Preparing for Treasure Map 2009 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 451 Old 03-07-2009, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just popping in to say hello! I used to post here a lot but have not done so in a while. But I thought you guys might be interested in this...

I recently had the pleasure of interviewing Tracy for my blog!!!! :

The interview is up now (link is in my signature) if anyone wants to take a break from decluttering and learn a little more about the fabulous and always-inspiring woman who leads us all through this powerful process!!!!

~Erin
#182 of 451 Old 03-07-2009, 11:36 PM

I did my first treasure map last year and it was an incredible experience. Just about everything on the map came to fruition and the things that didn't, didn't need to. I found that the personal development issues were the ones that worked best. The actual tangibles were not all realized, but some were. The ones I REALLY wanted were and the ones I was hopeful but not expectent about did not. Good lesson.

I can't wait for this year's map because I am about to go through some HUGE, MAJOR life changes and I'm looking forward to having the support of the map through the process.
#183 of 451 Old 03-08-2009, 06:14 AM

WOW! After a good start with last years TM I have spent the last 4 or so months feeling depressed, emotionally eating and unable to see a way out. Well everything on my TM is now manifesting, I am practicing yoga & meditation again and eating healthy foods in a healthy way and I FELL GOOD NOW :

Have a great sunday everyone :
#184 of 451 Old 03-09-2009, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
so we start March 26 at 12:05 EDT, but when does TM 2009 end?
#185 of 451 Old 03-09-2009, 02:30 PM

This will be my first time doing this. I thought I read on last years thread that we are only supposed to use pictures from NEW magazines, is this correct? I know we can draw or write whatever words or images. But when specifically using images from a mag, do they have to be completely new and just bought?
TIA!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#186 of 451 Old 03-09-2009, 05:40 PM

so, putting together TM stuff for mom, i found this bagua map, which i like a LOT better than the one i posted before.... just had to share!

eta: ok, better as in it adds some things to the categories, but it does do some things differently... pick and choose, i say. <wink>
#187 of 451 Old 03-09-2009, 06:07 PM

apparently they are "supposed" to be, but there are plenty of us who can't afford to do it that way that are planning on using used ones, Take birth back

Caroline, partner to J, post partum doula, kitchen manager, aspiring midwife, soon to be nursing student, mama to my furbaby, someday a mama to not so furry munchkins, G-d willing
#188 of 451 Old 03-09-2009, 07:38 PM

Or "new to you" magazines... for me, a lot of it is seeing the images (be they in magazines, online, things I draw or write, etc) for the first time during the TM period. So I wouldn't want to use a magazine I've read a dozen times... the images in that magazine would be filled with the energy of those times, and the experiences surrounding those readings/viewings. But I wouldn't mind using an older magazine from the "free" pile at the library or laundromat as long as the images are fresh/new to me during the TM process.

Just like a lot of mamas use images from the web... the images certainly aren't "new", but they're ok to use as long as you start looking for images during the map making process (instead of collecting a file of images and just printing them out during TM-ing). My first map rocked and all the images were printed out from the web... I cut and pasted the images onto just two pages of paper and had them printed out. The images were perfect and the cost was just 20 cents at the copy shop.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#189 of 451 Old 03-10-2009, 12:02 AM

Subscribing- this will be my third year. The first two were pretty successful!
#190 of 451 Old 03-10-2009, 09:17 AM

for those of you using images from the web.....how do you do that? meaning - how do you just find images that appeal to you from the whole web? do you just google ideas or visit certain sites?
#191 of 451 Old 03-10-2009, 06:56 PM

I couldnt find an answer to my question so I thought I would post it again...
I live in iowa with so Im in Central time...if this starts on March 26 at 12:05 EDT can I start it at 10:05 am Central time????? I know its a dumb ? but I just want to make sure I do this right...I have a TON of stuff I need to come to light! Thanks!!!
#192 of 451 Old 03-10-2009, 09:38 PM

yes that, and someone also asked when it ends. i didn't catch the answer to that one!

thanks!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#193 of 451 Old 03-10-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmrymoon View Post
for those of you using images from the web.....how do you do that? meaning - how do you just find images that appeal to you from the whole web? do you just google ideas or visit certain sites?
I used images from the web quite a bit for my map last spring. I used "search / images" setting on yahoo.

