February Pagan Circle - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-04-2009, 01:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
O.k., I missed this- what is "our year and a day"- sorry, I'm a slacker.
The Year and a Day is a time of study. We're using this book, but many people work through their own local groups to study.

Quote:
Just remember that your 'year & a day' is learning time! Don't feel like you have to be 'doing everything right' .. because right is a relative term I've seen people SO stress about that , that they miss the magic of what they are doing and to me that defeats the purpose.

I'm working on my pre TM declutter too! This will be my 3rd yr and it is AMAZING the things I'm seeing manifest. The universe even 'used' my sons accident to push things that were on last years map into being. I wish that there had been another way, but the universe gets to work out the HOW.

Your dinner thingy sounds good! I used to make a dish that I stole from Dennys of all places lol. Up in Alaska it was called the Denali ... start out with a layer of hash brown, a couple of slices of bacon, some cheese sprinkled over, and then sunny side up eggs on top with much pepper Over time I altered it and I put grilled onion & tomato either in or with it
Thank you so much for the encouragement about the year and a day. I'm trying hard to let go of the need for perfection. I have mild OCD so its especially hard sometimes. I struggled with it a bit on our first night's celebration of Imbolc. Didn't feel it as much as I tried to make sure we did things "right." It wound up being stressful, and not fun... so we "retried" it the next night and just did the parts that we FELT.... it went MUCH smoother and I felt like we got to experience it instead of going through the motions.

As for the treasure map - I didn't do a treasure map last year, but after learning more about the law of attraction last summer hubby and I made a point to put some real intentions out there. We saw some amazing things happen. The house we're in now is almost a carbon copy of the one we intended and dreamed of that we drove past every day. Even better, the universe seems to have answered us with making it affordable for us too - comparable houses in our subdivision are about 50% more than this one! We've seen so so so much happen. I'll just say that I am definitely a believer.

Dinner was REALLY good. I got the idea from THIS awesome photo on flickr. Here's the recipe of what I did:

* Bake 2 potatoes and cut into cubes
* Melt butter in a skillet (however much you need - its variable - i used several Tbs), and throw in about 1/4 cup chopped onion, the potatoes, and a little salt/pepper. Let it cook a few min (5-10) on medium. Stir and let cook another 5 min on med.
* Make a well in the middle and add a little more butter. Once melted, crack eggs into center and let them cook sunny side up.

This was SO SO SO good. I can't even tell you how good. Nom-nom-nom!

We served it up with homemade pancakes, real maple syrup, and fresh strawberries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmamato2 View Post

This was SO SO SO good. I can't even tell you how good. Nom-nom-nom!
I'd love some of that this morning.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 02-04-2009, 10:11 AM

Morning all. Getting a cold start around here. It's so hard to get out of a warm cozy bed when it's cold outside. I hope the sun comes out.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Old 02-04-2009, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
what is your favorite pagan-ish song?
Hmm, actual song and not just a chant? I'd have to say:
The Sweetest Gift by Sade.

It has great meaning for me (kind of a long story).

Old 02-04-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
CariOfOz.. I did miss the last couple of months worth of threads. I am going to go back and read them. I hope your son is doing well. How wonderful to get a pick me up from these mama's.
Ty Red.. he's doing significantly better now, but still has a long road ahead of him!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 02-04-2009, 10:56 AM

CariOfOz, Oh my gosh what a roller coaster ride you and your family have been on. I can't even imagine. I have knots in my stomach just from reading your blog. I am so glad that your son is improving. I hope you get a chance to come back over to the states for a fun visit with him.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:02 AM

Salvia- we are here, ready to listen.

I have a new altar space. I had planned to put it on my desk or on a shelf next to my desk but it didn't work out. I bought a picture frame to hold all of my items, its oval and black. I found that I rarely used my other altar due to space issues and really, really want to do a daily reading, and candle lighting each morning before the girls wake but I've yet to get up before them, so considering doing this during naptime. I really wanted something to wake up with, start my day...though I suppose reading my fave forum is meditative. : My other goal is to actually post pictures when I say I am going to.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 02-04-2009, 12:42 PM

I'd love some quiet time before DS wakes, too, Brendon. One day...

