March Pagan Mamas Circle - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 569 Old 03-17-2009, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cari- I obviously missed the brew haha last year with your son. Ifyou feel comfortable with it, could I be filled in? I would love to keep him in my thoughts and prayers, either way. :-) hugs.

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#302 of 569 Old 03-17-2009, 01:19 PM

Big hugs to Cari and Maia!

We did two little paper plate birds - one pastel, one bright colors. DD2 wants to do it again soon.

Didn't get to play with the clay yet... this might have to wait until after the Equinox. Hey, it will still be Spring and it would be a nice gift to celebrate Easter with the family. (we can't plant anything outside before mid-may anyway

Valérie   
#303 of 569 Old 03-17-2009, 05:25 PM

Mamas, if you could send some good vibes this way and light a candle I would appreciate it. I'm waiting on some very important life changing news and could really use the best outcome. It's not regarding DH's safety, etc, he's fine as far as I know.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#304 of 569 Old 03-17-2009, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

so after that really crappy, low-self-esteem day yesterday, i picked up a piece of trash in the yard, and when i opened it, this is what it said:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There's nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us, it is in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Nelson Mandela quoting Marianne Williamson
Inaugural Speech, 1994

now how utterly cool is that. chills, anyone? :

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#305 of 569 Old 03-17-2009, 05:51 PM

::: Many good vibes to you BellaLuna Rayne.

Wow Maia! Very very cool!!! :

Valérie   
#306 of 569 Old 03-17-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Cari- I feel your pain. My dad's 1 yr anniversary of his death is on the 23rd. Feel free to pm me if you want to chat about it. Or catch me on facebook.
Thanks hun... I decided to fight with my husband instead apparently I may just do that if I have a moment today... dh just doesn't realize how huge it is, even though he tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
he's being charged?? seriously? omg, i'm so sorry. that stinks. add insult to injury, why don't they.
Well, because there was a death they 'had' to 'charge' someone apparently. Her father & Sam (my step dad) are both very well known & liked in the county though, so if the DA wants even a chance at winning the next election, he will bury those charges until they disappear. Nobody in the entire county wants him charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Babe View Post
Cari- I obviously missed the brew haha last year with your son. Ifyou feel comfortable with it, could I be filled in? I would love to keep him in my thoughts and prayers, either way. :-) hugs.
I will pm you to keep from clogging the thread.. it's a long post lol

Quote:
so after that really crappy, low-self-esteem day yesterday, i picked up a piece of trash in the yard, and when i opened it, this is what it said:

Very cool! A real life 'note from the Universe' I got one of those once.. my ex & I were driving to his new assignment at Homestead AFB in florida and after we exited the highway we had no idea which way to go.. at the bottom of the ramp was a big cardboard sign that said 'Will turn left' (his name is Will).. it was freaky!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#307 of 569 Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Well, because there was a death they 'had' to 'charge' someone apparently. Her father & Sam (my step dad) are both very well known & liked in the county though, so if the DA wants even a chance at winning the next election, he will bury those charges until they disappear. Nobody in the entire county wants him charged.
oh, well, ok then.

Quote:
Very cool! A real life 'note from the Universe' I got one of those once.. my ex & I were driving to his new assignment at Homestead AFB in florida and after we exited the highway we had no idea which way to go.. at the bottom of the ramp was a big cardboard sign that said 'Will turn left' (his name is Will).. it was freaky!
that's so funny
i used to have a coffee mug that i brought to AA meetings. it had a drawing...i can't remember the name of the artist, but it was a very distinctive style. black and white drawing of these three angels, freaky looking kind of, with wide open mouths, looked like they were caroling maybe, and the caption underneath said "a message from God: get off your ass!"

messages from god/universe though: i get them all the time, though not that obvious as "will turn left" or the paper in my yard. as long as i Pay Attention. but this one, that was really really a big Wow moment. it was even in a similar font to the one i used to post it on here.

oh yes, Magick Is

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#308 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 12:07 AM
gun

Hello all! We spent the day at the park with friends today! It was almost 70!! (and Happy St Patrick's to those who celebrate!)

