Quiverful Tribe: It's 2009! (Part 1) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 993 Old 01-04-2009, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's a new thread for us! Not limited to a particular season, we can keep going until it become long and cumbersome, then start a Part 2 thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quiverful Tribe: It's 2009! (Part 1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The purpose of this tribe is to offer and receive encouragement and support for a quiverful lifestyle. That is, a lifestyle which embraces children as a blessing from God, and acknowledges that it is God who is the keeper of the womb, both opening and shutting it. We welcome all who strive to trust God's wisdom in directing and shaping our families, as well as those who are learning about and prayerfully considering this lifestyle.

We also welcome respectful questions and comments from anyone who is curious! We willingly admit that yes, we are totally nuts! (and we love every Romans 12:2 minute! )

Psalm 127:3-5
3) Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
4) As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
5) Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed,
but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
#2 of 993 Old 01-04-2009, 12:11 AM

A new thread for a new year

I have been inactive on the old one... but I read every post. I thought I should come and check in and reintroduce myself Alison... with my partner in life James. Currently one earthside kiddo, Tobias who is almost 2.5 and we are expecting another one earthside in about 5.5 weeks.

I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. It seems like I was *just* finding out... and now I'm just weeks away from delivering this one. I am a mad woman trying to wrap up school and business stuff and get as much of my house in shape as possible before the baby is here.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year. I am wishing you all an awesome 2009

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
#3 of 993 Old 01-04-2009, 01:18 AM

I'm here! So busy that I have just not been as active myself. Life is very full, especially with my LO who is now five months old! Where did the time go?

An interesting developement, AF is MIA for over a week. I have POAS and had FOUR BFN, so I do not think I really am PG, but if I am, I will be expecting another LO in September! This would be the closest together I have had two babies, 13 months. However, if I am not PG, well... I guess AF just needed a vacation! Eventually, I will know one way or another.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#4 of 993 Old 01-04-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
I'm here! So busy that I have just not been as active myself. Life is very full, especially with my LO who is now five months old! Where did the time go?

An interesting developement, AF is MIA for over a week. I have POAS and had FOUR BFN, so I do not think I really am PG, but if I am, I will be expecting another LO in September! This would be the closest together I have had two babies, 13 months. However, if I am not PG, well... I guess AF just needed a vacation! Eventually, I will know one way or another.
Sending good thoughts that all works out in the most perfect way for you as I'm sure it will

I clicked on your blog and I loved reading about your family Christmas. Some awesome traditions there. And might I add that tree for your Mother is amazing. I am totally in love with it!

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
#5 of 993 Old 01-04-2009, 05:04 PM

Hurray!!!! :

We're still here!

Lori, mom to Elise 6/06, Ivy 4/08 and pos.gif 12/11
#6 of 993 Old 01-04-2009, 07:56 PM

Hello again everyone. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas and New Year. We did. As we enter this year, it's really easy for us to count each of our blessings from the Lord. My husband is enjoying his new, better job. I'm enjoying a healthy second pregnancy, which so far seems like it is going to outlast the first one. It's been wonderful, and complication free. I think he's a little on the big side, though, since he's already taking up breathing room. We've decided to name him Mathias David. My father-in-law is named David and seemed very happy with our choice. Mathias is far more active than Kimari was in the womb. And I think he's relieved not to be squished by the contractions nursing Kimari was bringing on. She just spent her first weekend away from home at my dad's house with him, his wife and 3 of the kids. My dad has 9, but only 3 live there full time, and one is there part time. The rest of us are old enough not to do overnights anymore. So I'm no longer toddler nursing, and I think it'll be nice to have the break before beginning a whole new nursing cycle. Especially since now I need to begin house hunting. I will probably stick around long enough to give birth in this house, though. It was my great-grandma's, and now it is my grandma's and will pass to my mom, so it's a good place for birthing.

Speaking of breaks, Jenny.... A break from AF is always nice. Especially if it results in another little love.

Sarah- I saw a response you gave in another thread, and I have to say that you are an amazingly well spoken woman. You're always very inspirational. And I hope your move is going well. Where did you move to and from, if you're comfortable disclosing?

Bri: mom to K: and M: at 27 weeks and 33 weeks :
#7 of 993 Old 01-04-2009, 08:58 PM

I was pretty active on the last thread... but i will reintroduce myself here.