I just put a little Imbolc meditation up on my blog if you're interested.

crochetsmilie.gifread.gif Wife & Mama to 5 yo superhero.gifboy and 13 yo cat.gif.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:06 PM

ha! i was watching the jan thread, forgot to sub to the new one. <blush> ye gods, women! four pages already??? ok, first i'm catching up with the end of jan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Aweynsayl- I lived in Great Lakes Il, north of Chicago one summer of a major heat wave. 1995, it was 125F and 100% humidity for like 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. AND the naval base housing we lived in was without AC. It was miserable!
San Diego OTOH was lovely. We lived a few miles in, in El Cajon. That weather was open window weather year round. The malls out there are open air type- no roofs, just stores side by side. I tell my dh that if we move out of this area, I would happily consider So Cal again.
ahh, yes. chicago summers. such fun. i have loads of chicago summer stories, but they're not as fun as the first winter i was there-- 70 below. yipes. i had a prof who had a glass eye, i kid you not-- he had to cancel class. heh.

we got married in san diego. my aunt lives there, it's a 7 hour drive from here, we went there alll the time as kids. i could *almost* live there, but it's too trafficy for me. but we go at least once a year to get our beach fill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
I think I'd just give up and hide under the bed.
yep, that's basically the only thing TO do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
ok, my so-called "honeymoon trimester" (#2) i got shingles. i was so mad. :

what tricks? do enlighten please?

weather: northern NJ, when i grew up, had four seasons.
ohhhhh, no fun! :
to be fair, i did have a nice time from about weeks 32 to 35....

well, the general "theory" is that it gets stuck if you cant "remember" it all, so listening to the whole song will un-stick it. it actually works a lot of the time. the other is to listen to something else. (um, tapping might help too. heh. it's been a while since i mentioned that, so i had to toss it in)....

hmmm. northern NJ? dh is from NJ. but i'm not "with" all the "which exit" stuff... right near "the city" though.....

ok. now off to feb!

Old 02-04-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
i saw a thing that said astrological Imbolc was the 4th this year. i don't know what they mean by astrological (compared to what?) ..... does anyone know how to create a .wav file or a way to put a sound file on here?
ok, i want to hear more about this idea... so, happy imbolc today, those of you doing it that way, lol! : we spread our celebration out over a couple of weeks as it was...
you have to be able to record the song first of all... you could (seriously), call me and sing it to dh's recording device, he could convert it to a .wav or mp3, and you could email it to people, or someone who has a website they can load things to... oh, or if you can do video, you could video it and upload it to youtube or something.....

Heather, sending you huge huge huge hugs and healing vibes, sweetest one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
...have noticed that I feel more connected to the equixnox's and solstices and tend to really celebrate those in a special way more so than the other sabbats.
you know, i've celebrated the equinoxes and solstices for ever. i only started celebrating the others (ok, well, celebrated candlemas for ages too, in a different sort of way, and halloween, of course, lol)... somewhat fairly recently (as in the last 10 years, yipes. i feel old now, lol)... and i'm finding i actually *connect* in some way with THEM better. they are more... agricultural, and i think there's some sort of genetic heritage that resonates when i mark those dates, even though they dont "mean" as much (if, really, at all) to my modern city dwelling lifestyle... if that makes sense. blabbering, really, but i was just having this conversation with dh the other day, so it's been on my mind.... :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
I'm finding myself getting more and more upset at the prospect of sending DS to daycare next month, it's really weighing on me
sending huge hugs to you both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
I am debating whether or not to put my spring welcome sign up today or wait until Ostara? Its pretty wooden tulips.
well, if you put it up now, you'd be welcoming spring, as in encouraging it to come, vs waiting til it comes to welcome it..... i say put it up now!