Bella - hope you get the news you want

Maia - cool note from the world for you at the right time too!

Aweyn - hope everything is swell!

I will likely be gaing wt. We finally busted out a panini grill we got for xmas from DH's fam. I didn't want yet another big kitchen electronic, but Oh boy! I am hooked! My mind is now flooded with panini ideas! :

Who is ready for the equinox?!

Peace- Heather
#309 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
I'm ready for Spring weather but haven't planned any activities yet. Yeah, I'm a procrastinator.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#310 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 10:43 AM

Morning :yawning: Why oh why do I have to get up at 5:00 am?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Mamas, if you could send some good vibes this way and light a candle I would appreciate it. I'm waiting on some very important life changing news and could really use the best outcome. It's not regarding DH's safety, etc, he's fine as far as I know.
: I hope all will turn out how you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post

Didn't get to play with the clay yet... this might have to wait until after the Equinox. Hey, it will still be Spring and it would be a nice gift to celebrate Easter with the family. (we can't plant anything outside before mid-may anyway
I'm hoping to do the clay/seed bombs for Happy Spring presents for DD's preschool class. It's such a fun idea :

Quote:
Wow. That's cool. Just what you needed!

Quote:
.. at the bottom of the ramp was a big cardboard sign that said 'Will turn left' (his name is Will).. it was freaky!
OK...that's amazing!
Cari, I hope you made it through the day ok. I can't begin to imagine how hard this must be.

Dok-I'm so sorry about your Dad.

Quote:
Hello all! We spent the day at the park with friends today! It was almost 70!! (and Happy St Patrick's to those who celebrate!)

Sounds like a gorgeous day! Yesterday I bought 4 bunches of daffodils for myself. They're my most favorite flower, and they're total spring happiness to me!

Mmmm...paninis

Hello to everyone. I hope thoughts of Spring are bringing happiness to all :

Today I'm off to help create a leprechaun village in the forest behind DD's preschool. They've made leprechaun traps and done a bazillion leprechaun, rainbow, sparkly, golden, jewel art projects. It should be fun.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#311 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 11:15 AM

Hey Mama's I lurk mostly and was wondering if you point me in the direction of some good reads on the subject of pagan beliefs. I'm slowly trying to find a definition of what I believe and learn but my resources are limited at the library
#312 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 01:41 PM

Hi p1gg1e, there is a whole thread with loads of books http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ad.php?t=24834
It's ok if you want to ask opinions on a specific title or two though, that thread is way long.

I'm getting ready for a 5 day house painting party. We need to have it all painted by next Monday. I'm still planning to do what I can for Ostara Friday though.

BellaLuna :

Maia- how cool! Now read that note when you're feeling down on yourself.
#313 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
Mmmm...paninis
ok, so a panini is some kind of sandwich, right? so...what's the big deal? :

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1gg1e View Post
Hey Mama's I lurk mostly and was wondering if you point me in the direction of some good reads on the subject of pagan beliefs. I'm slowly trying to find a definition of what I believe and learn but my resources are limited at the library
welcome piggle! hope you don't mind if i use i's instead of 1s, they are faster to type. which is why i don't use capitals either
author: Phyllis Curott. 1st and 2nd book: Book of Shadows and Witch Crafting. my two very very favorite recommendations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Maia- how cool! Now read that note when you're feeling down on yourself.
good idea. i think i'm going to keep it in my journal, on the page of the day i found it.

i did go to the gym today, even though i did not want to. did 30m on the treadmill and my circuit workout. came out sweating and red and feeling good, even though i so hate exercise. i wish i liked it. maybe i'll put liking it on my treasure map.

