January 09! Pagan circle - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought i would start the first thread of the new year. Normaly i would wait but i have missed you all so much. Poppy and i are both going great, she is 7 months now, can say mum with meaning (although that meaning is milk ) is cruising and just cut 3 new teeth so she has 5.

How is everyone else going? What are our plans for 2009? This year feels very promising to me, and i am excited. We started the new year by sweeping the house front to back with our old broom, brushing out any rubish left from last year, we will buy a new broom on monday and the old broom gets relegated to outside. I then smudged first with sage then with lavender. In the next few days i will find time to myself to sit down and meditate one last year, closing any loose ends and think on what i want for this year.

How is Jon Cari? you have been in my thoughts non stop, i have lit candles for you and stopping throughout the day to send you strenght and healing, so hoping your next post is that he is better.

Lots of love Rochelle the battiest mama around gotta go baby is chasing the cat.
#2 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 02:20 AM

Yay! New thread!!! I missed you all so much!!!!!

I am doing good. I have all the money ready and in a money order for AAMI. Though, one of my friends on another board scared the crap outta me and said I wouldn't be able to get licensed in this state because its not an accredited school. I knew it wasn't accredited but, I thought if I took the NARM I would be fine. I emailed Carla and am just waiting to here back.

I am still working out almost every day and AF just came today making this a 29 day cycle. I REALLY hope and pray its from the working out and not just a fluke. I can't keep doing the 45 day cycle thing.

DH is doing as well as can be expected over in the sandbox. He got into a fight with his SGT when he called DH a devil worshipper over a pagan plaque he has on his wall :irk

My plans for this year are to just keep working on being a better person, a healthier me both mentally and physically. To learn new things and have positive experiences.

Wow, this is long. Sorry.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#3 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter

Glad you got the money together bella, i know how much that has been worrying you. A thought on your cycle, have you tried damiana? You drink it as a tea, it is quite pleasent, and it helps balance female hormones, its an all round womens herb actally and we should all be taking it. I mix mine with raspberry leaf because it can cause a bit of an iron defitiency with long term use but the rl helps with that.
#4 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 10:12 AM

oh YAY!! :::

omgs, mamas, i have missed you SO much. so much. i was really looking forward to vacation because i so needed a break-- i didn't want to see *anybody* for the first few days. then everybody went out of town! everyone i knew, and then this board shut down. so by the time i was ready to socialize, and get a bit of a break from 24/7 ds, *nobody* was around and now i'm gearing up to send ds back to school, and go back myself, and i can't socialize much. sigh. but man i missed my paganmamas and then i got extra disappointed yesterday because i thought they'd have the board back up ON january 2nd. it wasn't clear that the 2nd was part of the thread closure. yesterday was hard

batty, if you click on the caringbridge site for jon (in cari's signature), and then click to get email updates, you get them right in your inbox. of course you have to click on the site URL every time in the in-mail to get to his website. but he's doing much, much better! opened his eyes and recognized people and all! cari should be on her way back to Oz today, or yesterday.

so i start school on the 12th, ds starts this coming tuesday, and we go to Disney world on the 16th : i'm not ready! eek!

i gained back nearly all the weight i'd lost from 11/1 to 12/16. i had to ask my mom graciously not to bring treats for christmas anymore. i can't resist them. at all. i undid 6 weeks of work in a week. :

it's foggy, VERY very foggy here, today. i was going to go for a walk, but ew. it's staying-in weather.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#5 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 11:27 AM

Happy New Year, Mamas! Been thinking of you all over the break and hoping all is well. I'm all about de-cluttering this new year. But other than that, just enjoying our family time with DH off from school. One more week and then it's back to the grind :-(

crochetsmilie.gifread.gif Wife & Mama to 5 yo superhero.gifboy and 13 yo cat.gif.

#6 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
oh YAY!! :::

omgs, mamas, i have missed you SO much. so much. i was really looking forward to vacation because i so needed a break-- i didn't want to see *anybody* for the first few days. then everybody went out of town! everyone i knew, and then this board shut down. so by the time i was ready to socialize, and get a bit of a break from 24/7 ds, *nobody* was around and now i'm gearing up to send ds back to school, and go back myself, and i can't socialize much. sigh. but man i missed my paganmamas and then i got extra disappointed yesterday because i thought they'd have the board back up ON january 2nd. it wasn't clear that the 2nd was part of the thread closure. yesterday was hard

batty, if you click on the caringbridge site for jon (in cari's signature), and then click to get email updates, you get them right in your inbox. of course you have to click on the site URL every time in the in-mail to get to his website. but he's doing much, much better! opened his eyes and recognized people and all! cari should be on her way back to Oz today, or yesterday.