Quote:
no, they're not. astrological Imbolc is on the 4th this year. so you're good!
ok, really. i want to hear more on this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Have you seen the GI Joe trailer!?
saw the comercial for that! wasnt it like the first one after kick off? dh and i screamed. it was hilarious, because ds was asleep on my lap, dh and i just about jumped, and ds slept thru it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Feeling VERY flat, I think the last 2 months is finally showing it's toll on me. It's amazing how we can keep it together in the midst of disaster isn't it?
yep. let down from all the adrenalin that kept you going for soooo long! hang in there. rest rest and cleanse! hugs, you. xoxoxoxoxooxoxox

Quote:
Morning all. ... I hope to stay up to date this time.
been thinking about you! good to "see" you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feminine_earth View Post
I was on hiatus for a while, but now I am back, and am re-subbing to this thread.
you too! welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
Leila- did I see your sig correctly? Are you expecting? ...Speaking of babies, I had a dream that I was pregnant and dh was so mad at me and accused me of cheating. very disturbing dream- not sure what to do with it.
yeah! congrats leila!
brendon, that's freaky. i dreamed last night i was having a fling with one of my best guy friends.... wacky.

oooh, wow. ok, that was speed catch up. i cant believe i forgot about the feb thread! lol. i'll go back and click links etc later if ds naps, lol.

hugs and happy feb and happy imbolc and all that good stuff to all!
Old 02-04-2009, 02:18 PM

[QUOTE=aweynsayl;13126793]

Wow, thanks. This made my day.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inanna_Mama View Post
I'd love some quiet time before DS wakes, too, Brendon. One day...

I like your blog. How can I subscribe? Did I read earlier that you are in Colorado? Me too. What part? I, too am longing to be back on the west coast, but it's the Bay Area for me.

treehugger.gif
Old 02-04-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
ok, i want to hear more about this idea... so, happy imbolc today, those of you doing it that way, lol! : we spread our celebration out over a couple of weeks as it was...
you have to be able to record the song first of all... you could (seriously), call me and sing it to dh's recording device, he could convert it to a .wav or mp3, and you could email it to people, or someone who has a website they can load things to... oh, or if you can do video, you could video it and upload it to youtube or something.....

Heather, sending you huge huge huge hugs and healing vibes, sweetest one!

you know, i've celebrated the equinoxes and solstices for ever. i only started celebrating the others (ok, well, celebrated candlemas for ages too, in a different sort of way, and halloween, of course, lol)... somewhat fairly recently (as in the last 10 years, yipes. i feel old now, lol)... and i'm finding i actually *connect* in some way with THEM better. they are more... agricultural, and i think there's some sort of genetic heritage that resonates when i mark those dates, even though they dont "mean" as much (if, really, at all) to my modern city dwelling lifestyle... if that makes sense. blabbering, really, but i was just having this conversation with dh the other day, so it's been on my mind.... :

sending huge hugs to you both.

well, if you put it up now, you'd be welcoming spring, as in encouraging it to come, vs waiting til it comes to welcome it..... i say put it up now!

ok, really. i want to hear more on this!!

saw the comercial for that! wasnt it like the first one after kick off? dh and i screamed. it was hilarious, because ds was asleep on my lap, dh and i just about jumped, and ds slept thru it.

yep. let down from all the adrenalin that kept you going for soooo long! hang in there. rest rest and cleanse! hugs, you. xoxoxoxoxooxoxox

you too! welcome back!

yeah! congrats leila!
brendon, that's freaky. i dreamed last night i was having a fling with one of my best guy friends.... wacky.

oooh, wow. ok, that was speed catch up. i cant believe i forgot about the feb thread! lol. i'll go back and click links etc later if ds naps, lol.

hugs and happy feb and happy imbolc and all that good stuff to all!

Funny, I had a dream the other night that I slept with a guy from high school that I used to have a crush on (I had just seen his picture on FB). In my dream, I also had a 2nd child...a son.

treehugger.gif
Old 02-04-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
The meditation was beautiful Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Quote:
I have a new altar space. I had planned to put it on my desk or on a shelf next to my desk but it didn't work out. I bought a picture frame to hold all of my items, its oval and black. I found that I rarely used my other altar due to space issues and really, really want to do a daily reading, and candle lighting each morning before the girls wake but I've yet to get up before them, so considering doing this during naptime. I really wanted something to wake up with, start my day...though I suppose reading my fave forum is meditative. My other goal is to actually post pictures when I say I am going to.
This is something I want to work on setting up soon. I like the idea of lighting a candle in the morning and doing a small meditation time before things get crazy. Like you, my kids wake up way before me (usually before dawn - the crazies, lol).
Old 02-04-2009, 03:12 PM

Hey, does anyone here watch Paranormal State?