#314 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:

yes, a grilled sandwich

welcome piggle! hope you don't mind if i use i's instead of 1s, they are faster to type. which is why i don't use capitals either
author: Phyllis Curott. 1st and 2nd book: Book of Shadows and Witch Crafting. my two very very favorite recommendations.

I'd also reccomend those books

good idea. i think i'm going to keep it in my journal, on the page of the day i found it.

i did go to the gym today, even though i did not want to. did 30m on the treadmill and my circuit workout. came out sweating and red and feeling good, even though i so hate exercise. i wish i liked it. maybe i'll put liking it on my treasure map.
Telling yourself another message about excersice is a good idea. You can think of it as a time you take care of yourself, use a meditation, project the outcome you desire by picturing your muscles and bones gaining strength. Or just saying you can endure it another 5 min. ( then another 5 min after that.) Just remember that you do feel good when you're done, instead of feeling guilty for not exercising.
#315 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 03:00 PM

Well gals, today marks 7 months done of this deployment. Goodness, its going by fast and I am VERY thankful for that.

I'm still waiting on the news that I requested vibes for, so please keep them coming! I'm terribly anxious.

I cleaned my living room yesterday and part of that was organizing my chaos on the coffee table. I don't know what I did but, it looks like a bomb went off on the table again. If only my desk was bigger, I would so be in the office.

Welcome p1gg1e! Recs: Scott Cunningham's Wicca: A Guide For The Solitary Practitioner and Living Wicca. I should reread those...again. Its been years.

#316 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 04:41 PM

Hey Ladies, I am home! Wow, it was a great vaca but I am oh so glad to be home. :

I'll try anc catch up cause I can tell I missed some important news.

Peace
Karen

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#317 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 05:00 PM

welcome p1gg1e! I second the pagan resources thread (I'm a fan of Caitlin Matthews, Francesca deGrandis, Cait Johnson, and Starhawk) and don't forget to ask about interlibrary loans at your library... they may be able to get things for you.

So some of you know I'm not totally jumping with joy at my birth options... any advice on techniques for finding balance and weighing options? Right now I'm seeing a homebirth midwife but I'm sort of "homebirth neutral".... it's not something I actively want, the midwife has me concerned about her availability (I've been rescheduled twice already and she'll be leaving for a three month vacation so I wont see her again until the month before the birth), and I'm just not feeling the love. I interviewed a vbac OB/CNM practice today and they too have drawbacks... I'll need to fight for certain things, the chance of interventions and even rc/s goes up, and the practice/hospital is a 45 minute drive from my home. Ugh. So on the one hand the homebirth is perfect in a best case scenario birth and the hospital CNM is perfect in a worse case scenario birth. Since I'm not likely to have either a best case or worst case birth I'm having trouble figuring out which option is the "right" compromise.

So, ideas? I've tried journaling and meditating but I get so worked up about it I end up totally flustered, unable to sleep, and either crying or yelling at DH. I need to make some sort of decision soon though.... I think some of my trouble is that I'm a bit in limbo right now and that's not good for my peace of mind!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#318 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 05:43 PM

Clay, I know it is so tough, decisions, decisions. I am the mama of an only, who didn't expect to have any children before the oops . Medical issues and a highly hereditary cancer that I had a 50% chance to pass on.

But what I did was find the OB office with the lowest c-section rate. Made friends with the practice's CNM, wrote a very specific birth plan, every detail agreed on by DP 100% and had a pleasant birth experience in the hospital (including tubal ligation), where DP stuck to our sides like glue. He only left for 60 minutes during my entire stay and that was on the last day when I was up and about.

Good luck

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#319 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 05:45 PM

A great way to celebrate spring: Born March 17th

Clay- Sorry, no advice for you. But I hope you find a perfect solution.

#320 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 05:51 PM

Clay- How is your body feeling? I know you said Ro's birth was really tough on your body. How has your recovery gone?
For me, I had decided after Gillian was born that I wanted a homebirth as long as everything was fine with the babe. I also felt comfortable making such a decision once my midwife and I clicked. If you aren't clicking with your midwife, a homebirth won't be what you want- well, at least, not with her.
*hugs* What does your dh say?

