Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Yikes, living w/ my ILs!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL Too funny!
* "When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world and you knew exactly who they were. It was us versus them and it was clear who them was. Today we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there." -- Texas Gov. George W. Bush, presidential candidate.
* "Food on the family." -- George W. Bush listing one of the priorities of his future administration.
* "This is Preservation month. I appreciate preservation. This is what you do when you run for president. You've got to preserve." -- George W. Bush to several hundred children at an elementary school in Nashua that was celebrating what it called Perseverance Month (not Preservation Month).
* "Is your children learning?" -- George W. Bush on education.
* "Some people have too much freedom." -- George W. Bush
* "The Grecians." -- George W. Bush on Greek people.
* "What I'm against is quotas. I'm against hard quotas, quotas that basically delineate based upon whatever. However they delineate, quotas, I think, vulcanize society." -- George W. Bush, meaning to say "balkanize," not "vulcanize" -- we think -- and something about quotas (Austin American-Statesman 3/23/99).
* "Sitting down and reading a 500-page book on public policy or philosophy or something." -- George W. Bush when asked to name something he isn't good at (Talk magazine, September 1999).
* "Please! Don't kill me." -- George W. Bush to Larry King, mocking what Karla Faye Tucker said when asked "What would you say to Governor Bush?" prior to her execution by lethal injection (as reported by Talk magazine, September 1999).
* "Tell them I have learned from mistakes I may or may not have made." -- George W. Bush
2000 "Jeb's the smart one" -- George Bush Sr. to dinner partner
I wish i could remember where I put some of the funny Dan Quayle quotes I used to have. Anyone?