Forum Jump: 

#1 of 169 Old 01-03-2009, 03:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
for reference- here is the 2008 thread
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=822623

Happy New Year mamas!

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 169 Old 01-03-2009, 06:06 PM

OK, so I am pretty new here, and I guess i fall under the category of crunchy, at least so my non-crunchy sister tells me!

About myself, I have two little girls, 3 dogs, 2 cats. I do a little part time work, and I'm training to be a doula. I take care of the nursery in my church. My education is in classical philosophy and library and information technology. I like Dr, Who, and C.S. Lewis, and hooking rugs.

I like the mind to be a dustbin of scraps of brilliant fabric, odd gems, worthless but fascinating curiosities, tinsel, quaint bits of carving, and a reasonable amount of healthy dirt.
#3 of 169 Old 01-03-2009, 07:08 PM

: I'm here.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#4 of 169 Old 01-03-2009, 07:11 PM

I'd love to re-join.

Single WAHM to 5yo DD, 2yo DS, and forever 7 week old angel DD.
#5 of 169 Old 01-04-2009, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Happy New Year: God Bless

Just waiting for the bany to come. I'm @ 38 weeks and counting.
#6 of 169 Old 01-08-2009, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post
Happy New Year: God Bless

Just waiting for the bany to come. I'm @ 38 weeks and counting.

:

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#7 of 169 Old 01-08-2009, 04:54 AM

I did not reintroduce myself for this thread, so I thought I would.

Hi! My name is Jenny. I am a Quiverfull mom of nine children, ages ranging from five months to 18 years old. Two of whom are awaiting for me in the arms of Jesus. I am a homeschooling/unschooling, Christian, home/unassisted birther, Church Deacon, stay at home mom. I have been married to the love of my life for coming upon 20 years.

I am also an aspiring Christian Romance Writer and an avid reader (with a personal library of over 1,000 titles!). I am also currently working on my Associates Degree in Ministry.

I am most often known by my status of Mother or Wife, rarely do I stand alone as just "ME", but I don't mind.

Jesus is my Saviour and I strive to follow Him in all that I do, though I do fall short way too often.

And my way to reach out to the world and make a difference is through training up my children to be godly examples and through my contacts OL.

Well, that's me in a nutshell. I am not overly important, I just hope I can make a bit of a difference somewhere.

#8 of 169 Old 01-10-2009, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

my we've gotten quiet, huh? i'd like to ask for prayer for my nerves. i have and ultrasound appt at our local women's cetner, and then hopefully the midwifery group i'm hoping to be a patient of will call me and set up my first appointment. i'm on pins and nnedles. i'm excited, but anxious, kwim?

#9 of 169 Old 01-10-2009, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
I did not reintroduce myself for this thread, so I thought I would.

Hi! My name is Jenny. I am a Quiverfull mom of nine children, ages ranging from five months to 18 years old. Two of whom are awaiting for me in the arms of Jesus. I am a homeschooling/unschooling, Christian, home/unassisted birther, Church Deacon, stay at home mom. I have been married to the love of my life for coming upon 20 years.

I am also an aspiring Christian Romance Writer and an avid reader (with a personal library of over 1,000 titles!). I am also currently working on my Associates Degree in Ministry.

I am most often known by my status of Mother or Wife, rarely do I stand alone as just "ME", but I don't mind.

Jesus is my Saviour and I strive to follow Him in all that I do, though I do fall short way too often.

And my way to reach out to the world and make a difference is through training up my children to be godly examples and through my contacts OL.

Well, that's me in a nutshell. I am not overly important, I just hope I can make a bit of a difference somewhere.
great idea. i'll do a quick reintro too

I go by Mama Bear or my screenname on public boards in general. I'm a Christian homeschooling/unschooling, child-led-weaner (is that the right way to say that? it sounds so funny!) former slingwearing, still cosleeping mama to my 2 cubs. tig(ds) is 9, and roo(dd) is almost 6. At church, I am in the praise team, adult choir, help run the children's choir, and am in charge of the food pantry. my hub and i are highschool sweethearts, we've been together since 1990 and got married in 96. he runs the van ministry, and helps me with the food pantry. he's an emt-i for our county, works part-time for a private ambulance service, and is a volunteer feirefighter. we're striving to raise our kids to be an example of Jesus' light. i feel i fail miserably at times, but when i do i know i just need to lean on Him more.

oh, and our latest news is that we're unexpectedly expecting bearcub #3.

#10 of 169 Old 01-11-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tig99Nroo03 View Post
oh, and our latest news is that we're unexpectedly expecting bearcub #3.
Congratulations! What a wonderful way to start out the new year!

