Preparing for Treasure Map 2009 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-23-2009, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you have to use images from outside sources? Can I just draw what I want?

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2009, 12:37 AM

okay, i'm in. i was going to last year but missed it. babe was young etc. and i'm still stuck in a lot of ways. this year we are preparing for a major take-off and i know that this will it manifest in a positive way.

decluttering has been on my mind but really needs a kick in the butt and i think this will be it.

eh. who needs a signature?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:17 AM

I constantly plan the sale of most of my possessions after out house sells!

I am going to totally declutter and definitely finish my treasure map this year!

I am interested in journalling, but never do it because it seems strange to have a written copy of my thoughts for someone to possibly read at some point. Do you just freewrite or write on specific topics that you want to help manifest?
Old 02-24-2009, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaVolpe View Post
Do you have to use images from outside sources? Can I just draw what I want?
Nope, you can do pretty much anything you want We've had mamas do digital maps using online images, paintings, handwritten lists... you name it and someone has probably done it

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 02-24-2009, 04:02 AM

To sugar and sun,
I find that when I journal (which isnt all the time or as close as I would maybe like), I start with a topic, either some that is bugging me, or something I did, or more often, I just write down what I did that day. Thats it, I sit down to write down a "log" of my day's events. But it never is just a paragraph log of what I did, it becamse a rambling series of emotional thoughts and such. I find it really helpful (when I was journalling, which admitedly, I got out of the habit of doing), to think of it as keeping a log, almost like a ship's log. It just isn't actually a log, but its less daunting that way, and what I need to write about still comes up.

Caroline, partner to J, post partum doula, kitchen manager, aspiring midwife, soon to be nursing student, mama to my furbaby, someday a mama to not so furry munchkins, G-d willing
Old 02-24-2009, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hey guys.. there is one new moon before we get to Treasure Map Moon....
It starts tonight and last 28 days.... please take a read it might help you as you prepare for Treasure Map Moon.

http://margaretwendt.com/columns.php?id=221#article

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 02-25-2009, 04:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Limiting computer/internet time is an awesome idea! Thanks !

I've been slowly chugging through my decluttering one room at a time. I've also been cleansing the rooms once I'm done with saltwater. It's leaving me wiped. Is it normal to feel this emotionally exhausted after cleansing something. I feel fine until I do this last step. I plan on smudging the house once I'm done.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (9 years old)
Old 02-25-2009, 01:29 PM

I'm definitely planning on doing the Treasure Map this year.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 02-25-2009, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
thanks tracey. i am doing it this year! i am in the mood for decluttering and fully on my way.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
Old 02-26-2009, 01:14 AM

I am going to try the journalling as a way to declutter my brain.

My home is pretty clutter free, but I think I will do our closet tomorrow and our kitchen next week.

DH and I really want to make some changes in our lives that are being held up by our house sale. That will be my main focus in the TM.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:11 PM

has anyone done this with children? i was thinking of having them make one the weekend following the 26th. they are young (9 and 5) but i thought it would be neat to see if anything manifests for them
Old 02-26-2009, 01:35 PM

I have a question about getting rid of stuff. We had a major decluttering project this past year, aka, house fire, and now have bags of stuff that is unuseable. We are not supposed to throw anything out until the insurance company gives us the go ahead. That might be as late as August. We hope to be able to move back in end of May, beginning of June. So it may be by then. I'd so hate to have to move junk back into the house. What should I do with these bags/boxes? I can't really afford storage.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:33 PM

thanks for the new moon article, tracy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaVolpe View Post
Can I just draw what I want?
one of the coolest tm stories i've heard was a momma who painted.
i also took photos (careful not to take them til after the new moon started!) and had great luck that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmrymoon View Post
they are young (9 and 5) but i thought it would be neat to see if anything manifests for them
ohh, someone had an AWESOME story of her child's map... so, yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanamom View Post
What should I do with these bags/boxes? I can't really afford storage.
i'm so sorry about the fire! yipes. i cant believe you have to keep all that stuff.... frustrating! would insurance pay for storage? it seems awful to have to hold on to it..... maybe the insurance place could keep it in their offices. gesh. i'd be so tempted to take it to them and say: "here! you want it? take it." i'm sorry, that's SO not helpful....
Old 02-26-2009, 03:27 PM

de-cluttering like a and it feels FABULOUS!

