Preparing for Treasure Map 2009 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 451 Old 01-26-2009, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know many of you are slowly getting excited about this year's Treasure Map.

It will take place March 26 at 12:05pm EDT.
As you old timers know the best way to prepare for Treasure Map is to clear out the clutter and get rid of the things that no longer work. Get rid of stuff, old toys, broken down things, or get them repaired. This can also include ideas that no longer serve you. And perhaps some relationships.

Try to recycle if you can.

Imagine if you begin new moon at the end of March with a whole bunch of junk in your life that you knew way back when.. (today)...that it needed to be out of your life. All that ick in your way. Try to remove stuff now so that you can have two months of clarity which will then help create an atomosphere of what you really want by March.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#2 of 451 Old 01-26-2009, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

by the way---

today is Aquarius New moon. The most unique, unusual moon of the zodiac. This is the moon for us to find our own uniqueness. I think a case can be made for this being one of the most important times for us to find our own voice. our own path. Even if it goes contrary to others around us.

I just posted my Aquarius New moon for those of you to read.

http://margaretwendt.com/columns.php?id=220#article

Tracy

#3 of 451 Old 01-26-2009, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
That time already?!

Last year I set out to do this but let life get the best of me (I, of course, put it off to the last minute). This year I REALLY need it! Already this year has me thrown for a loop. I knew coming into '09 that I wanted to really work on myself and my spirituality but so far we have found out we are to expect twins this year, DH is fighting to keep his job like every other American, and we are going to have to make pretty big physical move. I feel like I am on a roller coaster with no grasp on the horizon.

Sorry to turn this into a therapy session. I am going to keep my map in my mind this time and work on it until March instead of telling myself it can wait until March.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#4 of 451 Old 01-26-2009, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
That time already?!

Last year I set out to do this but let life get the best of me (I, of course, put it off to the last minute). This year I REALLY need it! Already this year has me thrown for a loop. I knew coming into '09 that I wanted to really work on myself and my spirituality but so far we have found out we are to expect twins this year, DH is fighting to keep his job like every other American, and we are going to have to make pretty big physical move. I feel like I am on a roller coaster with no grasp on the horizon.

Sorry to turn this into a therapy session. I am going to keep my map in my mind this time and work on it until March instead of telling myself it can wait until March.

just to confirm, you don't make the map until the March date. Between now and then you clear out stuff. Don't make the map now.

and don't worry about the therapy session...I think others will do similiarly. Just kind of goes with the terroritory.

#5 of 451 Old 01-26-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
just to confirm, you don't make the map until the March date. Between now and then you clear out stuff. Don't make the map now.

and don't worry about the therapy session...I think others will do similiarly. Just kind of goes with the terroritory.
Oh I know about waiting until March to put it together I just have a tendency to put ALL planning off until then.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#6 of 451 Old 01-26-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
by the way---

today is Aquarius New moon. The most unique, unusual moon of the zodiac. This is the moon for us to find our own uniqueness. I think a case can be made for this being one of the most important times for us to find our own voice. our own path. Even if it goes contrary to others around us.

I just posted my Aquarius New moon for those of you to read.

http://margaretwendt.com/columns.php?id=220#article

Tracy
This is really interesting! The past couple of weeks I've been in serious decluttering mode. Everything that isn't useful to me or adds to the 'chaos' feelings in my house is going out. Things I saved up for some reason, are no longer that important to me. I even got rid of things I never thought I would, like old notebooks full of school work. Poor dh is going crazy, lol. He's a true pack rat, and all of these 'precious' things are leaving. It feels really cleansing too.

Ami

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#7 of 451 Old 01-26-2009, 08:59 PM

Can someone point me to some old threads or maybe give a short Treasure Map for Dummies here? I have an idea of what it is all about, but i'm not exactly sure and I definately don't know how to make one!

Thanks

SJ
#8 of 451 Old 01-26-2009, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSJ View Post
Can someone point me to some old threads or maybe give a short Treasure Map for Dummies here? I have an idea of what it is all about, but i'm not exactly sure and I definately don't know how to make one!

Thanks

SJ

Go here and read the first couple of posts. It should all make sense. It is from 2008 so it is a different date but it will still make sense.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...light=treasure

#9 of 451 Old 01-26-2009, 10:09 PM

Started decluttering already. Looking forward to this.

Homesteading, unschooling mama of three.
#10 of 451 Old 01-27-2009, 01:54 AM

I'm excited to do this year's map. Last year was a whirlwind as we were moving, and we never did our maps. I'm feeling a bit more settled in terms of where we live, and I'm ready to start working on deeper things.

We definitely are in need of decluttering. I think I'll finally start with my desk. Then move onto the top of the washer/dryer, the pantry, and our closets and ...

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#11 of 451 Old 01-27-2009, 02:26 AM

I decluttered my bedroom today in anticipation of my soon-to-be-born Aquarius son. I knew today would be a perfect day to start "out with the old, in with the new" and it felt SO GOOD.
#12 of 451 Old 01-27-2009, 08:58 AM

My favorite blogger, Christine Kane, has a new free ebook out on making vision boards.
#13 of 451 Old 01-27-2009, 11:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
:

We're moving in a couple of weeks and having a new baby soon, too. Decluttering is well underway.
#14 of 451 Old 01-27-2009, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
My favorite blogger, Christine Kane, has a new free ebook out on making vision boards.
Thank you
#15 of 451 Old 01-28-2009, 10:19 AM

subbing! :

Bicycle-ridin', craftin', bloggin' feminist future mama to my starbabies dum spiro spero
#16 of 451 Old 01-29-2009, 02:40 AM

: Subbing
#17 of 451 Old 01-29-2009, 02:52 AM

Subbing as well.
#18 of 451 Old 01-29-2009, 05:27 AM

I am so very excited about this. This will be my first year making a treasure map.
#19 of 451 Old 01-29-2009, 04:13 PM

Ooh!

