February Pagan Circle - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 554 Old 02-05-2009, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
brendon - and : sending good thoughts

jades mom -

You guys are cracking me up with the 80's stuff! I used to wear so much hair spray in my big hair the thought of it now makes me sick. It took so long just to get ready! I'm sure back then I couldn't have imagined that one day I'd be going around everyday with no makeup and straight plain jane hair.
#122 of 554 Old 02-05-2009, 10:28 PM

oh no... big hugs brendon.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#123 of 554 Old 02-05-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Don't forget jelly shoes and stirrup pants! And watermelon scented hairspray. And crimping irons. And swatch watches worn 10 at a time.

Or maybe that was just my school.
OMG how could I EVER forget those!!!!! I never had the scented hairspray though Feeling a bit left out now lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
Oy, dh's grandmother had a stroke. We don't have anymore info at this time but if you could keep her in your thoughts, he'd appreciate it. This woman swam in ocean everyday, always left the house dressed for a day of fun, and kept with current fashion, she cooked up a storm and kept he dh on his toes until the day he passed.
Oh no that's awful I sincerely hope it was a mild stroke and that it was just enough to let the docs know there is a problem and that they fix it! Will think good thoughts for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade's Mom View Post
This time of year is supposed to be a time of change and reflection, right? Well, it certainly is for me. I just found out my divorce is final.
First, congratulations Second, I know just the feeling you mean. But trust me, you will go back to being thrilled shortly No matter how bad the marriage may have been, it's normal to take some time to mourn the relationship, the time you invested in it, and the perfect fairy tale marriage that you had hoped for. One of my books has some info on divorce rituals! If I can find it I'll share a bit with you.. I think it would be helpful in letting go.. wish *I* had it when I went through mine.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#124 of 554 Old 02-05-2009, 10:38 PM

Brendon - and : to your family.

We're experiencing some weird extremes in our family at the moment. We just found out that MIL who is in a nursing home for dementia is deteriorating very quickly. Her doctor also told us that it's not Alzheimer's as MIL's PCP thought but a substance-abuse induced dementia. It's not that it matters now, where things are, but it's just adding to the sadness because she was an alcoholic but quit a long time ago and then was very proud of her sober status for many years until the dementia made it hard for her to communicate. So, DP is trying to figure out what to do, obviously he wants to see his mom but she's not really "there" too so it's a bit of a struggle for him. I'm not sure what to say that would help...

On the flip side we just found out last week that we're expecting baby #3!!! : I'm over the moon and DP's reaction was so wonderful that it made everything better. I'm feeling ok so far, some morning sickness has started but it's not super intense yet so I'm hoping it'll be more manageable than my last two pregnancies. The boys are both excited too, though it's really abstract for Nate. We're due the beginning of October.

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#125 of 554 Old 02-05-2009, 11:01 PM

Wow Leila, roller coaster much? Having just lost my mom this past year and NOT being able to see her before, I really suggest to your dh he visit. I know it's hard to see her in that condition.. but he will never forgive himself for not going. I know this oh too well She may not recognize him but HE will know he was there.

Congrats on the pregancy! More pagan mama's Up the Duff! : ( my absolute favorite bit of Aussie slang for pregnant hehe) How exciting :

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#126 of 554 Old 02-05-2009, 11:18 PM
gun

Leilamus - : YAY!! Congratulations!! I think it would be good if your DH could visit. I did long term care for a long time and believe that last visit was very healing for so many.

