Preparing for Treasure Map 2009 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

#151 of 451 Old 02-28-2009, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not going with a chart I think. If I feel like it at the time, I'll divide it into sections how I feel, but I doubt I'll be inspired to such set divisions.

hmmm *wonders where that sort of freebie mag might be availible since the pharmacy that used to have that sort of thing and so many other wonderful things closed*

so while my piles from everything on the "desk side" of the room are sorted piles, I decided to do my underwear drawer. *huh*? I discovered bras and underwear from when I was 12 years old. Ooops. The bras are oh, 4-5 sizes too small? and the underwear has holes in it. Now I'm just debateing throwing it out. (actually, the bras I might see if Goodwill will take, since they're in good condition. One even still has the tags LOL). I also discovered tens of unmatched socks, and stockings with huge runs. and my "bf" lingerie LOL (which I couldn't find last time I visited him)

I was too daunted by the idea of cleaning my whole room without some visable progress (like woo one drawer cleaned out)

Caroline, partner to J, post partum doula, kitchen manager, aspiring midwife, soon to be nursing student, mama to my furbaby, someday a mama to not so furry munchkins, G-d willing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 451 Old 02-28-2009, 09:46 PM

totally on a decluttering kick!

i cleaned out three boxes of stuff that has been in boxes for our last four moves, that's about 3.5 years, and i threw away most of it!! it's so weird the stuff i was _attached_ to that has been in boxes for almost four years and i find that i don't care about it at all anymore.

next is to work on the sewing machine area. heh. fabric scraps are just so irresistible, for their_potential_ that never ends up happening. bleh.

in positive news my mom's visit is coinciding with the treasure mapping day which is awesome because we're going to do them together, and really, we want our physical locations to be much closer so it seems fortuitous to do our mapping together.

eh. who needs a signature?
#153 of 451 Old 02-28-2009, 09:55 PM

I just wanted to give a to everyone on their decluttering so far!!! I'm slowly chugging away as well.. My next project is to go through our food supplies and donate what we'll never eat.. Decluttering is hard because while I'm not a hoarder at all, my husband is big time and he refuses to get rid of a lot of stuff

I was wondering how specific one should get with their board. Is it a kind of.. whatever feels right to you thing?

#154 of 451 Old 03-01-2009, 02:47 AM

I just want to thank everyone for the inspiration. I tackled my closet this week. I've lost a lot of weight in the last year, so all the fat clothes are gone. If I have clothes that fit, I won't have the incentive of tight pants if I start re-gaining. So this is helping declutter my house & keep my body decluttered from the extra pounds .

My son's daycare is also asking for any unused toys so I will review that this week. But he's only 1 so I don't have a big stash - but definitely more than we need.

I'll be on vacation for the new moon, but will be visiting my folks. My mom is in an inspiration slump right now so I'm going to get her to do one as well. I think it will be a great sharing moment.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#155 of 451 Old 03-01-2009, 07:18 AM

The last few years I have divided my board up by the feng shui baguas but this this I feel like my map will be much more freestyle.

Sprouthead ~ I also have a dh who hoards clutter, sigh! On being specific or not I think it very much a personal thing. My last 2 TMs have been pretty broad but this year I feel will be much more specific for me. I think you will feel guided to the best way for you.

Tackling ds1s room today, both kids are home and dh is at work so wish me luck!
#156 of 451 Old 03-01-2009, 12:17 PM

I spent 7 hours cleaning the loft room yesterday. Six trash bags full! I'm still not done, and I'd like to weed out my closet from anything that doesn't fit. The room feels so much better!

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#157 of 451 Old 03-01-2009, 01:49 PM

My adult son is moving out to his own apartment today! That's a decluttering of sorts.
#158 of 451 Old 03-01-2009, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, E.V., that is a big change!

My physical/mental decluttering proceeds apace.

I am having my one day a week online and working through my todo list -- kept track of every time I had the thought "I want to google XYZ" and am happy with the better organization of my time.

Now I am having my Sunday coffee with MDC and trying to refrain from getting into a discussion on a topic I have strong opinions about and would ordinarily jump into. I don't need the stress...don't want to use my precious online time in feelings of defensiveness...need to spend time with people whose energy is working with mine, not in conflict with mine....
#159 of 451 Old 03-01-2009, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
i worked hard on my herbal area. and the basement (which isnt a basement of doom or anything, but is very nice.)
then i worked on the kitchen, next is the rest of the house. the shop really needs some work, not a ton or anything, just some work to get it very nice. or maybe it does need a ton of work and i am jsut thinking positive.

mayamade soap + apothecary for family + home Now with Pleasant Perineum Sitz Bath
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#160 of 451 Old 03-01-2009, 03:33 PM

posting to sub and to report my decluttering has started albeit slowly...

i am preggers though so i'm not being too hard on myself about it. we just moved so as i unpack i'm tossing anyhthing that seems extra into a donation box. hopefully can do the same when we start getting some of our stuff out of storage. i'm one that has a hubby whos a bit of a packrat too....
#161 of 451 Old 03-01-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Post
i worked hard on my herbal area. and the basement (which isnt a basement of doom or anything, but is very nice.)
then i worked on the kitchen, next is the rest of the house. the shop really needs some work, not a ton or anything, just some work to get it very nice. or maybe it does need a ton of work and i am jsut thinking positive.
What is the herbal area? Sounds like something I want one of!

