December Pagan Families Circle - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy December! Wishing it's a good month for all of us.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#2 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Redveg- Glad you're in a better place!

#3 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 09:48 AM

Thanks DOK. How is your little guy doing?

December Rocks!! Love this month!

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#4 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

I gave ds a bath last night. It was VERY difficult trying to keep his brace dry and out of the water. (yes, I put a bag on his arm).
His wrist was a bit sore last night. I'll be calling the hospital (cast clinic) this morning to see if we can get an appt today.
(Thanks for asking!)

#5 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I gave ds a bath last night. It was VERY difficult trying to keep his brace dry and out of the water. (yes, I put a bag on his arm).
His wrist was a bit sore last night. I'll be calling the hospital (cast clinic) this morning to see if we can get an appt today.
(Thanks for asking!)
Poor little guy. I hope he heals quickly!

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#6 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
(Thanks for asking!)
Good luck getting in at the hospital and I hope he doesn't go too insane with the cast on.. I know it'd drive ME nuts : Bonus points though, at his age they heal pretty quickly! Unlike us old farts who would have a cast on forevahhhh.

Connor seemed over our horrible morning by the time dad got home at 1... he ran around decorating the house with a single peice of garland (the same one.. relocated a zillion times apparently... put on the monitor, the door knob, the ceiling fan wall switch lol) and he and I had a big cuddle before he went to bed. I think he & I need a little rebonding time, might get dad to keep the other two home tomorrow afternoon & do a little christmas shopping and have a cocoa out with just him. He would enjoy getting to get his brothers & dad a little pressie just from him.

I'm not so over it as he is.. but I'm forgiving myself slowly.

Now onto solstice fun! :

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#7 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I'm not so over it as he is.. but I'm forgiving myself slowly.
I must have missed what happened. Be gentle on yourself, mama.

#8 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 10:58 AM

hi everyone! i got compleatly left behind on the november thread! Hoping to keep up a little better on the december thread. I hope that everyone will have a great month and leave their troubles in november

I myself am recovering from a nasty cat bite on my hand, long story suffice to say- cats :eyeroll and Poppy had her first taste of solid food two days ago, we are doing baby led, and she had no gagging at all, she had some squash and sweet potato then and some bananna tonight. I love the WTF? look on her face when she first tries it. Not much ended up being eaten, but more than i thought judging by her poo today. (blew out all over my mum )

Dok- i hope your litte one heals quickly and easily, i broke my dominant arm right by the growth plate when i was 12, and it was unusable for weeks and weeks, it sucks. Sending him lots of healing vibes and empathy too.

My MIL is going to cut me a bunch of grape vine in the next few days, so i am making 3 wreathes one for me one for MIL and one for mum. I will be using lours all year round and just change out the decorations to reflect it. I am making some lavender smudge sticks in the next few days, and i had what i think is an excelent idea, once the lavender on relics grave is larger i will make it into smudge sticks so we can keep her precence around the house or when i am feeling down i can smudge myself. I am trying to incorperate more of my spirituality into my day to day life, slowly getting there. I have also been trying to spend some time every evening once the baby is in bed colouring some mandalas, i find it really meditative.

Peace and love every one (i am in a hippy type mood ) Keep safe.
#9 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 11:48 AM

I've got a busy morning planned, meeting the stucco contractor at the new house, then picking my mom up at the airport, all by 9am. Then things will settle down a bit and we'll get some lessons done.

For camp, I'm planning on discussing food and recipes this week, then crafts and projects next week. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a post up this morning though.

: to everyone
#10 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 12:17 PM

Hi Everyone!

DoK - glad to hear you're forgiving yourself!

Cari - Healing vibes to your little guy. And kuddos to you for attempting the bath and all. I don't know if it's possible, but a friend of DS#1's broke his arm from the wrist to the elbow and they put him in a waterproof cast so he could still take showers/baths. Any chance they can do that for you guys?

Batty - : Hi!!! It's good to see you! I hope your hand is better soon!

