Link to a poll on corporal punishment in schools - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-18-2003, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.nbc5i.com/education/2408537/detail.html

I got this link through the natural child project news letter and I thought some of you might be interested. There is also an article on a new mandate in the Dallas school systems that requires parents permision to spank a child.

The poll, on whether corporal punishment should be allowed in the schools,curently stands at 540 (35%) for and 1014 (65%) against.

MM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-19-2003, 04:04 PM

I voted that corporal punishment should not be allowed in schools. Can you imagine this even being an issue if it were adults being hit instead of children? Can you imagine a corporal-punishment-in-the-workplace poll? "Should employees be allowed to hit their workers?"

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#3 of 5 Old 08-20-2003, 09:24 AM

Location: Chester County, PA, but I'd rather run free amongst the sheep
I can't even imagine someone physically punishing MY CHILD. We're a gentle discipline family, and if I feel that strongly about swatting my DS myself, I think I'd go absolutely ballistic if someone else tried it.
#4 of 5 Old 08-20-2003, 12:15 PM
Banned

I know it's a bit ironic but if someone hit one of my children I would be hard pressed not to knock them out (if you know what I mean)

Veggiewolf, I don't think you need to worry I think the schools in PA don't hit children (public) but in the south (most notibly Texas) they still use corporal punishment.

I can't even imgaine.

DB
#5 of 5 Old 08-20-2003, 03:59 PM

Location: Chester County, PA, but I'd rather run free amongst the sheep
Quote:
Originally posted by DebraBaker
Veggiewolf, I don't think you need to worry I think the schools in PA don't hit children (public) but in the south (most notibly Texas) they still use corporal punishment.

I can't even imgaine.

DB
I know that they had it in PA when I was young, because my mother refused to give permission for them to use it on either my brothers or myself, and she was a mainstream parent!

I'm glad they don't now, so they don't have tons of raging Mommies storming the school.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page