Heterosexual privilege - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 10-13-2004, 11:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, I read the first page of this thread and felt so lucky that as a lesbian in Massachusetts I can be legally MARRIED to my true love. I have never received any flack about it, save one person(my mother ). Then I read the 2nd page....

I have a serious problem with the post about how if the whole world were gay the population would die out. First of all most gays WANT children, and secondly, there would still be men and there would still be women, even if the men were "making it" in a cup, babies would still(and have still) been made.

I hope to have a HUGE family with my WIFE. Probably 6-10 kids, no risk of population dying out here...

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#32 of 34 Old 10-14-2004, 01:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It is so awesome to read posts from so many people that care so much about people eventhough they are different than them. Kudos to all!!!!

Big Jim
#33 of 34 Old 08-02-2005, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal
Not to play my own sad violin. But even a heterosexual single mother gets treated like shit in this day and age. I know I may word that harshly, but it's totally appropriate.

When I got pregnant - I had no idea people would exclude me from their groups, disown me as family and friend, stop inviting me to dinner, pretend they don't know me anymore, pretend my daughter doesn't exist, assume I am an uneducated ghetto welfare mama, refuse me housing, refuse me work, and decide not to date me because I am a single mom. There is no doubt taht married hetereos have it all - and you should savor it kids.

It's been a real eye opener.
I know, it's a BIG rift in my area too. The way the people in the Hospital started treating me when they found out that I wasen't married, it opened my eyes. You're Automaticly Stupid and just trouble.
#34 of 34 Old 01-07-2006, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kama'aina mama
People don't speculate in disgusted tones about which sexual practices we prefer or who takes "which" position. (Well, maybe they do... but probably not as a matter of course!)
Don't you mean, "as a matter of intercourse"? Yuc yuc...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page