so i start school on the 12th, ds starts this coming tuesday, and we go to Disney world on the 16th : i'm not ready! eek!

i gained back nearly all the weight i'd lost from 11/1 to 12/16. i had to ask my mom graciously not to bring treats for christmas anymore. i can't resist them. at all. i undid 6 weeks of work in a week. :

it's foggy, VERY very foggy here, today. i was going to go for a walk, but ew. it's staying-in weather.
You changed your name!!!!!!!! when did that happen? i love it

Thanks for the heads up i will go to the old thread and look for carie i am so glad :
#7 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 01:09 PM

Gilli came down with a tummy bug while at my Mom's, so she is resting on the couch watching the Back Yardigans. Otherwise, it has been a wonderful break but I am ready to get into some kind of routine.

I missed everyone and kept checking back to see if they happened to open the thread early.

Did you get a little something for Yule or CHristmas? Dh got my an ipod nano, which I so wanted. I felt kinda guilty cause we don't do big gifts, but I really want to start walking and I think this will give me the motivation. :

I have been checking on Jon and Cari and thinking of them constantly- I know it is really hard for Cari to leave Jon and come back. Sending love Cari :

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#8 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 01:16 PM

I am so happy to have our Circle back!! : I've missed you all.
This year, we will continue the efforts started last year on our house, then when it's finished sometime around March, we are going to relax and enjoy the rest of the year. DH and I are both pretty goal oriented, and building the house completes the list of goals we made a LONG time ago.
I will continue to focus on homeschooling my girls, my spirituality, and family and friends.

Bella, I'm happy for you that you're feeling so well (dh too) and you've continue to prep for mw school.

Cari, I've been following along on Jon's progress. (What a rollercoaster) I hope he continues to heal so fast.

Batty, Lucky you getting to start the year's first thread I checked in so many times yesterday waiting for the forum to be back.

Maiasura, Take a deep breath, and hit the ground running again, huh?

Inanna, It's so hard when the break's over isn't it?
#9 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 01:18 PM

Brendon, you replied while I was getting mine ready
I hope Gilli feels better soon.

Check out all the : smilies LOL
#10 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 01:28 PM

Yay! :

I missed all the sisters here! I must admit a bit of relief, though, in knowing that for a few days I wasn't falling behind... we are a conversational bunch!

I love the idea of sweeping out the house and getting a new broom. I think I will make a nice little ritual with the kids of sweeping, smudging, and blessing a new one.

What else is new... oh. I've been beading. My 3 oldest children are not comfortable coming to my house, they are really hurting because of the separation. I see them whenever I can, but only at Dad's. I love them and miss them so much, so I've made little "things" each with a tiny photo in a frame as the focal point, one for each older child. I've used little stones or glass beads that represent them; for instance for my son's I used black and red because he plays football and LOVES it, and those are his team's colors.
If anyone has any input for me, what types of stones to use, or how to make them (I really am a beginner!) or use or bless them, I'd be happy to hear (or read) it. I have put much love and thought into them so far.

I also carry a little note about them, my love for them and my desire to maintain our love and trust - with a few stones (amethyst, rose quartz, tigers eye) in a tiny bag. I wear it around my neck on a ribbon under my clothes.

Any ideas? thoughts? I love this circle I appreciate the support here.

Wow this got long, I guess I really did miss y'all!

Love and light to all in the new year,
Raven ::::la undry

and ,
~Raven Loving mama of 6
#11 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 02:48 PM
gun

Boy did I ever go thru withdrawal! I missed this group, and also was so let down when I realized that it wasn't open yesterday either!

Our holidays and break were just fantastic! Lots of food and fun and family too. We bought a bed for DD (actually DH is gonna be sleeping in it but doesn't quite realize that just yet!) I got a bunch of yummy fun books that I am having a hard time to focus on only one at a time. Glad to see everyone back! :

Peace- Heather
#12 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 03:38 PM

I didn't realize how much I enjoy my fellow pagan mama's on here. That is, until I couldn't chat with you all!

I'm so glad we're back!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#13 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 03:45 PM

Raven, that sounds so hard. I'm not sure there is much more you can do for now, but trying is very important. Have you considered writing letters to you dc? Something more on the short and sweet side, that they could keep with them to reassure them their mama loves them even during this hard time? To me, writing an issue out on paper is very therapeutic, and think of all the intention you could put in, and how it would be magnified by them re-reading the note.
#14 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 04:10 PM

Subbing! I've missed you all!

We're getting on again off again snow storms so my internet keeps cutting in and out (as does the power... last night the power failed while DH was watching an episode of the X files, totally not the show you want to me watching when the house goes dark! ) and this babe is kicking my butt. Or my belly. I had really bad ick with dd1, almost no ick with dd2, and this is a replay of dd1 only now I've got two kiddos and can't take a break!

