January 09! Pagan circle - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cari- I just read the update! Go Jon!!! Good News!

Dh got the results from his sample (Big V) and it was 0, so we are pretty happy. *wink* However, the man is making me insane, so being near him makes me want to scream. Thankfully he is back to work tomorrow!

DOK- *laughs* what a great kid you got there.

Well, better finish dinner.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#62 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 07:18 PM

Cari- Great update about Jon!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#63 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inanna_Mama View Post
Cari, just saw the wonderful Caringbridge update on Jon! He's talking!! Hurray!!!

I'm so relieved and happy for you both!!

:
LOL Y'all are fast! I was just coming here to share the news.. I was so blown away when the nurse (named Carrie amusingly enough) said he'd given her a few yes /nope answers : The long term acute hospital is now off the table, and the docs & insurance company are recommending Sheperd Specialty hospital, which specializes in acquired brain injury/spinal injury (he doesn't appear to have any of the latter) It's got some of the best outcomes in the country for this kind of care, their return home/school/work rates are the highest in the US. So while it's further from home, it's the best there is and THAT is what I want for him.

On to more mundane matters.. our toilet is broken : Waiting for a call from the real estate agents plumber now. But thats ok, not even having no toilet can bring me down after talking to the nurse this morning!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#64 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 08:20 PM

cari, i am SO STOKED for you!! :::
i am going to be in atlanta for like an hour or two, on the 16th...wish i had a longer layover; i'd stop by Jon and say hi

tomorrow is ds's first day back at school. today was horrid behavior most of the day. he's been so good almost the whole vacation i hope that today isn't an indicator of what's to come
i have a *whole week* to myself! i don't start school till next monday. tomorrow i'm putting up new wire shelving i got on sale at Target and putting out the books i've kept in boxes for a year and grocery shopping all by myself

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#65 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 09:07 PM

Yay Cari!!! I am so happy for you and Jon!!

I got to talk to DH for a bit today on yahoo and on the phone. He said he would call me back later today. That was at 10:30 this morning. I am assuming something came up as usual.

I spent the day speed reading through a silly romance novel. I am about to crack open another one. I don't usually like this genre, so I own so few of them. I just need something to keep my mind off of things.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#66 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 09:40 PM

Thanks mamas I called his dad shortly after I talked to the nurses and he was over the moon with the news. We're both calling the hospital nearly every day but I guess I beat him to it today lol

It is disgustingly hot here today and humid. The yard is feral (our mower broke before I left & daim hasn't been able to mow anyway with 3 little boys underfoot lol), the house is moderately habitable though But I guess I'm seriously craving normality, because I'm cleaning everything I need to make a big grocery list (hopefully I will get to go by myself to maiasaura lol.. shopping with 3 boys = nightmare!), fold a mountain of laundry, take down the tree etc and sort out the disaster of a playroom. Looks like my week is well planned

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#67 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Can someone please ask Mother Nature to move the snow elsewhere? I am really tired of it.
Send it my way. I can't wait for some big snow. I want to show my little one all the cold fun with the white stuff!

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

#68 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 10:30 PM

I just got 2 letters from DH in the mail. He wrote them months ago but, oh well. They smell like him too, so I have been inhaling his scent. I always cry when I get mail from him. Smelling him made me loose it completely though. It really is the little things ya miss the most.

Now I am taking a dinner break before I finish what will probably be a long letter to him *happy tear*

#69 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 10:49 PM
gun

Yay Cari and Jon!! Woohoo! Great update!

Maiasaura - enjoy your week off!!

Bella - I love historical romances. It's just good for the soul every once in a while.

I have been riding a high for the last month or two, really feeling so grateful about my life. Today started out another great day, but has since gone downhill. Please forgive this next bit of self pity, but dang. My moon is a day late, but my body is telling me to stop being hopeful. And then I found out that my very young niece is expecting, and it is very dismal situation. And it makes me so sad. And tomorrow is my birthday. The big four-oh-my-god! Trying to shake it off, and get a shift in attitude, but tonight I am mired in Crapville. Boohoo.

Tomorrow is gonna be a better day.

