Preparing for Treasure Map 2009 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-25-2009, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Lucimomster! I'm gonna send her a quick e-mail. Unfortunately she missed her wed start time....it's eleven wed night her time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOBrien View Post
Thanks Lucimomster! I'm gonna send her a quick e-mail. Unfortunately she missed her wed start time....it's eleven wed night her time.
My understanding of the time is that the New Moon is at 4:07pm GMT (doesn't include the saving daylight time) and that Japan is GMT+9 so she needs to wait until 1:07am on March 27th to start her Treasure Map. (adding one hour if they use daylight saving time there)

Valérie   
Old 03-25-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucimomster View Post
SO, while her New Moon might possibly start earlier than this, she should be entirely safe to start her New Moon Treasuremapping at 11:05 p.m. on Wednesday, HER TIME. This would be the equivalent to 12:05 p.m. Thursday, EDT, which is when our New Moon starts.

I hope I was less confusing this time.
Er... don't you mean 11:05 a.m.? 11:05 p.m. is LONG after 12:05 p.m.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 03-25-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
My understanding of the time is that the New Moon is at 4:07pm GMT (doesn't include the saving daylight time) and that Japan is GMT+9 so she needs to wait until 1:07am on April 27th to start her Treasure Map. (adding one hour if they use daylight saving time there)
Boy this is getting more confusing for me. I don't mean to be an idiot, but she doesn't start until April 27th? So she would be a whole month after us? Yikes! Shes ready to go now.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Boy this is getting more confusing for me. I don't mean to be an idiot, but she doesn't start until April 27th? So she would be a whole month after us? Yikes! Shes ready to go now.
Sorry, my error. I meant March 27th.

Going to edit right now.

Valérie   
Old 03-25-2009, 12:44 PM

*laugh*

I think this is a prime example of the wonkiness we can all expect right *before* the New Moon, right?! Or maybe it's just me continuing to be confusing!

*slaps head*

I looked at that website again and realized my error. My time-shifting calculation went in the wrong direction: if it's just after noontime here in the Eastern U.S., it would be 13 hours LATER for her by her clock, so that means when we look at our clock here at it says noon, it would say 1 a.m. on her clock in Japan THE NEXT DAY (assuming she's on Tokyo time).

So we're talking Thursday midday and she's talking Friday early early early morning. Which is 1:05 a.m. (or 1:07 if Valerie's source is more accurate than Tracy's first post in this thread) MARCH 27, not April, which I assume was a wee slip of the brain on Valerie's part. A much much much more wee slip than my own pratfall!
Old 03-25-2009, 01:51 PM

Time conversion is confusing lol glad to see that Valerie calculated the gmt start same as me though!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:12 PM

Oh good! March 27th is her birthday! That must be good for something right? I checked out her blog this morning and it was about treasure mapping! She is so ready! She had a picture of her treasure map from two years ago and on that map was a picture of Japan! I remembered her saying that she wanted to visit Japan one day, and now she lives there! These maps can be powerful.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Oh good! March 27th is her birthday! That must be good for something right? I checked out her blog this morning and it was about treasure mapping! She is so ready! She had a picture of her treasure map from two years ago and on that map was a picture of Japan! I remembered her saying that she wanted to visit Japan one day, and now she lives there! These maps can be powerful.
wow!
you must miss her

Mom to DD born 1989 DS born 1993 and grandma to
DGS born 2005
Old 03-25-2009, 03:10 PM

I do miss her, but we have i-chat so that really helps.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss View Post
Do you have Microsoft Word? WordArt is in there and is pretty self-explanatory. I bet if you have someone semi-computer literate, they could show you OR the easier thing to do would be to just write in spirals and circles. Either cut out words you plan to use or write over the images by hand.
i have Word 2007. i will go check it out now. i like the computer generated words better than my own handwriting! they are prettier! i hope i can figure this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
I lose track of threads when people don't link the new threads as the final post of the old ones. Sometimes it's done backwards (the new thread's first post is a link to the old thread) but that doesn't send me a notification... and I dont' always remember to look. I can't tell you how many I've lost track of that way.
aww, man. i was the one that started this months thread, i think, and i don't know how to create links to other ones. unless i copy and paste the whole link. which i will remember to do if it's me again that starts or ends a thread, k?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 03-25-2009, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I have a quick question, my daughter is living in Japan now and is wondering when she should start her map. This is our fourth map...the first one we will be doing on our own. I really miss her cuz she was the one that would get the ball rolling. I still plan on doing one though. Thanks for any help.

Your Daughter's New MOON time---I'm drafting it for Tokyo ------will be FRIDAY 1:05am. So, when she wakes up in the morning on Friday Morning it will already be NEW MOON.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 03-25-2009, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucimomster View Post
According to this website, Japan is 13 hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time.