I'm watching an episode I recorded from Monday. It has a very Catholic slant, which always has be thinking (as opposed to Ghost Hunters, which is pretty secular, even though it's obvious the people are Christian).

Anyway, as usual on this show anything "occult" or basically non-christian is assumed to be evil & in tune with devil worship. Did anyone else see this? What did you think?

treehugger.gif
Old 02-04-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Wow, thanks. This made my day.
aww. yer welcome.

ok, i answered my own question, from here:
Quote:
The most common practice for the calculation of Samhain, Oimelc, Beltane & Lughnasadh is to use the civil calendar days or their preceding eves of November 1st, February 1st, May 1st and August 1st, respectively. Another way is to use one or more of the days of the weekend closest to each of these dates (which may arguably be closer to how the Paleopagans did it — i.e., by maximum convenience). Still others choose to use the sixth day after the new or full moon closest to each of these dates. Astrologically oriented Neopagans use the days upon which the Sun enters 15 degrees of each of the “Fixed Signs” of the Zodiac, to wit: “Eagle Point” = 15 degrees of Scorpio, “Man” or “Angel Point” = 15 degrees of Aquarius, “Ox Point” =15 degrees of Taurus and “Lion Point” = 15 degrees of Leo. Still others use those days upon which the Sun hits 16 degrees and 18 minutes declination North or South of the Celestial Equator. This also makes them come halfway between the Solstices and Equinoxes, and usually gives results within a few hours of those given by the Fixed Signs method.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:51 PM

O.k.- here is my odd little situation. It's no big deal, but it's just is bothering me and I'd like to hear others take on it.

We have a family we sometimes do things with- my daughter is friends with their son. A couple weeks ago, I went out with the Mom of the family and we had a nice time. We talked a lot- and one of the things she told me was that her husband and teenage daughter would text back and forth during school functions making fun of a particular couple at the school. I didn't think much of it at the time.

Fast forward a week and I went over to their house to pick up my daughter. I was sitting in the kitchen sharing a beer, when the husband and the teenage daughter come in. We are all talking when they start texting each other and giggling. I tried to ignore them- and the Mom even told them they were being rude. But, for the next ten or so minuets as I sat there finishing the beer, they kept texting and giggling. The Mom and I kept talking, but I was feeling odder and odder about the situation- so I said I had to get home. The Mom walked me out, I said good bye to the Dad and the daughter- they said goodbye- texted each other (I heard the damn little noise) and laughed hard.

O.k., this is irritating me. I'm thinking about it too much and feeling like I'm back in 7th grade! I wish I had just said something funny and off- hand at the time, like "Are you making fun of me like you did X and Y?" Ah, bugger it. Thanks for reading this silliness.

Oh, I put up a new post on Song of the Syrinx.

Inanna_Mama~ you are awsome!

Heather/Mamaofthree~ I love the image of you joyfully throwing seeds everywhere! : Hmmm, favorite pagan song? Well, I don't think it is technically a pagan song, but right now the song My Crane Wife by the Decemberists sends me to a wonderful other place which makes me want to sit and listen to it over and over and write.

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
Old 02-04-2009, 05:11 PM

How rude! I would feel the same way, and I would have left, too. I probably wouldn't spend time with them anymore, either. I might also talk to my daughter about it...not to put her in the middle, but because she is exposed to the behavior & to reinforce that it's rude, it's hurtful & shame on the father for participating & encouraging such behavior, just to make sure she understands our family values do not include such behavior. I may or may not tell the mother why I wasn't spending time with them. It depends on how close you I was. But, I have a bad history of telling people they've hurt my feelings & being told it's my fault I'm hurt, so I may not be the best person to give advice on that one.

treehugger.gif
Old 02-04-2009, 05:53 PM

Luckily, my daughter and the son were outside at the time. I mean, I don't know they were making fun of me (and even if they were, I hate that it bothers me so much!) . I like the Mom...sucks though because I don't think I'll be as comfortable hanging out with them.

