Mothering Forum banner

If you don't already hate Nestle enough....

9K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  sadie_sabot 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Quote:
It says the original Poland Spring has not flowed for more than 35 years and the actual sources of the water -- some of which are 30 miles away -- depend on man-made wells that draw more than 6 million gallons of water a year.

Nestle is also accused of falsely advertising Poland Spring as "naturally purified" or "spring water" because the water does not meet the scientific definition for spring water.

Quote:
Nestle Waters North America Inc. says on its Web site that it is the largest bottled water company in the United States, with brands including Calistoga, Ozarka and Deer Park in its portfolio.
I think that says enough! As Hilary says, they have no conscience about their formula promotions, so why should they feel differently about water or anything else for that matter!?!

#10 ·
What's more--Poland Spring is only an hour away from us, and we have friends living there--Nestle is pulling the water from the deep aquifers beneath the town, literally draining them. Yet the townspeople have had to live through 4 years of dry wells and not one gosh darn donation of water has been made on Nestle's part. The town is fighting this saying they own the aquifers but Nestle claims they own them. It's outrageous.

Just a basically uneducated recommendation--I have no idea if they are owned by an evil cooperation--but Glaceau water is very good.

#11 ·
We are saving money and not contributing to water depletion by using an undersink triple-filtration system. It's so nice to be able to get filtered water out of the sink - no bottles! And although you have to buy replacement filters, it's cheaper than water delivery service or buying smaller bottles.

May all Nestle executives rot in hell....

#13 ·
funny, just today at work i was paying the bottled water bill (we get it delivered) and i noticed that Back Mountain Spring Water is actually owned by Nestle. We used to get Arrowhead water, which was bought out by Black mountain, which i now discoverr is nestle. My boss said he'd tried to find a water company that wsn't Nestle owned to deliver to our office and couldn't.

Ahhh, the free market.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.