Our holiday travel went pretty well, no delays, minimal airport headaches, and the girls loved watching the food network at the hotel. Maybe a bit too much since dd1 keeps asking if we can move into a hotel so she can "watch cakes".

We're stepping up our home DIY projects (DH is trying to get electric lights into the bathroom) so that come August we're a bit more "together". Especially since it looks like homebirth might be the only option (or using a hospital 3 hours away and while I'd consider it if it was just a "get there during labor" deal, there's no way I could do monthly or twice monthly appointments!). So finger's crossed that the HBAC midwife has an opening in mid august.

I've got to run but... hugs to all. Huzzah for Cari! Yay Bella! And Raven... I really liked the Pagan Prayer Beads book (I have some pagan beading books that I reviewed, kinda, in the Summer Camp thread and in the Yule thread) and you may be able to find it through interlibrary loan. There's a website (again, the link is in the Summer and Yule thread) that also does a lot of basic pagan beading, and that may be a place to start. It sounds like you're doing great though!

nonny forth all and welcome back!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#15 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 04:14 PM

Yay! Happy muggle new year! Lol! We hung out with friends! Yule was great. I am officially addicted to the twilight saga. I've read the 1st book twice & seen the movie twice...going again tonight. I've read the 2nd book once & am starting it again until I can get my hands on the 3rd book! Yes, I know...I'm sad & geeky!

We still have not found work for myself or my husband but I will start teaching some dance classes & 1st 5 this month. Dh makes too much on unemployment so they cut our cash aid completely. Its very frustrating. Their offices have been closed for the holidays as well so I am calling Monday to see if we are still eligible to get help going to school or job training.

Still I have a good feeling about 2009! We have been cleaning & organizing too. And I got. AF back for the new year! Welcome back fertility! Lol! Its been a long time!

Glad to be back mamas. missed you!
#16 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 04:36 PM

I have been not-so-patiently waiting for for it to come back from vacation. lol. I had a pretty good vacation myself. i even had some fun at my MIL's house. but now we are suffering the post holiday time checks. you know, b/c you missed all those days from the last 2 weeks. sigh.

we have been having an electric problem since dec.22. it keeps browning out and blowing fuses. after DH got a little upset with him and very firmly told him that he better get someone out here now, someone is coming on mon. I am seriously concerned that someones house might start on fire. the fuse box on the pole outside has some char marks on some the wires. I Sent a letter to the landlord and kept a photocopy of it. he better fix it mon or we are going to a hotel and he is being charged. and we are not paying rent til it is fixed. i own the trailer and rent the lot.

on tues i get my last present. a haircut. lol. havent cut my hair in 3 years. im going to cut off 1 inch. lol.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#17 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 06:00 PM

LionessMom- how long is your hair- couldn't tell from your pic.

Clay- *hugs* all day sickness stinks! Are you doing well otherwise?

Raven- hang in there sweetie!

DOK- been browsing the last few days- so much fun stuff to look at (and buy?) *whistles*

MED- my dd's love dance. what class are you teaching?

I have busy knitting- made myself a wool ruffle neck thing. not really a scarf but not not a scarf

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#18 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 06:05 PM

i can not believe how relieved i am to have you mamas back and i thought i was the only one missing y'all that badly; i was feeling like an idiot

raven, i'm sure your dc will come around. hang in there, mama. it's all too new. i'm sorry it's so hard though

i can't wait to hear from cari. i hope someone else posts to the caringbridge site in her stead, on jon's progress.

we aren't getting a proper winter at ALL, here it was 37 this morning, which felt like 57 (we didn't even go out in anything but sweatshirts) and it's raining now and supposed to be in the 50s and 60s again this week i freakin' HATE summer as a rule, but if it's been a proper winter i don't mind it so much. i hope it gets good and cold and stays that way for a couple of months before it starts getting warm again.

i really need to undecorate. and study math. and i am procrastinating on both. kick my butt into gear, mamas!
on the good side, i did actually do 30m of exercise this morning. that's a start.
ds starts school on tuesday and then i have four days of being utterly alone before the weekend, and then my school starts.

any disney tips from you sage mamas?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#19 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymama View Post
You changed your name!!!!!!!! when did that happen? i love it
you noticed! you win the prize, batty : i changed it over break. right after the boards went down, i think. i had to actually test it out on a board i'm not usually on, to see if they got it right
i got my title, too

