way that doesn't upend me.

I'm not confused by it all, though. I guess it's because I don't expect it to be logical in the first place, KWIM? Growing up with a grandmother who had 'the gift' of foresight maybe has me in a different place. I understood, even as a child, that grandma was a recipient of information. And with each message, she had to choose whether or not to act on the information given. She knew that she couldn't decide what information to get...but that she could decide what to do afterwards. That she and I talked about from time to time.

She never believed (as far as I know) that she was meant to change what was about to happen -- but rather believed that she was given this information to make herself (and sometimes others) emotionally/spiritually/psychologically ready for what was coming.

I believe that my experiences are coming with a greater frequency because I am open to understanding it all more now. And I think all the little things that are happening are helping me to hone in on what is next...and what I want to do with it.

blessings,

Maryhippie.gif

#137 of 141 Old 10-25-2008, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeyes View Post
I have always found the whole thing confusing.

For example, why do I get stuff for other people, or get random idiotic stuff for myself, but on 3 separate occasions I went to work for people who accused me of stealing from them and got no warning at all until right before I was accused??? : Wouldn't it make more sense for me to get a warning like Don't go to work for those whacko UAVs because they'll accuse you of stealing and have no clue who it really is???

In one instance, I got the warning and a distinct don't freak out admonition, so I was like uh, OK? A few weeks later I bumped into one of my former coworkers and found out they had closed up in the dead of night and most everyone else lost their last couple of paychecks because they couldn't cash them. I, on the other hand, had a new job within a couple of days.

I don't get it. Why not avoid the whole situation in the first place?

And then there's this one...I got a warning one day as a friend was about to leave a party at our house and begged him not to leave, because I knew something bad was going to happen. I knew he wasn't legally drunk because he was the person who always watched out to make sure nobody else drove impaired, but I had a bad feeling...he insisted he had to go, couldn't be dissuaded. A few blocks from our house was the entrance to a highway and on the highway was a mysteriously parked dark vehicle in the fast lane with no flares no lights, nothing. No streetlights, and the occupants who later claimed to be undercover policemen were hiding in the ditch waiting for someone to hit it. Our friend was arguing with his wife, something that had been ongoing most of the evening, and probably contributed to him not seeing the vehicle in time to miss it. The situation was bizarre and got weirder, and when he went to court they didn't have to identify themselves, the vehicle didn't exist, it was never identified for his insurance...it was like he wrecked with nothing. They of course claimed they had received a call about a drunk driver and used a breathalyzer as evidence. Well...you can't refute a breathalyzer because there is nothing to retest. You can have blood retested by a second lab because they still have it..air it gone. Ok, so I got a warning, and I tried.

Now, a few weeks ago, my dh has to get up and go to work at 330ish in the morning and I don't have to get up till 5. At about 4 I wake up, but because I take drugs for a sleep disorder, I'm a little groggy (I'm assuming my sleep drugs screw up my psychic receptors?) and not quite sure why I'm awake early, no real 'knowing' like I usually get, but I know I'm awake for a reason, then the phone rings and it's my husband telling me he just drove off a cliff after a dog ran in front of him on wet pavement.

Um....why no warning for this one? For days we're going gee, this psychic stuff is great, isn't it, no little clues that your dh is gonna go sailing off a cliff in the middle of the night? Nothing?

He literally sailed off into the air, went down about 50 feet, landed between 2 other cars that had gone off at other times and been left down there because it's nearly impossible to get them out, and climbed back up out because he had no cell reception down there and was relatively unhurt. The airbags did not go off. : The dome light that has not worked for months suddenly did and that's how he found the flashlight and tools that came flying past his head when the car landed. He said he checked the other 2 cars for bodies, climbed up, double checked to be sure he really was unhurt and then called me. Then he flagged down one of his coworkers going by and went on to work. :

We went by the next day, and there was no sign that a car went off the road. You cannot see from the road that there are cars down there. If he had been hurt or killed we wouldn't have found him for who knows how long. Then he goes to work and one of his coworkers tells him about a guy he knows who swerved to avoid a dog in the road, hit a pole, the dog is fine, but his dog in the car died and he's paralyzed from the neck down.
This week another guy some of his coworkers knew went off the road and was missing for several days before he was found by a roadworker. It happens here because of the way the land is and it scares the out of me to drive at night because some tailgater could send you spinning right off the edge if they hit you.

Now, here's the silver lining...his parents freaked out and wired us money to buy a new car the next day. We have a clunker car and a gas hog truck that we use to haul stuff and they said they didn't want him driving anything unsafe to work in case anything happened again. I can't get over how lucky he is, and I'm completely flabbergasted that they did this...but yk, wheel of fortune came here a few weeks ago and I'd have rather gotten a car that way than had this scare.

I must have been a hellion in a previous life or something....I can't help thinking all the : moments have to be earned somehow.
I get a little uneasy about warnings. I don't get them often so I guess I worry that if I do get a warning it must be somethign serious that is going to happen. So I try my best to ignore them. Typically I will get a really weird and bad feeling (like Im going to puke) or feel weird and "off" all day. I guess it doesn't happen to me enough for me to really feel out what its about exactly. Just kind of a wait and see sort of thing.

that is a scary story about your hubby! thank goodness hes ok!! that would just freak my cookies knowing i knew that stuff before it happened. you must be pretty good at dealing with it as it sounds like it happens to you quite a bit. at least with the job incident it gave you some time to sort stuff out before it all blew up. Do you get these warnings about random strangers or just people close to you that effect your life in some way?

oh and I'd also suggest sending letters to whom ever is in charge of the roads in your city or county to get at least some sturdy gaurd rails up. Maybe send some pics of the numerous cars piled up down there!

