Forum Jump: 

Old 10-07-2003, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/07/po...rint&position=

Quote:
President Bush said today that investigators may be unable to find out who disclosed the identity of a Central Intelligence Agency officer.

"I have no idea whether we'll find out who the leaker is, partially because, in all due respect to your profession, you do a very good job of protecting the leakers," Mr. Bush told reporters after meeting with his Cabinet.

Mr. Bush said Washington is a city "where a lot of people leak, and I've constantly expressed my displeasure with leaks, particularly leaks of classified information."
Gee, it's no big deal, eh? I mean, if you're a CIA agent and your spouse incurs the ire of the Administration, you're fair game, no? Geez, Plame should've told her husband to keep his biig mouth shut, and none of this would've happened!!

Quote:
The White House ... has said that Mr. Rove was not behind the leak. It has also ruled out I. Lewis Libby, Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, and Elliott Abrams, director of Mideast affairs at the National Security Council.

The White House spokesman, Scott McClellan, told reporters today he had spoken personally with those three staff members "so that I could come back to you and say that they were not involved."
Oh, they personally say they weren't involved, so I guess they must be telling the truth. Gee, we should use that generally as our method of investigating potential wrongdoing! And it would sure speed up criminal trials! I mean, people always tell the truth, right?

Right???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2003, 10:28 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if Elliot Abrams was involved. He certainly did enough reprehensible deeds for Reagan in the 1980's.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:49 PM

Bush 41 campaign, getting him fired, Rove also was in trouble as a college dropout for using an alias, getting into a rival campaign office, stealing letterhead and sending out findraising letters promising beer, a big party and lots of girls for a good time.

I still think this has Rove written all over it.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:59 PM

edited out a tasteless joke

User Tag List