Peace- Heather
#127 of 554 Old 02-05-2009, 11:36 PM

i had all this stuff i was going to reply to, and then i get life upheaval, too.

before we went to Disney, remember how i was worried about my aunt (mom's sister) who was in the hospital? well, now she's dying-- could be hours, could be days. she's now gotten a blood bacterial thing that she's not going to recover from, so that's what she's dying of. i think. it's all so confusing.

the whole family is there, and my mom is flying out tomorrow, and my brother (who never even liked this aunt much) is going to be in the area b/c of work and is going to be there, and i *was* just online comparing flights and getting all dizzy and confused and trying to figure it all out and was going to bust butt and leave tomorrow, when i found out that they've got 12 people staying in a 1 bedroom apt. and Rio won't be allowed in the hospital anyway
so we're not going.

my cousin went in and told my aunt (who's lucid) that i was on the phone and i sent my love, and she said my aunt's face just lit up. i'm just having a lot of trouble with this, mamas
i really, really wanted to see her before she died. i'm so, so sad. i am crying and i'm tired and i need to go to bed and i just needed to tell you guys cause you're my friends.
i'm really bummed.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#128 of 554 Old 02-05-2009, 11:41 PM
gun

Maia - hugs! You must feel so stuck. It is good that you were able to get the message of love to your aunt even if it is by phone! That's so good. Why wouldn't Rio be allowed at the hospital?

Not the time at all, but I checked out Unsound and it took me back!

Peace- Heather
#129 of 554 Old 02-05-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
i had all this stuff i was going to reply to, and then i get life upheaval, too.

before we went to Disney, remember how i was worried about my aunt (mom's sister) who was in the hospital? well, now she's dying-- could be hours, could be days. she's now gotten a blood bacterial thing that she's not going to recover from, so that's what she's dying of. i think. it's all so confusing.

the whole family is there, and my mom is flying out tomorrow, and my brother (who never even liked this aunt much) is going to be in the area b/c of work and is going to be there, and i *was* just online comparing flights and getting all dizzy and confused and trying to figure it all out and was going to bust butt and leave tomorrow, when i found out that they've got 12 people staying in a 1 bedroom apt. and Rio won't be allowed in the hospital anyway
so we're not going.

my cousin went in and told my aunt (who's lucid) that i was on the phone and i sent my love, and she said my aunt's face just lit up. i'm just having a lot of trouble with this, mamas
i really, really wanted to see her before she died. i'm so, so sad. i am crying and i'm tired and i need to go to bed and i just needed to tell you guys cause you're my friends.
i'm really bummed.
HUGE Mama. I am so sorry.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#130 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
she's now gotten a blood bacterial thing that she's not going to recover from, so that's what she's dying of. i think. it's all so confusing.
Sepsis is the bane of all hospital patients I'm so very sorry hun I know what it's like not to be able to be there... I'm sure she knows you are thinking of her and wishing you could be.

#131 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 01:59 AM

Mia... I'm sending you so many (((HUGS)))! You did the right thing by calling and talking to her. Tragedy is so hard... There just aren't words to make it better, so I just hope you can feel the love and support coming your way.

Danika - I'm so sorry you're facing more difficulty with this than you expected. That is totally normal with something like this. Many many (((HUGS))) coming your way!

Brendon - I am sending you so so many (((HUGS))) too. Today is a hard day for so many. Much much love is coming your way.

Quote:
Greenmama- there's a pagan headcovering thread over in Religious Studies, but some of the pagan mamas have found that head covering helps "tune out" energies or helps "focus" intent. For me I find that putting on a scarf or head covering is kind of like carrying an umbrella in the rain or wearing a coat on a windy day. It helps me regulate how much of that outside energy I take in, and helps me focus my personal intent. I usually add a drop of essential oil to my scarf in the morning to add a layer to my focus (or extra protection if I know the day will be tough). I notice a real difference on days when I don't cover and days when I do.
Thank you so much for this information. That was really helpful!!! I'll go check out that thread!
#132 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Brendon and Maiasaura-

