Preparing for Treasure Map 2009 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 451 Old 02-09-2009, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow this came fast! Subbing!

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#62 of 451 Old 02-09-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
eta:
maia--last year was april 5... maybe that's why??
hmm...i swear i looked at the year properly, but already this year i have made "year mistakes", which i never do. i'm perplexed. i ordered a calendar online, looked very carefully at the years, because all the old years were very cheap, and i wanted a good price on this year's, and when it arrived it was 2008. i was pissed. so i went and found all my ordering and receipts and sure enough, i ordered 2008.
i think something is messing with my sense of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoife View Post
Wow this came fast! Subbing!
it did, didn't it?
ok-- how do you pronounce your username? i've seen it before other places, but i can't for the life of me figure the pronunciation.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#63 of 451 Old 02-10-2009, 01:46 PM

i was just gonna come back and edit my post again, but since there are new replies and all...

i was just gonna say that my first two "official" tms were amazingly powerful in ... meta-manifesting... intangibles... moods, feelings, emotions, perceptions, attitudes... really big picture things.... those two years were a time of limbo, a time of healing, a time of waiting, of biding time.... i found TMing so useful in what i was working on....

but this year, ahhh, at last! i'm in a place for manifesting some really wonderful *tangibles*... something i've never had (with the exception of one really HUGE thing) too much success with.... hence my idea of doing it in a somewhat different format (cards and beads vs. the more traditional 'map' i have made in the past.).... i'm very excited!

:

and, yes... this last map was MUCH more end-of-year heavy in results... year before it was much more... immediate.

actually, this last map, a lot of what was on there was very much NOT or even LESS true for most of the year... almost as if the things i was manifesting had to somehow bottom out first? i actually sort of gave up on my map... then they rather suddenly got WAY better... starting towards the end of 2008 (late fall, maybe november... i think it was)...
#64 of 451 Old 02-10-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
it did, didn't it?
ok-- how do you pronounce your username? i've seen it before other places, but i can't for the life of me figure the pronunciation.
ee-fah It means radiant and joyful.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#65 of 451 Old 02-10-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
but this year, ahhh, at last! i'm in a place for manifesting some really wonderful *tangibles*... something i've never had (with the exception of one really HUGE thing) too much success with.... hence my idea of doing it in a somewhat different format (cards and beads vs. the more traditional 'map' i have made in the past.).... i'm very excited!
This sounds really interesting! Are your beads going to correspond to certain "treasures"? Do you think it will be something you wear to help you think about it more often, and manifest more? I am really into beading as well, so this really interests me.
#66 of 451 Old 02-10-2009, 02:31 PM

hi you!

well, i'm trying not to think it thru too much... since it's a good visual thing and aries is about vision, and i've not done well in the past with finding images in mags (i wind up searching for specific things online, which isnt reallythe same as letting yourself be "led" by the new energy that day (at least to me).... i figure i'll go to the bead store and let myself be visually led. though i imagine i'd follow bagua color themes, maybe one bead for each-- make more like prayer beads than something to wear... then each day, draw a card and meditate with the beads.... or so my plan goes now .
#67 of 451 Old 02-10-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoife View Post
ee-fah It means radiant and joyful.
thanks...that's been driving me nuts for a couple of years, now!

yay for mysteries solved! :

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#68 of 451 Old 02-10-2009, 03:53 PM

i'm decluttering! in my head, that's in oprah voice, because that's how excited i am about it. now, if only i could declutter the old car and the old house. that would be something. i have a reiki appointment thursday (and a long weekend beginning with said appointment) for *that* kind of decluttering too.

i'm also considering taking an aries new moon long weekend. i wish the 25th were a thursday, because i rarely take off three days (plus the weekend) in a row, but what the hell? it's my boy's birthday, then the 28th is my birthday, and it would just be really, really nice. like, luxurious. and i would have plenty of time to make my map!
#69 of 451 Old 02-10-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
well, i'm trying not to think it thru too much... since it's a good visual thing and aries is about vision, and i've not done well in the past with finding images in mags (i wind up searching for specific things online, which isnt reallythe same as letting yourself be "led" by the new energy that day (at least to me).... i figure i'll go to the bead store and let myself be visually led. though i imagine i'd follow bagua color themes, maybe one bead for each-- make more like prayer beads than something to wear... then each day, draw a card and meditate with the beads.... or so my plan goes now .
Thank you for sharing this awesome idea. I would love to see pictures when you create it, if you wouldn't mind sharing.
#70 of 451 Old 02-11-2009, 12:38 PM

Subbing!

Tracy (or anyone else - feel free!) - I have a question.

Stbx and I are going through the process of a separation ~now~, but he won't be actually physically moving out until June or July (due to financial arrangements).