Oh- another song that gives me spiritual tingles. From Yankee Bayonet by the Decemberists (yes, I'm kind of obsessing on them right now):

Stems and bones and stone walls too
Could keep me from you
Skein of skin is all too few
To keep me from you

But oh my love, though our bodies may be parted
Though our skin may not touch skin
Look for me with the sun-bright sparrow
I will come on the breath of the wind

Old 02-04-2009, 06:35 PM

Salvia. I agree it was rude. I think most people if not all people would have felt the same way. I would have felt it was about me. Mostly because they had their own private conversation and didn't seem to make an effort to include anyone else.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:29 PM

Salvia - that was definitely rude of them. I wonder if the mom will "have a talk" with them now that you're not there - she seemed bothered by the behavior... maybe they'll work it out so it stops. I would feel like you though - and not feel very comfortable going over there much more.

Quote:
Anyway, as usual on this show anything "occult" or basically non-christian is assumed to be evil & in tune with devil worship. Did anyone else see this? What did you think?
I watch Paranormal State too, and if I'm remembering right, I've seen them cast a circle to help ward off negative spirits. I remember it being some of the crew, and not the main guys though. I also think it probably depends on the type of "help" they get during the show. Sometimes they call in a priest, who of course will be biased that occult stuff = devil worship. Some of the warnings I've seen the Paranormal State guys give about things like ouija boards and such had more to do with making sure the person was in a good, strong mental and emotional state, and that they are well protected before opening themselves up to the spirit world so fully. I remember the case of one guy who was apparently posessed and had heard voices telling him to kill his family after doing ouija over and over, more as a curious game than anything serious. Everything I've seen on there in regards to pagan/wiccan beliefs is that people need to be careful and not look at the spiritual world as a game... if they're curious, work with someone who knows what they're doing or at least learn more about it. Overall, there does seem to be a Catholic spin on things, but I think there are several reasons for that (the main guy is catholic i think, and they also need the priests to do the exorcisms, etc). Its interesting to watch, anyway

*ETA* - I haven't seen the latest show yet (its on DVR) so that may be a more prominent theme... hmm.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:58 PM

two things of note:
check this page out-- http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=450661566
our old guitarist posted a MySpace of our old band it's sooooo weird hearing our stuff on the computer. SO weird. listen to "Why Can't You Make Noise" (i'm especially proud of that rockin' tune), and "For Special Services" (our James Bond tribute). i'm the drummer
if the song cuts off, just replay it. the player thingy seems to be having issues and i don't know if it's my computer or MySpace.
actually i like all the songs; they are our best ones. but i think "Robot Watchdog" is the too-fast version

oh heck, listen to all of them because you guys are my buds and i really am proud of my old band we're called The UnSound.

and #2: i made the Dean's list! : me. who'da thunk. isn't that cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Jealous.. I really enjoyed my visits to Starbucks while I was over there
I'm working on my pre TM declutter too! This will be my 3rd yr and it is AMAZING the things I'm seeing manifest. The universe even 'used' my sons accident to push things that were on last years map into being. I wish that there had been another way, but the universe gets to work out the HOW.

Your dinner thingy sounds good! I used to make a dish that I stole from Dennys of all places lol. Up in Alaska it was called the Denali ... start out with a layer of hash brown, a couple of slices of bacon, some cheese sprinkled over, and then sunny side up eggs on top with much pepper : Over time I altered it and I put grilled onion & tomato either in or with it
send me your address and i'll send you some Starbuck's coffee. i have a friend who works there
Treasure Map! right! i am pretty excited. last year's map i felt hurried making, and i wasn't happy with it. this year i have plenty of time

dinner thingy: it sounds like this thing a local 24 hour diner used to (and may still) serve when i lived on the Outer Banks. they called it "garbage plate" or some such, and it was a flat $5 including tax-- VERY popular with the drunks at 2 or 3am, who couldn't count out change very easily, or calculate tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenFriend View Post
Maiasaura, I love your enthusiasm over the snow you're getting, it makes me appreciate the 12+ inches we have on the ground now... Today's observance of Imbolc for me was chipping the inches-think ice from my front walk!:

We may also trudge through the snow to wake the trees if we can find sticks to make wands with, we'll see.
well, we only got like a half inch, but we both had no school and were able to stay in and enjoy the day, and there was enough to make a huge bowl of snow cream :
Witchcraft doesn't *have* to require tools. you can use your finger. it's all about intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
the house we are renting is painted GRAY inside?! who on earth paints the inside of a house gray when you live someplace that is gray outside a good part of the winter?
:
that just totally cracked me up, for some reason.
maybe they wanted consistency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
I really wanted something to wake up with, start my day...
now that is a good idea i have been trying to remember to stretch in the mornings, at least.

