Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-08-2003, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
From Boston.com:
White House drug czar recommends drug testing in schools

Quote:
BOSTON (AP) President Bush's drug czar told New England governors Wednesday that drug testing in schools would be an effective way to combat what is a growing problem of drug use among young people, especially in the Northeast.
An effective way of decreasing the number of kids in pubilc schools, I would think. Sad thing is, this type of program would disproportionately affect lower-income people who can't afford to have one parent homeschool or send their kids to private schools.

(Okay, I've got more thoughts on this, but my 18-month-old is screaming at me.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-08-2003, 11:23 PM

"

"

That is me being speechless. Exactly how will this help. Well, it might push more poeple to homeschool : Will the powers that be ever be willing to admit that the "war on drugs" is not about helping anyone?

Kay

#3 of 5 Old 10-08-2003, 11:33 PM

I think it will make a lot more kids just drop out of high school. Although there are some kids who do drugs with awesome, involved parents, I think most kids who get into that are lacking support already. How exactly is treating the entire school population as if they are guilty going to help. It's a sad, sad time and we are losing our freedoms quicker every day.
#4 of 5 Old 10-08-2003, 11:47 PM

oops, double post
#5 of 5 Old 10-08-2003, 11:49 PM

My reply to this ignorant little man would be, ok, test the kids, but first you would have to mandate frequent random testing of all politicians and CEOs. Afterall, the students are private citizens, the politicians are public servants , and the CEOs, well, they are usually exempt while all the "peons" (pun intended) must submit their bodily fluids for scrutiny. And I must say, I have known a few heads of companies, bunch of hypocritical coke heads they are.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page