We're putting up our Yule tree today and decorating the altar, I can't wait! DP sleeps until 11ish though (thanks to his 2nd shift schedule) and DS#2 is still asleep now. Weird! So I think it'll be a little while until we get it set up. I want to take the kiddos on a walk to find some stuff to make our wreath our of this year but we got a ton of rain last night and things are still really wet. Maybe tomorrow. I've got to get over to Yule camp and get some ideas going too! Hope you all have a beautiful day!!!

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#11 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 12:29 PM

Healing, Hugs, and Hopes for Happiness to all!

More later, but if I don't get these girls out the door NOW apparently the world will end (according to DD1 who has picked up some interesting turns of phrase from preschool amd my MIL)

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#12 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 12:39 PM
gun

The cat had to go to the vet this morning due to some inappropriate use of my living room carpet. Poor baby has lost more wt and may have thyroid issues. I take her back in a week.

I hope everyone has a great day, and a great start of the new month. Here we got a good snowfall and it is soooo pretty.

Peace- Heather
#13 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 01:25 PM

Hello! We woke up today to our first snow of the season. #1 son was SO happy. He must have a direct line to the Gods, because he was asking for snow yesterday. Glad I stumbled on this thread.

:Pagan Mom to Danny and Mal , Wife to Charles Pet Parent to kitty Paige.
#14 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymama View Post
My MIL is going to cut me a bunch of grape vine in the next few days, so i am making 3 wreathes one for me one for MIL and one for mum. I will be using lours all year round and just change out the decorations to reflect it. I am making some lavender smudge sticks in the next few days, and i had what i think is an excelent idea, once the lavender on relics grave is larger i will make it into smudge sticks so we can keep her precence around the house or when i am feeling down i can smudge myself. I am trying to incorperate more of my spirituality into my day to day life, slowly getting there. I have also been trying to spend some time every evening once the baby is in bed colouring some mandalas, i find it really meditative.

Peace and love every one (i am in a hippy type mood ) Keep safe.
i have some dried lavendar, do you use the whole thing (stalks and all) or do you just use the ends? i like this idea. i planon going out to my dad's and gathering some evergreen for my wreath. i might add some of that lavendar, that would look nice.

also i have been experimenting with wearing a headscarf... what do you think? http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=100_1959.jpg
i am in my pj's but it was the only time i could get someone to take MY pic. lol

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#15 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 01:45 PM

Sending vibes to those who needs it! :

Crazy weather : I'm glad to stay inside today!

Valérie   
#16 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 02:17 PM

Morning Pagan Sisters!

I hope everyone is having a good day so far. I am making french toast and bacon for breakfast so I will come and respond to everything a little later.

AF is on her way, I have super evil cramps and wish she would just show and get it over with already.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#17 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 03:17 PM

Subbing. I cannot believe it is already December! We still have some shopping to do for Christmas and for the boys for Solstice (slippers and robes and maybe a book). Dh got the lights up on the house last night, but they wouldn't go on (the outlets in the eaves are wired to a timer in our den closet). I called our contractor and it seems I need to get up on a ladder and reset them (they are GFI outlets).

For now, I need to get breakfast. I was finally diagnosed (as was dh) with adrenal fatigue combined with hypoglycemia and gluten intolerance (which we already knew and were already GF). But, I'm making sure I eat consistently throughout the day and taking all my supplements. I can say, though, since starting a boatload of vitamins/etc. a few weeks ago, I feel like a slowly evolving different person. (I've even started treating our puppy with doggie vitamins as he was having huge issues and was on his way to a new home ... getting a new dog in the throws of acute adrenal issues is not a good idea!) It's good to finally have an answer and know what to do to treat it. (My N.D. rocks!)

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#18 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 04:29 PM

Subbing because I know I will forget if I don't do it now.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#19 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 04:42 PM

Bella, I hope you can find your way into some Light. My family is full of alcoholics as well, so is my hubby's. We don't let their crap into our lives tho.

Cari, I can sympathize too. I've had some "I'm a terrible parent" days too. But I hope that the good memories will out weigh the bad as they get older.

Clay, how do you come up with such amazing ideas?? I'm in awe of you lady.