I'll check back in later.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#133 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelove View Post
redveg - Just want to give you huge hugs mama and a great big "Hooray!" for having the courage to stand up and be yourself. I've been where you are and know what it's like. Brings me to tears thinking about it. I'm proud of you! I know how hard and scary it can be. I grew up in a small town in a southern conservative state (Texas), in a southern conservative family. My family isn't extremely hard core religious, they are somewhat laid back as far as Christianity goes. But still they were born and bred there and have a very hard time with anything different. In a sense I felt like I was hiding inside myself for most of my life. You will feel so much strength and empowerment when you bring the real you out of hiding and into the sunlight! Feel free to pm me if you need any support or a shoulder. I am excited for you but know how scary this process can be. (As an aside, one of my brothers just recently came out of the closet at 34. My parents have had quite a stretch of their way of thinking over the last several years. lol Of course they still have a hard time opening their minds past their own little world. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmamato2 View Post
BIG BIG BIG Congratulations! And kudos. Its hard to be so open and upfront about who you are sometimes. I know now that I'm entering into this belief system my family (outside of my mom and brother) would not be happy at ALL. They may not even talk to me anymore. I'm afraid some of my friends would be that way too. Fortunately, my best friend knows, and so does my mom... That said, I am really excited for you to have that freedom now, and to be confident enough and willing enough to be open and honest about who you are. You're an inspiration. *hugs*
Quote:
redveg- : And hugs for the scary bits too. I went through something similar a few months ago with my mother and it was very scary, very stressful, but now I feel this amazing...well, freedom, even though that sounds cheesy. It's like I've given myself permission to stop trying to be the person she wants me to be and just be myself. It took months (heck, years) to get to that point, but in the final moment it was more like throwing a switch. Everything changed for me, and even DH said the change was apparent more or less as soon as I gave myself permission to be "me" in front of my mother and let her figure out her own response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
It's always a good time to be you! Sometimes when you haven't been being your 'authentic self' (at least not where the world can see it!) it's a bit nervy to let people see.. but it feels much more right.

Morning Mamas. Thank you all so much. It brought tears to my eyes to feel so much support. It was just what I needed. It didn't go as bad as I thought when I broke the news, but it didn't go at all. So far everyone I have talked to hasn't said a word to me. I guess they need time to process? I got total silence. Not what I expected.

Quote:
Oy, dh's grandmother had a stroke. We don't have anymore info at this time but if you could keep her in your thoughts, he'd appreciate it.
to your family. I will send good thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilamus View Post
We're experiencing some weird extremes in our family at the moment. We just found out that MIL who is in a nursing home for dementia is deteriorating very quickly. Her doctor also told us that it's not Alzheimer's as MIL's PCP thought but a substance-abuse induced dementia. It's not that it matters now, where things are, but it's just adding to the sadness because she was an alcoholic but quit a long time ago and then was very proud of her sober status for many years until the dementia made it hard for her to communicate. So, DP is trying to figure out what to do, obviously he wants to see his mom but she's not really "there" too so it's a bit of a struggle for him. I'm not sure what to say that would help...

On the flip side we just found out last week that we're expecting baby #3!!! : I'm over the moon and DP's reaction was so wonderful that it made everything better. I'm feeling ok so far, some morning sickness has started but it's not super intense yet so I'm hoping it'll be more manageable than my last two pregnancies. The boys are both excited too, though it's really abstract for Nate. We're due the beginning of October.
and: to you and your family. What a crazy time. I am sorry to hear about your MIL. Congrats!!! on the baby.

Quote:

so we're not going.

i'm really bummed.
I am so sorry.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#134 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 10:07 AM

Maiasaura- *hugs* It is so hard being away from people when you don't want to be.

redveg- *hugs*

Leila- *hugs* Congratulations on the new life! *hugs* for your husbands MIL.

*sigh* it would be nice to just stay home, but dd has pre-k, dd has playdate and girlscouts. no vegging in front of the fire for me.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#135 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 10:33 AM

Maiasaura

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#136 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 10:33 AM

Good morning ladies. I know I haven't been posting much but I am reading along.

Quote:
Don't forget jelly shoes and stirrup pants! And watermelon scented hairspray. And crimping irons. And swatch watches worn 10 at a time.
This took me back and made me :

Quote:
Oy, dh's grandmother had a stroke.
Do you guys have anymore info yet? I hope she's ok, Brendon. Much : and for the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilamus View Post
We just found out that MIL who is in a nursing home for dementia is deteriorating very quickly.