So because the Aries New Moon begins just after noon Thursday/tomorrow here in EDT, that means it would be just [[[[ETA: after 1 a.m. Friday]]]], her time. (And now my mind is twisted in knots, but I trust that she can sort that out.)

Wait. Maybe that's altogether wrong. Maybe the astrological new moon is related to moonrise or something, which is local....

TRACY?!!! HELP!!!

(But surely, if she waited til when it's New Moon for us in EDT, it would *definitely* be new moon for her ... but hers might actually start earlier, if it's related to local moonrise time.)

Lucimonster, you are right. 1am on Friday is NEW MOON for Tokyo.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Okay-----

I have put up my ARIES NEW MOON article.

I would strongly encourage you guys to read it. It will push you on your Treasure Maps. There is a lot going on This year and I want you to address it on your maps.

you can read it here.

http://margaretwendt.com/columns.php?id=231#article

Tomorrow I will put up a brand new thread for our Treasure Map discussions.

Remember, guys, don't start before tomorrow. Enjoy your last final hours of the last year. Be grateful for the good you had be grateful the bad is over. Be grateful.

And for those of you who did not get as much on your last year map.. do not let that stop you from stretching this year. Never let the past muck up the future, okay?!

hugs
Tracy

Old 03-25-2009, 04:25 PM

annakiss-- i found it! i found a way to manipulate type, in Word!! WOOHOO!!!!
:::::

thank you oh so much!

ohboy this treasure map is going to be a doozy. i can just feel it.

there is a once-in-a-while Pagan Ladies' Luncheon that i have been going to, and it's this friday, after my class (9-9:50) and the gym (about an hour, just after class)-- i really, really want to go, but i am going to be itching to do my map. i don't know if i'll make it this time.
even though it's at Red Lobster and they have those to-DIE-for biscuits

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 03-25-2009, 04:43 PM

I'm so glad, Maiasaura! I didn't know how to talk you through it over the computer, so that was easy.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
Old 03-25-2009, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok, I'm totally taking a break from my break from MDC until my treasure map is done!

Very excited here! ::

The universe has conspired to give me a couple of hours off this afternoon, so I've been looking at my old map and assessing it, thinking about how my choices worked in making it.

I love the suggestion of writing a thank-you note to the universe on the back. I will be doing that.

Here is a picture of my first map, from last year. I chose to do baguas but not the colors associated with them, and on an impulse did the map on a layer of flowered tissue paper that I had handy from a gift bag I'd just been given.

ETA something I just realized -- omg -- the red tulips on the tissue paper pick up and repeat an image in the family section that turned out to be the most important thing on my map -- the red flower opening up to reveal a mother and infant (from a print of William Blake's "Infant Joy") A family member was ttc after years of infertility when I was making my map...and now I am the proud auntie of 3 month old twins! Just love how the intuitive choice that I didn't think much about at the time makes so much sense a year later.....

Part-way through the year, water from a hanging plant damaged the money corner (oh no!), and I was moved to freehand some green vines over the wrinkled paper to "refresh" the energy of it. I also added some things over the course of the year.

As I was putting it together, I reversed the sixth and seventh baguas -- put stuff related to travel in the creativity spot and vice versa. Oddly, these were the *only* two areas of my map that didn't show spectacular results, or maybe not oddly. The creativity stuff in travel worked better than the travel in creativity. We had so many outings/vacations cancelled this year!

So I'm going to be doing the baguas again this year, that seems to work for me, but more carefully

A lesson I learned from this map is to be very careful about the language I use and the images I choose limiting the results. It can be very literal.

Like, I wrote the expectation that "I am very happy that funds have been released to me" in a certain area where there has been a holdup -- and funds were released, and I was happy, but not ALL of the funds I hoped for were released. I wonder if I had been more specific, if the outcome would have been more completely satisfying?

Interesting exercise in balance, trying to express precisely what one wants while not being too precise so that the universe can manifest that desire in the best way...

And I chose a picture of a toddler sitting on a small potty to symbolize my desire for my family to be diaper-free finally -- and my toddler was, indeed, potty training all year and still has not totally gotten out of dipes!

Anyway, thanks to all who have posted in this thread. Happy mapping! Off to read the Aries New Moon articles.....-- Thank-you, Tracy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiapa View Post
Maybe this has already been covered and I missed it- I'm away from home this week and most of next. I could do a treasure map book while I'm here (it would be easily transported), but a book isn't really speaking to me right now (chances are I will close it up and not view it daily). I really want to do a board to keep in my bedroom and move to my office when the mood strikes me. Can I do a number of different sheets and put them altogether on a board? That feels a little disjointed to me, but I don't know why. Any suggestions?
I am going to be doing something like this, (I think.) I was thinking of doing each bagua on a separate piece of scrapbook paper and then assembling the whole on a piece of cardboard (if I can find one big enough) or just mounting them on the wall in proper bagua order.

