March Pagan Mamas Circle - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-20-2009, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Snow! We had snow this morning!

Hugs DoK... I'm sor sorry they wont work with you on this. You are well past due for a break.

Hang in the Bella, I hope your family figures out what is really going on and changes their response.

Yay Fiesta! What great news!

Everyone- thanks for the housing support... DH and I were up till midnight, then up again at 5. I'm not much use (since I'm keeping the girls going and all that) but I can help DH stay awake and on task (he has ADHD and needs help with this sometimes, like, oh, when he's stressed ). We have a code book and it looks like there are probably 3-4 code violations there's just nothing we can do anything about until an addition is in place/we have the permits (oh heck, how are we going to get permits?) but there are a dozen smaller things we can (and are) addressing.

I suppose the up side is we're getting more done on the house than we have in the past few months!

And thanks for the baby ideas... and please, feel free to PM me with things if you don't want them on thread. Right now it's on a bit of a back burner due to the house but I find that sometimes if I just grab all the iformation/ideas/opinions/suggestions/fears/hopes/needs/etc and shove them into a pile in the back of my head and ignore them for a bit a solution squishes out the bottom. Lurvely image, no? Brain compost!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009, 02:14 PM

oh, cari, it's so good to hear good things about jon. love the bit about the rain... such a movie moment!

clay, ohmygracious. i dont even know where to start. tracy said over in the TM thread that it's common right before TM for things to really *seem* as though they're messed up... it's really twining with me, with the TT convo about A's really bad day, lol... all my threads are intermingling! anyhow... i'm thinking it'll be like that.... again, i've not had enough coffee yet, but... hugs, and PM me if you want to share epic tales. hugs you.

bella, hugs for her and you. maybe add a tiny bit on your TM about her being happy and safe. & huzzah dress!

beth~ yay for vindication! hugs you. miss ya!

ok, there were like 14 billion other things i know i wanted to reply to, but i've squandered my online time (on my wine soaked computer, i totally forgot to say that was partly why i've not been on! ds spilled a glass of wine on my computer... (esp lol for those who remember him dunking my diva cup in wine!) ... anyhow, i dared to turn it on this morning and it WORKS! huzzah!) re-reading tracy's last new moon article and the full moon articles from the mooncircles site trying to figure out a better way of understanding and resolving my... issue. looks like it's that time for stuff to be dredged up so we can better figure how to build better foundations for the future... which is so right for pre-TM time. i did some good meditations on my own problem this morning, and i'm feeling much stronger and better able to cope (made myself a little bracelet for the day as well :-) ... of course, a certain PM dumping that happened last night to a special someone helped endlessly as well (kisses to her!) ...hugs to those feeling it more than usual this year! we will get thru it! we will. much hugs and chocolate and legolas to you all....

and now, it's SPRING! (ok, ok, or "mid-spring"... or whatever...) it's a beautiful grey and cloudy and cool day, and we're going to the street fair all done up in crunchy hippie garb.
kisses, all! do a happy dance!!!

::::::::
Old 03-20-2009, 02:26 PM

Happy Spring! Here comes the sun!!
Have a good day everyone, I'm going to be painting the house again today, and the rest of the weekend.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:23 PM

I'm trying to figure out if we use blown eggs to dye or just boil them. I don't like the idea of boiling them because they end up going to waste. Maybe I'll just boil 3 eggs for ds. LOL. I don't think he'd be able to handle a hollow egg (it would end up crushed in about 5 seconds).

We've decorated wooden eggs but it's not quite the same.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 03-20-2009, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

i'll come back and catch up in a bit, but i wanted to post this link-- wombat, i was thinking specifically of you
http://www.pantherprimitives.com/

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 03-20-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
--Well my story. I am visiting my folks in Georgia. It is spring. (Heck it's Alaska Summer - not spring).
LOL I Used to love alaska summer Where at in GA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
I want to throttle them too. I called my Mom and proceeded to give her a piece of my mind last night

My Mom might be coming over today. Should be fun.
Good on ya hun... she needed to hear it. She wants to be glad YOU are her daughter not me lol, because she'd hear about allowing someone to abuse her daugther in her own house *every.single.time* I saw her. :

The grandparents came yesterday with cake (spider man cake, huge hit) and presents, and cousins! The kids all had lots of fun, the grown ups had a beer (or a midori in my case as I hate beer) and then drank coffee and chatted while they trashed the play room lol. Daim also made some fresh pesto as our basil was enourmous and needed a hair cut big time lol, and some bakers chips (basically french bread sliced into thin rounds, spritz'd with olive oil and baked till they're like melba toast... so I probably could've just said melba toast couldn't I? lol) and it was YUM. AND we ate the first ripe black russian tomato from the garden... O.M.G :