I'm doing my best to start cleaning and decluttering, but I just have this overall negative feeling about the house and my situation right now. [Side note - we don't have any huge drama, and the split is amicable.]

It just feels like if I'm doing all this work (or as much as I can around stbx's stuff that is not to be messed with ) for nothing, kwim? Like it won't actually be time for my new beginning until the summer.

Any advice? I have great ideas for what to put into the treasure map, but I don't know how to properly work up to it, considering everything is slightly tense and in upheaval around here.

Thanks for any input!!

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif
#71 of 451 Old 02-11-2009, 03:19 PM

Hi all! I'm posing a question for a friend: if she is going to be out of town during the 25th, is it better to do the map before or after? Thanks so much!

Mary, Mama to 3 boys! 9/05 & 8/08 & 7/12
#72 of 451 Old 02-11-2009, 04:06 PM

Thanks so much for posting this! I'm definitely at a big crossroads in my life, and I really want to do this to help! Some decluttering- physically, mentally, and emotionally, will do me good!

Nursemummy- that sounds like a tough situation. I don't know if this is the right answer, but I would do what you can to focus on yourself. Declutter your stuff- inside and out, and maybe in the meantime focus on creating space inside yourself for what's to come in the new year?
#73 of 451 Old 02-11-2009, 04:17 PM

The best thing about these Treasure Mapping Threads is the positive, "community" vibe : that always accompanies them!!

Thanks to everyone for the "positivity".
#74 of 451 Old 02-12-2009, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryeb View Post
Hi all! I'm posing a question for a friend: if she is going to be out of town during the 25th, is it better to do the map before or after? Thanks so much!
There is NO doing the map before the March 26th.

She will need to do it after the 26th. And by the way there is nothing that says she can't pick up a magazine while on her trip and cut out some images that strike her fancy.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#75 of 451 Old 02-12-2009, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemummy View Post
Subbing!

Tracy (or anyone else - feel free!) - I have a question.

Stbx and I are going through the process of a separation ~now~, but he won't be actually physically moving out until June or July (due to financial arrangements).

I'm doing my best to start cleaning and decluttering, but I just have this overall negative feeling about the house and my situation right now. [Side note - we don't have any huge drama, and the split is amicable.]

It just feels like if I'm doing all this work (or as much as I can around stbx's stuff that is not to be messed with ) for nothing, kwim? Like it won't actually be time for my new beginning until the summer.

Any advice? I have great ideas for what to put into the treasure map, but I don't know how to properly work up to it, considering everything is slightly tense and in upheaval around here.

Thanks for any input!!

Nursemom, in your situation I think you should just not worry about decluttering. And instead just focus on one room. Maybe your bedroom. And let that be the space that is your's. Don't worry about the rest of it.

When it comes time to do your map be as focused as you can and really stretch about the things you want. Put them on your map and then don't worry about your stbx. It will all work out. I promise.

#76 of 451 Old 02-13-2009, 11:58 AM

I was wondering if some old-timers can elaborate on using the feng shui bagus (not sure if I have the word right). Some of the categories make sense to me, but I'm not sure about others- like helpful people and angels?
#77 of 451 Old 02-13-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
She will need to do it after the 25th. And by the way there is nothing that says she can't pick up a magazine while on her trip and cut out some images that strike her fancy.
So I can start buying magazines now with the anticipation of using them in March? Or do they need to be totally 'new' magazines?

Thanks!

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#78 of 451 Old 02-13-2009, 10:50 PM

Newbie here, Soo excited to have this as a springboard!

I've been trying to declutter physical stuff for the past few weeks and have made decent progress. I hadn't really even thought about all the mental/emotional clutter that i'm sure I'm carrying around. Sounds like a good time to crack open that journal that's been sitting on my shelf since forever...

mama to dd1(5) and dd2(2)
#79 of 451 Old 02-14-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprouthead View Post
I was wondering if some old-timers can elaborate on using the feng shui bagus (not sure if I have the word right). Some of the categories make sense to me, but I'm not sure about others- like helpful people and angels?
Well this is yr 3 for me, so not sure if that makes me an old timer In my helpful people/angel corner (i interpret angels to mean spirituality) I put things that symbolized a strengthening of my personal faith.. and as I'm sorely lacking in friendships I put pictures of women walking arm in arm and a phrase that said something about beautiful friendships (that's slowly starting to move int he right direction btw

Hey Tracy, am I allowed to pick up an occasional magazine between now & then so that I have a stash to use without having a huge hit to the budget at one go? I planned to pick up 2 a fortnight when I go grocery shopping and stash them in a drawer of my desk and not even flip through them until THE day (if it's not the best idea maybe i could stick 20bucks a fortnight in that drawer instead I suppose?)

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#80 of 451 Old 02-14-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:
There is NO doing the map before the 25th.