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#194 of 451 Old 03-11-2009, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyconmomma View Post
so we start March 26 at 12:05 EDT, but when does TM 2009 end?
april 14 2010

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#195 of 451 Old 03-11-2009, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytinandAvarysMom View Post
I couldnt find an answer to my question so I thought I would post it again...
I live in iowa with so Im in Central time...if this starts on March 26 at 12:05 EDT can I start it at 10:05 am Central time????? I know its a dumb ? but I just want to make sure I do this right...I have a TON of stuff I need to come to light! Thanks!!!
yes.

#196 of 451 Old 03-11-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
april 14 2010
I might be confused, but I think she was asking how long do we have to finish makign the map?

I can start my map on the 25th at some time or other.. but because I can't get the time difference right lol, I'm just going to start it the morning of the 26th my time. I'm SURE the TM energy will already be knocking around inside my head itching to get out though Heck, it already is!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#197 of 451 Old 03-11-2009, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I might be confused, but I think she was asking how long do we have to finish makign the map? I can start my map on the 25th at some time or other.. but because I can't get the time difference right lol, I'm just going to start it the morning of the 26th my time. I'm SURE the TM energy will already be knocking around inside my head itching to get out though Heck, it already is!

ha! you are right. I don't know what I was thinking.

March 30
12:24a EDT

which is march 29
11:24pm CDT

which is march 29
10:24pm MDT

which is March 29
9:24pm PDT.

that is the most potent time to do it...from the new moon until Crescent. But some people will need more time..they can do it up until the full moon.

#198 of 451 Old 03-11-2009, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
ha! you are right. I don't know what I was thinking.

March 30
12:24a EDT

which is march 29
I'm feeling rather lazy about the time thing.. I suppose someone online will have a 'time converter' (you can convert measurements & cash & temp that was so SURELY there's a clock lol) sO I think I'll go find it

Was the start time am or pm? I can't find the original msg

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#199 of 451 Old 03-11-2009, 12:39 PM

I'm excited about making the map...

Virtually everything on last years map actualized.
This will be my 4th year participating!
#200 of 451 Old 03-11-2009, 02:42 PM

Yay I am so excited for this! It will be my 3rd year participating! I can't wait! I am working on decluttering and simplifying my house right now and thinking of some things I want to put on my map for this year!

Student/Working Mama notes.gifgeek.gif
to DD 1dust.gif & DD 2energy.gif & engaged to DFpartners.gif

#201 of 451 Old 03-11-2009, 04:40 PM

Online images- yup... I use the google image tab. Click on images, then just search for a word (like VBAC or garden or journal or whatever) and see what comes up. And I know someone who does something similar with photo sites like Flickr, searching the tags.

For me though, when I use internet images, I try to avoid using really "personal" images (like I might borrow a flickr picture of a garden, but maybe not a flickr picture of a happy couple). And if it's a picture from a website I check the content... so if I see a really neat image I check the text too just to make sure the attached story isn't sending the "wrong" message for me. Like if I find a picture that says "healthy" to me, I make sure the atached text isn't about overcoming chronic pain or something! (you know, like the way marketing campaigns use really upbeat images to sell medications for less than upbeat conditions).

But that's me, and I'm sure other mamas do it differently. Whatever speaks to you!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#202 of 451 Old 03-12-2009, 10:58 AM

That's a good idea. I've used google images before, but haven't considered checking the written content.
#203 of 451 Old 03-12-2009, 12:38 PM

cari~ start is am for us... how on earth to find out what time that is for you i've no earthly idea.

online images.... i guess it depends on how comfy you are with google and image searches.... i used to do it alot for work, so i'm rather too... good at it. it's amazing what you can find plugging in all sorts of odd phrases... if you're not sure what you're after but can get some sort of general gist, you can probably find some great stuff by sort of letting yourself get lost in navigating (open in new tabs, so you can always go back and re-find the beginning, lol)....

one new thing i'm going to try this year is first searching for SITES and then looking on those sites for images (rather than a direct image search). .. that way i have more of the "experience" of browsing mags, if you kwim.

the other awesome thing about online images is that if you have a photo editing program and cant find the ideal image, you can always mess with them, lol.

dont forget you can take pics too! (in fact, tracy usually encourages us to put a pic of us in the middle.) i'm actually debating between taking photos of my self and editing them (um, making my belly smaller, lol) vs finding an image of someone else's belly that looks like how i want mine to look.....guess i'll go with what feels right the day of!

on timing-- for some really anoying reason, even though TM time is different each year, certain family members seem to like to come to visit RIGHT during TM time. : so i plan to FIND my images and write my affirmations as much as i can those first powerful days, but put it all together after... just so i'm not freaking out rushing. my map last year had a lot of frantic energy in it, and i think that's part of why it worked so... wonk-ily...

sending more decluttering energy to those in need! i've switched our decor type things over from winter to summer, and that's really feeling like new fresh energy!

