Forum Jump: 

#241 of 451 Old 03-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Anna, I did the same thing.

Here I am, kinda late to the party. LOL

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#242 of 451 Old 03-19-2009, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
7 nights!!!

I'm excited!!!

Valérie   
#243 of 451 Old 03-19-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss View Post
The amount of shit (literal and figurative) hanging around at the moment will not be aided by decluttering, though I think I will have some tea.
well...there is always some good to be had with a cup of tea. decluttering the mind, perhaps, or the soul...a good sigh solves a lot, in the moment, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
7 nights!!!

I'm excited!!!
7 nights for what?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#244 of 451 Old 03-19-2009, 10:43 PM

7 nights till treasure mapping!! :
#245 of 451 Old 03-19-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL View Post
Anna, I did the same thing.

Here I am, kinda late to the party. LOL
I almost wonder if I'll even be able to pull of treasure mapping at all.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#246 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 08:47 AM

getting excited!!! i have a bunch of mamas coming over to make them!! anyone else hosting a tm party!
#247 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmrymoon View Post
getting excited!!! i have a bunch of mamas coming over to make them!! anyone else hosting a tm party!
I was planning on hosting a few mama's at Panera. I am mostly going to teach them about TM and do mine more on my own.

Tracy, do you have any materials I can give them to help them prepare, and easy instructions? This is my first year also but I do have a good basic understanding of TM.
#248 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I almost wonder if I'll even be able to pull of treasure mapping at all.
hugs you!!! sounds like you really "need" it though? maybe just take 2 mintues to make a mini-pseudo TM that you GET to make one?

jenny~i printed off the instructions tracy linked in this thread from last year to give my mom for her TM party.
#249 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 01:18 PM

This may sound silly, but when I don't have the time/energy for physical decluttering, I write down or find images of whatever the "clutter" happens to be and then tear up/toss those into the fire. It may not actually get the old clothes out of the closet, but it often helps me feel les overwhelmed and better able to do just a small "real world" declutter or make a small change to reduce life stress.

Right now I'm getting tromped on by the universe (code officers showed up at our house yesterday and said that somehow no one noticed that our house isn't "really" a house... apparently there were no permits, certificates of occupancy, etc and the bank/lawyers/tax office/insurance company/inspectors never noticed. We bought it a year ago, it had been a residence/rental for ten years, no one caught this. The code office will inspect everything... opening walls, pulling up flooring, etc.... to check for code violations this weekend. If they are happy we get to stay in the residence while the lawyers figure it all out. If they are not happy we have just a day or two to vacate. With two little kids and another on the way.) So last night I wrote down a bunch of the things getting in the way of my functioning through this experience and then ripped them up. DH and I are no closer to having this solved, but I feel better about it... and that's a good.

"How"- remember the line in Shakespeare in Love? The guy doesn't know "how" it'll work out, he just knows it will!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#250 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 01:19 PM

my mom and i are doing our maps together! decluttering the rest of the house this weekend...so many bags have gone to goodwill :

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#251 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 01:24 PM

clay, what a great idea! i remember one thing i did two years ago, when i couldnt declutter someone else's stuff, but it really felt in my way... i sprayed it with my special "cleansing" spray... it sure FELT better.

i am so on a "how" kick. i was just re-reading tracy's last new moon article and some other full moon ones, to get a better sense of what the heck is going on right now astrally... and i really am feeling the "how" issue is the crux of things for me in many ways..... no solution there, just agreeing. i'm guessing that will all become clearer later....
#252 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
The amount of shit (literal and figurative) hanging around at the moment will not be aided by decluttering, though I think I will have some tea.
The quote on my teabag this morning said "THere is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea." Bernard- Paul Heroux 1900s Basque philospopher.

So that sounds like a good plan!
#253 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprouthead View Post
The quote on my teabag this morning said "THere is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea." Bernard- Paul Heroux 1900s Basque philospopher.
Oh gosh, it reminds me of this line from the movie Death at a Funeral from the bitter mother/widow. She says, "Tea can do a lot of things, dear, but it can't bring back the dead."

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#254 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 01:57 PM

Can anyone remember if we can buy supplies before TM time (board, paints etc?)
#255 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 02:36 PM

Ok I totally feel off the TM wagon and forgot to declutter and gather things. No time like the present!!

I am just wondering if it is a good idea to TM. I am feeling really icky physically and emotionally from this pregnancy and some other drama around me. I just don't want that energy to bleed onto my TM and taint it, ykwim? Any thoughts on this?

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#256 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 04:29 PM

i'm doing mine with my mom too. she'll be getting here on monday and we're going to town to get groceries tuesday and i'll be getting magazines then. i'm really REALLY excited about this project. i was really gung ho about the clutter and i fell off the wagon.

i'll be trying to get a bit more done since what already is done makes me feel great!!! i want to tackle the pantry. it has these really high shelves that just attract crap and i want it to be a more effective food storage space.

eh. who needs a signature?
#257 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
7 nights till treasure mapping!! :
oh. duh! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmrymoon View Post
anyone else hosting a tm party!
not me...this is my 3rd map and i kind of thought it might be a good idea, a year or two ago, but i really get into the solitary aspect of it. i make it a magickal and very spiritual act and i like to do it alone. maybe sometime, though, i will try it! it would have to be the right people, though.