Quote:
hmmm. northern NJ? dh is from NJ. but i'm not "with" all the "which exit" stuff... right near "the city" though.....
been wondering where you are!
i grew up in Denville. by exit 39. see if your DH knows where that is
(by Boonton and Parsippany and Morristown and Dover)

Quote:
ok, i want to hear more about this idea...

you could (seriously), call me and sing it to dh's recording device, he could convert it to a .wav or mp3, and you could email it to people, or someone who has a website they can load things to... oh, or if you can do video, you could video it and upload it to youtube or something.....
i am NOT putting myself on YouTube. especially not singing. but if you call me i will sing it to you or i can sing it to your DH's phone, but i will feel silly either way.
as for astrological Imbolc-- i said i haven't a clue what it's about, but it did give two more days leeway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvia View Post
O.k., this is irritating me. I'm thinking about it too much and feeling like I'm back in 7th grade! I wish I had just said something funny and off- hand at the time, like "Are you making fun of me like you did X and Y?" Ah, bugger it. Thanks for reading this silliness.
i think they were horribly rude and immature, and i might have said something at the time, cause i'm like that--but since you didn't, i would say something to the mom that you were uncomfortable and angry because they were being rude and immature. i wouldn't stop hanging around with them unless it becomes habitual and intolerable. but i would ask them to stop(and probably to the dad's face as well), and if they can't stop, i don't see a point in hanging out anymore because i don't like my boundaries pushed that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade's Mom View Post
But, I have a bad history of telling people they've hurt my feelings & being told it's my fault I'm hurt, so I may not be the best person to give advice on that one.
jade's mom-- i used to have that happen to me too, and what that is, is flat out abuse towards you. and you don't have to put up with it. you can change your history now. sorry, that just pushed buttons. i'm angry on your behalf

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 02-04-2009, 08:46 PM

Salvia: I would have felt weird about that too. Were they talking about me? Am I the "weird" person they are always talking about? I am not sure what I would have said, but I would have felt all suspicious (sp??). But then I am like that. LOL I think I might say something to the mom, but maybe not. I can be a bit of a weenie at time too. Anyway

Maiasaura: I wish I could laugh more, but it is so depressing. I want to go and buy a gallon of yellow and just go nuts in the living room. LOL In fact the whole darn house is these dreary dark colors. I think they were trying to be "Martha Stewart-y" the paint is all flat, and sort of these depressing neutral colors, I say the hell with that, give me COLORS!!! Our old house about 7 different bight colors all thru out it. I wonder if the people who bought it have painted it all white or cream (yuck!)

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 02-04-2009, 08:48 PM

Hi all.

I didn't post here this morning cause I got a text from my friend saying "wakie, wakie, your DH is online!!!!." I had just woken up and was trying to go back to sleep too. Five hours and a couple of tiffs later, DH had to go eat and get some sleep. The tiffs were because he was refusing to discuss making any type of plan when he comes home. I mean, this month marks 6 months he has been gone. We are pretty much halfway there and my worrywort self needs a basic plan. We finally talked about it and everything is cool. I was just getting super frustrated with him. We even got to see each other on web cam. I warned him that I was sick and looked horrible, he said I was beautiful *swoon*

Salvia- I would have been highly uncomfortable. I am not good in social situations and that kind of behavior from them was not only rude but, it would have me sorta freaking out like you are too.

Alright, I better get back to the studying and trying not to fall asleep

ETA: Maiasuara CONGRATS on the Dean's list!!!

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
Old 02-04-2009, 08:55 PM

treasure mapping- huzzah! Though decluttering this year is going to be tough. I'm still being hit in the back of the head by the hormonal stew of proto-babe and my schedule is crazy full these days (what a change!) so the physical decluttering will be harder to manage. Plus I don't really have a lot of "non-useful items" hanging around... it's more a matter of "no place to put the useful items" so it looks cluttered but there's nothing I can swoop down on like an avenging angel of "out the door it goes".