I'm Laura married to my husband for going on 10 years. we have an 8yr old and a 4 yr old and I'm 6 months pregnant with our third. We were not always of QF thinking. infct we decided on it (after much prayer and feeling convicted by the lord) in July. I got pregnant in August! (sometimes God works faster than we think he will!)

Because so many peopel here ask abut QF struggles, infertility and sickness I will share the very quick story of our lives.... (very quick)

I get very ill with my pregnancies. not morning sicknes, but Hyperemsis Gravidarum. (I'm also in the habit of getting GD and pre-e) from a liver problem. My first pregnancy I never knew what hit me. I was slammed with sickness and before I could climb my way back out I had lost 30 lbs! (within 7-8 weeks time). I was hospitalized for a good while, in and out. no med every took it all away, but my body started to get a little better about 5 months .... when I started in with the Pre-E. *sigh* and I not only gained back the 30lbs but gained another 65 lbs on top of that!! I was so very sick.

second pregnancy I was even sicker, but i had better insurance so the hospital was a lot more helpful. I only lost 22 lbs, and I managed to just get close to GD and Pre-E but never got the full diagnosis.I was very sick and gained a lot of weight.

we figured we woudn't hae anymore. it was SO emotionally, physically and financially straining on everyone. I had ot get friends to watch my boy while I was in the hosptal, and my poor husband did EVERYTHING for the first sveral months, and most everything for the last couple. also my body was SO very very ill from beign sick so much. I developed Celiac disease, a host of bowel problems and many other issues that go along with it. I have never been right since my 2nd pregnancy.... so the idea of getting pregnant terrified us! (plus my 2nd child was VERY ill as a baby and toddler and we hadn't slept in the better part of 3.5 years. frankly we were exhausted and overwhelmed and the idea of having another pregnancy and child to raise was just too much.
and then.. the lord spoke. lol. He put it clearly (separately) on our hearts. ack!! we both were like "what!?! are you sure, God!?! do you realize how sick I got? how sick our daughter was!? are you sure this is a good idea!?"

and still the conviction lay deeply on our hearts. *sigh* to my prayed and submitted. not to sound like we didn't want more kids, or that we don't believe children are a blessing etc... ut to be frank, it just wasn't in our plans at all. we were both so very burnt out with sickness! we wanted a break!! maybe even to never return to that again. so this calling from god took us by surprise.

well we prayed and submitted and begged God's mercy to not let me get sick again. ro atleast not that sick. next cycle i was pregnant. and sick. SO sick. more sick than the last times. *sigh* why did God allow it? I do not know. I wish he had said to me "b/c of your obedience I will take away your sickness and guarantee you a healthy child". but He did not.

and so I am learning humility, submission and God is slowly and steadily pulling all the ugliness - fear, anxiety, resentment and anger out my heart and making me deal with it. it's a tough process. but this baby (though I STILL don't feel "ready" for it) has changed our livs so very very much. I am so thankful for that. God is good! and I realize if I want God to be in control, I have to let control... and that just isn't easy when you lived in fear and anger for a long time.

I say all that to say being QF isn't alwyas this big happy story. we're still humans. with physical, emotional and spiritual battles. maybe this isn't talked about enough... but it is true!

transtichel.gifMom of three - (2.5 yrs, 7yrs, and 11yrs). Birthing Doula, editor, and wife to my soulmate. I've had a c/s, hospital VBAC, UC and not yet decided what I'll do about this next little one

#8 of 993 Old 01-05-2009, 04:46 PM

Hi! I've been at least following this thread for the last 19 months. I've been married to my sweatheart for 4 1/2 years and we have 3 beautiful children. For 1 week we had 3 kids under 3. : Our lastest blessing was just born December 21st.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#9 of 993 Old 01-05-2009, 11:26 PM

Subbing Quickly Internet keeps going on and off!!

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#10 of 993 Old 01-06-2009, 01:24 AM

Don't have much time at the moment, but wanted to update. AF showed up, I MC today. However, since I did not get a BFP, it really feels more like a late AF. I guess it was just not ment to be this time. But that is OK. I think I feel worse from the food poisoning I just got over than the physical MC symptoms. It's all in God's control.

So, I am good.