Peace- Heather
#70 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
(hopefully I will get to go by myself to maiasaura lol.. shopping with 3 boys = nightmare!)
shopping with ONE is bad enough! i can't imagine. but there are so many times i see a mom with lots of kids and they are all better behaved than my one :

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#71 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 11:12 PM

aww, gun. 40 isn't that bad. try 49! it's really simmering under there freaking me out a little bit. i so don't feel it! it's like a disconnect...i see people in the paper, or the news, "49yo so and so blah-de-blah" and i have to remind myself "oh yeah! i'm their age!" it's quite silly, really.
i think i just found my first...well, it was white, not gray...hair yesterday. i hope my hair goes white and not grey, wouldn't that be cool?

so. you get out there and find yourself half an hour (or 5 minutes ) to celebrate yourself and have a happy birthday! if you were in asheville i'd take you to the Sisters MacMullen. they are a cupcake place downtown. they have the most fabulous cupcakes!

bella, i used to live 2 hours away from my at-the-time new boyfriend, who ended up being my dh and the father of my son. when he accidentally left his sweatshirt at my apartment, which was frequently, i used to sleep with it because it had his smell

#72 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 11:12 PM

Celebratory love and hugs to Cari and Jon!

Love and positive vibes to Bella, DOK . . . I hope I'm not missing anyone. I *really* need to start keeping a little notepad by the computer. I keep forgetting to buy one.

Thank you so much for all who responded to my bead/relationship-with-dc post. I SO appreciate this circle of mamas. My son actually called me the other day to let me know that the kick-off time of a football game had changed so that I could come over and watch it with him : We both love the game and get really into it so it's a cool thing for me to be able to share with him.

My eldest, (she's 17) got a trip to London for Christmas from her friend's parents (the friend wanted dd to go along with her and her mom) and is arriving home Wednesday. I can't wait to see her and hear all about it. Please keep me in mind if you think of it, I am so hoping she is excited about sharing about it with me. I know she's upset and confused by the separation, and I know she doesn't mean to brush me aside, she's just uncertain how to *be* when I'm around sometimes.

If y'all can send me some uplifting vibes I'd appreciate it, I want to be what she needs, and not just a crumbling mama who cries if she even looks at me funny.

Love you all,
Raven ::::la undry

and ,
~Raven Loving mama of 6
#73 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Yay Cari and Jon!! Woohoo! Great update!

Maiasaura - enjoy your week off!!

Bella - I love historical romances. It's just good for the soul every once in a while.

I have been riding a high for the last month or two, really feeling so grateful about my life. Today started out another great day, but has since gone downhill. Please forgive this next bit of self pity, but dang. My moon is a day late, but my body is telling me to stop being hopeful. And then I found out that my very young niece is expecting, and it is very dismal situation. And it makes me so sad. And tomorrow is my birthday. The big four-oh-my-god! Trying to shake it off, and get a shift in attitude, but tonight I am mired in Crapville. Boohoo.

The only actual series I get from the Romance section of Borders is all about vampires Its the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward and OMG, seriously the best books!

I don't think the Anita Blake or Merry Gentry series can be considered romance, even if their is some of that (mostly in the earlier books, lately its all sex) in there.

The book I read today is called Sisters Found and I am about to start another Vampire romance book. Themes much? I may read The Joy Luck Club tomorrow, not sure. I should probably read this midwifery book I have sitting on my table. Or finish The Mists Of Avalon, yeah, I still haven't finished it.

#74 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Please forgive this next bit of self pity, but dang. My moon is a day late, but my body is telling me to stop being hopeful. And then I found out that my very young niece is expecting, and it is very dismal situation. And it makes me so sad. And tomorrow is my birthday. The big four-oh-my-god! Trying to shake it off, and get a shift in attitude, but tonight I am mired in Crapville. Boohoo.

Self pity, nonsense. I know well the longing for a sweet baby in my arms again, and I just turned 41 last October. I would also need a willing daddy, which I do not have in my life right now. So the "boo hoo" is a natural thing; it's the way we're created. Even for those of us who feel "done" childbearing, it's still understandable.

~Raven

and ,
~Raven Loving mama of 6
#75 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
i think i just found my first...well, it was white, not gray...hair yesterday. i hope my hair goes white and not grey, wouldn't that be cool?
I'm glad to know I'm not the only person to make this distinction.