I also feel like taking (or drawing) pictures of myself and other family members after the new moon begins, rather than cutting up copies of older photos this year.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:41 PM

Hey guys, when does new moon end? I searched the posts but : . . .
Old 03-25-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Okay-----

I would strongly encourage you guys to read it. It will push you on your Treasure Maps. There is a lot going on This year and I want you to address it on your maps.

you can read it here.

http://margaretwendt.com/columns.php?id=231#article

Tomorrow I will put up a brand new thread for our Treasure Map discussions.

Remember, guys, don't start before tomorrow. Enjoy your last final hours of the last year. Be grateful for the good you had be grateful the bad is over. Be grateful.

And for those of you who did not get as much on your last year map.. do not let that stop you from stretching this year. Never let the past muck up the future, okay?!

hugs
Tracy
oh this looks so interesting but there is no way i can read this at work, is there a way for me to print it out so i can take it home and read it? (and share it with the family?)

Mom to DD born 1989 DS born 1993 and grandma to
DGS born 2005
Old 03-25-2009, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Okay-----

What an interesting article! (The bit about Capricorn and Aries not getting along so well explains why my MIL (Aries) and I (Capricorn) butt heads so much. )
Old 03-25-2009, 06:57 PM

Aubergine, I took new photos durng new moon last year and plan to again this year

Ugh been feeling yucky today that I wont have as much of my decluttering and tidying finished as I wanted but I'm sure by tomorrow it will all feel fine! New moon is 4.06pm here so I plan to spend as much as the day as I can (as kids allow!) finishing decluttering and tidying and then head to the shops for 4pm, come home maybe take some photos and look through the mags.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:24 PM

That article was very interesting, Tracy.

I have two more things to do to finish my decluttering:
1. Drop off three large bags of fabric & sewing notions (etc) at the community college for the sewing and quilting classes; and
2. Clear off my desk in our family office.

I have been procrastinating both and feeling really weird. How is it that I have been consistently going through our entire house focusing on one area at a time in a very organized fashion since the end of December and accomplishing whatever I set out to accomplish and these very last two (fairly minor, I might add!) items are bogging me down????????? Hmmm.........

I have until 9 am tomorrow (PDT). If they don't get done, I will just let 'em go and move forward with treasure mapping. I was planning to do my TM on my desk, but I'll just either clear it before then or I'll find a different spot to work, eh???

Anyone else experiencing something like this? So much accomplished and to be proud of... with a couple minor little nagging items left and little ambition to just do 'em...

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Old 03-25-2009, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

my house is absolutely not as clutterfree as I wish for tomorrow. But given the energy of this new moon I would not be surprised if I wake up early tomorrow and give it a good whirl.
if not. it is NOT the end of the world.
I continue to de clutter on balsamic.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:06 PM

Apparently someone told my guts to declutter and I spent the entire afternoon puking. I'm feeling rather human again, thankfully, and look forward to working on my TM tomorrow and this weekend.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Hey guys, when does new moon end? I searched the posts but : . . .
Old 03-25-2009, 09:44 PM

Cool article! Can I apply the ridiculous craziness of this week (code office showing up to say our house was never permitted, surprise audit by the state of our 2005 taxes, changing my pregnancy care provider at 20 wks after months of angst/drama... all in the past 6 days) as my "rough patch/wake up/shake up"? I'm not sure I can take another week of this!

And can I just say, our code inspection is scheduled for the 4th? And my next pregnancy visit (where I'll meet the midwife and explain why they have my due date wrong) is the 23rd?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 03-25-2009, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

New moon ends 3/30 at 12:28am edt.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:46 PM

so tracy, that would actually be sunday night, not monday night, right? as in the middle of the night on sunday, but technically monday morning? yes?

i hope i can finish by sunday night. but ds has school on monday (well, till 1:30) and i do not, so i may take that time to finish up loose ends, while i have a quiet house all to myself

also-- please post the link to the new thread before we all relinquish the old one? thanks!

i am so excited!
actually, i was really, really excited yesterday. today is a calm anticipation. i'm still excited, but not hopping out of my seat excited. just really, really happy.

oh, and my house isn't decluttered either. but i did tackle the HUGE decluttering, which is the "hot spots" in my kitchen. FINALLY. : now the trick is to keep it that way!

Old 03-25-2009, 10:54 PM

Thanks Tracy!

The last few days have hit hard in all sorts of places - emotionally, financially, health. Feeling the yuck pretty good. I had been in a nice mellow place. Breathing -just breathing right now and trying to let it go and be open for tomorrow. Feeling a bit unnerved right now.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

yes..it is EDT..and it is around midnight. So, if you live on the east coast it is monday morning.

if you live west of it..it means it is ending late in the evening on sunday.

User Tag List