March Pagan Mamas Circle - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 569 Old 03-24-2009, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bellaLR~ yep, usually happens right before TM time... hang in there!

bellaB~yay tapping! if you have any Q, lemme know. i've done just about eveything imaginable with it, lol....

brendon~yay feeling better about you!

clay~ you already know my take on causality and weght gain re: baby size. huge hugs that there arent more options, i feel you on that one, but i also trust your babe to lead you well, momma. hoping TM brings much joy in this and the crazy house and tax area!!!

so, new moon articles are not up yet, so i'll pop back on either later today or late tomorrow and grab those... i'm working hard on staying cenetered in prep for the family invasion, lol... sending calming centering and chocolatey vibes to all!!
:
#422 of 569 Old 03-24-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
I did a bit of cleansing today and centering and feel so much better about me.
This is what I need to do today. My energy has felt so off lately. It sounds like I'm not alone. I keep setting intentions to shift things (energy & attitude), and it's like those dreams where you're moving in sloooow motion. I feel stuck. So frusterating! : It stressing me out about my TM prep (which is NOT happening), but I wonder how much of this is actually due to the end of the year astro thing as others have said.

Anyway... that is all I'm going to vent today, and it's now time to focus my thinking on what I want. I think I'll start the day with a little gratitude journaling. It's been way too long since I've done that.

Clay- Yay, for extra time to prepare for the inspection. Boo, for them not telling you in advance and making a poor preggo mama loose sleep. Congrats on resolving the birth plan decisions. BTW, I totally agree about your weight gain not correlating with the babe's size. Geesh! You've only gained 5 lbs. : Sounds like she's handing out some questionable (and potentially dangerous) advice. Luckily you know better, but I feel concerned for a lesser informed mother.

Hugs and peaceful transitioning vibes to us all. Hopefully this new moon will be just what we need.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#423 of 569 Old 03-24-2009, 12:25 PM

Been busy today (getting ready for the free shipping weekend). Also quite sleepy after ds decided it was a good idea to get up at 5 am today. My brain feels fuzzy. Even after 2 cups of tea.

It's hard to get into the spirit of Spring when it's freezing out there.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#424 of 569 Old 03-24-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Updates:

House- So, no inspection Sat. We got a last minute call saying they'd be by first thing Monday morning. So we continued to work like maniacs the whole weekend long. I've had maybe 8 hours of sleep total since Thursday... working till 3-4am, then up with the girls at 6-7am. Then they didn't show this morning. DH called and got a firm inspection date/time for the first week of April. We're in contact with the bank, the code office, and a lawyer so we'll see what we see!

Birth- I think the choice was made for me a little. I had a midwife appoinment today and it went really oddly. I'm 19 weeks and I've gained 5 pounds. And she was worried about that, saying it was too much and with my history of big babies I needed to make sure I didn't gain much at all. Which is totally off (I'm 5'5/135lbs normally, with dd1 I gained 50+ lbs and had a 9lb babe. With dd2 I gained 30 lbs and had a 9lb babe. I'm pretty sure my weight gain is not the main factor in my babe's size!).

And there were a few other things that if an OB said them would have been total red flags. I can't switch to another homebirth provider so I'm thinking I'll commit to having the best hospital vbac I can (yay treasure map!) and work from that reality. DH is ready to fight if necessary, I'll be using the same amazing doula I had for my last hospital vabc, I know a nurse who may special me, and I'm just going to make this the best situation I can. And not second guessing myself is going to be part of it.

I already feel better.

random- got a letter from the state today saying they'd discovered an error in our taxes and we owe them money. And this is from our 2005 taxes!!!!!! The forms they sent are dozens of pages of tiny type so I don't know what is up other than that the unierse is really yucking it up!

All- I'm so sorry about the fights, broken bones, illness, and difficulties hitting us all. Big hugs to those in need! And I'm so thrilled about happy rehab, gorgeous outfits, craft scores, and happy holidays. Be bonny all!
hoping it goes well for your house thing. and the taxes thing.

as far as gaining 5 lbs by 19 weeks..... i am 10.5 weeks and have gained 5 lbs. it is not my first baby and i was under the inpression that your subsequent pregs you gain faster etc. i was a 6 lb baby and have given birth to a 7lb12oz and a 8lb12oz baby.

i feel better. i am mostly over the MS except some nausea here and there. no puking lately though. yay me! today is my first OB appt and we are going to see if we can hear the heartbeat. i love that part. we tore out all the carpet and put in a laminate floor. so nice. actually DH did all the work b/c he didnt want me to strain myself. i could have helped with something but oh well. we needed to fix a leak before it turned into mold. we had to rip up half of the floor so we just tore it all out and replaced it. it is so nice. we live in a trailer so the carpet that was here when we bought it was nasty anyway.

got to go get in the shower so i can go to my appt. hugs to all, esp those not feeling well or dealing with stuff.. : this is me hugging you!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#425 of 569 Old 03-24-2009, 05:09 PM

I'm :

The pain is going away... but I need to rest and rest and rest again. I stopped at the grocery after our chiro appointment and the pain sneaked back in after walking around to get the food we needed.

Hope to be strong and energic by Friday - we have a visit to the Book Fair planed for weeks... don't want to miss it!

Valérie   
#426 of 569 Old 03-24-2009, 05:56 PM

This morning/part of this afternoon was freakishly emotional. DH called again and we fought. I cried a lot and told him I was afraid that he was going to leave me, etc. He says he is not and that he doesn't blame me for my trust issues considering what happened on the last deployment. I asked him during our final phone call if we were going to be alright and he said "yeah."

