~*Biblical Marriage with Wifely Submission #13 2009*~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-30-2009, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee View Post
I am

It has been a LONG road for us though. Something we are still really trying to work through.
We are right there too... though DH has been changing a lot in his thinking in the past year which has helped enormously!! I feel like God is really working in his heart lately.

Rachel, proud Army wife to my superhero.gif and SAHM to my crazy boys jumpers.gif... Trevor 4/08, Trenton 6/09 and Travis 10/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2009, 08:35 PM

Hello, I would also like to join this thread. I've been feeling quite lost lately and some encouragement to be submissive to DH might help. I've never really been good at that. Ok, actually, I suck at it. And to be honest, DH is not all that great at leading either.

So I'll be here, looking for community and encouragement, offering what I can, soaking up wisdom.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 04-30-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
And to be honest, DH is not all that great at leading either.
Does he have a desire to be the leader at home? Or is he content in letting you lead? Pray for him, that he be the leader God desires him to be in your home! And give him opportunities to lead, but in doing so take opportunities to be submissive. Praying for you!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:37 AM

I only just started visiting mdc again after a good 2 years or so, I think. I guess I dont need to go into why I stopped but recently, reluctantly felt 'called' back and I dont know why tbh, but I stumbled onto this thread just now and thought 'hmmm this 'feels' right'. Ive posted a bit in religious studies already, and bumped into some of you there already, so... if its ok, Id like to join this thread??

Ill just start out by saying I was *shocked* at how much I could relate to some of the more recent posts...

cappaccinosmom... you said...

Quote:
I think one mistake people make (and i've made it) is thinking that submission looks the same in every marriage. Different personalities necessitate different ways of relating.
My dh, for instance, is not a sensitive man at all. At. All. Added on top of that is a difficult childhood, a stint in the army during a civil war, and a lot of other tough stuff. It was a rocky road, learning to live peacefully together. I can't do the "lie down and take it" thing with him. I can't do "whatever you say, dear" with him. I can and do verbally encourage him and build him up. But what makes him feel loved is when I take care of things, don't lose things, make sure the children are well-taken care of, and trust his decision-making and admire his visionary spirit. Those things are actually much harder for me than just saying "I love you" 50 times a day. We eventually reached a truce point--understanding each other and being willing to do for the other what makes them happy, even if we don't understand *why*.
And I can completely relate... My dh is probably more sensitive then I give him credit for... well lets just say he's sensitive in his very own special way... lol. Which to me is rather INsensitive, but to him... he says his sensitivity must just hover just below or above my sensitivity radar! LOL.
and that quote about being submissive enough to duck in order for God to hit your dh... thats kind of been my philosophy on wifely submission in the past too, lol. I absolutely adore my dh and we too have had a rocky road. A lot of it has been quite a bit of misunderstanding, mostly lately. We've been married for 10 years (yay!). Wifely submission looked very different ON me to my other christian friends. And for what its worth, I dont know ANY one irl who even recognises biblical wifely submission. I dont think of it as an institution actually. I think submission is something taught to all believers but there is something special about learning to be a quiet and gentle spirit in my home. And, I didnt always practice that. I still have a rather big mouth but I no longer scream and shout at the kids, nor do I throw things at dh anymore, which I suppose is a start, huh! Im learning to open my mouth with wisdom. that sounds so pretentious but I dont mean it that way. Im learning to think before I speak, to pray while Im ... well all the time... to walk in the Holy Spirit. And that is incredibly awesome. Anyway, looking forward to hanging out here a bit. Talk again soon.
gen
Old 05-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Banned

What is everyone's thoughts on working outside the home while DH is a SAHD? This is the situation that we are beginning in June as I make significantly more money than DH right now and have a good secure job.

I won't be offended because I don't think we have a choice right now (if we want to keep our house and eat!). But what are your thoughts on this in general and if in the situation how do you keep DH in the lead?
Old 05-01-2009, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My thought is that Titus 2 says women should be "busy at home" or "workers at home" or "homemakers" (depending on your translation). So, if we are to follow God's picture of how the the family should ideally look, the husband would work while the wife stayed home to care for the children and the home. I don't see anything wrong with women finding a way to bring in extra money for the household, as long as their primary role is that of wife and mother and their duties aren't being neglected.