#11 of 993 Old 01-06-2009, 10:30 AM

I'm here!

I'm Maggie, married 6+ years to Josiah, with our three little boys (who are 5.5, 3.5, and 20 months). We were both QF before we even met each other.

Over the holidays my af took a vacation and it was 9 days late. I was so sure I was pregnant. But I wasn't. <sigh> Definately puts a different perspective on trusting God for me. I am trying to have a good attitude. I do have a huge amount of weight to lose and I want to look at this as an opportunity to get healthy before God gives us a new baby. We started our year with a "Daniel Fast" along with the rest of our church and I have lost 5 lb just cutting out the caffiene and refined sugar. I hadn't realized how addicted I was.
#12 of 993 Old 01-06-2009, 09:36 PM

Hi everyone! I'm Kristi, I'm new 'round here. I'm QF, DH is definately NOT, although he is happy we have a larger than most family. (We're expecting #4.) We talk onand off about having more, but I don't exactly glow when I'm pregnant, so he doesn't like when I get preg. But, it's something I pray about a lot.

Kristi

Wife to 1 since 2000

Mom to 6 hippie.gif('01), jammin.gif ('02), superhero.gif('07), bouncy.gif ('09), energy.gif ('09), diaper.gif ('10)

homeschool.gif

#13 of 993 Old 01-07-2009, 12:27 AM

:
#14 of 993 Old 01-07-2009, 12:52 AM

I'm here. My fiance and I are currently absinant (sp? lol) until we are married. Has anyone had only cesarean deliveries?
#15 of 993 Old 01-07-2009, 02:22 AM

I am here I know I posted in the last thread, but I am about 12 weeks along with baby number 3 Out first "QF baby" Feeling pretty yucky but it is getting a bit better. We are so excited Shebear, are you going to add all the pg /births to the front page again?

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

#16 of 993 Old 01-07-2009, 10:44 AM

Hello, I'm Andrea, mom to DD 3.5 years, DS almost 2 years and DD 8 months. We didn't know we were qf, but God has made it clear that he wants children for us.

Since we have three little ones, I'm curious how other families live day to day. With more children, it seems more difficult for one parent to take three children out of the house to do errands or socialize the children outside the home. How does everyone else do it? We're also considering homeschooling, but DH is very concerned that I won't allow the kids to socialize and have friends. Is it necessary to have the kids socializing with other kids on a daily basis? Don't they just enjoy each other's company the more children you have in the house? How do you get over the panic of a child running into the parking lot while you are busy unloading babies into a stroller or shopping cart? How many times in a week do you get out of the house with the kids?

I'm just curious if I'm the only "homebody" who would rather snuggle up on the floor under a quilt and read some good books with my little babies. Thanks in advance for your responses!
#17 of 993 Old 01-07-2009, 01:38 PM

I haven't posted to the threads in a long time, so I will reintroduce myself. I'm Amanda, married to my DH for 5 years in February. We have 2 children, ages 3 and 16 months. We've been QF since a few months into our marriage.

Amanda, wife to A , mama to D ('05), O ('07), and W ('10)
#18 of 993 Old 01-07-2009, 02:25 PM

It is hard to believe it is 2009 already. December 08 was a crazy month for us.

We had our 5th baby (3rd QF) one. It was a wonderful HBAC birth with our favorite midwife. Unfortunetly my mom was hospitalized with double pneumonia during the time I gave birth. She came home several days later only to infect the baby. At 10 days old our newborn was admitted to the hospital for 4 days with pneumonia also.

Now my mom is in the hospital with an MRSA staph infection that she came down with 3 days after we brought the baby home.

Germs....one of the many reasons I don't give birth in the HOSPITAL....they have invaded my home and I can't seem to get away from them. I spend my days cleaning, nursing and still trying to recover. Due to all the stress after the birth....my recovery is taking much longer than normal....still bleeding red almost 25 days later. AUGH...just need a little down time.

I am starting to feel some PPD setting in and I am fighting that off with everything I have...prayer, supplements and activity. So hard when there is so much abnormal stress over and above....a newborn and the holidays.

I am really focused on making a better 2009.
#19 of 993 Old 01-07-2009, 02:33 PM

Andrea, we are homebodies. Our kids don't suffer from "lack of socialization". Although, it is funny when we do homeschool gym and when the kids are told to "form a line" they all wander around confused.

