Whats the big deal about signing the no-vax paper at the dr? And why no blood tests? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
Know Your Rights > Whats the big deal about signing the no-vax paper at the dr? And why no blood tests?
pilesoflaundry's Avatar pilesoflaundry 06:48 PM 06-07-2004
I was only asked to sign the form after stating I was refusing all vaxes. When I only mentioned delaying I wasn't asked to sign anything. I shouldn't have signed but at the time I was just glad they didn't give me too much of a hard time. It said my doctor discussed vaccinations with me and that I still am refusing their recommended medical treatment and that I know all risks of refusing said treatment.

It's a standard fill in the blank medical treatment refusal form. If I refused stitches it would say I refused stitches after my doc discussed it with me where it said vax.

As for blood tests I'm ok with medically necessary ones but if the doc just feels like running a cbc I'm against it for discomfort of my child.

anythingelse's Avatar anythingelse 05:15 AM 06-08-2004
don't use a pediatrician, use a family doctor close to retirement
part of the ped's training is to ask and push vax, an older family dr will not have had that training and will have seen enough patients come and go they will have seen kids live through chicken pox KWIM???

ask a chiropractor to reccomend one to you
Mommy To Baby Roni's Avatar Mommy To Baby Roni 05:01 AM 06-09-2004
The AAP website suggests that this form should be used as a tool to for the doctor to convince parents TO vaccinate. Here is the form, copyrighted 2002, and the suggestions of the AAP to physicians.
Current AAP refusal form

Dr's can print it right from the site or order pads from the AAP. :
Order Your Pad Today

Besides the "I understand I'm endagering my child" statement, this also bothers me...
Quote:
My child's health care provider, has advised me that my child (named above) should receive the following vaccines:
It doesn't say "my dr had advised me the AAP, CDC, etc recommends my child receive these vaccines". It says I have been told my child SHOULD receive these vaccines, I understand that, yet am refusing anyway. Luckily, my DD's ped has not yet asked us to sign one, though she mentioned it in the prenatal appt (18 mos ago).

Secondly, how many of you have been given the CDC's Vaccine Information Sheet? I never have. And, the time the nurse tried vaxing DD, she came with a tray of needles, without me given any info in advance.
AmandasMom's Avatar AmandasMom 12:37 PM 06-09-2004
I agree with Vanna. I have never taken dd to a pediatrician and won't take the next one either. It took some searching, but I found a family practice MD who practices both conventional AND alternative medicine. NO AAP posters on his walls! If you are around nashville and looking for a doc, his website is http://www.pmpc.net/ . He's the only doc there, so he is who you will see every time
1  2

Up