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
has anyone done this with children? i was thinking of having them make one the weekend following the 26th. they are young (9 and 5) but i thought it would be neat to see if anything manifests for them
my ds did one last year (he was 7), and the year before (when he was 6). i made the base part for him, IOW the colored backgrounds, and told him what is supposed to go where, and he just took it from there. last year he had Disney on there, and we just got back in january : of course he had lots of stuff that didn't make any sense, at least to me, he had in his money spot lots of pictures of animals, mostly fish.
the year before, he had transformers, and we saw the movie in the theater when it came out, and he got a new big one to play with. he had other stuff also- forgot what. but i know i helped to manifest some of that stuff actually though, some of it i didn't realize till after-- like going to that movie.
i think he's doing one this year, too.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 02-26-2009, 06:06 PM

I'm really looking forward to this! This year will be my third map. I haven't gotten much from the last two, and this year is totally going to be my year. :

punk rock mom to Milo, my unschooling anarchist snuggle buddy :
Old 02-26-2009, 06:15 PM

My ds has done maps last 2 years, he was 5yrs first and 6yrs last one and has had great results
Old 02-26-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanamom View Post
I have a question about getting rid of stuff. We had a major decluttering project this past year, aka, house fire, and now have bags of stuff that is unuseable. We are not supposed to throw anything out until the insurance company gives us the go ahead. That might be as late as August. We hope to be able to move back in end of May, beginning of June. So it may be by then. I'd so hate to have to move junk back into the house. What should I do with these bags/boxes? I can't really afford storage.
Call a container company. They can come drop one in your yard. Just throw it all in there. There are pods, but I have found that smaller, local companies are cheaper. I never used one myself, but DH does construction and I have set them up for other people. You might also get a good deal on storage in this economy.

I cleaned all the kids clothes out today... not the whole closet. Turns out they always look so dirty and ragety because all there clothes are dirty and ragety, lol.

Onto my and DH's stuff tomorrow.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:14 PM
gun

Quick question about the magazines - are they magazines you would normally buy? Or do you go to whatever strikes your fancy for some reason?

Peace- Heather
Old 02-26-2009, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Quick question about the magazines - are they magazines you would normally buy? Or do you go to whatever strikes your fancy for some reason?

strike your fancy.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 02-26-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
i don't buy magazines as a rule. i can't afford them and i don't have the time to read them. so i buy what strikes my fancy! it's fun! i actually end up spending like $40 and then cut them up and i don't even end up reading them afterwards

i pick up all sorts of things: herb magazines, mom ones, Pagan ones, homesteading ones, whatever floats my boat. i go to the fun out-of-the-way local bookstores and the health food stores and places i'd never find the offbeat kinds of mags otherwise. it's so exciting just buying them! and then i also peruse the free ones at the library and the co-op. this year i need to try to keep spending down. it's all on credit and that's one area i haven't gotten much manifestation in as of yet. it would help if i got serious about budgeting and debt. i will have to think hard about that this year

go have fun!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 02-27-2009, 12:57 PM

since this is my first time doing one - is there is a place i can read about the different "spots" you are talking about.....like money spots? relationships? etc.. i assume its feng shui but is there a very simple explanation of it? i'm hosting a vision board party and want to be able to explain it to others too!
Old 02-27-2009, 01:52 PM

Today I threw away a boom box that wasn't working for years, and repaired two chairs.
It's about baby steps

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
Old 02-27-2009, 02:23 PM

I am soooo excited!!!! : Last night I finished decluttering and organizing the worst room in our house! That particular room has had various names: den, playroom, sewing room, staging area (for home improvement projects, no garage or basement), extra room... and now I've decided to call it the Project Room for awhile.