On the flip side we just found out last week that we're expecting baby #3!!! :
Leilamas, I didn't know dementia could be brought on by substance abuse. I'm so sorry that you and dh are in such a situation. Many thoughts and : coming your way. And big CONGRATS on #3!

Quote:
well, now she's dying-- could be hours, could be days. she's now gotten a blood bacterial thing that she's not going to recover from, so that's what she's dying of. i think. it's all so confusing.
Mai, big :

We also got some bad news this week. DW's step father was diagnosed with lung cancer last year. They did surgery and chemo and we thought he was going to be ok. DW called her mom the other night and the cancer is spread to his brain. They're doing more chemo and if that doesn't work I'm not sure what will be next. If you guys could keep him in your thoughts that would be great. We knew 3 people last year that were diagnosed with lung cancer and he's the only one left still with us. DW was beside herself for all her mom has been through over the past few years.

-Rachel

#137 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 11:48 AM

I am haning on by a thread at work... been a rough day and I've been here barely an hour. But I wanted to send out a virtual hug to you all.

I will be lighting a candle for the loved ones who are ill.

Thinking of you all even if I don't have a chance to comment individually.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#138 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
*sigh* it would be nice to just stay home, but dd has pre-k, dd has playdate and girlscouts. no vegging in front of the fire for me.
at least you have a fire. i have to sit in front of the video one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
We also got some bad news this week. DW's step father was diagnosed with lung cancer last year.
hugs back atcha, grrrl. lung cancer is rough. that's what ds's father died of.

thanks for all the hugs, all. i'm better today. i haven't heard from any of the family, so i guess my aunt is still hanging in there. my thoughts are with her constantly. i hope she has a good death, as much as she is able to.
i have been thinking more and more about the idea of being a death midwife, maybe, someday. it's a fascinating idea. i know a woman out in (i think seattle?) somewhere west that does that.

oh, and it was only the little kids and the teenyboppers that wore jelly shoes in the 80s...all the rest of us cool people wouldn't have been caught dead

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#139 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 03:08 PM

Rachel - huge huge hugs. My grandpa passed away from Lung cancer. He did last a long time, though, so hang in there and don't give up. I'm sending so many good thoughts and hugs to you!

Well mamas, the kids are both sick today (the oldest has been for weeks ). I'm wearing thin. I think we're going to spend a good part of the morning outside in the fresh air. Its a beautiful day outside and I think it would help me feel more grounded to be out of this stuffy house full of sickness and mess (haven't been able to clean much since the family's been so ill).

My youngest just ripped apart half a dozen boiled eggs I'd made for breakfast, so I'd better run. They are in teensy pieces all over the coffee table. *sigh*

Peace, mamas!
#140 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 03:48 PM

wowza yer moving fast this month, my sisters! <dizzy>

salvia, what poopyheads. now, maybe this is me and how i was brought up, and my... ornery side... but honestly? i have a tendancy to feel in such situations that if someone who is so lame as to DO such a thing *wasnt* making fun of me, i'd feel i was doing something wrong... or, to put it in a more positive way-- that i was doing something right, if they *were* talking about me.... kwim? that sounds like what moms say to kids when they're teased, but the more i've experienced life, the more i tend to think it's actually true. hugs to you.

maia! rocking out to your band in the kitchen while ds and i make cookies (and i try to catch up with you chattly lot, lol)... LURVE the bond song, of course. i'll ask dh about denville. ok, then, pm me your number and i'll call you. cause i wanna hear it. i found the info about astrological imbolc... posted it! did you see? it's really kinda cool.

where i've been? making candles and baking bread, of course! actually, my first time on my own for both (well, "real" bread), and DANG it's sooo easy! why havent i been doing this all along?????