#138 of 141 Old 10-25-2008, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post

I totally agree! Maybe if I understood the rhyme or reason of what I feel and from whom, this would all be a better thing...Alas, no instruction manual came along with the ability to feel the emotions of other people.

I am trying to work on having control of my receptors, though.

I meditate both as I go to sleep at night and as I shower in the morning to cover myself and my family in a protective white light that will allow me to not be buffetted around by the emotions/fears/turbulence of people I don't even know. This (I think) helps me to hone in on what my actual children are feeling so as to be more responsive to their and my needs.

Always while I meditate someone else comes to mind, so I send them protective energy as well.

I am hopeful that this empathic ability, like other abilities, will become more logical with practice and intention. Not controllable, mind you, how can a person control what they don't fully understand. Just somewhat more predictable and clear.

Of course I don't see apparitions, and even though I sense presences, it's not often. For me it's about the empath stuff -- feeling the emotions and sometimes physical sensations of others. So I need to know how to block those when I need to be present in my own reality. And I need to know how and when to open myself to these sensations in a way that doesn't upend me.

I'm not confused by it all, though. I guess it's because I don't expect it to be logical in the first place, KWIM? Growing up with a grandmother who had 'the gift' of foresight maybe has me in a different place. I understood, even as a child, that grandma was a recipient of information. And with each message, she had to choose whether or not to act on the information given. She knew that she couldn't decide what information to get...but that she could decide what to do afterwards. That she and I talked about from time to time.

She never believed (as far as I know) that she was meant to change what was about to happen -- but rather believed that she was given this information to make herself (and sometimes others) emotionally/spiritually/psychologically ready for what was coming.

I believe that my experiences are coming with a greater frequency because I am open to understanding it all more now. And I think all the little things that are happening are helping me to hone in on what is next...and what I want to do with it.

blessings,
I too believe things are happening to me with more frequency and intensity because I'm beginning to actually believe it and wrap my mind around it a tiny bit. I didn't grow up around or know, or even currently know anyone IRL who has any of the weird abilities that I do or at least anyone who talks about them. So I'm kind of a loner on this one. There are people in my life I can share this stuff with, just none that understand it from experience. I'd love to know someone who could sort of show me the ropes in person. I'd actually like to do something productive with all of this.

I guess my issue is that I seem to have been stuck with so much all at once. I see, hear, sense, feel, people who have passed. I have visions of religous and historical figures that I can actually see with my eyes and hear with my ears (try explaining that to a highly religous person who believes such a thing is simply impossible!), I'm empathic in such a way that I not only pick up on peoples emotions and physical ailment but actually end up suffering from them as well, I sometimes have prophetic dreams, I also have visions in dreams and signs, and I see flashes of crimes in my mind when I happen upon a particularly creepy indivual in public (that one is really disturbing to say the least)... and I think the list even goes on from there.

The part that confuses me isn't the situations themselves but how to figure them out and what to do with them. If it were just one thing then ok... or if it was preminitions I think I could deal with that. But, thats because like you said you can see a purpose... not to stop something but to be able to prepare for it... what does seeing a dead person in your bedroom do to benifit anyone if you can't understand them, dont know who they are, and are unable to commmunicate with them appropriatly YK. this is especially difficult when I KNOW there is a reason for it and I just can't figure it out, when I KNOW I'm supposed to do something positive with this stuff but, I can't find an avenue... grrrrrrr.

#139 of 141 Old 10-26-2008, 09:40 AM

Ok, I've been dying to post here, but never really felt I had the 'right' to do so. I've had prophetic dreams before and usually have bad feelings before something goes wrong. My whole family has them, grandma, mom, aunt, sister (all the women, that is). Anyways, I've been having this really weird thing happen to me all the time. I think I'm somehow projecting thoughts! Is this even possible??? At first I thought my husband was psychic, like reading my mind. Now my dog does it, so does my 2 year old dd. Friends will say things that I have just been thinking. People will call within a day of me thinking about them (like long distance kind of friends). If I think about giving my dog a treat she will come over practically salivating and head to the cabinet where I keep her treats. My dd will ask for the exact movie I was just thinking about.

It's so weird. At first, I was not really putting that much effort into thinking about it, like it was just a bunch of weird coincidences. Then I thought my dh was psychic. But it happens so much now that I am beginning to get freaked out by it! Am I imagining this?

ETA: I used to be a massage therapist and know about energy projection, but that usually involves touching someone....at least for mt's

Also something I thought of that my dh says I am completely wacko about: I refuse to talk about car crashes/plane crashes, bad accidents, things like that because in my experience every time I 'say those words' they happen. One time I literally said to someone, man it's been a long time since I've been in a car accident and by the end of the week I had totaled my car.

Living Simply and Enjoying Life
#140 of 141 Old 10-26-2008, 04:16 PM

tumbling star, my dh does what you do, he'll say something and it will happen.
Between the 2 of us, we finish sentences for each other, constantly call to talk about what the other one was just thinking about, and so on.

The communication thing is such a habit we get kind of irritated at each other when we don't just know what the other one is thinking or needs done at a given moment. I don't know how we switch back and forth from remembering to tell the kids to do things and the nonverbal communication with each other, but we do.

#141 of 141 Old 10-28-2008, 03:14 PM

I believe I fall into the woo-woo catagory....I am an intuitive empath and I practice Polarity Therapy...haven't read all the replies, though I think I could hang w/ this group...

True Love is here....to stay!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page