Most days our kids play with each other. Once a week we get together with other homeschoolers, and on Sundays there is an hour with peers in Sunday school. IMO, that is more than enough socialization. Even so, none of our kids is shy and retiring, or lacking normal social skills for their ages.
#20 of 993 Old 01-08-2009, 12:07 AM

Hi! I'm Susannah. I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I check in every day. We are currently pregnant with number 2, due in March, our first QF baby. Though, DS was definitely God's idea as well! Our journey to becoming QF had to do with fertility issues and accepting the fact that God may only have one baby in mind for us and that we would be okay with that. No doctors or drugs or anything, you know? Only prayer and trusting God.

Anyway, that's about all! Looking forward to reading your posts and praying with you.
#21 of 993 Old 01-08-2009, 12:13 AM

Thanks for your reply, Maggie! Good to hear that I'm not the only homebody! That's funny about forming a line, it's a skill the kids don't need when they grow up anyway.

Whew, I feel normal now!
#22 of 993 Old 01-08-2009, 12:38 AM

You are all so much faster than me

Happy New Year!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#23 of 993 Old 01-08-2009, 03:11 AM

I was thinking that we should have some sort of question of the week or something. To help keep the thread alive and kicking! I do like live and kicking threads!

So I guess I will start.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK:
What is the one unique thing about each of your children?

And since QF does not mean you will have children, if you don't have children:

What is one unique thing about you that makes you stand apart from everyone else?

#24 of 993 Old 01-08-2009, 03:38 AM

QUESTION OF THE WEEK:

Well, my children, though they have a lot in common and are very evidently from the same parents they all have unique personalities.

One-of-Nine is my oldest, a daughter.
She is bubbly and outgoing, very much an extrovert. Loves everyone and most everyone loves her. She laughs and smiles most all the time. She loves to give of herself and wants to make a difference in the world.

Two-of-Nine is my second daughter. :
She is the exact opposite of One-of-Nine. She is an introvert to the core. She could disappear in an empty room and you would never see her or hear her. But she is smart beyond most. She "sees" things that most people miss. And she loves to dance! She wants to be a dancer. And loves the computer.

Three-of-Nine is my third, but oldest son.
He has the energy of the Energizer Bunny...times 1,000! Constantly bouncing off the wall since the day he was born. Yet, he has the most tender heart. He yearns for my approval, and will become totally devistated if I am disappointed in him. He wants to be a destructor! (Like demolishing building and such.)

Four-of-Nine is my third daughter. :
She is my "girly girl". Soft and pretty. Materialistic. Loves to shop. Very strong willed (which can be a killer combination). Loves to paint and draw. She wants to be an artist.

Five-of-Nine is my second son. :nana:
He is my "runt". The smallest of my pack. Always has been and likely always will be. He does have tons of energy, though not quite enough to match Three-of-Nine. And he loves to climb. To the top of anything. From the time he could walk he was climbing. He wants to climb mountains.

Six-of-Nine is my fourth daughter.
She was the beat of my heart. Always smiling. Loved Mommy to distraction. She was also a pick pocket at 12 months! And she was good! Though she is no long with us, she is always in our hearts.

Seven-of-Nine is my third son.
He has tons of energy, as much as Three-of-Nine, maybe even more. And he has the power of a tank in him. Litterally. Give him a chance and he will take anyone or anything down that he puts his mind to. Not sure what he will be when he grows up, but he will be a force to be reconded with, that's for sure.

Eight-of-Nine is my fourth son.
He was my little secret. Meant only for my heart to know. Born still at 18 wks.

Nine-of-Nine is my fifth son.
He is one very smart little baby! Always looking around, afraid to sleep thinking he will miss something. He is constantly watching, observing. He seems an interesting mix of Two-of-Nine and Three-of-Nine. I will have to wait and see, though.

Well, those are my children and their uniquenesses.

What is one unique thing about you that makes you stand apart from everyone else?

I think I am unique in that I am happy just being a Mom. Staying at home, serving my family, being surrounded by children. I do not crave "adult" attention from the outside. I would be content to spend the rest of my life in my house just being with my children and husband. (Even though I do want them to grow up and become their own person.)