:
#204 of 451 Old 03-12-2009, 01:33 PM

I just want to clarify the timing, please...

I found this online:
Quote:
March Lunar Cycle
3/4 (2:46 a.m. EST) Waxing Quarter Moon
3/10 (10:38 p.m. EDT) Full Moon
3/18 (1:47 p.m. EDT) Waning Quarter Moon
3/26 (12:06 p.m. EDT) New Moon

April Lunar Cycle
4/2 (10:34 a.m. EDT) Waxing Quarter Moon
4/9 (10:56 a.m. EDT) Full Moon
4/17 (9:36 a.m. EDT) Waning Quarter Moon
4/24 (11:23 p.m. EDT) New Moon
If I understand correctly, starting time is 12:06 pm on 3/26, which will be 9:06 am for me (Pacific Daylight). The ending time is very confusing. Is it most powerful between the 3/26 and 4/2, but you "can" continue until the full moon (4/9)? Or is the TM time 3/26 through 4/9 and you finish when you finish within that timeframe?

I am planning my calendar for the rest of March and beginning to gather ideas for my DD's Spring Break, which starts April 3 @ 2 pm ends May 3 at her bedtime. If TM creating time goes into her Spring Break, then I would like to involve her and do mine with her (at least finish mine while she is working on hers). If it doesn't, then I want to make sure I finish mine before she goes on break so that I am sure to get it finished.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#205 of 451 Old 03-12-2009, 01:47 PM

I am happy to say our family office is mostly decluttered and in working order! :

I have my desktop to clear off and a small pile of "containers" to find homes for and that is all for that room.

I am concurrently working on our master bedroom since it was the overflow/staging area for the family office. I have one small project to finish in here and two large projects to figure out. I have gone through most of our huge closet over the last few months and I believe I have one or two small sections left to go through.

Our entire house will be decluttered in time for Treasure Map time! :

My body is decluttering itself this week. I seem to be "cleansing" with an odd ailment that only affects me in the evenings (wicked headache) and mornings (major congestion). During the day, though, I feel almost fine. I'm taking it easy in the evenings and mornings and not going overboard during the day this week. It feels like a cleanse of some kind, so I am honoring my body and going with the flow...

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#206 of 451 Old 03-12-2009, 07:52 PM

Subbin'

This will be my first year, but I think we are ripe for it. I think it's going to be a family venture. DS has some definite ideas for his house and what he wants different from our apartment. One thing is no stairs.

And I like a timeline for decluttering since I need deadlines.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#207 of 451 Old 03-12-2009, 08:07 PM

Subbing

This is my first year doing a treasure map. I am going to go back and read this thread again, but I am excited to get started with cleaning out. Thanks for your advice/information this is something that my family needs, it feels right.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#208 of 451 Old 03-12-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
My body is decluttering itself this week. ...It feels like a cleanse of some kind, so I am honoring my body and going with the flow...
a wise woman once told me that our bodies often naturally detox around the equinoxes and solstices, so that makes sense! i take epsom salt baths (or just put some in the shower water that pools up at my feet, lol) and that helps me with it!
#209 of 451 Old 03-12-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
a wise woman once told me that our bodies often naturally detox around the equinoxes and solstices, so that makes sense! i take epsom salt baths (or just put some in the shower water that pools up at my feet, lol) and that helps me with it!
Oh, Thank You for the reminder!!! I will do an epsom salt bath tonight. Maybe it will help move this process along a bit...

#210 of 451 Old 03-12-2009, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i culled all my books. and have six grocery bags of books to give away or trade. it jsut feels so good to get rid of stuff i dont use anymore and i lvoe that it goes to another family who can use it...

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page