I have my first *white* hair when I was 24.5 years old.

My theory is that white hair is a symptom of stress and gray hair is a symptom of either old age or genetically changing hair color.

Because, you see, when my hair goes white, it's in stages of losing pigment. I have very dark brown hair. I will notice hairs turning lighter over months. They are losing pigment. In fact, I frequently have white hairs that still have some blondish/light brown pigment on a small part of the strand of hair, and to varying degrees throughout my head of hair. So white hair is losing hair pigment.

Gray hair, I don't know, that's just a whole different color altogether. I don't really know what makes hair gray, unless it's the same as white hair but limited to people beginning with black hair, but I don't know for sure. Do only black haired people get gray hair?

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#76 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 11:26 PM

Bella- letters are so wonderful. I know it must be hard to go weeks/months without getting one but having the scent must be comforting. *hugs*

Raven- keep positive, the kids will figure this out. hang in there

Gun- *hugs*

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#77 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 11:34 PM

White/Gray hairs- My sister is in beauty school right now and gave me a lecture the last time she cut my hair "they are not gray hairs they are white, its just your hair loosing pigment."

I got my first ones at 22.5, yeah, thanks Dad for that one.

Brendon- These are the first letters I have gotten from DH. He barely wrote me on the last deployment. I think I got 2 letters total and 2 cards. Anywho, he said he is trying to change that because he knows how important it is to me.

#78 of 549 Old 01-05-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
I Smelling him made me loose it completely though. It really is the little things ya miss the most.
Oh yeah, I took one of daims favorite shirts with me (had him wear it for a little bit the night before I packed even so it WOULD smell like him) and thats what I slept in

Mamas I'm sorry I'm not the most 'responsive' to posts just yet. I'm still emotionally flattened like a pancake & am trying to get back into some semblance of a routine. Hopefully in the near future I'll be a little better about it

#79 of 549 Old 01-06-2009, 12:11 AM

Cari, its okay. I am surprised you are even awake and posting. I would think you would be passed out in bed from all the emotions and travel. I would probably be in your place.

I am writing down affirmations. This really has been the most helpful thing to me in keeping me on the optimist track. Too bad my lovely journal for this is busting. Oh well, gives me an excuse to get a new one Well, once I am finished with this one.

#80 of 549 Old 01-06-2009, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

So glad to hear the good news Cari! i am over the moon. You must be so relieved.

Send cold weather here as much as you got!
#81 of 549 Old 01-06-2009, 09:40 AM

Ds goes back to school today. It's only a half day so I'm hoping he's not completely overwhelmed.

I'm going to a book club meeting this morning. Ah, to have some grown up time is going to be so lovely.

#82 of 549 Old 01-06-2009, 10:06 AM

DOK- Have fun!!

#83 of 549 Old 01-06-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Mamas I'm sorry I'm not the most 'responsive' to posts just yet. I'm still emotionally flattened like a pancake & am trying to get back into some semblance of a routine. Hopefully in the near future I'll be a little better about it
Sending some spiritual baking powder to lift your emotional pancakes, Cari!

Amazing of you to think of the rest of us even when you are drained. You have great karma.

Love love love,

Raven :::la undry

and ,
~Raven Loving mama of 6
#84 of 549 Old 01-06-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I'm going to a book club meeting this morning. Ah, to have some grown up time is going to be so lovely.
oooo, that sounds fun. I'm a little jealous.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#85 of 549 Old 01-06-2009, 07:11 PM

It was only me and the woman who set it up. We chatted about the book and some other stuff. Then we walked over to the library together to see if we could get some ideas for our next read.

She's really funny.

We are supposed to be getting some yucky weather on Wednesday. Trouble is, my town hardly ever cancels school. My car died and I'm NOT walking with ds in a snow/sleet/ice storm.
So, send us "No school" vibes!

