10 Appalling Lies We Were Told About Iraq - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-29-2003, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/062903G.shtml

CD Labor/Postpartum (MSTM), Doula trainer (BAI), Midwifery Student/Apprentice, CPS Tech
#2 of 6 Old 06-29-2003, 11:50 PM

Interesting article.

But, isn't it common place to site where you got your facts? The author of this article did not. I searched the entire site to try and find out what truthout.com is all about and where they get their info, and all I found was they are run by 8 people and they need our donations. And, for your convinience you can donate through credit card right to their site!

So, I did a search over the internet and it seems there are as many people who are debunking truthout as there are politicians that truthout is blowing the wistle on. To me, it seems they are some kind of 'middle man' for Democratic or Green Party contributions...at least that is my feeling.

See this article if you want: http://www.flashpoints.net/truthout.html

I guess I need to know and trust an orgainzation before I blindly beleive what they tell me. Call me ignorant, but I do trust our government....at least so much as to make good decisions in our country's best interest. Sure, we may not always understand the in's and out's of WHY that decision, mostly in the interest of national security....but still, I trust them. I also trust the news media networks (like Fox News) who don't ask me for money!
#3 of 6 Old 06-30-2003, 12:04 AM

Here is where the article was originally published. -

http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=16274

Truthout gets their articles from various media sources. When viewing any article at truthout there is a sentence-"go to original" at the top of the page. If you click on this you can see the original source.
#4 of 6 Old 06-30-2003, 12:38 AM

Safemommy, truthout askes for $$ because it's self supporting, much like PBS. And, unlike Fox news...
#5 of 6 Old 06-30-2003, 01:23 AM

#6 of 6 Old 06-30-2003, 08:42 AM

Quote:
truthout askes for $$ because it's self supporting, much like PBS. And, unlike Fox news...

Thanks for all the links supporting those statements...I didn't need really them, I knew about all the self-serving lies this sorry administration has shoved dow Americans' throat. But they are surely great to see!

Ilaria mamma to Owen, Caroline & Patrick .... loving life as expats in Asia intactlact.gifnovaxnocirc.gifuc.jpgnamaste.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page