Then when all the kids went to bed, hubby and I... played WoW hehehe. And had an absolute blast Was an excellent evening.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 03-21-2009, 10:48 AM

We have to go to a birthday party for a rough and tumble boy today. I have to be honest and say I'm not looking forward to it. I want a nice, mellow day.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
We have to go to a birthday party for a rough and tumble boy today. I have to be honest and say I'm not looking forward to it. I want a nice, mellow day.
i so kwym!!
what time is the party? how long does it last? maybe you and ds can have a discussion about it being a blip in your day-- kind of like a commercial ("and now back to our regular programming")

yesterday afternoon, the Ostara bunny came and left ds a basket with a bubble shooter (doesn't work very well, so he took it apart and used the parts ), a stuffed duck baby in a fabric egg that zips shut with the baby inside but his feets sticking out, and lots of jelly beans, hershey kisses, and peeps, and a chocolate rabbit.
and i gave him a harry potter gameboy game.
we had for dinner ham, mashed potatoes, and a stir-fry of asparagus with summer squash, basil, and garlic. at the dining room table. with fancy wine glasses.

today we're having a friend over at 1:30 for an egg hunt (i filled FIFTY plastic eggs!) and a feast, with angel hair nests and meatballs (maybe the meatballs, i'm not in a meat mood), alfalfa sprout nest salad with almonds for eggs, and for dessert, Fiber One cookie recipe made into nests with jelly beans for eggs. i'm having an eggy breakfast now

we'll go out and call the quarters and bless the land soon, and plant seeds and bury our wishing eggs (thanks for that idea, whoever it was!), if i can drag ds away from the harry potter game! maybe that was a bad idea after all...sigh.

happy spring, all!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 03-21-2009, 11:18 AM

Happy Spring all! Dh and I aren't getting along right now and I am trying to not let the girls know.

The spring faerie left goodies in small green buckets (we still do the easter bunny since i converted after we introduced the bunny) with gummy fried eggs and a small wooden decorated egg. It was a big hit!

I think I will take the kids to maple weekend and let dh stew for a bit.

DOK- I'll admit, I hate kids parties and I am a kid person. I hope it goes well!

Maia- sounds like you had a wonderful dinner! Your party sounds fun!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 03-21-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

today we're having a friend over at 1:30 for an egg hunt (i filled FIFTY plastic eggs!) and a feast, with angel hair nests and meatballs (maybe the meatballs, i'm not in a meat mood), alfalfa sprout nest salad with almonds for eggs, and for dessert, Fiber One cookie recipe made into nests with jelly beans for eggs. i'm having an eggy breakfast now
Very yummy sounding menu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
Happy Spring all! Dh and I aren't getting along right now and I am trying to not let the girls know.
*hugs* I do feel your pain there... DH and I had a few nasty blue's this past week .. I however failed miserably by shouting like a mad woman at him In my defence though, he really really deserved it.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 03-21-2009, 11:35 AM

Cari- *laughs* well, I think dh deserves this too but will have to wait until bedtime. nice long chance for my anger to build up. *oy* He does some silly things that totally blow up in his face. We generally get along well but today, not so much. *ugh*

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 03-21-2009, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

it is not the one you find if you Google.

take two regular sized Hershey bars, and melt them in a nonstick pan on low-ish heat.
mix in 1/2 cup raisins and 1 cup Fiber One cereal.

Now here is where i modify it-- normally you are supposed to drop 12 blobs on a wax paper and put in the fridge.
I line muffin tins with 12 Ostara themed paper liners, then plop 12 blobs in the paper liners, sort of making a small indentation in the middle. Into this I put two or three jelly beans.
Voila! Nests with eggs. Very festive!

And if you are on Weight Watchers, they are one point each. Yum!