#11 of 169 Old 01-11-2009, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Baby Daniel was born 1/8:

More later.....
#12 of 169 Old 01-12-2009, 12:48 AM

I'm here, though I'm more of a lurker than a poster.

And Congratulations Nazsmum! Welcome baby Daniel!!
#13 of 169 Old 01-12-2009, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter

congrats nazsmum!

daniel!

#14 of 169 Old 01-12-2009, 02:19 AM

Congratulations!

#15 of 169 Old 01-12-2009, 03:14 AM

I'll join the conversation, though I'm not on here very often of late.

I'm Sarah. And I'm kinda crunchy. Former homeschooler, with my three bigs in public school now--3rd and 2nd grade. I'm even Room Mom for my twin guys' class now, which is disconcerting, to say the least.

I'm a child of Jesus People hippies, so I'm second-generation granola. I was the only child in my fourth grade class to even know what tofu was, let alone eat it regularly.

Let's see, other crunchy credentials...I've had a homebirth, an unmedicated hospital birth, an emergency c-section, and three unmedicated hospital VBACs. Breastfed as much as possible, through bad latches, mastitis, yeast, etc. Wore my babies until they decided being independently mobile was more fun. Cook mostly from scratch, as much organics as we can afford. Hoping to purchase a CSA share again this season.

Dh and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary this April. He travels a lot for his job, but when he's home he's a great Daddy and husband. He runs the sound board at our church, and helps out with the kid's ministry once a month.

Before we were so outnumbered we led our church's worship team. Now I limit myself to working in the nursery once a month and being a part of the women's Bible study. I miss being more involved in ministry, but for now I need to be sure I'm not trying to give more than I have--and I give a lot every day to my babies.

Sarah ~ Kinda Crunchy Mom to 11yodd , 10yods, 10yods (MZ twins), 7yods , 5yods , 3yods

#16 of 169 Old 01-12-2009, 03:35 AM

Hi I'm Michelle, wife to Bradley (since 9/5/04), mom to Rachel Grace (4/10/07) and a Baby boy on the way in 8 more weeks give or take a couple! I have been a Christian most of my life and that is definitly my inspiration to live more naturally. Just in the past few years have I been more on the "crunchy" path, though I never knew what "crunchy" meant until just a few months ago! lol.

Anyways, glad to be here and glad to see so many other Christians on here

~RG Natural Babies Free Shipping on several items and orders over $60!  BumGenius, Tiny Tush, Rumparooz, RMD, Rockin Green & more!  We have all your diapering needs!
#17 of 169 Old 01-12-2009, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey ladies, I have a HUGE embarassing TMI prayer request. I was raised as a Christian, married a wonderful Catholic hubbie, we are expecting, I am almost 30 weeks pregnant. I cannot stop well.. err.. masturbating. Its so embarassing, I dont know if its because the increase in blood flow "down there", maybe because I was fired from my job a month ago, and get bored during the day, I dont know. But I feel so guilty about it, I pray for forgiveness and yet go back and do it again and again, and its just so embarassing. I want to be strong and be a great mom and just feel like the strict household I was raised in this is a big no-no. Ugh. Please pray for me, I need some advice and help

Proud mama of 2 beautiful boys!! One born 2/2009 and the other 5/2011
#18 of 169 Old 01-12-2009, 09:11 PM

I'm slightly crunchy! Can I join in?

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#19 of 169 Old 01-13-2009, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikimezz View Post
Hey ladies, I have a HUGE embarassing TMI prayer request. I was raised as a Christian, married a wonderful Catholic hubbie, we are expecting, I am almost 30 weeks pregnant. I cannot stop well.. err.. masturbating. Its so embarassing, I dont know if its because the increase in blood flow "down there", maybe because I was fired from my job a month ago, and get bored during the day, I dont know. But I feel so guilty about it, I pray for forgiveness and yet go back and do it again and again, and its just so embarassing. I want to be strong and be a great mom and just feel like the strict household I was raised in this is a big no-no. Ugh. Please pray for me, I need some advice and help
This really is a delicate matter, isn't it.

Since you asked for advice, I thought I would give you my take on this.

I can't say whether or not your actions are a sin, because honestly, it does not matter. If you feel it is a sin, then it is a sin to you and you should repent and turn away from it.

If it is an obsession, where you are "compelled" to do it, then it is a sin because it has become like a "god" and you should repent and turn away from it.

If it is in anyway seperating you from your husband emotionally or physically, then it is a sexual sin and you should turn away from it.