Oh, and on my current TM I noticed that the images on one side of the map have manifested, but the image on the other side haven't. Ok, so it's not 100% but it's about 95%. Very odd. I'm not exactly certain what it means (if anything) but it's interesting.

Salvia- I'd be hurt and upset too, even if they weren't texting about you it's rude. And the mom had already told you that her daughter/spouse use this "private chat in public settings" to say things that wouldn't be "appropriate" to say aloud. Honestly, I'd tell your daughter that this sort of behavior isn't appropriate, and I'd mention it to the other mom as well. Just something like "I really felt uncomfortable with X and Y talking "around" us... I appreciate it when people either wait till they are in private to share their thoughts, or share their thoughts openly with the whole group". I think for me the real "rudeness" is not the private conversation, but the public telegraphing that there is a private conversation going on. But I know I wouldn't have been able to express my unhappiness right then and there. Big hugs!

Year/Day/"doing it right"- it took me a really long time to figure out that there really isn't a "right way". Unless you're interested in following a recon tradition (which I did for a while) or joining an established group with set rituals/correspondances so much of the pagan path is up to what feels right in the moment. Which was the complete opposite to the religion of my childhood (where personal feelings had no bearing on rightness/wrongness and individuals did not get to decide what they would or would not do on a religious level). I did enjoy the rituals I did "by the book", and I felt moved by them. But I was always nervous that I'd do something wrong, or upset that I wasn't able to do X or Y or find ingredient Z. Sometimes I really miss having someone (or something) tell me in nice plain english what, exactly, I should be doing and when I should be doing it, but I think I've found a practice I can be comfortable with.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 02-04-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvia View Post
O.k.- here is my odd little situation. It's no big deal, but it's just is bothering me and I'd like to hear others take on it.
I'd have just come out & said wow.. ya know if one didn't KNOW you they'd think you were talking about them 'behind their backs' via text : or something along those lines. It's almost as bad as having someone intentionally switch from english while talking to a friend, to their native language, as soon as you walk up (yep had that happen.. way to make it damned obvious you're excluding someone.. and very grown up too )

Quote:
WOOT! grats!

Quote:
send me your address and i'll send you some Starbuck's coffee. i have a friend who works there
Oh we HAVE starbucks.. it's just in the city centre.. where I try to avoid going at all costs It's a horrible place of tall building, crowds and much traffic that I can live without lol (well not really horrible, just horrible to ME)

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 02-04-2009, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Well done!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
treasure mapping- huzzah! Though decluttering this year is going to be tough. I'm still being hit in the back of the head by the hormonal stew of proto-babe and my schedule is crazy full these days (what a change!) so the physical decluttering will be harder to manage. Plus I don't really have a lot of "non-useful items" hanging around... it's more a matter of "no place to put the useful items" so it looks cluttered but there's nothing I can swoop down on like an avenging angel of "out the door it goes".

Oh, and on my current TM I noticed that the images on one side of the map have manifested, but the image on the other side haven't. Ok, so it's not 100% but it's about 95%. Very odd. I'm not exactly certain what it means (if anything) but it's interesting.
I made a personal TM this year and one with DH (which is huge but, not really filled). Maybe I am not objective enough but, I think my TMs this year were pretty much duds. Its probably because I don't have them in an area that gets a lot of attention.

Oh, I hung up my spring welcome sign. It looks so nice. I need to find a summery one. I am not sure I want one that is all fourth of July-esque.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
Old 02-05-2009, 12:13 AM

Thanks all for your kind words and thoughts. I'll let you know if I do anything.

Congrats, Maiasaura, on the Dean's list!!!!:

Last year was a great treasure map year for me and...I didn't make a physcial one! Maybe I should just say last year was a good manifesting year for me. I have some big manifestations to work on this year...

Clay~ need some cloth diapers? not that this will help you de-clutter...

Heather~ you needs lots of colorful playsilks to drape on your walls!

Old 02-05-2009, 12:17 AM

evening mamas. I hope everyone had a great day. I went out to dinner with the hubby, felt guilty because the kids weren't there, but still enjoyed the conversation. Now I am going to go back and read about today.

Paranormal State is fantastic...I have a cousin who lived in a house in Texas, that would make your skin crawl!

User Tag List