Old 03-21-2009, 12:40 PM

cari, YUM! sounds like fun.
dok, hugs. i hear that! hope i goes well.
brendon, hugs! and i *love* the spring faerie idea.
maia, wowza! sounds awesome!

we had a simple supper last night in the garden, followed by banana pudding and lighting the candle wheel i made at imbolc (Q for anyone who makes/uses these... what do you do about replacing past holiday's candles as you go along?? i'm going to need a new center candle and a new imbolc candle before summer solstice!)... we talked about our wishes for the coming year (um, new house!), and told stories. it was soooo nice. :

today we're going to a party at the house of someone who used to post here but is now a slacker (just in case she pops on and tries to catch up, lol)... i'm really looking forward to meeting her tree.... (sigh, that's a total inside joke in case anyone remembers that conversation. i'm i a really weird mood today....)

oh, and i've decided between now and TM time, i'm doing affirmations that my TM goes well. yeah. dork.

hugs and chocolate bunnies to all!
:
Old 03-21-2009, 12:49 PM

Happy Spring! :::

The last few days have been a whirlwind, but I'm reading along when I can. I hope to get a chance to catch up soon.

Hugs and super Springy blessings!

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
Old 03-21-2009, 02:36 PM

We had a quick Ostara celebration yesterday morning. I filled plastic eggs with tiny bunnies I'd needlefelted, and small wood animals I made. ( Love my scroll saw!) and a bit of loose change. Then we dyed Ostara eggs.

After that it was time to go back to house painting. We're about 3/4 done and have gone through 35 gallons of paint!- oh, and we are rolling it all by hand. Ridiculous I know, but we're also using 9 different colors and a sprayer wouldn't be worth it.

I forgot to take pictures for my collage, dang it. I really wanted nature pictures from each of the solstices and equinoxes. I'll still try to get some pics today though. It's lightly raining with a chance of thunderstorms.

I'm really looking forward to TM time next week.
Have a good Saturday :
Old 03-21-2009, 04:16 PM
gun

Hi everybody! Happy Spring!

Yesterday I made a bunch of chocolates and they turned out so cute. (And I didn't eat them all!) We dyed our eggs with tumeric and Z put more marker on her hands than on her wishing egg, but she had fun, especially the part where she was tamping them into the ground! We did it even though we were having some darn snow flurries. http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...101_1974-1.jpg

I made a orange pop poke cake for our party/ egg hunt with friends. I figured the kids would prefer the pop cake to a custard pie. Heck, it looks SPRINGY anyhow.

Maia - do you have to grease the paper liners at all?

Peace- Heather
Old 03-21-2009, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

mamas, my day is so not going as planned

my friend is an HOUR late, and i had told her i preferred to start at like 11am, but she has martial arts class till 1, which really put me off to begin with, and she didn't let me know till yesterday that they were coming at all.

and now ds is being an utter pill about that damn gameboy game. he's been playing it since 9am and it's now way after 2pm. and he refuses to give it up when they get here-- he's been pitching a fit and crying and tantruming and running away whenever i mention it, and being really evil.

i put off the feast, which was supposed to be lunch, till they got here, and they're not here, and i'm hungry and pissed off.
not to mention that i had already told her we'd have to wrap it up by 4ish so that ds and i could have some alone time before the guy who's babysitting him gets here at 6 so i can go to ritual at 7.

i am so, so annoyed and bummed out

what is an orange pop cake?

i don't know about greasing the liners. i thought about that as i made them this year. i did not grease them. i can't remember. i don't think so. i will go eat one now and let you know

Old 03-21-2009, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

no, you do not need to grease them.

here comes my friend and what am i going to do to not go off on her? :
urgh.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:13 PM

Bad day Mamas.

My phone conversations with DH have been horrible today. The last one I acutally let him hear me cry and I doubt he is going to wait in line to try and talk to me for a third (fourth?) time. The first few ones we only talked for about 10 minutes.

I just want my husband back and to act like I matter too. Is is too much to ask to feel like what I say counts? To not be discounted. To be included in his thinking process and not after he's thought about it only coming to me for a yay or nay?

I so want him to call me back. I just don't think it will happen for days again.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
Old 03-21-2009, 08:20 PM

Maia-*hugs*

Bella- *hugs* something is wonky with the men right now. Your opinion does matter!

Old 03-21-2009, 08:41 PM

Man what is UP with the universe the past 24 hours? Sleeping nursling on me so I can't respond to everyone, but hugs, light, energy and love to all.

Now send some back to me!

Bodhi ( will be 2 on April 1st) broke his foot yesterday. :-( A freaking birdbath fell on him (well, he pulled the bowl onto him, trying to get acorns) and landed on his foot. He is in a splint right now and will get a cast on in a couple days.

I am beat, emotionally drained, and nauseas, and now I get to keep a VERY active, on the go toddler off his feet. Joy.

Hows that for positive thinking?