If it is in anyway causing you to have unclean thoughts (lustful thoughts about someone other than your husband, fantasy thoughts about ficticuous person or persons, etc) then it is adultery and is a sin, and you should repent and turn away from it.

If it is none of the above, and does not fall into the catagory of sin, then that is something you need to bring to the foot of the cross and ask Jesus about.

If it is a sin, repent. To repent, you must make a choice. Ask for forgiveness, but then you must also choose to break the cycle of sin. Stop. And when you feel the urge, remove yourself from the situation. If you have "toys" get rid of them or put them out of reach. If you have a "place" don't go there. If you have a "time", busy yourself during it. When you find yourself with too much time and an urge, pull out your Bible and get together with God. Spending time in His presense will push the drive to sin back down.

This is all with the assumption that it is a sin (which again, I am not saying it is or it isn't because quite honestly, I am not sure, even though I have my own thoughts on this).

Here is something else you can do, go to your husband. You don't have to say what you have been doing, but ask him to fulfill your needs. Be honest with him. A husband and wife should be able to talk freely about their sexual relationship. It took my DH and I many years to decide we could talk about it, and it was not easy, but once we began to open up, things changed drastically.

Most men are ready on a moments notice for a chance to DTD. And at the risk of TMI, experiment with him. There is nothing that a DH and DW can try in their marriage bed that is wrong (well, with the possible exception of "playing" other people, then it could become mental adultery, or including extra people). Perhaps your DH can fulfill your needs, either with conventional means or non-conventional means (there is always "more than one way to skin a cat" as they always say). And if that can not be done, or he is too tired or unwilling, perhaps he would like to just watch? Some men like that sort of thing, and it usually gets them involved.

Perhaps with more husband time you will not feel so driven to do it alone.

Find something to busy your time with during your time away from your DH. Who knows, this could be a really good time in your marriage.

#20 of 169 Old 01-13-2009, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
Welcome to the tribe!

#21 of 169 Old 01-13-2009, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks kidzaplenty you helped a ton!

Proud mama of 2 beautiful boys!! One born 2/2009 and the other 5/2011
#22 of 169 Old 01-13-2009, 04:26 PM

I think I belong here too I am Rachel... SAHM to Trevor (9 months) and baby X due to make an appearance in June-ish! DH is in the Army and we are stationed in Louisiana... which is WAY different then our home state of Washington!! We really just moved down here and are trying to get settled, find a church, find friends... all that jazz

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
#23 of 169 Old 01-13-2009, 07:10 PM

I used to belong to a Crunchy Christians thread a long time ago...I'd like to rejoin! I'll be back later, though, to introduce myself. My computer time is almost up!
#24 of 169 Old 01-13-2009, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBugsMom View Post
I'll join the conversation, though I'm not on here very often of late.
Dh and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary this April. He travels a lot for his job, but when he's home he's a great Daddy and husband. He runs the sound board at our church, and helps out with the kid's ministry once a month.

Before we were so outnumbered we led our church's worship team. Now I limit myself to working in the nursery once a month and being a part of the women's Bible study. I miss being more involved in ministry, but for now I need to be sure I'm not trying to give more than I have--and I give a lot every day to my babies.
Sarah what a healthy perspective. my hub is a "sound guy" too, though he only does it every once in awhile- they do a rotation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGsMom View Post
Hi I'm Michelle, wife to Bradley (since 9/5/04), mom to Rachel Grace (4/10/07) and a Baby boy on the way in 8 more weeks give or take a couple! I have been a Christian most of my life and that is definitly my inspiration to live more naturally. Just in the past few years have I been more on the "crunchy" path, though I never knew what "crunchy" meant until just a few months ago! lol.

Anyways, glad to be here and glad to see so many other Christians on here
Michelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikimezz View Post
first off,
secondly, i will pray for your needs, and i'll agree with everything that kidzaplenty said. and as we aren't really allowed to discuss $ex in general on this board, i highly recommend you check out www.themarriagebed.com it is a Christian-run board and has lots of great info...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
This really is a delicate matter, isn't it.

Since you asked for advice, I thought I would give you my take on this.

I can't say whether or not your actions are a sin, because honestly, it does not matter. If you feel it is a sin, then it is a sin to you and you should repent and turn away from it.

If it is an obsession, where you are "compelled" to do it, then it is a sin because it has become like a "god" and you should repent and turn away from it.

If it is in anyway seperating you from your husband emotionally or physically, then it is a sexual sin and you should turn away from it.