I'm not trying to offend you or your families choices or anything, just throwing out there how I see it.

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

Old 05-01-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaigeC View Post
What is everyone's thoughts on working outside the home while DH is a SAHD? This is the situation that we are beginning in June as I make significantly more money than DH right now and have a good secure job.

I won't be offended because I don't think we have a choice right now (if we want to keep our house and eat!). But what are your thoughts on this in general and if in the situation how do you keep DH in the lead?
We are partially in this situation as DH will be at home with baby M-F when I return to work after my leave. He's technically not a SAHD though because he works weekend nights, but I am still working full time because I make more money. This fall he will resume school and after he finishes his engineering degree and gets a job making enough to sustain the family - I will come home to be a SAHM.

I believe that you can still be submissive in not letting the fact that you "bring home the bacon" give you the big head and make you arrogant and disrespectful toward your husband. This is the individual situation that your family is in, as long as your behaviors and attitudes toward your family is still pleasing to God who cares what judgments others will place on you?

To answer your question - he is still in the lead; he has delegated you to go out and work to keep the family afloat while he maintains the home and nurtures your children until you return.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie's Mama View Post
My thought is that Titus 2 says women should be "busy at home" or "workers at home" or "homemakers" (depending on your translation). So, if we are to follow God's picture of how the the family should ideally look, the husband would work while the wife stayed home to care for the children and the home. I don't see anything wrong with women finding a way to bring in extra money for the household, as long as their primary role is that of wife and mother and their duties aren't being neglected.

I'm not trying to offend you or your families choices or anything, just throwing out there how I see it.
I'm definitely not offended. I've prayed about just this thing so much.

My situation is really a result of our years of infertility (no babies so I kept getting graduate degrees!). I wonder why God led us down that path. We definitely don't live beyond our means and thus I'm not working to afford our lifestyle (lol, totally laughable). DH lost his job about the time I got back to back promotions. *sigh* I only hope that I can make your last sentence true and still be primarily a wife and mother and pray that God will give us a different opportunity if that is his will.

Thanks lj2blessed. We have been joking about me being his "sugar mama" and stuff. And of course everyone else jokes like that. My theory is that it is $, not really 'working', that creates an imbalance of 'power.' Luckily we have always made money decisions together and never based on whose money it was. Besides, I think the current economy kind of makes any job a blessing.

It all kind of makes me sad. I've always felt my calling was to homeschool...then 9 years of infertility just...idk...changed everything.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:29 PM

I read your blog and felt like I better understood your situation. I definitely think it sounds like you are doing what you need to do to provide for your family and that is good. Like you said though, if you keep your focus on taking care of you husband and baby, then you are doing your best. Remember too that Proverbs 31 speaks of the woman bringing in money for her family..."she provides food for her family", "she considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard", "she sees that her trading is profitable", "she makes linen garments and sells them", etc. So, maybe you can see it as temporary and as fulfilling your role in making sure your family is provided for.

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png

Old 05-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie's Mama View Post
I read your blog and felt like I better understood your situation. I definitely think it sounds like you are doing what you need to do to provide for your family and that is good. Like you said though, if you keep your focus on taking care of you husband and baby, then you are doing your best. Remember too that Proverbs 31 speaks of the woman bringing in money for her family..."she provides food for her family", "she considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard", "she sees that her trading is profitable", "she makes linen garments and sells them", etc. So, maybe you can see it as temporary and as fulfilling your role in making sure your family is provided for.
Wow that really helped! Thanks Evie I had completely forgotten about those verses. (and thanks for visiting my blog )
Old 05-02-2009, 02:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Paige, I don't think there's anything inherently unbiblical about you working out of the home given your situation. The Titus 2 passage about homemakers was written in a situation where the alternative to women being "busy at home" was gossiping and visiting the days away. Women weren't the primary breadwinners back then, and the whole structure of society was quite different, so I don't think one can directly apply the passage to today. You know? I highly doubt Paul (was it Paul?) was trying to say "Women shouldn't work outside the home in cases of financial necessity"; rather "Women should perform their appointed tasts [which were household-related] diligently and efficiently rather than becoming idle gossips". If you need to work, you need to work!