#25 of 993 Old 01-08-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Ds1: He is soooo like his daddy. Oh my. And that causes trouble. Perfectionist, highly sensitive, extremely intelligent (5 yo, grasps multiplication, yowzas!)

Ds2: (3.5 yo) He's my daydreamer. Usually off in his own little world. Also very intelligent, but more in the grammar-police type of way. He will be running through the house on his own business, hear ds1 use a wrong verb tense, and do a drive-by correction.

Ds3: (20 months) With him everything is drama. He is hilarious! Utterly adorable. He is the one that makes us struggle to hold in our laughter when he needs correction. And right now he is obsessed with hats. He goes to bed wearing a denim cap with a tuba on it, bill turned to the front. In the daytime he finds the hat in his bed, and puts it on before I even get to him--during the day it's backwards so the bill doesn't get in the way of his eyesight.
#26 of 993 Old 01-08-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstump View Post
It is hard to believe it is 2009 already. December 08 was a crazy month for us.

We had our 5th baby (3rd QF) one. It was a wonderful HBAC birth with our favorite midwife. Unfortunetly my mom was hospitalized with double pneumonia during the time I gave birth. She came home several days later only to infect the baby. At 10 days old our newborn was admitted to the hospital for 4 days with pneumonia also.

Now my mom is in the hospital with an MRSA staph infection that she came down with 3 days after we brought the baby home.

Germs....one of the many reasons I don't give birth in the HOSPITAL....they have invaded my home and I can't seem to get away from them. I spend my days cleaning, nursing and still trying to recover. Due to all the stress after the birth....my recovery is taking much longer than normal....still bleeding red almost 25 days later. AUGH...just need a little down time.

I am starting to feel some PPD setting in and I am fighting that off with everything I have...prayer, supplements and activity. So hard when there is so much abnormal stress over and above....a newborn and the holidays.

I am really focused on making a better 2009.

Hugs mama. If there is ANYTHING you need, let me know. I am always here for you!

Lori, mom to Elise 6/06, Ivy 4/08 and pos.gif 12/11
#27 of 993 Old 01-08-2009, 05:44 PM

Andrea, I have to tell you that the parking lot thing did happen to me the other day!! It was my second time leaving the house with all three of my kids, and my two older kids both went running while I was getting the baby out of the car!!! I hollered for my oldest to STOP and went running after my son. I knew he wouldn't stop! There were two Grandma's in the parking lot staring at me. Thankfully one of them stayed by my oldest until I could get to her. That was at the grocery store and today when I had to go again, I parked by a cart thing and put my kids in a cart straight out of the car.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#28 of 993 Old 01-08-2009, 06:07 PM

For the question of the week... I've only got one child on the outside right now. And she is the toddler tornado. She's smart, and curious... And sometimes a little naughty. I'm so proud of her for the way she's taken to weaning. She fought it at first, of course, but now she can sleep next to me in bed without asking to nurse at all.

Bri: mom to K: and M: at 27 weeks and 33 weeks :
#29 of 993 Old 01-08-2009, 08:09 PM

100% Mom - that is scary! I have had the same concern in the grocery store parking lot. Something similar happened to me, where my oldest was playing with a pile of snow on the sidewalk while I was strapping the two younger kids in the car, then the next second, she was gone! She had walked around the car and close to traffic. My heart jumped into my throat! I do what you do, where I just toss the three kids into a shopping cart. I will drive around the entire parking lot looking for those plastic kiddie cars first.

I actually got out of the house today and I was so proud of myself. I even made an extra stop and stopped by a local pet store. They didn't have what I was looking for, but we enjoyed looking at all the fish and rodents! The weather was great, too, so I was happy to leave the house. I don't know what I'd do without my double stroller.
#30 of 993 Old 01-08-2009, 11:23 PM

One unique thing.......

DD1- People pleaser and so sensative to others feelings. Her intuition is amazing.

DD2- Tornado, amazing and brilliant with logic. She can persuade anyone to do anything.

DS1- Sweet boy, loves his mama and has the BEST imagination.

DD3- BIG personality...kind of a bully with strong opinions right now... but I can see her being a great decision maker in the future.

DD4 - so far...only 3 weeks old...so sweet and unique...so far we KNOW she will be WELL LOVED.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page