Preparing for Treasure Map 2009 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You could also just draw or write it out.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#422 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 11:56 AM

Indigo- can you draw something? Even something abstract, just colors or shapes? Maybe write haiku or affirmations instead of using images? Last year I had planned on making a sort of "spiral" with an image of myself at the center and my intentions spiraling out and back from personal to familial to environmental and back... not so much with images but with words. As I was making it I kept shifting to the "images on a tree" format so I went with that, but I still like the idea of a spiral.

And a spiral would work really well for written intentions and affirmations since you could sort of loop them together?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#423 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
if you are really stuck then just buy one magazine. maybe you can take photos.
I might get DH to lend me moola to get my usual mags, (we keep separate accounts) since I sacrificed my petty cash plus some last week in order to pay for a CSA half-share. Going to stay positive even if I won't be able to start until Saturday afternoon.

:

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#424 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Indigo- can you draw something? Even something abstract, just colors or shapes? Maybe write haiku or affirmations instead of using images? Last year I had planned on making a sort of "spiral" with an image of myself at the center and my intentions spiraling out and back from personal to familial to environmental and back... not so much with images but with words. As I was making it I kept shifting to the "images on a tree" format so I went with that, but I still like the idea of a spiral.

And a spiral would work really well for written intentions and affirmations since you could sort of loop them together?
Oh yes, my doodling will definitely be involved. Oh, the ideas are starting to tumble over each other.

Obviously my angst was short-lived.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#425 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 12:21 PM

Indigo, another thing I do is get all the free newspapers, magazines and catalogs I can. There's always a big stand of various papers at the mall and Travel Agency have beautiful brochures for free. And I go the the Health Food Store to get more natural/holistic magazines/newspapers (also free).

I can't get to the city before tomorrow... maybe DH will bring some basic stuff (cardboard, gold pen, a magazine...) and I'll get the rest after our Book Fair visit tomorrow.

Valérie   
#426 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
Oh yes, my doodling will definitely be involved. Oh, the ideas are starting to tumble over each other.

Obviously my angst was short-lived.
: Yay for short lived angst!!! :-)

Here, at the moment, I have like, half an hour to do whatever last stuff I'm going to do of the decluttering bit. I guess I could get showered and dressed and drop off one little bag I have for goodwill on the way to pick up my magazines. I'm also considering taking DD to the babysitter for a few hours so I have some time. I also realized that we're eating some lunch somewhere out today so I don't have to deal with the cooking/kitchen cleaning taking my energy today!

Weirdly, one of the major things that's come out of this thing early is the issue of my website--my non-existent website that is! Starting last August I've started my own PT time service-based business, not because it's my life dream, but because it's something I am well qualified to do, have done before, and want to just make a little $ now and it seemed an expedient choice to start doing it. DH and I have been going to do it together with him helping with the technical part and me doing the writing (but of course neither of us has the first clue and haven't done a website before) and so we've just been really procrastinating it for various reasons. I bring this up because it's a form of mental clutter and unhelpful thinking and stuff that's just undone from the past, which is our worst form of clutter--just crap that's been procrastinated and has this mental weight. It's been bothering me the last few days--I spent a lot of yesterday working on this and just being like, I want to get the darn thing DONE already! But then I'm wondering if the reason that things aren't falling into place more quickly with that is because I'm really supposed to be focusing somewhere else and maybe I shouldn't be pursuing this business anyway . . . . : Maybe I'll just take a half an hour, write the text as a word file, and then put it away for now and see what happens . . . .

Mom of DD 1 blahblah.gif and DD 2 blowkiss.gif

#427 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 12:35 PM

yesterday the truck came and hauled so much of my junk away!!!!!!!!!!!! it was so nice to see it go!! still have some decluttering to do though - so tracy - when does the balsamic phase officially start? also - (and this is an embarrassing question to ask) but every month has a balsamic phase...right? so do you do some decluttering each month at that time? if so - how do you find the days for each month? i want to write them in my datebook.

freespiritmom - i woke up apprehensive and jittery today too - even though i've been bouncing off the walls with excitement for the past couple of weeks!!!
#428 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 12:42 PM

The balsamic phase of the moon is the three days before the new moon.

The balsamic phase of the last moon cycle will be OVER in about 23 minutes! :

So next balsamic moon phase will be in like three and a half weeks.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#429 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
I don't feel great about using online photos, as I've had several photos stolen for profit.
I understand your hesitation. But my friend (who's lurking here but too shy to post!) told me

The thing with the advanced flickr search is that you can filter for pictures under Creative Commons. There are options to only find pictures that you are allowed to use and edit at the bottom of the form.

It's not fool proof of course, they can be stolen by the flickr user who posted them, but it's not very likely. Most pics on flickr are All rights reserved. I think it's the default setting, so if it's been changed I'm thinking the flickr user have made an informed decision.

So maybe you might want to *consider* this option, at least.
#430 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 12:45 PM

freespiritmama - tearful and raw over here - so not the norm for me and only for the past few days really intense.
#431 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

every phase last about 3.5 days...

they go in this order

NEW
Crescent
1/4
gibbous
Full moon
Disseminating
3/4
Balsamic

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#432 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 12:46 PM

I don't think most flickr users would mind me using their photos for my personal treasure map project. I'm not distributing or selling the image or in any way trying to exploit their work.