I think the "submission" issues that might arise as a result of this are:

- maintaining a servant heart while your husband is the one doing a lot of the "menial" tasks
- feeling inclined to "own" the money because you're earning it, rather than recognising it as family money
- the regular workplace temptations - possibly envy of coworkers' "lifestyle" vacations/clothes/lunches/cars, stress causing irritability, etc.

In other words, the same temptations most husbands face every day! I think the role reversal might be a great opportunity for you both to appreciate each others' positions and trials and so on. I'm currently a WAHM with a regular 8-5 working husband, but even the transition from SAHM to doing a bit of freelance writing has come with a few interesting changes. "My" money goes into a PayPal account mostly, and I feel surprisingly possessive of it - I'm quite happy for his money to be our money, but I like my money to feel like mine even if I'm spending it on something perfectly legit like household stuff. You know? When it completely doesn't matter, especially as DH never objects to me buying stuff for me out of our money anyway. So... stuff like that.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj2blessed View Post
Does he have a desire to be the leader at home? Or is he content in letting you lead? Pray for him, that he be the leader God desires him to be in your home! And give him opportunities to lead, but in doing so take opportunities to be submissive. Praying for you!
Thanks for the prayers! I do think he sometimes has a desire to lead, but he is unsure of himself. I am trying to take opportunities to be submissive.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 05-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Banned

Thanks Smokering! I have to guard myself against feeling jealous that he is "eating bon bons all day" (I TOTALLY know that isn't the case, I'm just referring to the working parent syndrome of assuming the grass is greener) and never holding *my* money over him.

If anyone else is interested (is anyone else in this situation?) I studied some more and remembered several working women in the NT:

Lydia - Acts 16:14
Tabitha (Dorcas) - Acts 9:36
Priscilla - Acts 18:3

I am still in much prayer about this.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:45 AM

I intend to read this entire thread when I get a chance. For now I'm popping in to say hi. I have a non-Christian husband, which makes my situation somewhat different, but I do believe that Heavenly Father gave each of us roles, and I will perform mine despite what he does with his. (Although obviously I would not submit if he were to ask me to do something like stop going to church, but thankfully he is incredibly respectful of my faith and that will never be an issue). Anyway, I look forward to having other women who strive for a biblical marriage to talk to.

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
Old 05-03-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaigeC View Post
Thanks Smokering! I have to guard myself against feeling jealous that he is "eating bon bons all day" (I TOTALLY know that isn't the case, I'm just referring to the working parent syndrome of assuming the grass is greener) and never holding *my* money over him.

If anyone else is interested (is anyone else in this situation?) I studied some more and remembered several working women in the NT:

Lydia - Acts 16:14
Tabitha (Dorcas) - Acts 9:36
Priscilla - Acts 18:3

I am still in much prayer about this.
While I don't work outside the home, I do run a Waldorf Home Preschool and daycare 2x a week and appreciate your knowledge on the subject of working. I do wish I could just be at home with my children alone, but I respect my husbands need for me to bring in extra income to help pay bills.

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

Old 05-04-2009, 12:01 AM

Long time lurker here...I am trying so very hard to live out this principle in our marriage...however I have come to a cross roads. Long story short, dh was given a copy of TTUAC by some friends of his. Their kids are (understandably) very obedient, almost to a fault...for fear of punishment. DH sees this, sees that they can command their children to do ANYthing while sitting and relaxing on the couch, and is questioning our (my) parenting style. We have two high energy/needs/active kids, who will go, go, go all day long. Sitting on the couch and saying 'No touch' once sounds really good to him. I am terrified that he is going to want to parent this way. He has never really believed in not spanking, but has refrained because it is so important to me. Now that dd1 is 4, however, he is rethinking how hard this parenting thing is.