Lol about `the basement of doom' . I have a couple of `closets of doom' that I'd love to get to today.
#162 of 451 Old 03-01-2009, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.V. Lowi View Post
My adult son is moving out to his own apartment today! That's a decluttering of sorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
..don't want to use my precious online time in feelings of defensiveness...need to spend time with people whose energy is working with mine, not in conflict with mine....
wow, aubergine, i am so proud of you and your iron will. i really want to do something like that, too, but sheesh, i would have to unhook the computer physically and then hide it somewhere i'm on here WAY too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Post
which isnt a basement of doom or anything
: basement of doom!

Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to R
(1/31/01)
#163 of 451 Old 03-01-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

wow, aubergine, i am so proud of you and your iron will. i really want to do something like that, too, but sheesh, i would have to unhook the computer physically and then hide it somewhere i'm on here WAY too much.
Thanks! What I did is disabled my modem. If I HAD to, I would give my dh instructions to hide the cable somewhere, but haven't needed to this week.

I am still using the computer, but it is not nearly so much of a time suck and the computer use is much more intentional.

I'm really enjoying my time online today, though! And I did go through some crabby "withdrawal" moments when I had to think of another way to destress besides going online
#164 of 451 Old 03-02-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmrymoon View Post
i dont know - i think i am leaning to just gathering images and placing them whereever i feel like it..........then maybe looking at the chart after i am done to see what it reveals about my unconscious placement of the images......kwim?
i personally always say go with your gut!!! there are other ways to bring the bagua in if you WANT to, and you certainly dont need to! i acutally found, my very first year, that it actually wound up BEING in baguas... without really meaning to..... if you really want bagua stuff in there, you could always add a border of sorts in the bagua color! the whole idea, as tracy will say over and over, is to let the visuals guide you.... aries is a visual sign, so go with what LOOKS right to you... kwim? and-- have FUN!!!

auberg~ decluttering online "energy" is a rough one. i did a MAJOR one right before my first TM, and it quite literally changed my life. more power to you, sweet one!

i'm so excited! my mom is hosting a TM party for her buddies. i'm so stinking proud of her. it's a group of ... 'women of a certain age' lol... who are all in... really rough places in various ways or others-- recovering from illness, family members have passed, career angst, etc... and they're gonna do TMs! :

happy decluttering all!
#165 of 451 Old 03-02-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
it's a group of ... 'women of a certain age' lol... who are all in... really rough places in various ways or others-- recovering from illness, family members have passed, career angst, etc... and they're gonna do TMs! :
my age, probably
sigh.

good for your mama, though! i can't imagine my mom doing a treasure map. that would be so cool.

Me
Mama to R
(1/31/01)
#166 of 451 Old 03-03-2009, 02:37 AM

I am so excited. DH & I took the afternoon off together while DS was still at daycare. I went through all of DS's clothes and removed the ones he's outgrown --> Into the crawl space to await another child. Then we dismantled his activity center & a little rocking chair (to him its a climbing tool, not a chair) & into to crawl space. I also went through all of his toys & blocks and put them in their right box/bin. It feels so good.

Now if I can only find a way to excavate my table and keep it clear. I think I might find oil - or at least a mammoth tusk.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#167 of 451 Old 03-03-2009, 02:53 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Ugh I've hit my decluttering slump. Rooms I've done thouroughly are getting messy again, but with less crap.

I also am undecided as to what to do with DS's old clothes. There is too much stuff to just give away, and it's mostly all brand new as he wouldn't wear most of it. It's winter stuff so I do have to store it until next winter to consign it. Which everytime I consign things the money ends up being much needed. I have found a tidy place to store it though. Okay typing that out just helped me make that decision.

Thanks for the great idea of get your Mom's to TM. I'll have to mention it to my Mom. Not sure if it's up her alley, but I'll still let her know.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (11 years old)
#168 of 451 Old 03-03-2009, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
Ugh I've hit my decluttering slump. Rooms I've done thouroughly are getting messy again, but with less crap.

The slumps are tough : but doesn't it feel great when its SO much easier and quicker to tidy :

I think I might tackle the kitchen today, its a BIG job but I'm going to lower cupboards today as a more managable target!