Next up in the decluttering plan is the family office. It got started this month due to swapping of furniture with the extra room and it is a usable disaster at this moment. I have a built-in deadline since we are having our DD's birthday party in our home the third weekend in March.

These two rooms are the only messy rooms in our house and it is very typical for me to clean them up and then for them to get out of whack shortly thereafter. I have finally figured out (duh! LOL) that there is simply too much stuff in these two rooms. I gave away a LOT of stuff from the extra room cleaning and organizing project. The family office needs the same treatment!

I can totally see how decluttering/cleaning/organizing is a great precursor to treasure mapping. I am familiar with vision boards and am guessing TM is a slightly more formal version. Personally, I would feel distracted at my desk right now and not get very far if I were to do a TM or vision board right now. I am thrilled with the timing and how everything is perfectly aligned for my success for my first TM!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Old 02-27-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
since this is my first time doing one - is there is a place i can read about the different "spots" you are talking about.....like money spots? relationships? etc.. i assume its feng shui but is there a very simple explanation of it? i'm hosting a vision board party and want to be able to explain it to others too!
ohh, there used to be a mom who knows a TON about that stuff.... i think i might still have the link she gave? poopy, nope. but if you google it, there are TONS.... like here's one i like. i think most of us do the really basic-- stand at your front door... from there, start at the far left top corner:

abundance / fame / relationships
family & home / self & health / children & creativity
self knowledge & wisdom / life path / helpful people & travel

at least, that's off the top of my head, so any corruptions/mistakes are purely my own, lol.....

yay decluttering! :

i'm sort of doing the opposite, as we got rid of most our stuff a few years ago, for a move/extended stay with family/rebuilding our lives/etc, lol... so i'm starting to get ready to have our own place again, and ready to fill it with new and wonderful things we really love and adore and will really use well.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:59 AM

Dumb Question Ahead!!!
So since Im in Iowa and it starts at 12:05pm EDT on March 26th does that mean I can start here at 10:05 a.m. ?
Thanks
Old 02-28-2009, 09:05 AM

I'm working on the de-cluttering. I'm starting in my room, since since I'm living with my parents right now, that's where all my stuff is. and it didn't get that pre-college cleaning out I planned last summer.... So it desperately needs it. but its rather daunting, because there is SO much stuff. oh well, I'll do what I can.

Caroline, partner to J, post partum doula, kitchen manager, aspiring midwife, soon to be nursing student, mama to my furbaby, someday a mama to not so furry munchkins, G-d willing
Old 02-28-2009, 01:43 PM

RE: Magazines, etc.

Remember that there are lots of freebie magazines like Skirt, the Weekly Reader, etc. that you can pick up for free and use. I find them all sorts of places, grocery stores, doctor's offices, health food stores, etc.

You could pick up the freebies and start from there, then, buy magazines to "fill in" images, etc. that you couldn't find.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:47 PM

so far my one time a day on the computer has been amazing! i am cleaning like a madwoman and enjoying it too! THAT in and of itself is amazing.......lol

i am going to tackle my craft room today - it is a catch all room too so that will take awhile........but i'll keep chipping away at it. the other rooms shouldn't take too long either.....

how is the journaling going for those who have started??? my boys started journals too and i couldn't be prouder!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
i think most of us do the really basic-- stand at your front door... from there, start at the far left top corner:

abundance / fame / relationships
family & home / self & health / children & creativity
self knowledge & wisdom / life path / helpful people & travel

ok - last question and i think i've got it..........

when i make my map - i find an image that appeals to me - and i place that image in one of the sections that i think it fits into or that i want it to fit into??? like if there is a beautiful flower i could put it in the family & home section? so what if i do that - thinking i'd like to have a fabulous garden...but in fact the flower was ends really representing a person i am meant to meet named - say rose or something......will it still manifest?

i dont know - i think i am leaning to just gathering images and placing them whereever i feel like it..........then maybe looking at the chart after i am done to see what it reveals about my unconscious placement of the images......kwim?

User Tag List