So what is a submissive wife to do??? I will never lay a hand on my children. I feel like hitting them (spanking, swatting, switching, whatever you call it) is abuse. Plain and simple. I would not submit to being abused or allow my children to be abused. Surely it is not biblical to stand back and allow it to happen??? Can anyone please help me think this through? And please please pray for us...this is our only 'issue' really. I love dh dearly and he is a wonderful father and husband. However, this has the propensity to break us apart and I am scared. Thanks
Old 05-04-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2abigail View Post
Long time lurker here...I am trying so very hard to live out this principle in our marriage...however I have come to a cross roads. Long story short, dh was given a copy of TTUAC by some friends of his. Their kids are (understandably) very obedient, almost to a fault...for fear of punishment. DH sees this, sees that they can command their children to do ANYthing while sitting and relaxing on the couch, and is questioning our (my) parenting style. We have two high energy/needs/active kids, who will go, go, go all day long. Sitting on the couch and saying 'No touch' once sounds really good to him. I am terrified that he is going to want to parent this way. He has never really believed in not spanking, but has refrained because it is so important to me. Now that dd1 is 4, however, he is rethinking how hard this parenting thing is.

So what is a submissive wife to do??? I will never lay a hand on my children. I feel like hitting them (spanking, swatting, switching, whatever you call it) is abuse. Plain and simple. I would not submit to being abused or allow my children to be abused. Surely it is not biblical to stand back and allow it to happen??? Can anyone please help me think this through? And please please pray for us...this is our only 'issue' really. I love dh dearly and he is a wonderful father and husband. However, this has the propensity to break us apart and I am scared. Thanks
Can you talk to your pastor or the pastor's wife about discipline and see if they'd talk to your DH?
Also, can you sit down with him and see what specifically your Dh thinks that your kids should and shouldn't be doing, and find ways of parenting towards those goals that you both can agree with?

To my husband I am wife, to my kids I am mother, but for myself I am just me.
we're : with and : and
Old 05-04-2009, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2abigail View Post

I firmly believe that we oure to obey God first and man second. Even husbands. If what your husband wants you to do is contrary to what you think God wants you to do I do not feel you are bound to have to submit and comply. In the case of TTUAC, parenting that way I believe is a great way to ruin your relationship with your children, turn them away from God, and is abusive. It would definitely violate my conscience (as I would feel I was violating how God wants children treated and such) and I would have no problem holding my ground and saying "no way". FWIW, most kids I know who were raised in households who parented similarly to TTUAC (which wasn't out when I was a kid, but I know a lot of families that spanked for everything and such), those kids are no longer Christians. I think that says a lot right there as to what parenting method "works". The worst thing I can think of is for my children to lose their souls because I parented in a way that did not teach them how to control their own actions and obey with their heart. And TTUAC only teaches children to obey out of fear. Once the external source of fear is out of their lives (i.e. they move out of the house), what's their motivation to be obedient and faithful?

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
Old 05-05-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post
I firmly believe that we oure to obey God first and man second. Even husbands. If what your husband wants you to do is contrary to what you think God wants you to do I do not feel you are bound to have to submit and comply. In the case of TTUAC, parenting that way I believe is a great way to ruin your relationship with your children, turn them away from God, and is abusive. It would definitely violate my conscience (as I would feel I was violating how God wants children treated and such) and I would have no problem holding my ground and saying "no way". FWIW, most kids I know who were raised in households who parented similarly to TTUAC (which wasn't out when I was a kid, but I know a lot of families that spanked for everything and such), those kids are no longer Christians. I think that says a lot right there as to what parenting method "works". The worst thing I can think of is for my children to lose their souls because I parented in a way that did not teach them how to control their own actions and obey with their heart. And TTUAC only teaches children to obey out of fear. Once the external source of fear is out of their lives (i.e. they move out of the house), what's their motivation to be obedient and faithful?
: I also think many of the techniques in that book violate our commandment not to exasperate our children. If they cannot understand what is happening to them, then to me that is exasperation (and not developmentally appropriate!).