DOK, how's your boy feeling today? Poor little guy's had a rough go of things lately!

Lots of Light and hugs to all those who need it. I'm just full of it these days so I've got plenty to share! :

So it took two weeks to shed the negativity of the last 6 months. All of my gifts are in full swing again! We need to have our sprinkler system blown out for winter but my dad lost the card after we had it done last year. Its the guy who put in the system, we like to use the companies who know our systems best. So for the last month or so we've all been searching and racking our brains to remember where the card is or what the company is called. For the llongest time the card was on the fridge, but its mysteriously disappeared. Last night I dreamed of it, back in the day when it was on the fridge. It was so obviously the purpose of the dream, since there was a scene where the whole picture just focused on the card! Yay for my dreams again!!!
Yesterday my hubby left with all the girls to go shopping, leaving just Lucien and I here. I was in our bathroom and I heard my dad outside my bedroom door. I thought he said, "hello? Oh what the heck.." But I was busy and about to breastfeed so I just figured I'd grab him later and find out what he wanted. I heard him walk back down the stairs, then awhile later I heard some doors open and close.
My hubby called about two hours later to ask me something and I heard a man talking in the background so I said, "who's with you?" and he said, "your dad, obviously".
They're baaaaack! There's a child here too. I have nothing against them, but I'm going to clean house and then purify my space. I can deal just fine, but I'm not yet sure of Lucien and I won't have something here that hides from me bugging him. Been there done that.

I'm back to me again, and I can't tell you all how good that feels. You never know what you'll miss until you don't have it anymore.
#20 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 04:57 PM

I'm really excited about building up my book. However, I am in a funk again since yesterday about 4pm ish. Does anyone know what the moon is in right now? Maybe that has something to do with it. I was so exhausted that I slept on the couch around 7pm and then woke up to fight with dh and then today I am still so drained. Anyone know of things I can do? A certain bath, candle, scent, something? Thank you in advance.

I really enjoy coming here and chatting with you ladies. I stumbled across this website, Hecate's Cauldron. I am feeling drawn to Hecate and Brigid. Although Hecate feels like she's right here. Brigid feels still very distant to me right now.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#21 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 05:13 PM

Hugs Sage! That's great that everything is getting back to normal!

I sort of combined some of your advice from the other thread with my personal comfort levels and did some gentle "ordering" of our home's space. Basically I'm fine with whatever dd2 is seeing/hearing AS LONG AS it finds a way to check in with me first. A dream, a feeling, a thought, and aura, a full out free floating vapor, I don't care. But if you want to play with my little one you need to ask nicely and let me have a quick look-see.

I figure that is no different from how our mundane home works (friends can open the door and walk on in, but that isn't going to happen with a brand new person... they have to knock and get a "come in!" the first time at least) or how it works at the park or playground... the girls can play with whomever is there, but for now they need to do their playing where I can see them.

I don't want to limit or inhibit, but I do want to keep tabs on things! Anyway, it's been going pretty well. A lot more giggles, a lot less screams.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#22 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 05:13 PM

Southernmommie, I have a pot of water steaming on the stove right now. When I added a few drops of peppermint essential oil, I immediately perked up and have felt happy and even energized since. (Not that I'm going to do anything more than write DS's birthday "thank you" notes with that energy, but it still feels good ).

crochetsmilie.gifread.gif Wife & Mama to 5 yo superhero.gifboy and 13 yo cat.gif.

#23 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 05:19 PM

huzzah december!!!! <happy wiggle dance & shout!>

hugs and happy vibes to all! i seriously skimmed on like 1/3 a computer screen while ds watches videos on 2/3, so i'm now super dizzy and not clear headed at all, lol... but i just had to say:

bella-- yay tapping! :-) if you need help with wording for affirmations, try googling. there are dozens of websites all about affirmations, and sometimes reading someone else's helps....

dok-- not sure if there are tapping dvds at the libes, but there are oodles and oodles of free videos online... if you're not wild about the ones i link to all the time, try youtube, i've heard there are loads there. ;-) ..ok, link added.

cari, hugs hon. when i have bad momma moments, i, um, tap... then write some affirmations... <blush>

mmmm.... geee. maybe i should just link to something about affirmations and tapping in my siggie, and then just post "see siggie"..... <blush>
#24 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 05:20 PM

I've been knitting lots of fun stuff for Yule. Isabella is getting a hat and shawl for her Kirsten doll, Gillian is getting a hat for Spiderman (and maybe a belt?) and Erin is getting a hat for her. *laughs* Erin doesn't really have a baby doll that she plays with, so no need for a hat.