I got to see the shuttle take off- well mostly- and it was so awesome!!!!

Our grass is ready for Ostara, so I plan to run out tomorrow or Friday for some supplies. I am ready for spring- especially after our beautiful 10days of warm 80's.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#321 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 07:31 PM

OT

So I know there is a little one in this group that is named Gillian ;-) but does anyone think that that name is over used? DH and I are drawn to Gillian Ivy for a girl name (And I am having STRONG girl vibes, but we shall see.) My brother was grossed out and said it wasn't unique enough for us (I said pfft. Good thing you don't get to name my kid, then,bro) but then I heard a man calling his daughter Gillian today at gym.

However, he was calling both his kids, Ethan and Gillian, and Ethan is my new little nephew's name so I think it was a sign.

I didn't multi quote so I need to go start a new post to address everyone...

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#322 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
A great way to celebrate spring: Born March 17th
Sweet little piglets!
Quote:
Vibes for you, m'dear.
Quote:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There's nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us, it is in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Nelson Mandela quoting Marianne Williamson
Inaugural Speech, 1994

Super chills of awesomeness!!!!

Quote:

I will likely be gaing wt. We finally busted out a panini grill we got for xmas from DH's fam. I didn't want yet another big kitchen electronic, but Oh boy! I am hooked! My mind is now flooded with panini ideas! :

MMMMM. Paninis... I am gluten free and make corn tortilla paninis sometime.... mmm.

Quote:
Morning :yawning: Why oh why do I have to get up at 5:00 am?

Today I'm off to help create a leprechaun village in the forest behind DD's preschool. They've made leprechaun traps and done a bazillion leprechaun, rainbow, sparkly, golden, jewel art projects. It should be fun.
That sounds so cool!!! My kids have been printing off st. patty's day crafts from www.enchantedlearning.com and having a blast!
Quote:
Because they are the best, meltiest, grilled sandwich of goodness ever. Do you like really good grilled cheese? Or grilled, pressed reubens? Then you might like paninis. They are grilled and then pressed with a weight while grilling. yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
welcome p1gg1e! I second the pagan resources thread (I'm a fan of Caitlin Matthews, Francesca deGrandis, Cait Johnson, and Starhawk) and don't forget to ask about interlibrary loans at your library... they may be able to get things for you.

So some of you know I'm not totally jumping with joy at my birth options... any advice on techniques for finding balance and weighing options? Right now I'm seeing a homebirth midwife but I'm sort of "homebirth neutral".... it's not something I actively want, the midwife has me concerned about her availability (I've been rescheduled twice already and she'll be leaving for a three month vacation so I wont see her again until the month before the birth), and I'm just not feeling the love. I interviewed a vbac OB/CNM practice today and they too have drawbacks... I'll need to fight for certain things, the chance of interventions and even rc/s goes up, and the practice/hospital is a 45 minute drive from my home. Ugh. So on the one hand the homebirth is perfect in a best case scenario birth and the hospital CNM is perfect in a worse case scenario birth. Since I'm not likely to have either a best case or worst case birth I'm having trouble figuring out which option is the "right" compromise.

So, ideas? I've tried journaling and meditating but I get so worked up about it I end up totally flustered, unable to sleep, and either crying or yelling at DH. I need to make some sort of decision soon though.... I think some of my trouble is that I'm a bit in limbo right now and that's not good for my peace of mind!
Are there any other midwives near you? It might just mean that this isn't the midwife for you.

SO. My kids are so cute. Addison really likes any holiday that comes around.... She got up yesterday and told me she was going outside in the backyard. I was cleaning the kitchen so I was like "mmhm.whatever" about 20 minutes later she brought me the sweetest handmade card with clovers taped all over it and phrases about bring luck to you, are you feelin lucky yet? etc.