WTG all of you keeping offline, I'm on much less than a few years ago but I definately use it as a destresser/zone out and feel much happier when I find other ways to destress and realign myself
#169 of 451 Old 03-03-2009, 11:42 PM

i decluttered something! i decluttered something! :

i cleaned off my fridge of all the old things that were stuck on there with magnets, and cleaned off the doors, and boy does it look nice! naked, but nice

then i did the top of the fridge-- i've lived here a year and haven't done that at all

and i cleaned out the freezer. that had to be done, because the other day i made veggie broth, put it in the freezer in ziploc bags, and one of the bags had a leak : and it got all over the bottom of the freezer, and everything that was there got stuck in it as it refroze. blech. so i decluttered while i was in there.

and cleaned out the seals around both fridge and freezer. and got the underside of the freezer door-- who knew it got gross under there?

my clutter piles up so fast. i need to do the top of my computer desk and the kitchen flat surfaces, but those places grow clutter faster than rabbits multiply

Me
Mama to R
(1/31/01)
#170 of 451 Old 03-04-2009, 12:56 AM

one of the big things we've de-cluttered is our desk. mainly dh just didn't want to move it into the new place and lug it up the stairs to where it was goingto live BUT.....i really hope it helps me to actually file papers rather than to just toss them on the desk

nature decided to de-clutter a set of bookshelves for us when the wind knocked them over and they pretty much fell apart but maybe that will lead to a better set

other than that haven't done a whole lot this week....
#171 of 451 Old 03-04-2009, 04:11 AM

I worked on my room today. Found some not so nice surprises, creepy crawly ones. But it feels good, I re-arranged the furniture. I get restless often now that we aren't traveling, re-arranging furniture helps. I knocked my curtain rod down though so now anyone can see into my room. I have to get some drywall anchors to put it back up.

I talked with ods about tm'ing today, he was really excited. I had the kids do one the first year. The year I think we'll do a family one, it'll be a nice project that we can do together.
#172 of 451 Old 03-05-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
my age, probably
sigh.
lol! uh, a *bit* older m'dear.

liza-- lmao! maybe you should have the local university's anthro class in to do the job for you....

travelinmom~ i adore your siggie.

i dunno if time off-line counts as decluttering, cause i've got a bazillion pages to catch up on....

more happy deluttering vibes to all!
:
#173 of 451 Old 03-06-2009, 02:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:

liza-- lmao! maybe you should have the local university's anthro class in to do the job for you....

travelinmom~ i adore your siggie.

i dunno if time off-line counts as decluttering, cause i've got a bazillion pages to catch up on....

more happy deluttering vibes to all!
:

probably MY age.
lol.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

#174 of 451 Old 03-06-2009, 10:31 AM

i've gotten off the decluttering track as my '08 tm stuff is rolling in and pulling my attention elsewhere. still, i've "decluttered" my older child off to grandma's house for the weekend and am looking forward to a little peace & quiet! maybe some mental decluttering . . .
#175 of 451 Old 03-06-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
i dunno, aweyn-- did you know i'm 49?

Me
Mama to R
(1/31/01)
#176 of 451 Old 03-06-2009, 02:22 PM

yes, sweetest.i think you all think i'm yonger than i am, lol. they're in their 60s. oh, and i forgot! i did get my aunt to do one last year! she had a blast.
#177 of 451 Old 03-06-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
yes, sweetest.i think you all think i'm yonger than i am, lol. they're in their 60s. oh, and i forgot! i did get my aunt to do one last year! she had a blast.
alright then, smartypants, how old are you?

xoxoxoxo

Me
Mama to R
(1/31/01)
#178 of 451 Old 03-06-2009, 05:48 PM

Eager to get a new start!!!

We are fighting a nasty virus right now so my only decluttering goal before TM is to get rid of this bug. Anything else will be a bonus.

Valérie   
#179 of 451 Old 03-07-2009, 12:45 AM

I'm so frustrated in my decluttering. I had my nice organized piles (put here, put there, give to goodwill, etc) all over my floor. My mom has a cleaning lady come in once a week and she threw it all into one big pile. Its worse than it was before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm practically to giving up on the idea. I have SUCH a hard time decluttering and organizing, and I just can't get to a point where I can do it TWICE with the same fricking stuff. If I let it pile up again that's one thing but ugggg. I just feel like I can't do it. I'm incredibly unmotivated now.

Caroline, partner to J, post partum doula, kitchen manager, aspiring midwife, soon to be nursing student, mama to my furbaby, someday a mama to not so furry munchkins, G-d willing
#180 of 451 Old 03-07-2009, 08:47 AM

to add to my decluttering mode - i've started a 10 day cleanse as well...........i must be nuts LOL

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page