: I think I need to knit fingerless gloves for when I am knitting. *laughs*

Now, I need a dh gift for yule- thoughts? something simple- handmade. food maybe? jerky?

Lioness- you look good in scarfs. Have you noticed a difference in intent while wearing it?

Well, I think the kids are getting restless, guess rest time is over.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#25 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 05:42 PM

Subbing. I'm exhausted and feeling kind of icky about some really heavy, grown-up school stuff going on with my son's school (not him personally, but administration and whatnot... it's looking awful ). Just wanted to say hello. Bear is feeling better after 5.5 day of antibiotics; He's probably going to get tubes (fourth diagnosed & treated ear infection in... like, six months : ) which isn't a huge deal... except that it is. Bella's tiny and cute, BooBah is rather healthy and cute, BeanBean is a demon and cute. I have a headache, and I'm taking a nap.

Oh, I wanted to add that I, toohave been experimenting with hair covering. I definately felt different... kind of insulated. I have to say that I feel in some ways as though I'm only a small step away from a tinfoil hat. I took a couple of pictures, but you can really tell that I'm feeling ill so I'm going to wait until after my nap and ask Mike if he'll take a couple.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#26 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 07:54 PM

Bella-- yes, i know it was harsh. i'm sorry about the harshness. i very much believe that sometimes love has to come in the form of harshness or it will not get paid attention to. please, please take it in the spirit in which it was intended. i didn't want to hurt you. i did, though, want to shake you up and maybe get your attention bigtime. lots of "aww" and hugs only serves to enable and allow behaviors to continue that perpetuate what you do not want.
i thought about posting it in a PM, but then i had a huge feeling you would have thought i was attacking you and maybe taken it all wrong, and then there would have been this undercurrent of a feeling of animosity on this forum that i SO did not want. i suspected that i had grains of truth in there (or i wouldn't have said it-- i'm not cruel) and that if i posted it publicly, other people might have backed me up/said it differently/found a way to clarify or rephrase what i said so it sounded, i dunno, not as harsh, yet valid.
i wasn't minimizing your staying around the house. i wasn't saying "just get over it" and i'm sorry it came off that way. i was trying to say if you got OUT, just got out (face the fear and do it anyway) that maybe it would help you not living in your own head so much. which is what i hear loud and clear in your posts. and it doesn't sound like a healthy place to be.
so please, when you are able, forgive the delivery. i stand by the message.

eilonwy, welcome back, mama! i'm sorry about the ear tubes will that solve the constant illnesses?

LionessMom, love the scarf! but i don't know what you look like w/o it

southernmommie, the moon is waxing crescent, 4-1/2 days. gotta love that link, was it aweynsayl that sent it?
also, i hear citrus is energizing-- and i LOVE a small pot with cinnamon sticks and orange peels simmering on the stove this time of year! ya gotta keep an eye on the water level, though. and it's UGLY. but it sure smells yummy!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#27 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 08:04 PM

I know I probably won't be able to keep up with this thread, but I wanted to pop in and say hi. My baby is crawling, my oldest is still having ODD-type issues, and my middle child is doing pretty good.