Made my heart melt, it was so cool. But then both of my kids pinched me without even looking to see that I WAS wearing green...

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#323 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 08:25 PM

Bella- Gilli is the only Gillian we know. We found out afterward that Isabella was on the top 15 list or something.

I love little piggies!

#324 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:

OK...that's amazing!
Cari, I hope you made it through the day ok. I can't begin to imagine how hard this must be.
I did, although I was a cranky bitch the whole day... and not much better yesterday. And today was the funeral so that ones doomed as well Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Quote:
Well gals, today marks 7 months done of this deployment. Goodness, its going by fast and I am VERY thankful for that.
Woot over half way now hun...it's a down hill slide of madly getting everything ready for him to come home now (ya know, as if he expects a mansion or something... I remember doing it well, wanting everything to be just so)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1gg1e View Post
Welcome :

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
So some of you know I'm not totally jumping with joy at my birth options... any advice on techniques for finding balance and weighing options?
Ick.. being a vbac mom complicates things doesn't it I have no advice really, because the system is so different there... here they are still fine with vbacs. There's not nearly so much drama surrounding them, unless something occurrs to make them think otherwise, it's assumed that you'll have a pretty normal vaginal birth! I was not into the homebirth idea myself...although nearly ended up with 2 due to the amazing speed at which my boys decided to enter the world (although they were all 10days or so LATE doing so!) I hope you are able to find something perfect for you.

Quote:
OT

So I know there is a little one in this group that is named Gillian ;-) but does anyone think that that name is over used?
Here It's not a common name AT ALL. Then again I'm probably half way around the world from you and not much help lol I do think it's a lovely name though

On the homebuying front, we can NOT get a mortgage just yet... and honestly I'm relieved lol (and dh could see it) I tried hard to get excited and did a little... but the nerves were just too much. I like to plan these things to death so I felt totally unprepared! IF dh were self employed for 2yrs (instead of 6mos) banks would be all over us to give us a loan of ridiculous proportions (my jaw landed on the table when she told us what we would be eligible for... no WAY do I want a 400k PLUS mortgage!!!!!) SO we've set up a savings plan so that in 20months when we are eligible for most banks lending rules we have a deposit as well.

We ARE however, going to move out of this house as I'm jsut fed UP with the constant stuff breaking, not working properly, TREES falling on our power lines and stuff (due to the termites in the ground). and the just general lack of space (guess I'll have to leave the small house thread lol.. I just can't cope anymore!)

The boys & I are going to hop in the car in a while and take a drive past a few.. then go to the coffee shop/bakery and get cupcakes in honour of Connor's 5th birthday today! I gave him his gift this morning of a spiffy firemans costume and case of 'tools' and he's thrilled with life hehehe. He'll wear it forever... or till it rots off his little body and that includes to the bakery LOL. Maybe I can persuade him to leave the helmet in the car?

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#325 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Woot over half way now hun...it's a down hill slide of madly getting everything ready for him to come home now (ya know, as if he expects a mansion or something... I remember doing it well, wanting everything to be just so)
Yep, I am loosing what sanity I have left My dress comes tomorrow and it will either motivate me right away or crush me. I am thinking it will crush me for a bit since I am so hormonal *snicker* I still have to order my shoes. They will be the red and black ones.

I still have not received the news I am waiting on. Even if its not so great news, I don't care. I can only take so much waiting during deployments, all my "waiting energy" is being tapped.

Today turned out to be a somewhat lazy day. I don't know why either. I hope everyone else had good, productive days.

#326 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 09:54 PM

Positive energy needed! We have a big educational meeting at ds's school on Thursday morning.
I am going to ask for a LOT more than what he's getting now.

#327 of 569 Old 03-18-2009, 10:22 PM
gun

DoK - good luck tomorrow! Do they have a good history of working with you on this stuff? Do you have the support of all his IEP people? And the pig pics are so sweet.