If it is in anyway causing you to have unclean thoughts (lustful thoughts about someone other than your husband, fantasy thoughts about ficticuous person or persons, etc) then it is adultery and is a sin, and you should repent and turn away from it.

If it is none of the above, and does not fall into the catagory of sin, then that is something you need to bring to the foot of the cross and ask Jesus about.

If it is a sin, repent. To repent, you must make a choice. Ask for forgiveness, but then you must also choose to break the cycle of sin. Stop. And when you feel the urge, remove yourself from the situation. If you have "toys" get rid of them or put them out of reach. If you have a "place" don't go there. If you have a "time", busy yourself during it. When you find yourself with too much time and an urge, pull out your Bible and get together with God. Spending time in His presense will push the drive to sin back down.

This is all with the assumption that it is a sin (which again, I am not saying it is or it isn't because quite honestly, I am not sure, even though I have my own thoughts on this).

Here is something else you can do, go to your husband. You don't have to say what you have been doing, but ask him to fulfill your needs. Be honest with him. A husband and wife should be able to talk freely about their sexual relationship. It took my DH and I many years to decide we could talk about it, and it was not easy, but once we began to open up, things changed drastically.

Most men are ready on a moments notice for a chance to DTD. And at the risk of TMI, experiment with him. There is nothing that a DH and DW can try in their marriage bed that is wrong (well, with the possible exception of "playing" other people, then it could become mental adultery, or including extra people). Perhaps your DH can fulfill your needs, either with conventional means or non-conventional means (there is always "more than one way to skin a cat" as they always say). And if that can not be done, or he is too tired or unwilling, perhaps he would like to just watch? Some men like that sort of thing, and it usually gets them involved.

Perhaps with more husband time you will not feel so driven to do it alone.

Find something to busy your time with during your time away from your DH. Who knows, this could be a really good time in your marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
I think I belong here too I am Rachel... SAHM to Trevor (9 months) and baby X due to make an appearance in June-ish! DH is in the Army and we are stationed in Louisiana... which is WAY different then our home state of Washington!! We really just moved down here and are trying to get settled, find a church, find friends... all that jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwill129 View Post
I used to belong to a Crunchy Christians thread a long time ago...I'd like to rejoin! I'll be back later, though, to introduce myself. My computer time is almost up!

i remember you, welcome back

#25 of 169 Old 01-13-2009, 10:29 PM

I think I belong here, too. I'm in the "slightly crunchy, getting crisper" category, I guess. I'm crunchy about some things, not so much about others.

Amy loving DH 5/04, raising DD 2/05 and DS 11/09; missing my mom& my babies 6/07, 12/07; and on the side
#26 of 169 Old 01-14-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tig99Nroo03 View Post
Sarah what a healthy perspective. my hub is a "sound guy" too, though he only does it every once in awhile- they do a rotation
Oh, yeah, my guy is on a rotation, too. He takes the fourth Sunday of the month, and any fifth Sundays are his, too.

Sarah ~ Kinda Crunchy Mom to 11yodd , 10yods, 10yods (MZ twins), 7yods , 5yods , 3yods

#27 of 169 Old 01-14-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
I'm in Louisiana, and while there's no base around where I am now, I have lived in a few different areas around the state. I might be able to recommend a church. Or I might not. PM if you're interested.
#28 of 169 Old 01-14-2009, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustmamie View Post
I think I belong here, too. I'm in the "slightly crunchy, getting crisper" category, I guess. I'm crunchy about some things, not so much about others.

#29 of 169 Old 01-14-2009, 04:55 PM

I just wanted to come back and introduce myself. My name is Shannon, 30 year old homemaker and wife of 7 years to Matt. Mommy to 3 great kids (6 year old boy, 4 year old girl and 2 year old boy) and pregnant with #4. I am crunchy some days and not so crunchy others! Some days I feel like I need to be really careful about everything we eat, put on our bodies, etc, but some days I feel like I may be getting too obsessed and tone it down a bit!

I'm excited to rejoin here because I feel like sometimes being online I get too worldy. I don't know if that makes sense or not, but I'm in need of some online Christian friends in addition to my IRL Christian friends!
#30 of 169 Old 01-14-2009, 05:34 PM

Hi! I'm Natalie... I've been married for 1 1/2 years, and we have a 9 month old and a baby due in April.

Sometimes I feel not-so-crunchy just because there are things out of my control (like my grocery budget) that mean I can't do what I'd like to. I've accepted that, though, and I'm working on just being a good steward of what I can control- being frugal, aware, and doing the best I can with what I have. Fortunately, crunchy and frugal frequently coincide!

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page