#433 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 12:58 PM

8 more minutes and I am just NOW getting antsy!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#434 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
I am probably going to have a visit from af tomorrow. it kind of makes me in a bad mood - I wonder if that is going to adversely effect my TM. (cause I am a royal beyotch and feel like crap today.)
mapping starts momentarily!

transformed, i consider my moon time to be a magical and spiritual experience. contemplate the wonders of your body! think about why you have AF. yes, it is a decluttering of the womb! funny how i didn't realize this till i was in labor, but i honestly did not realize, it did not occur to me, that labor pains would feel just like cramps, because, well, they are. the uterus is practicing for labor. working out, as it were. getting in shape. who knew? but it is an amazing process. sit with it and honor it.

i am feeling slightly better. i got ds up and to school. then had a car appt. inspection was overdue so had to go get that done, even if i felt like crap. then i came home and slept from 10am to just now. i still feel crappy but i ate 5 saltines and i'm drinking water and i'm going to go out and get some supplies now! though i have to say my enthusiasm is diminished because of the stomach pain. it doesn't help that i did an intense ab workout yesteray, too

happy mapping! is the new thread up yet?
:::

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#435 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 01:06 PM

And here we go!!!! :

#436 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 01:22 PM

oh - i got af too! :
#437 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 01:44 PM

Here is a link to the Treasure Map 2009 thread.
#438 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 01:46 PM

I am trying not to take it personally that none of my previous posts have been acknowledged.. so I am going to try another one ... what do we do with our old TMs is it ok to keep them around, should they be purged with the decluttering?

Mom to DD born 1989 DS born 1993 and grandma to
DGS born 2005
#439 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 01:48 PM

Cherie- I haven't done a TM before, but I think most people keep theirs. Put away, but kept. I think one Momma wrote that she wrote a thank you on the back and put it in her closet. Hope this helps!

Walking the slow & steady path to crunchy with my all granola kiddo and not at all crunchy husband.
#440 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie2 View Post
I am trying not to take it personally that none of my previous posts have been acknowledged.. so I am going to try another one ... what do we do with our old TMs is it ok to keep them around, should they be purged with the decluttering?
I thought I remember people answering this. Maybe you missed it.

People do different things. I photographed and then threw away my first one after holding on to it for over a year and a half. I lost the second one.

It's up to you! What feels right?

#441 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie2 View Post
Yeah, this was answered. I keep mine stored in a closet.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#442 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmrymoon View Post
oh - i got af too! :
How strange... mine is just ending.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#443 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 03:50 PM

It doesn't really feel right to me to keep it. Afterall, aren't we trying to declutter and keeping seem like hanging on to old stuff. I am in the habit of making treasure houses, and I actually just gave one from two years ago to my son, who is going to reuse it. I repainted the one from last year and will use that one this time around.
#444 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 04:28 PM

I need some help. I am going to the store now to find my 5 and 3 yr old some magazines and guide them through making a treasure map (which I have learned by now to call a 'vision board" because they assume treasure map means pirates and gold. Or candy. )

They dont get it. Vision Board isnt a good name either.

Help me facilitate this for them!!!!??@!?!?!?!?
#445 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
I need some help. I am going to the store now to find my 5 and 3 yr old some magazines and guide them through making a treasure map (which I have learned by now to call a 'vision board" because they assume treasure map means pirates and gold. Or candy. )

They dont get it. Vision Board isnt a good name either.

Help me facilitate this for them!!!!??@!?!?!?!?
How about "We're going to make a special magic picture of what we would like to do and what we would like to have and who we would like to be for the next year."
#446 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 05:21 PM

What about "Dream Board" or "Visual Wish List"

Valérie   
#447 of 451 Old 03-26-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
How about "We're going to make a special magic picture of what we would like to do and what we would like to have and who we would like to be for the next year."
but not from the toys 'r us catalog, right? LOL

I had an awesome idea actually....a vision....

my 3 yr old just drew her FIRST picture of a person today (me yes: and I thought I would have them each draw a picture of themselves in the center of the posterboard and then draw a spiral line to the edges and glue on it "pictures they like"/"make them feel good" all around the spiral like a pp said on this thread, (I think?)

I like Dream Board. And I like magic picture of who we want to be.

I had a horrendus day but I am starting to feel the love.
#448 of 451 Old 03-31-2009, 11:36 PM

Rats! I had april as the date of the Treasure Map stuck in my head. Am I too late?

I really enjoyed doing it last year & wanted to do it again this year.

Unschooling mama to one 5 year old DD.
#449 of 451 Old 04-01-2009, 12:09 AM

zmom - you can still do it before the full mooon, but you already missed the new moon.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#450 of 451 Old 04-01-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss View Post
zmom - you can still do it before the full mooon, but you already missed the new moon.
Okay. Thanks! I'll get to work on it. Bummed that I missed it this year.

Unschooling mama to one 5 year old DD.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page