You may find more insight, support, and help on the gentle christian mothers message board/website. www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb

Naomi, mama to Faith (12/03) and Hannah (12/06) and Kai, a homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg on 5/15/10
Old 05-08-2009, 09:54 AM

bumping, just wondering how everyone's doing? Been trying to sort out our tax returns and other financial stuff. Uum our finances have been all over the place since we got married actually. Been a lot of time unemployed and in and out of odd jobs for dh over the last 10 years. Its been challenging to say the least at times, for both of us. Now dh started a job in Sept last year and its been very steady and just such a big change for us. God has been doing some really really amazing things in our lives, throughout the 10 years actually, and this past year has been NO exception. Now, bc dh had been in and out of work, Ive never actually had to file tax returns, Im going to be honest and say that Ive never actually learned to properly manage our finances, its all been kind of exercising a bit of faith in that area, and it was hard but looking back Im just amazed at how God pulled us thru with little or no debt. Im in the process of clearing any debts we do have, and keeping from incurring anymore debts, we've never used any credit cards, ever, but have some utility debts. My problem at the moment is that I feel completely out of my depth where filing taxes is concerned, and if Im honest, budgeting for everything. Dh is considered self employed, the work is pretty regular but the company he is subcontracted thru .. well, they arent as organised as I would like and I guess you could say Im still learning the ropes as far as how they pay us... see dh is payed according to each job he does, he's a satellite engineer, installing cable satellites and such. So each job he does, he gets paid something different for, plus the company takes out so much for consummables, plus van hire, so every paycheck is different. Is there anyone out there who has dealt with similar issues, ie: financial instability. Its been something Ive just lived with thru these years and ..basically just got by with faith. I could use some advice on good simple record keeping. If you cant tell, I have no idea what Im doing, lol. Kind of frustrated with it, but Ive learned just not to get frustrated, the Lord will lead me in one way or another... it still doesnt hurt to ask. I also didnt want to go to the main forums, kind of like to stick to the threads/sections Im most comfortable in, iygwim. Anyway, if there is no one who can relate, thats ok, thanks for letting me vent a bit. Its all been such a challenge and things have finally settled down and changed so much in the last 6months that its still quite new to me, this new life, we lived so differently when dh was unemployed. As far as being submissive is concerned... Im rather a feisty woman, a friend of mine called me amazingly stubborn. Im the type of submissive wife who will let dh go and do his thing... until it becomes just too much, then... well he's had it! And maybe thats good for dh too, bc he had admitted to me that he is the type of person who will do what he can get away with, lol. So, Im thinking iron sharpening iron is a good thing in our relationship. He's grown so much tho in recent years. I havent always liked being called to submit to my dh. Not bc I didnt want to obey God, but bc my dh genuinely made it extremely difficult to do so.... Until recently that is... Im just on the verge of tears, Im a big cry baby too, I hadnt mentioned that yet had I. I do belong to other christian forums, but I think I needed a fresh perspective, so I hope you all dont mind me popping in here. This was a massive vent as well as an appeal for advice on the financial stuff. So, cheers for listening!
gen
Old 05-08-2009, 12:08 PM

genifer - We have found Dave Ramsey's financial stuff to be really helpful to us. He even has a budget form to use if you have a flexing income. I would start there as it's very spelled out, fill-in-the-blanks style and is great for beginners. HTH!

Old 05-08-2009, 02:31 PM

someone else suggested his books to me actually. The only thing I was wondering, since youve read or seen some of his stuff, would you say it would be helpful advice for those who live abroad, or is it mainly an american thing? Ive found that sometimes when I go for financial stuff from america it doesnt 'translate' well. Im in the uk but sometimes some things are different... so is it very 'americanised'?
Old 05-08-2009, 03:27 PM

I don't think it's Americanized. Then again, I've never lived long term anywhere but America so I may not be the one to ask! You can look at a lot of the forms online on his website, so maybe start there and see if it looks applicable.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Banned

I think most of Dave Ramsey's ideas are universal. He does have a chapter on saving for retirement which might be Americanized but the overall philosophy on money management is very valuable.