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

Old 03-21-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Maia-*hugs*

Bella- *hugs* something is wonky with the men right now. Your opinion does matter!
I sent him an email, well 2 because my Nikon makes picture files HUGE. I digress. I have a feeling the email will just piss him off as well. During the conversation I told him I felt like he was dropping these bombs on me and he goes "No I am not. Dropping a bomb would be me telling you we are moving." Um, I said "I felt" what's the point of "I" statements if you are told they are wrong, yk? Its like that with practically everything we talk about now.

I was about to leave the house and go pick up Twilight and hit the liquor store for fun. Its been awhile since I've had any alcoholic beverage and it would have been nice to do. I didn't though, not really enough money. My friend gave me the iTunes digital download codes to her copy. I might be able to watch it tonight.

I'm going to read the Ostara story from Aisha's Moonlit Walk. I figure that's something to do to celebrate, right?

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
Old 03-21-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Babe View Post

Bodhi ( will be 2 on April 1st) broke his foot yesterday.
Oh my goodness, that must have been so painful. Hope he heals quickly.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter

aww, poor bodhi! which parts/bones did he break, do you know? such tiny bird bones they are small on adults! how is everyone handling it?
for you too, mama.

my friend and i have never had it out in any way, so i kind of felt bad when she got here; she was sorry but clueless on how that might affect other people. she's not habitual about it. late, yes, but not like this, and she doesn't have a cell phone to call me with. but still.
i did say that she knew i had plans and i was hoping to hang out more and get the ball rolling with the egg hunt and food and all, and that i'd postponed lunch and was hungry and irritable and ds wasn't helping any.
i think i drove home the point that it is rude, when you make plans with people, to do anything but show up on time. i hope.

anyway. the ritual tonight was nice! very fun and frolicky. we got to make paper airplanes (wrote something we'd like to release on them, all threw them at once, and whoever's you got you have to take it home and pray for their wish for 3 days, all anonymously), we ate chocolate eggs, we had cookies and soy milk for cakes and ale, we wrote wishes on papers and put them under lit candles, we had Lakshmi (sp?) on the altar. we honored air. it was all good fun!

Old 03-22-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Babe View Post
Bodhi ( will be 2 on April 1st) broke his foot yesterday. :-( A freaking birdbath fell on him (well, he pulled the bowl onto him, trying to get acorns) and landed on his foot. He is in a splint right now and will get a cast on in a couple days.
Oh no how awful! Poor guy must be miserable (as I'm sure mom is lol) Time for lots of story reading and maybe a video or two I guess? Not many options for keeping a 2yo still are there!... well aside from duct tape LOL!

I haven't read back through the last page or so, hope everyone has had a lovely holiday (whichever you are celebrating . We had a nice day on the equinox here... it RAINED massively..and we were on the road at the time. Daim actually had to pull over for a bit it was so heavy, couldn't see anything hardly! But afterwards it was cool and breezy and a perfect autumn day :

We are going to visit the gparents, and if Quinn crashes on the way I may get hubby to stop at the craft shop so the bigger two & I can get our felt & autumn decorating supplies

Old 03-22-2009, 01:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
aha! finally found the thread. i knew if i looked up where d.ok. was posting i could find it.

now back to lurking and reading.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
Old 03-22-2009, 02:58 AM

BellaBabe- oh, poor kiddo! Sending lots of calming, healing and resting vibes to you and your ds!

If anyone has some energy to spare I could use it! Things have not improved between dh and i.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Post
aha! finally found the thread. i knew if i looked up where d.ok. was posting i could find it.

now back to lurking and reading.
: welcome!

Quote:
If anyone has some energy to spare I could use it! Things have not improved between dh and i.
: That sucks hun! DH & I are finally making a bit of peace thank goodness, mostly due to a lot of kissing up on his part lol. Hope the air clears soon.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
thanks carrie.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
Old 03-22-2009, 02:14 PM

Thanks everyone. He broke the 2nd metatarsal. it's not bad, nothing shattered, just a little break. But still, that little break is causing a lot of havoc! I have a feeling that we are going to have to work on patience again after the cast is off. ;-) He does fine, but he gets frustrated that he can't get up and do stuff. He figured out that I will let him crawl around so he likes that. Last night was rough. He was screaming and crying that it hurt, it only bothers him really at night when he lies still. So dh was up with him putting ice on it, and walking around the block at 11.30... good, good dh.

Brendon, I am so sorry you and your dh are having a rough time, you guys are in my thoughts. Is this an ongoing thing or rare occasion?

And now Bodhi wants to get on Starfall, so i must go....

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

User Tag List