COLORS! hey. i lurve cream! mainly cause i love to change my colors out by season, so i have to have a neutral base. i get too tired of any one color too fast.

wow, treasure mapping. i'm so ready for it. i have two really fun ideas for non-tm tms. my first one rocked, my second was a bit rough, but some of the stuff is coming so freakily true.....

clay, that's funny about the one side. mmm. if you can figure out some themeatic thing, maybe you can make it work better next time! i hear the "nothing to purge"... i'll be working more on better organizing what IS. not that you have time for that, lol... but you could try *thinking* of what you *might* do if you had time/energy, lol

gun,
hugs, sweet one. i agree, making an external change to reflect the inner one is a very natural impulse. <hugs>

cari, the wreath thing is hilarious. i had one like that once too! hehehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
does anyone have a recipe for making homemade truffles?
here's the one i make. super easy, super good.

re: headcovering... i love reading about this. i wish i could do it, esp the thing about filtering out... i so need help with that, but i can not stand stuff on my head! sensory thing i guess. i use my bracelets and such in a similar way, i guess. hmmm.

redveg~ yay you being you. it's hard, in any sense! but so so so worth it. i do affirmations, tapping, (gasp, shock i know, lol) and intentional stone wearing to help bolster my confidnce in me when i need some. you can do it!

spirit babes... there's a thread here somewhere about all kinds of stories. those experiences can be awesome. mine was rather intense, lol, given what happened with his birth, but yeah-- i knew it was him as soon as i saw him. if i could have moved, i would have fallen! i actually gasped. amazing feeling.

Quote:
It's like I've given myself permission to stop trying to be the person she wants me to be and just be myself.
::::
that is HUGE, you! big great wonderful bouncy hugs. i started doing that a bit ago, and while it's hard (um, hi, i live with my mom, lol), but it's so so so worth it. i credit this thread actually, with a few years of building me up to being able to DO it!

Quote:
Actually, it's kind of similar to how nature itself has been visualized over time... the Victorians were asserting their new found control over nature and in a way trivializing the powers found in the wild.
:now you're hitting close to my area of study, woman. dont get me started. i'm even indulging historian me by watching an old bbc victorian show. sigh.

ahh, 80s memories, lol.
Dont forget jelly bracelets, too, gals! they're "back", did you know? i want some, but green me is scared of what's IN them, kwim?

brendon, hugs and healing vibes for your grandma, she sounds like an amazing woman!

jade's mom: hugs you! do some cleansing or something to get some of that waiting energy out maybe? (lol at swimming and thinking... i was a swimmer most of my school life, and i think maybe that's why i was so grounded then. great time for thought. very clear thought, too! i thought i was the only one who thought that! )

leila, congrats momma! enjoy! early october is an awesome time to be born, if i say so my self (born oct 5). and hugs for mil. so sad.

ohmygracious, maia, huge huge hugs. i'm so sorry you cant go be there. <sniff>

rach, been thinking of you! i want more pics of your pottery!!!!! hugs to your dw and her step dad.

indigo, ohno! already by a thread? boo! hope it gets better!!

*whew*.
serves me right for having a migrane yesterday, lol. if i missed anything, i'm so sorry! hugs and frosted cookies with stick sprinkles (made by my ds, lol) to you all.

i'm going to a BEAD SHOW tonight, gals! i'm very excited. i have no idea if i'll buy anything, but i just cant not see. it's what tucson is famous for, well, among other things like it being really hot, lol.... anyhow. wish me beading luck!

xoxoxoxo
:
#141 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 03:48 PM

Morning All.

Its off to the post office to mail DH's V-day box and to the Naturopath this afternoon. My Mom is taking me cause of the whole fear of driving thing and my car needs a new battery.

Hope you all have a good day!

#142 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 04:10 PM
gun

Brendon - hoping you have better news about DH's Gma.

Maia - there was just a segment on NPR that mentioned a death midwife. Here - I like the idea of caring for our own after their transition. I hope your aunt stays comfortable.

Leila - sorry about the MIL.

Indigo - hopefully the day has gotten more tolerable.

Take care everyone.

Peace- Heather
#143 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 05:26 PM

Oh it has stayed a very interesting day today.

But I get to go home soon and I have my pay check, so it's all good.

