I am leaving this nutty butted state - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 08-08-2003, 04:25 AM - Thread Starter
pie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That is it, I am outta here. California eat my dirt.
#2 of 19 Old 08-08-2003, 04:54 AM
dlb

Location: between the silence of the mountains, and the crashing of the sea....
Hey you, why are you up? Shouldn't you be getting some rest? (like I should talk, here I am up as well)

At least you'll get away from the governatorial (is that even a real word?) campaign over there.

dlb
#3 of 19 Old 08-08-2003, 04:58 AM - Thread Starter
pie

I should go to bed huh!

Well I think it's gubernatorial? But it should be spelled GOOBERnatorial here in splitpersonalityville.
#4 of 19 Old 08-08-2003, 09:54 AM

The recall election is pissing me off too and I don't even live there. How much of a joke is this whole thing when Arnold Swartzeneger announces that he's going to run on the Jay Leno Show? What the heck has happened to this country?!?
#5 of 19 Old 08-08-2003, 11:10 AM

UGH!!! Don't remind me...I am moving there in 3 weeks.

Didn't Diane Feinstein say this is "looking more like a carnival every day..." Hmmm, I wonder if any Green Party candidates are running

I read a good editorial from a CONSERVATIVE writer who said that the Elephants are making a big mistake with this one....going to come back to bite them in their big grey butts. Even the White House wants to pretend it isn't happening.

Anyway, Pie, I hate to break it to ya but I hear the politics where you're going ain't much better
#6 of 19 Old 08-08-2003, 11:41 AM

It saddens me the way this recall is costing the state millions...
#7 of 19 Old 08-08-2003, 11:59 AM

I think it's nutty butted everywhere at this point. Let's see my state has raised property taxes, sales taxes, "sin tax" of 3.00 a bottle for hard alcohol, a new 10% tax on concert tickets and the water rates just went up almost 30%, electicity also was raised . The local courts just gave 3 years probation to a convicted child molestor and we have a cop in trouble for taking a 10K "loan" from a local strip club owner.

yeah it's nutty here too.
#8 of 19 Old 08-08-2003, 07:20 PM

According to the head of the CA DNC. Too bad you want to leave, I don't blame you. Maybe in a few days you won't feel as bad.
#9 of 19 Old 08-08-2003, 08:28 PM

Where are you going and why do you need rest?? I can hardly ever check in due to kids and work. I think I have missed something?? We haven't been communicating as of late! Whats up?? You aren't really leaving Cali?? Are you?? I can certainly understand you wanting to..........

: marg
#10 of 19 Old 08-08-2003, 09:10 PM

Ya, Ya!!! Heard this before About that election. HMM! Arnold- Guess I'll have to watch Oprah for his political agenda! This recall is crazy and it has only begun.Good thing your leaving -hope they don't hit you with the "Sin Tax" Mamapie!
#11 of 19 Old 08-09-2003, 12:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by mamapie
That is it, I am outta here.
Run Forest!!! RUN!!!!!
#12 of 19 Old 08-09-2003, 01:12 AM

I also heard that Gary Coleman from the 70's show Different strokes was running as well as a Hooker, Larry Flint and the Comedian Gallager
#13 of 19 Old 08-09-2003, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter
pie

It is just totally embarrasing.

Of course, the state I am MOVING to has legalized prostitution. I saw a billboard that said "Seven Deadly Sins, One Convenient Location"

And as far as conservative being upset that illegal aliens in California can have drivers licenses now, wouldn't that be a good thing for anti illegal alien types? Because wouldn't the driver's license help track em down???

Bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do whatcha gonna do when they come for you
#14 of 19 Old 08-09-2003, 02:35 AM - Thread Starter
pie

oh marg I am sorry, I missed half these posts somehow. Yeah we are moving back to my hometown.
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Las Vegas, baby.

We bought a fabulous little yuppie house in the nicest possible neighborhood, with all kinds of unbelievable amenities, the best schools, etc, for a price that seems so low to my used to half a million dollar valued thousand square foot townhome selves. We are just sick of renting. All the gold in California is in a bank in the middle of Beverly Hills in somebody else's name.

I will be seeking work as a civil servant, btw. LOL and I teased your dh about that.

Oh Deirdre I sure know the politics in NV are sick and wrong. But at least I can afford to live in Hell.

Actually it's so cool there. Except in the summer. I love the desert. I am 100% born and bred for a year and a half but not bred for fifteen years because I was raised all over the US and then bred there again for ten years Vegas baby. Except I didn't actually live in Vegas for five of those years. I have been in Cali for six years now and man if I never felt like I belonged anywhere it was here at the beach in Disney county.

Bye bye Disneyland, hello Mirage.

I just feel bad for dh. He is going to have to work outside at first until he gets his cushy hospital work accounts lined up

But Spanky is starting special ed pre-school and he will be starting it off in the very best public school around. They don't even have slot machines.
#15 of 19 Old 08-09-2003, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter
pie

oh our house has a pomegranate tree, a fig tree, champagne grapes and a double stairway. I feel like I am moving to freaking Tara or something.

Oh and we bought on a little cul de sac and tons of kids live there and it's even greener than my Cali neighborhood. Don't you love how the West wastes water?

I am going to get a big bumper sticker that says Yuppie Scum Sellout from Hell
#16 of 19 Old 08-09-2003, 06:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by mamapie

I am going to get a big bumper sticker that says Yuppie Scum Sellout from Hell
I'll pitch in for that.
#17 of 19 Old 08-09-2003, 03:17 PM

Oh mamapie, welcome to "sell-out" yuppieville USA! The things we do for our kids, huh!?!
#18 of 19 Old 08-09-2003, 04:37 PM

OOOPS! Double post!
#19 of 19 Old 08-09-2003, 04:39 PM

O great, now I have one more thing I have to pray for...that the Colorado River doesn't dry up and leave all those Las Vegans mummified.

Who knows? We may follow you there, Las Vegas enrolls 27,000 NEW students a year requiring the hiring of 1600 new teachers. It looks like the place to go if you need a teaching job.

Anyway, missy poo, I FULLY expect to hear about your shaking things up over there at the test site, especially with all the "nuculear" talk the Bushie boy has been doing....

Hasta Luego!!!!!!!!!

Deirdre

PS -I am outta here for a while too....my dh is going to UNPLUG me from my computer today so he can pack it
Hmmm, I wonder what else I can do to avoid having to pack.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page