She will need to do it after the 25th. And by the way there is nothing that says she can't pick up a magazine while on her trip and cut out some images that strike her fancy.
Thanks Tracy!

Mary, Mama to 3 boys! 9/05 & 8/08 & 7/12
#81 of 451 Old 02-14-2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Hey Tracy, am I allowed to pick up an occasional magazine between now & then so that I have a stash to use without having a huge hit to the budget at one go? I planned to pick up 2 a fortnight when I go grocery shopping and stash them in a drawer of my desk and not even flip through them until THE day (if it's not the best idea maybe i could stick 20bucks a fortnight in that drawer instead I suppose?)

I'm wondering this too, this is year 3 for me and year1 I used a combo of old andnew and had a GREAT TM year. Last year I used only new and its not been such a good TM year for me. My library has a lot of old mags on sale for pennies and I'm so tempted...
#82 of 451 Old 02-14-2009, 11:21 AM

our library system (ALL the libraries!) have boxes of mags for free outside. i am tempted as well. because though i love to flip through magazines, i normally never have the time, which is why i don't sub to them. TM time is the only time i get to kind of look through them. i always save them when my TM is done, intending to actually look at them, but i never have the time, and i end up donating them back to the free boxes

personally i don't see a problem with Cari's idea. Tracy, is that an issue? stashing them ahead?

#83 of 451 Old 02-14-2009, 09:50 PM

helpful friends / angels bagua also includes travel, your support network and your father / the masculine.
#84 of 451 Old 02-14-2009, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Well this is yr 3 for me, so not sure if that makes me an old timer In my helpful people/angel corner (i interpret angels to mean spirituality) I put things that symbolized a strengthening of my personal faith.. and as I'm sorely lacking in friendships I put pictures of women walking arm in arm and a phrase that said something about beautiful friendships (that's slowly starting to move int he right direction btw

stick the money in stash. Get it on the 26th!

#85 of 451 Old 02-14-2009, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

if you can't afford new magazines. Then I suggest waiting until the 25th and then get the recycled mags from friends, library, etc.

Don't get them before.

#86 of 451 Old 02-15-2009, 10:03 AM

oh, alright. party pooper
i can just hardly contain my excitement! :

#87 of 451 Old 02-15-2009, 05:11 PM

I've been making treasure maps for the past three years. The first was a drawing, and I was surprised at some things that came about from it. I had intended that I move to europe and drew a tall building in the background, but ended up moving to Lincoln Nebraska where we have a huge capital building.

The next year I made what I call a treasure house. It was a paper mache house painted and then collaged with images. Again, amazing results, and this time not as much confussion in what I was going for.

Last year I just made a list, but intended to make a house. I got the house and painted it orange, but never put anything on it. My life has gotten to be totally focued on organzing. What I find even more interesting though, and this is kind of long so bear with me, is that I had post partum depression. I have a family history of bipolar disorder, which I have since learned is often linked. Many people with bipolar disorder also have low seritonin levels, which seems to have been my issue, and actually was always a problem in my life but I wasn't aware that that was it. I got on some medication and almost magically my life is so clear now and I am very focused.

I am eagerly awaiting making my next map, and am decluttering with vigor. Thank you so much Tracy for continuing to host the treasure map thread; I know if must be a heavy commitment. As you can see it has made a huge impact on my life.
#88 of 451 Old 02-16-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprouthead View Post
Nursemummy- that sounds like a tough situation. I don't know if this is the right answer, but I would do what you can to focus on yourself. Declutter your stuff- inside and out, and maybe in the meantime focus on creating space inside yourself for what's to come in the new year?
It's been a long time since I spent any focus on myself, so that's a great idea. Thank you!

Quote:
Nursemom, in your situation I think you should just not worry about decluttering. And instead just focus on one room. Maybe your bedroom. And let that be the space that is your's. Don't worry about the rest of it.

When it comes time to do your map be as focused as you can and really stretch about the things you want. Put them on your map and then don't worry about your stbx. It will all work out. I promise.
Awesome, thank you so so much! I do have a bedroom to myself, so I'm going to do lots of deep cleaning and decluttering while I'm focusing on what I want for the next year. :

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif
#89 of 451 Old 02-17-2009, 02:45 AM

Tracy, I stumbled upon an image I am 100% sure I want as the focal point of my map. Is it really too early for me to save this image? I wasn't even looking for TM stuff and it really stands out in my mind as a must for this map...

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#90 of 451 Old 02-17-2009, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View Post
Tracy, I stumbled upon an image I am 100% sure I want as the focal point of my map. Is it really too early for me to save this image? I wasn't even looking for TM stuff and it really stands out in my mind as a must for this map...
You can hang on to the image, put it to the side----but truly don't be surprised if when the 3/26 rolls over and you begin to do your TM, the image doesn't "fit" any longer.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page