Mothering Forum banner

Link to a poll on corporal punishment in schools

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  veggiewolf 
#1 ·
http://www.nbc5i.com/education/2408537/detail.html

I got this link through the natural child project news letter and I thought some of you might be interested. There is also an article on a new mandate in the Dallas school systems that requires parents permision to spank a child.

The poll, on whether corporal punishment should be allowed in the schools,curently stands at 540 (35%) for and 1014 (65%) against.

MM

#2 ·
I voted that corporal punishment should not be allowed in schools. Can you imagine this even being an issue if it were adults being hit instead of children? Can you imagine a corporal-punishment-in-the-workplace poll? "Should employees be allowed to hit their workers?"

#4 ·
I know it's a bit ironic but if someone hit one of my children I would be hard pressed not to knock them out (if you know what I mean)

Veggiewolf, I don't think you need to worry I think the schools in PA don't hit children (public) but in the south (most notibly Texas) they still use corporal punishment.

I can't even imgaine.

DB

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by DebraBaker
Veggiewolf, I don't think you need to worry I think the schools in PA don't hit children (public) but in the south (most notibly Texas) they still use corporal punishment.

I can't even imgaine.

DB
I know that they had it in PA when I was young, because my mother refused to give permission for them to use it on either my brothers or myself, and she was a mainstream parent!

I'm glad they don't now, so they don't have tons of raging Mommies storming the school.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.