Example Religious Affidavit - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-02-2004, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here is an example of a religious exemption I made up a few months ago. This one uses the Georgia Code as an example.

An Example Affidavit

-First copy & paste the code from your state. Example follows:

[Education, Part III, Health, Ga. Code Ann. 20-2-771. Rules of Department of Human Resources Public Health, Ga. Comp. R. & Regs.§ 290-5-4-. 01 to .09.]

-Then copy & paste the section that pertains to religious exemption. Example:

[A child may be exempted on religious grounds if a parent furnishes an affidavit swearing that the immunization required conflicts with the religious beliefs of the parent. The immunization may be required in cases when such disease is in epidemic stages. GCA § 20-2-771(e). Religious belief in divine healing through faith not to excuse refusal to have children vaccinated. son v. State, 84 Ga. App. 259, 65 S.E. 2d 848 (1951).]

-Then continue with the following:

Pursuant to the aforementioned (insert above code), I, the undersigned, declare the immunization requirements as set forth in ( insert same code) contrary to my bona fide religious beliefs and request, as permitted by the law, an exemption from the immunization requirements of your institution for myself or the undersigned minor child under my legal care or guardianship.

NAME ______________________________________

SIGNATURE__________________________________

ADDRESS____________________________________

PHONE_____________________________________

DATE_______________________________________

___ Check here if declaring exemption for a minor child and enter child's name below.

MINOR CHILD'S NAME _________________________________________

ADDRESS______________________________________

PHONE_________________________________________

DATE___________________________________________

**A nice, professional looking affidavit. BTW, they are not allowed to ask your religion.

**This can be copied to Wordpad & edited to your needs.
#2 of 3 Old 11-02-2004, 06:12 PM

Thanks for the template!!!
#3 of 3 Old 11-02-2004, 07:30 PM

I love that template. Very professional looking.

Missouri has an index card that I picked up at the health department. I am supposing I need to file it with someone....but have kept them for my personal files. I got a couple of funny looks when I requested "religious exemption immunization cards" but they were handed over with no fuss. I was picking some up for a friend as well so I needed five cards. Maybe it was the total amount of cards that got me the funny look to begin with.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page