#86 of 549 Old 01-06-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Purity♥Lake~ View Post
Gray hair, I don't know, that's just a whole different color altogether. I don't really know what makes hair gray, unless it's the same as white hair but limited to people beginning with black hair, but I don't know for sure. Do only black haired people get gray hair?
i don't know. i don't think so. my family (mom's side) tends to brown hair, and my mom's sister has steel gray hair and her mom did, too. she probly would if she didn't dye hers
i'm 49. this is my very first hair that's not my original color (which is kind of-- well, when i was young it was blonde, but now people think i have had it professionally streaked. it's brown and blond and in between, depending on what part of my head you look at)

Quote:
Too bad my lovely journal for this is busting. Oh well, gives me an excuse to get a new one Well, once I am finished with this one.
it's a good time of year, too. they are all on sale like 50% off, where i live!

Quote:
ahh, i know-- i had today *all to myself* and will have tomorrow, thursday, and friday as well : friday is the Pagan Ladies Lunch. i've been able to go! we're going to Olive Garden this time.

#87 of 549 Old 01-06-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenFriend View Post
Sending some spiritual baking powder to lift your emotional pancakes, Cari!

Amazing of you to think of the rest of us even when you are drained. You have great karma.
That post got a good giggle out of me! I certainly hope I am scoring some good karma somewhere... it'd be nice if it would start manifesting sometime soon lol. I think I've had as much in the way of trauma as I can handle in the last 12months.

Quote:
We are supposed to be getting some yucky weather on Wednesday. Trouble is, my town hardly ever cancels school. My car died and I'm NOT walking with ds in a snow/sleet/ice storm.
So, send us "No school" vibes!
Oh noes, I can't blame you for not wanting to walk in that... I was an awful mother when Lucas was in school when it was going to be over about 35C I did not make him go to school.. I called in and said it's pushing 40C outside and there's no way I'm making 3 small boys endure a 2km walk to and from school in this heat, see ya tomorrow

I went outside early with the boys this morning while it was still tolerable out, cleaned the patio up as well as the paths around the house (we had some wicked storms right around the time I had to leave and ye gods if it is outside, it is a MESS) Hubby is going to mow the backyard this afternoon so the boys have a tidy place to play (I will shamefully admit there are a few weeds that are taller than Lucas who is 120cm tall lol but getting it mowed was impossible without me here to handle the boys)

We're going to hit the owner of the house up for some 'green waste' tickets so we can haul the tree limbs to the tip where they'll chip them up for mulch (not for us as termites are active in the ground here... no feeding the creepy crawlies!) so we can remove the storm debris without it costing us. I have to say I came away feeling much more grounded after doing a bit of sweaty work outside And somehow I did all that before 930am.. not sure how that happened lol.

I'm going to plan a simple ritual for the full moon to ground & recharge myself a bit, Goddess knows I need it now. I've got a lovely smoky topaz that is going to get a nice cleanse as well ( aweyn), as it rode close to my heart for the entire trip to the US and I'm sure it's in dire need of it.

#88 of 549 Old 01-06-2009, 10:59 PM

Cari- So glad to see you posting!! The smoky topaz sounds wonderful!

#89 of 549 Old 01-06-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Cari- So glad to see you posting!! The smoky topaz sounds wonderful!
It is lovely. Ya know.. if I'd have had my witts about me (as I would have in other circumstances than the ones I traveled in) I would have SO ordered some books from you and had them shipped to GA so I could bring them home LOL.

I've just updated his website.. He was super today, talking (if a bit mumbled sometimes) to his Grandpa Sam, following instructions, trying to sit himself up in the bed. The nurse said he was a bit irritated... and she laughed with me when I said 'well wouldn't YOU be after being stuck in that bed for a month!?!' I'm going to try to call again tonight my time, to see if I can't catch him awake so I can talk to him for just a minute. I just want him to hear my voice and know that even though I couldn't physically stay that I'm still right there with him.

I think I need to go have a good cry now lol

#90 of 549 Old 01-06-2009, 11:50 PM

Did I forget to post today? Ooops.

I guess the IM and eventual phone call with DH distracted me. Not to mention the emailing back and forth with AAMI.

I realized today that my fear of failure holds me back from a lot of things and that's why I have been slacking on sending in the paperwork to AAMI. I am really nervous about it, even though this is what I want to do. I just have not been in school for....gosh 6 years come May. I am scared It seems so silly when I write it all out.

to all. I have got to finish this letter to DH.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page