Quote:
i love quotes on teabags! i am a coffee person, but i like tea in the evenings, and since i am not such a tea-head, i don't know which ones have the quotes. so it's always a nice surprise when i get one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
I am just wondering if it is a good idea to TM. I am feeling really icky physically and emotionally from this pregnancy and some other drama around me. I just don't want that energy to bleed onto my TM and taint it, ykwim? Any thoughts on this?
if you read back on the thread, it seems like everyone's having upheaval right about now. no worries, mama, i'd say just do one

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#258 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpiritMama View Post
Can anyone remember if we can buy supplies before TM time (board, paints etc?)
nope! nope, and more nope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
if you read back on the thread, it seems like everyone's having upheaval right about now. no worries, mama, i'd say just do one
yes, yes, and yes!
#259 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 08:33 PM

I have a question for you - tell me how you feel about this.

I have a friend who decided to do this for the first time this year. She has been preparing for about 2 weeks for it and today she finally just popped with :. She said she wasnt going to wait for the new moon and she felt like she was in the perfect place to do it now. She said that waiting any longer was like when the doctors tell a woman in labor not to push.

I said "go with it!!!!" LOL.

What doyou think?

I am not yet in alignment with my treasure map so I am waiting patiently and contently.
#260 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Yes, it totally makes sense if some lives feel like they are falling apart before Treasure Map New Moon. The word to note is "appear". Yes, things might be bumpy but it is part of the process. You'll be ready for New Moon and it will set the course for the new leg you are about to enter.
Just popped in here because I love the TM and the wonderful energy here on the TM thread. What you said Tracy- and what others have posted about the difficulties over the last week- have been a hit in the stomach and a hug at the same time. What a week! Everything was going so well and then Bam! But, deep down, I know you are right Tracy and it only "feels" like everything is falling apart. It feels awful but I think it is galvanizing me. Change is happening- I can not see how it will all play out but I know I can move us in the right direction.

Ah- geez- hugs, Clay!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#261 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 09:16 PM

Question for you, Tracy: My birthday is on April 2nd and I'm wondering if that has any effect on my TM? Thanks! Love your blog, by the way!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#262 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 09:57 PM

ok mamas, i have a question. or, i am needing ideas and input.

for the past two years, the base for my map has been a huge piece of foam board, split into 9 spaces (for the feng shui baguas) and i've used construction paper for the backing for each space because, well, i have a kid and that's what's around that we have lots of and that's multi-colored

last year, i am sure one of the reasons (besides my insane busyness and the lack of time) i was not as into my map is because i kept having the urge to do a round one, but ignored it and kept the same format as the previous year.

anyway, i don't know what format this one will take-- right now i'm excited about the exact same rectangular format, but that may change-- the thing i am needing ideas for is the background. i'm not sure (in fact, probably not) i will want to use construction paper again.

what else can i use, that may respond to the bagua colors, besides construction paper, for the background? should i use those colors at all? what other substances are available besides construction paper?

i saw once that a mama used pieces from a wallpaper sample book but i have no idea where i might conjure up one of those. don't they cost money?

anyway, ideas would be appreciated!

i do plan to use magazine pictures and printed out affirmations, if that helps any.

thanks!

#263 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
what else can i use, that may respond to the bagua colors, besides construction paper, for the background? should i use those colors at all? what other substances are available besides construction paper?
scrapbook paper is good, you can modgepodge coloured tissue paper... paint maybe? I have no idea what I'll do with mine, on wed when I hit the shops I will see what kind of lovelies jump out at me and go from there

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#264 of 451 Old 03-20-2009, 11:30 PM

Subbing

So excitied, have been deep cleaning/decluttering for a few months. Kinda forgot when the date would be, but had the feeling to de-clutter alot! It feels so good to get rid of all this stuff that you don't really need. And especially when you can give it to someone else who can use it Been doing alot of freecycling

:

Life Learning Momma to DS17, DS16,DS9jumpers.gifas well a dog, a cat, two birds...ttc babygirl.gif homeschool.gifnamaste.gif
#265 of 451 Old 03-21-2009, 05:17 AM

The last 2 years I have used a white board and painted the areas I wanted different colours.

Very tempted to buy my board before TM time! Starts 4pm here and I need to take 2 kids and go buy magazines and supplies before the stores close at 5.30/6pm as the following day I have no car ( good side of that is dh is taking the kiddos out for the whole day so I can TM in peace )
#266 of 451 Old 03-21-2009, 08:11 AM

Wow, I just learned about treasure mapping and it's a very cool concept!
It sounds very magickal though... what do I do with my TM when it "expires" next year? I don't think I would want to just throw such a powerful object away, nor would I necessarily want to keep it hovering around forever. What have people done with their old TMs?

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#267 of 451 Old 03-21-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Maiasaura;13403887

what else can i use, that may respond to the bagua colors, besides construction paper, for the background?
What about fabric? If you are using foam board that might work. AND texture rocks.
#268 of 451 Old 03-21-2009, 10:16 AM

what in the world are texture rocks?

would paint stand up to foam board? what kind would be best? we have acrylic and tempera around the house. that might be neat because of the brush strokes, how they might be used as texture.

#269 of 451 Old 03-21-2009, 10:29 AM

hehehe I think she means texture = coolness

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#270 of 451 Old 03-21-2009, 10:31 AM

hmm.. so are we supposed to be using completely new things for this? I was going to buy magazines on thursday for pictures, but for my actual board and color backgrounds (which I didn't even think of doing until just now) I was going to use a cardboard box that I have here and construction paper I have in my basement...

and this year dh and I are doing them together.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page