I also really like Crown Financial Ministry (http://www.crown.org/) It is similar to Dave with a biblical basis. They also have an online money management software that I really love called Mvelopes. It really helped my husband and I get a grip on our finances. It is like $9.95 a month but there is a free trial.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:16 PM

I second, third, fourth (can't keep up, LOL) Dave Ramsey! Me and DH have been on to him for years, but are currently not disciplined enough to follow the plan! That will turn around soon (like today) though, but my point is that it doesn't work unless YOU work it! His ideas and plan may seem like "common sense" but unless you follow it you will not see a difference in your finances.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:36 AM

ok guys, my next question is which book to start out with. Im looking at the total money makeover... which would you recommend?
Old 05-09-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genifer View Post
ok guys, my next question is which book to start out with. Im looking at the total money makeover... which would you recommend?
I believe the Total Money Makeover is sufficient - I started out with Financial Peace but that was before he wrote MTMMO. I'd also suggest "How to Have More than Enough" - it's a great book about family as a whole and incorporates boundaries in finances and other things that can affect your relationship!
Old 05-11-2009, 12:19 PM

Alright ladies, help me buck up. Sorry this is going to be really long. You really don't have to read it all, I just need to get it out.

I'm really struggling a bit with this right now. I had a pretty disappointing Mother's Day. I told my DH I didn't want any gifts or anything, I just wanted a family day where the 3 of us could just be together.

My DH's boss gave him a HUGE project that had to be done by Monday. He spent all day Saturday working on it, but it still needed lots of hours of work on Sunday as well. So here's how my day went. After my DD woke up at 6:30 and nursed, he took her downstairs so that I could sleep. He kept her down there until 8 when she was no longer content to play without getting into everything and keeping him from working. So he got me up. We made breakfast together and the DD went down for her morning nap. I sat and read for awhile while DH went back to work. After a while I had to get ready for church and DH asked me to make and pack lunch so that we could go to the park after church. I suggested picking something up because I didn't have time at this point to pack lunches and get myself ready. It was crappy weather after church so we just went out to eat instead and then came home so DD could take her afternoon nap.

While she napped, DH ran to the store to get some steak for dinner (we were having our next door neighbor over as she is a foreign exchange student and it was her last night in town before flying home). I had to clean the house because it was clear that he wasn't going to be able to get it all ready before our guest came over. When DD woke up it was nice enough to go to the park for a little while and that was really nice, but then it started to rain again, so we had to go back to the grocery store to get something that could be cooked indoors. So I ended up having to make dinner as well.

Dinner went fine and she didn't stay too late, but it was DD's bedtime by the time she left. My DH and I enjoyed a couple hours together before I was ready for bed myself. I went to bed alone and he stayed up until 2 working on this dumb project.

So all in all, it was really no more special of a day than any Sunday lately has been. I was really hoping for this beautiful memory of my first Mother's Day. Instead we only spent a couple hours tops as a family and I ended up cooking and cleaning. In fact, the dinner dishes from last night still need done.

I'm trying to have a better attitude about this, but I'm really having a hard time with it right now.

:

Old 05-11-2009, 04:37 PM
PPK

No words of wisdom, but can relate!

Dh got up w/ds and took him out for nearly 3 hrs (this is alot for dh). It was great to have that time to myself, but then I have to hear him reiterate how much time he sacrifices to let me get some alone time and how difficult it is for him...sorry, but I do it all day everyday, so I know To add to it all ds was being crazy and moody for the past few days and I had to work last night. To be honest, I don't even know if dh thought to wish me a 'happy mother's day' until I mentioned something about it in the morning.

Ok, but to try to be helpful here I've been trying to acknowledge and be appreciative of what he does and stop myself short of saying anything hurtful or snappy; I try to wait until I'm not so angry/emotional to state how I'm feeling because dh is incredibly rational and he responds better that way.

Sorry if that wasn't helpful mama, but it feels so good to vent to someone who gets why I'm frustrated sometimes!
Old 05-15-2009, 01:57 AM

WHO DOES WHAT
A man and his wife were having an argument about who
should brew the coffee each morning.
The wife said, "You should do it, because you get up first,
and then we don't have to wait as long to get our coffee."
The husband said, " You are in charge of cooking around here and
you should do it, because that is your job, and I can just wait for my coffee."
Wife replies, "No, you should do it, and besides, it is in the Bible
that the man should do the coffee."
Husband replies, "I can't believe that, show me."
So she fetched the Bible, and opened the New Testament
and showed him at the top of several pages, that it indeed says.........."HEBREWS"

User Tag List