BellaLuna - those are some smoking hot fetish shoes!! Dang!

Bella babe - you don't hear Gillian that often in my neck of the woods at all. Still pretty unusual here.

Piggie - welcome to the group!! And be prepared when someone mentions reading a few 'camp threads'. It will take you MONTHS to get through! I promise you this! It is great reading though.

Cari - I am glad you are feeling relief about this. I hope something catches your eye this evening! And happy Birth Day to you as well!

Last night we set out cheese and green milk for the leprechauns and this morning there was a card on the porch in its place with a dollar coin inside for Z. Something during the night had snatched the cheese away and I think maybe it was the leprechauns!

I just found out that my GF just put in an offer for a house just around the corner from me and I am so excited about this!! Z adores her and her girls!

Peace- Heather
#328 of 569 Old 03-19-2009, 12:16 AM

Bella Luna- Rawr. Those shoes would make MY heart race. good looking!

Cari- That's good news that you will be in good shape to borrow a mortgage when you are ready, and good luck finding the right place for the meantime!

Gun- Green milk does not sound fun to mess with to this pregnant mama...

DoK- Fingers crossed and kissing the sky...

And I lurve the name Gillian. Has to be spelled with a G, and I love the nickname Gilli, or Gilli bean. ;-) Last pregnancy we loved the name Bodhi, and couldn't think of ONE girl name we agreed on. We shelved the girl name convo until after the sono, and found out it was a boy! Now it's the opposite and I wonder if my girl vibes are for a reason...

Ugh. Jason is out of town for a CE class (green water reservation/irrigation!) and I miss him. Not just for the awesome help he is with the kids, because there is that, but I am just not used to being just ME as the grown up in the house. It's weird and creepy. I am sure if I was still single I would be used to it, but I am not right now. His side of the sink needs his toothbrush and glasses on it. ;-)

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#329 of 569 Old 03-19-2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
OT

So I know there is a little one in this group that is named Gillian ;-) but does anyone think that that name is over used? DH and I are drawn to Gillian Ivy for a girl name (And I am having STRONG girl vibes, but we shall see.) My brother was grossed out and said it wasn't unique enough for us (I said pfft. Good thing you don't get to name my kid, then,bro) but then I heard a man calling his daughter Gillian today at gym.

However, he was calling both his kids, Ethan and Gillian, and Ethan is my new little nephew's name so I think it was a sign.

I didn't multi quote so I need to go start a new post to address everyone...
not common at all here, and i lurve it

Quote:
Yep, I am loosing what sanity I have left My dress comes tomorrow and it will either motivate me right away or crush me. I am thinking it will crush me for a bit since I am so hormonal *snicker* I still have to order my shoes. They will be the red and black ones.

I still have not received the news I am waiting on. Even if its not so great news, I don't care. I can only take so much waiting during deployments, all my "waiting energy" is being tapped.

Today turned out to be a somewhat lazy day. I don't know why either. I hope everyone else had good, productive days.
my bff has those shoes! Totally awesome. They look even better on i have to say.

Just popping through. Poppy took her first steps on tues! she is 10months on the 26th And she has started to wave and say hey. Super busy here and havent been home much, but i have been meeting some really incredible people through pure luck that are really helping me along my spiritual path. I may be starting training with a healer, so we shall see how that pans out. Oh and i was gifted out of the blue a huge crystal singing bowl!

Much love to everyone, keep safe.
#330 of 569 Old 03-19-2009, 09:15 AM

Batty- thw bowl sounds beautiful! What a great gift!

Cari- how did I miss that it is your birthday? Happy Birthday sweets!!!! :
*hugs*
Dd was looking through a vacation brochure and it was for Australia and I told her i know someone who lives there. She went upstairs and came down with her map and wanted to know how far it would be.

pic of us at disney http://www.flickr.com/photos/christo...7615496246591/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page