I go through this every year, but which night is actually the shortest? Saturday night or Sunday night? As I type this I vaguely recall the difference was so small it didn't really matter....
#28 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
mmmm.... geee. maybe i should just link to something about affirmations and tapping in my siggie, and then just post "see siggie"..... <blush>
lol. i see you did it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
Lioness- you look good in scarfs. Have you noticed a difference in intent while wearing it?
thanks for the compliment!
yeah, i feel preistessly. lol. seriously though, i feel protected. like i put on armor. of course i put it on with intent though. and it feels like everything i do while wearing it has more meaning. maybe b/c i have blocked out the energy coming in so i am less distracted. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Oh, I wanted to add that I, toohave been experimenting with hair covering. I definately felt different... kind of insulated. I have to say that I feel in some ways as though I'm only a small step away from a tinfoil hat. I took a couple of pictures, but you can really tell that I'm feeling ill so I'm going to wait until after my nap and ask Mike if he'll take a couple.
it was that initial feeling of insulation that encouraged me to keep going. i think it is fun too, esp to find new ways to tie it and pretty designs and stuff.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#29 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyn View Post
Bella-- yes, i know it was harsh. i'm sorry about the harshness. i very much believe that sometimes love has to come in the form of harshness or it will not get paid attention to. please, please take it in the spirit in which it was intended. i didn't want to hurt you. i did, though, want to shake you up and maybe get your attention bigtime. lots of "aww" and hugs only serves to enable and allow behaviors to continue that perpetuate what you do not want.
i thought about posting it in a PM, but then i had a huge feeling you would have thought i was attacking you and maybe taken it all wrong, and then there would have been this undercurrent of a feeling of animosity on this forum that i SO did not want. i suspected that i had grains of truth in there (or i wouldn't have said it-- i'm not cruel) and that if i posted it publicly, other people might have backed me up/said it differently/found a way to clarify or rephrase what i said so it sounded, i dunno, not as harsh, yet valid.
i wasn't minimizing your staying around the house. i wasn't saying "just get over it" and i'm sorry it came off that way. i was trying to say if you got OUT, just got out (face the fear and do it anyway) that maybe it would help you not living in your own head so much. which is what i hear loud and clear in your posts. and it doesn't sound like a healthy place to be.
so please, when you are able, forgive the delivery. i stand by the message.
I needed a little bit to be defensive. I am still sorta feeling that way while I work it all out and take in what you said.

I do want to clarify about my Dad's alcoholism though. Its still pretty recent and I guess is his way of coping with feeling like a failure for getting hurt and being out of work for six months. Then, a year later needing double hernia surgery, developing pneumonia and blood clots in his legs and lungs. Another 6 months out of work and the house is being foreclosed on. They are in the process of trying to sell it but, Chase bank is cruel. My Dad is hardly ever sick and never plays hooky from work either so this was a huge blow to what he thinks of himself as a man, if that makes sense. The only other time he had a problem with alcohol was when I was 10 and my Mom was going through cancer after having a miscarriage. He doesn't miss work because of it and he doesn't drink on the job to my knowledge (obviously I am not there and no complaints have been made to my knowledge either) and he usually drinks the most on his days off.

I think he's an alcoholic, my Mom won't label him but has asked him to cut back. I am think bitch for labeling him.

I go to knitting group every once in awhile. I just started and have only been twice because of my car, flooding, etc. My Mom or another family member comes over every once in awhile and we get out then too. I am painfully shy so its hard for me to go out and make friends, always has been.

I don't know right now. I just need to have more than a day to process it all.

Hubby called again today. His mission got scrubbed and they are about to go out on a 5 day mission. I asked him about counseling again and he said it was hard because he is never "home." He said that he is working the issue and I asked him flat out "are you REALLY working the issue or are you just bringing it up once in awhile and dropping it?" He kinda got upset that I would think that. He told me that he was going to keep trying cause he knows he needs it.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#30 of 531 Old 12-01-2008, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilamus View Post
DoK - glad to hear you're forgiving yourself!

Cari - Healing vibes to your little guy. And kuddos to you for attempting the bath and all. I don't know if it's possible, but a friend of DS#1's broke his arm from the wrist to the elbow and they put him in a waterproof cast so he could still take showers/baths. Any chance they can do that for you guys?
You got the two of us mixed up. I'm the one whose son has a broken wrist.
My insurance wouldn't pay for the waterproof cast. They had to put on a modified cast due to his upcoming surgery. (they put the cast on, sawed it in two pieces, padded it, and taped it back on). Ds is disappointed because barely any of the color is showing due to all the tape.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page