Subbing.
This sounds perfect for where I am this year!!
:
#20 of 451 Old 01-29-2009, 04:23 PM

I'm a total believer in treasure maps! Last year was the first "real" map I made (the year before I had stumbled on the thread at the tail end of the mapping time and just wrote a list of desires). Almost everything on my map has come to fruition--in fact, everything that I really, really wanted came to be. Including some very specific events. So I'm totally sold and very excited about doing another map this year.

It'll be interesting to see what things end up being important to me this year. That's what I found to be most interesting about doing the map last year, is that I was able to really clarify what I really, truly wanted in my life and what I really didn't feel strongly about. What a blessing that is.

I've got to get de-cluttering. Haven't done any of that yet. Thanks for getting us started, Tracy!

Jen, mom of R (9), T (7), C (5), and E (2) ... my stillheart.gifs

#21 of 451 Old 01-29-2009, 07:17 PM

My 2008 map included a possible pregnancy and here I am... pregnant! Massive decluttering (physical and emotional) is needed to fit another person into our home so I'm already on board with getting ready for TM 2009.

The real trick will be doing it while morning sickness has me in it's grip! And since March is still big time snow season here I wont be able to drag everything outside.... hmmmm... creative decluttering is needed!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#22 of 451 Old 01-29-2009, 09:27 PM

I'm so excited for this year's treasure map. This will be my third year. My first was ok. I saw a lot of good results with last year's map. I'm excited to see what this year will bring. I started with decluttering, cleaning and organizing my house. I had my dad come over today and repair some things around the house. Can't wait. :

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#23 of 451 Old 01-29-2009, 09:39 PM

Wow, already?!? Subbing!

treehugger.gif
#24 of 451 Old 01-29-2009, 10:50 PM

subbing as well
#25 of 451 Old 01-30-2009, 12:14 AM

I've only really had one thing on my maps for the last 2 years come to pass (& even that I'm still only sure about half of it until this baby decided to make an appearance). Part of me is really excited about doing another map & part of me is wondering why I should bother.

In case I do one this time, does the decluttering we've slowly been doing since the fall count?

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#26 of 451 Old 01-30-2009, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post
I've only really had one thing on my maps for the last 2 years come to pass (& even that I'm still only sure about half of it until this baby decided to make an appearance). Part of me is really excited about doing another map & part of me is wondering why I should bother.

In case I do one this time, does the decluttering we've slowly been doing since the fall count?

why don't you focus on decluttering thoughts that may or may not serve you anylonger.

Ask yourself a series of questions like "What do I feel about love?" "What do I feel is a good relationship and or friendship?" "What is my belief about money?" "what are my beliefs about motherhood, family..etc?"

I am not saying that any of these have clunkers in them.. I have no idea but I am wondering if the decluttering is more about those abstract concepts more than 'things'. Anyway, do a little journaling and see what comes up.

#27 of 451 Old 01-30-2009, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Between Now and Treasure Map many of you are going to have a good idea what you are going to want on your treasure map.

But I need to remind you that you do NOT cut out any images or do any work on your map until the actual Treasure Map date.

Why?

Because we are in the balsamic phase of the Sun right now. We are in the endings and closings time. Which is not the same as the New. And as much as you are sure what will be on that map, the truth is that once we cross over on that date to the NEW energy expect changes in your mind to come up.

#28 of 451 Old 01-30-2009, 02:43 PM

Ooooooooooo... I do believe I have stumbled upon EXACTLY what I need in my life right now...

I am super excited to read further, but I am headed out the door in a few minutes so I'll contain myself and add this thread to my subscriptions.

I know nothing about this topic except from quickly scanning the replies right here. It caught my eye for a reason, though, I am sure of that.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#29 of 451 Old 01-30-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
we are in the balsamic phase of the Sun right now. We are in the endings and closings time.
thanks for posting this tracy. i'm not bumming out because stuff didn't happen from this year's tm (because a couple really important things did, and most didn't). i'm just bumming about myself in a really big way, feeling like i, ahem, "chucked" things up in every area of my life and the biggest factor in me feeling that way is UNFINISHED BUSINESS. things i was supposed to do that i started and never completed. the calendar year came to a close and i was like, wth?! but this reminded me that, hello, life is not over and i can still bring this stuff to a close. i mean, i have to. reading this reminded me that i haven't failed to do these things - i just need a little more time and i will get them done. thank you!
#30 of 451 Old 01-30-2009, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post
thanks for posting this tracy. i'm not bumming out because stuff didn't happen from this year's tm (because a couple really important things did, and most didn't). i'm just bumming about myself in a really big way, feeling like i, ahem, "chucked" things up in every area of my life and the biggest factor in me feeling that way is UNFINISHED BUSINESS. things i was supposed to do that i started and never completed. the calendar year came to a close and i was like, wth?! but this reminded me that, hello, life is not over and i can still bring this stuff to a close. i mean, i have to. reading this reminded me that i haven't failed to do these things - i just need a little more time and i will get them done. thank you!
but don't forget, Doubledutch, last year's TM is still in effect. Even if we are the final months of it. I have seen and personally experienced some of the bigger items on my Treasure Map actually arrive in my life the last 3 weeks of TM time. Literally a month before the New TM.

Perhaps this is your year to get stuff at the end of the map.

It is all good.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page