#20 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 06:27 PM

Brendan, I am going to teach a parent & me class for 1-5 year olds & their caregivers! Essentially playing & showing parents that you can get moving along with the kids no matter what age. I suppose its more movement based but ill sneak lots of dance poses in!
#21 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
Did you get a little something for Yule or CHristmas? Dh got my an ipod nano, which I so wanted. I felt kinda guilty cause we don't do big gifts, but I really want to start walking and I think this will give me the motivation. :
i'm sorry gilli's not feeling well

my mom got me a whole set of stainless steel pots and pans! : it's just what i asked for, but she was hesitant b/c good sets are lots of money-- which she has, but is always complaining that she hasn't. i had told her that she could get me just one pot, and that it would be a build-upon gift, you know, like she could get me one pot/pan each holiday for a few years. well she got me a whole set! they rock. i had been wanting to switch out my non-stick ones for a long time. yay!

#22 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
DOK- been browsing the last few days- so much fun stuff to look at (and buy?)
Now is certainly the time. I'm tempted, too.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#23 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
thanks dok.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#24 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 08:14 PM

MED- oh, cool! I love classes like that! Have fun!

#25 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 08:15 PM

I am grouchy and depressed today Mamas. Its partly do to AF and partly because well, that's how I woke up today. I had a good cry earlier and am about to play some music to try and lift my spirits, while I fold and put away clothes.

*sigh*

I need the months left on the deployment to fly by.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#26 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 09:16 PM

subbing.

Valérie   
#27 of 549 Old 01-03-2009, 09:18 PM

2009 is My Year!

I have decided this year is going to rock! I gave up halfway thru the December thread because I couldn't keep up, so I am going to try to keep up with this months So far it has been a great year. I got a gift certificate for a massage as my Yule present from my hubby Had lots of time off with my sister who came out from California for the holidays. My little Sammy has gotten over her cold she caught at Thanksgiving. I lost 5 lbs between Thanksgiving and Yule. I feel like I got a lot of my projects done during all the time off I had last month. 2009 is rolling off to a great start for me. I am looking forward to a big snowfall and hope it comes soon. I can't hardly wait to go sledding and show my little one how to make snowmen. Plus a great excuses to drink lots of hot chocolate with mini marshmellows. I am also getting lots of seed catalogues in the mail which always gets me excited about spring and gardening. Right now I am just trying to keep all the house plants alive. I must be doing a good job because three of my orchids are about to bloom. I love when they bloom cause the flowers last for months! If only I could get them to bloom non stop. Well I have chatted enough for now. Great to be back and I'm excited for all the fun to come in 2009!

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

#28 of 549 Old 01-04-2009, 12:01 AM

It's SOOO good to hear from all of you and have the thread back! I missed you all! We're doing well here, just trying to get through the long Maine winter. : The boys have been playing really well together lately so that makes us all happier!

Argh, Nate wants to nurse again and I think (hope) he's getting ready to crash, so I'll have to come back with my greetings for you guys individually. Hope you're all having a wonderful night!!!

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#29 of 549 Old 01-04-2009, 05:57 AM

Hello mamas, I'm home I arrived back in Australia early this morning after about 25hrs on a plane (had a 2hr layover between flights, but that really doesn't count for much). Thank you all for your well wishes & thoughts for this last month, it's really been hell. Jonathan is still battling a fever of unkown origin (one of the nurses said it may be neurogenic, so related to whats going on with his brain I guess) and when the temp is down, he's more alert...but when it spikes again he's spacey. I guess that's not suprising considering that's what a temp does to most adults. I'm going to call on monday so I can speak to a 'regular' nurse on the unit as the weekend/night nurse wouldn't know what's been going on with him as well.

I'm a complete zombie but I'm happy to be home in a bittersweet kind of way. The kids seem somewhat indifferent to me being home, and Lucas is a bit grumpy with me even.. but Daim is at least thrilled to have me home. I suppose it'll take a bit of time to get back to a semblance of a normal life.

While I was there my mom's husband gave me a few peices of her jewelry.. she had a lovely aquamarine ring that I remember her getting for christmas when I was a girl, and I'm planning to get it cleaned & resized soon. She had also put together a photo album of pics of me throughout my life ...along with a few report cards and paintings I'd made for her, a couple of letters I'd written her after I left home. What a bundle of memories that was! I also went to see her grave, even though I know she isn't there... the last morning before I flew out the narcissus that she planted had started blooming so I cut a few and left them for her on the way out of town.

I was missing you guys too! If there was ever a time I didn't need this board to go down, the last 2 weeks was it I'm very touched that y'all kept up with how things were going via his site though... he needs all the well wishes he can get! (and I'm not complaining about any myself either lol)

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#30 of 549 Old 01-04-2009, 06:03 AM

Cari! Hope the fever goes away soon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page