Tomorrow is working out to be an extremely busy day and I am actually sorta, may be hoping that friends decide to cancel a plan here or there. But if not, it's going to be fun. I should sleep well on Sunday.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#144 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 07:32 PM

Maybe this is a stupid question with an obvious answer, but I'm wondering if most of you meditate regularly?

As I've said before, I am new to this journey so I had never *truly* meditated before. I read a little bit on the pagan mama resources thread a while back about grounding yourself and how meditation can be a part of that. I figured that since I'm just starting out that grounding myself would be a very good thing to do and I've always wanted to learn to meditate. What I didn't expect, was how intense and amazing it would be.

Is this just my imagination going wild or is this sort of experience what to expect? I feel rather hokey asking, and laying it all out there, but I figure you mamas would know. Thanks for letting me put it out there.
#145 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 08:28 PM

What a beautiful journey greenmama! I sent you a pm with more.

Hugs to all the Mamas who are needing them today.

I just found out this morning that one of my cats is having kidney failure. :
#146 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
maia! rocking out to your band in the kitchen while ds and i make cookies (and i try to catch up with you chattly lot, lol)... LURVE the bond song, of course.
oh, yay, you like us? : we had so much fun. Mike actually wrote that Bond song for it to be the theme of the movie that hadn't come out yet (at the time) "For Special Services" and i never could figure out why he didn't actually submit it. we never got signed by anybody, but no reason an unsigned band can't do a theme song for a major movie
wait'll you hear the live version!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Maia - there was just a segment on NPR that mentioned a death midwife. Here - I like the idea of caring for our own after their transition. I hope your aunt stays comfortable.
how cool is that? thanks for the link!
my brother just called, and he said he was going to find out if (and they should) they can bring a cell phone in and hold it to my aunt's ear so i can talk to her. he said she really can't say anything, but as awkward as it will feel having a one-sided conversation, at least i will get to talk to her before she goes :

greenmama, that was some intense meditation! very cool!

leila-- belated baby congrats!

peacelove-- about your kitty. my first cat died of diabetes and kidney cancer love hir up, mama.

#147 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 10:22 PM

greenmama~ that was so lovely- thank you for sharing your experience! A year or so ago, I had a similar experience, in which I meditated asking my spirit guide to visit me. It was powerful- and oddly enough, invilved traveling in a little wooden boat. I hope you gain peace from your experience- I can see how it would have been painful to see that baby! Again thank you for sharing your powerful journey!

gun- thanks for the link to the peice on the death midwife- I'll listen to it soon. Just today a friend and I were talking about the concept of a "good death". My grandmother and father-in-law died in the last year, so it is something I have been thinking about a lot.

Hugs to all that are having difficult times! (sorry to be generic)

Oh, I found out today that my 21 year old niece got married today to her boyrfirend of 6 months who is about to be deployed to Afganistan! I'm am stunned. 8O

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#148 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 11:07 PM

I'm trying to catch up. Brendon, Maiasuara, and Leilamus, s for your hard times. It's hard loosing someone.

Greenmama- what a beautiful meditation! I try to spend a few minutes everyday, but life happens too. I think a set meditation routine would be a good idea for me.

That cold I had knocked me out good, I wasn't able to celebrate Imbolc the way I wanted, so aweynsayl, your info able timing is great. I've been celebrating with rice pudding a bit too much though! Yummy.
#149 of 554 Old 02-06-2009, 11:54 PM
gun

Here is a better link for death midwifery - here from POV

Peacelove - Sorry about the cat. We too are discussing the time for our cat who is also having issues, and what is humane.

Maia - I think it will be good to speak to your aunt and say your goodbyes. I know this is a very hard time.

DH and I got an evening out tonight for the first time in months for a date! Dinner and a movie. We saw The Wrestler, and it was fantastic, but oh so bleak.

Peace- Heather
#150 of 554 Old 02-07-2009, 02:17 AM

Bad day. Missed DH's phone call 3 times because my Mom and I were at the casino. Oh and I have only lost 8 pounds *sigh*

Going to watch Battlestar Galactica and do my sit-ups during commercials. I will loose weight!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page