Anyone out there still love Dubya? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 67 Old 05-17-2003, 03:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dear Persian "Peace" - Sohj

I found you analysis very interesting, and it explains why I've wanted to live in the New England area for so long!
#62 of 67 Old 05-20-2003, 10:06 AM

Oh yeah, He's just keen.
I'm not sure what I love more, his diplomatic policy of bombing a sovereign nation and killing and maiming innocent children, and starting a new cold war (for the benefit of big oil companies, armaments manufacturers, and post-war rebuilding firms), or his environmental policies which rape old-growth forests and drill for oil in Alaska (for the benefit of big oil companies), or his domestic policies which gutted education, healthcare, social services, women's rights, privacy, habeas corpus, veteran's benefits, and ironically homeland security, (for the benefit of big insurance, oil companies and a few fat-cat a$$holes who couldn't care less about any of the things that matter to thinking people, or even stupid ones for that matter.)

Yeah, he's a real peach!!
#63 of 67 Old 05-20-2003, 10:30 AM

Quote:
To me, in my, I suppose, naive, stuck in a rut (or MUD as it is still spring) New England conservative way, Republicans should have a bit of nobless oblige. That implies, however patronizing it may be, a bit of feeling responsibility for those less fortunate than ourselves. Shrub does not have this. In general, New England Republicans see/saw the wisdom in funding education. He doesn't see that.
ITA, sohj! At least GHW Bush had an instilled sense of public service for the sake of public service, but even now I think he's become cynical and is out for what he can get. Shrub grew up in natural-gas-fragrant Midland ("smells like money" is what the residents say) with no sense of obligation, just a party boy. His personal history tells that whole story. He has never done anything that didn't benefit himself, IMO. I think he might be a narcissist.
#64 of 67 Old 05-20-2003, 10:38 AM

Yeah, whatever happened to Noblesse Oblige anyhow?

Just wondering...Joyce in the mts.

CD Labor/Postpartum (MSTM), Doula trainer (BAI), Midwifery Student/Apprentice, CPS Tech
#65 of 67 Old 05-20-2003, 03:36 PM

"Yeah, whatever happened to Noblesse Oblige anyhow?

Just wondering...Joyce in the mts."

Not sure. Maybe it is a fantasy: that it ever existed. I know that I was raised with it as part of the ideal. I've got some good references on the topic, but that is for another thread. (Yup, I've actually given this some thought. I do tend to dwell on all kinds of pie-in-the-sky stuff. )
#66 of 67 Old 05-23-2003, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Arduinna
yep love his:

Jobs before the enviroment policy....
Jobs? What jobs?

No jobs here. All his cronies have taken the jobs to the maquilladora zones.

So, no work and no environment.
#67 of 67 Old 05-24-2003, 03:09 PM

I love the "war on terrorism" !! Which seems to be to declare a war on any party NOT responsible for the acts of terror against our country! Which has the undesirable side effect of spawning brand new terrorists and enemies all over the world!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page