I don't know what's going on with me/us and being so insecure all of a sudden with how our marriage is. Yeah, I thought things were shaky at times (hard not to when he's deployed) but, this is kinda nuts. Maybe its because we are coming up on 4 years together and that's around when he got divorced last time??

I obviously have a lot of work to do for TMing this year. Trying not to think about it too much. I just hope I can find a big enough poster board Oh! Can I reuse pieces of my old board? I think the parents/baby/family section is really nice and I want to use it and ad to it. Think that's okay?

I hope everyone else is having a good day and not as much emotional upheaval as me.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#427 of 569 Old 03-24-2009, 08:05 PM

aries new moon stuff is up on moon circles.... here.

hugs and happy vibes!
:
#428 of 569 Old 03-24-2009, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Babe View Post
Maia- We have been putsing around the garden (at my moms house) for a couple months, but this weekend (my mama's 50th bday! and the way I am celebrating Spring's arrival this year) we are having our big, clearing out beds, getting tons in the ground planting. What are you planning on planting?
i have no idea. i'm a piss poor gardener, but i'm going to try. tomatoes, for sure. some kinds of squashes, maybe. and peas of some sort. i have field pea seeds. and i think i'll toss some chickweed and nettle seeds randomly in and see what happens

now to catch up with the rest of the thread!

wombat-- do you have to pay those 2005 taxes? that's nuts. like they couldn't catch it 4 years ago?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#429 of 569 Old 03-24-2009, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

hey wombat i have a question for ya-- PM me, k?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#430 of 569 Old 03-24-2009, 10:57 PM

Goodnight everyone. May Wednesday bring us all happiness.

#431 of 569 Old 03-24-2009, 11:23 PM

Just wanted to come back after my vent to say that I was able to turn the funky energy around for awhile. It felt really good. DP's home and giving the kiddos a bath

Aweynsayl- I'm really interested in reading those article. Thanks for posting

Maia & Bella Babe- I going to do my first planting this Thurs on the new moon :
broccoli, kale, swiss chard, and peas to start.

Bella Luna- *hugs*

Ooops...gotta run to help dry off kids.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#432 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 09:10 AM

Morning. We have indoor play and cleaning today. Bella has been working on math, so I imagine we will do that as well. No big deal if we don't.

Got some surprising news yesterday- dh's good friends are seperating/ed. they were together for 15yrs...wow.

The wind is scarey today, not looking forward to leaving the house.

Have a good day everyone!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#433 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 10:51 AM

happy treasure mapping eve!

tracy's article isnt up yet, so i'll be back on after my day of family fun!

hugs and happy hump day vibes to all!
:

eta: fr, yay! hope you enjoyed them!
#434 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post

The wind is scarey today, not looking forward to leaving the house.
We had that wind yesterday. It's bone chilling. :

#435 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 12:59 PM

Morning.

Busy day today, I seem to have them a lot lately.

My baby sister said she might come over to look at some of my books. This of course is determined by how bad her morning sickness is. Eh, maybe my other sister will drive with her and bring my nephew? That would rock

Now to figure out breakfast on this rainy day.

#436 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 02:00 PM

Cooler weather today for us as well. Granted, by "cooler" it's in the 50s right now with a high of 64. But gray and windy and chances of storms by tonight. I do love rain, and normally prefer cooler weather, but this pregnancy has turned me into a wuss to the highest degree. First pregnancy that I WANT hot weather. Weird.

Bodhi is rockin the cast. He is running in it a bit every now and then and looks like Forrest Gump. ;-)

My older two have been having a lot more sibling crap, I don't know if it's just the ages, or because of the pregnancy or what but I have been wanting to tear my hair out. I remember it being just like this with my bro and I, and I know my mom and her bro were like it too. Sigh.

Crap. I need to go, got to get the kids to my ex's.

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#437 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 02:17 PM

Maia & Bella Babe & anyone else gardening- Good luck! I'm hoping to get some things planted too. My faves are carrots, chives, and other herbs. Peas and grape tomatoes. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Composting is really easy to do too. I keep a lidded container under the kitchen sink for scraps, and take it out every day or two. (not during freezing weather though) To start, I dug a 2'x2' hole in the garden and would dump my scraps, and mix with dirt. I found it easier to start my compost that way since I didn't have a lot of materials to compost to start with.
If you like worms you can vermicompost http://lancaster.unl.edu/pest/resour...mpost107.shtml
I try to like worms, but they scare me!

I've got a full agenda today getting ready to TM tomorrow. Our new house got cabinets yesterday- it's starting to feel like a home

Gonna go read MoonCircles
#438 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
Maia & Bella Babe & anyone else gardening- Good luck! I'm hoping to get some things planted too. My faves are carrots, chives, and other herbs.

worms? for real? i'm sorry, but worms are so.....well, benign.

chives-- they are absolutely prolific everywhere here but my yard. : so i'm going to have to actually grow them. on purpose. grrrr.

#439 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 06:21 PM

Soup. Beautiful soup. I'm going to have to learn to use my slow cooker and start making some soup. Mmmmm.
If you have a vegetarian recipe you love, pm it to me! (can't do celery, we are allergic).

I find making soup is like making a potion. Just seems so... well.... witchy to me.

#440 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
My sister is deathly terrified of bees. She will run away screaming. Its always fun to making buzzing noises by her during the summer. One of her good friends is so terrified of spiders that she JUMPED onto our stove and counter top when she saw one

I got a lot of copying done today, too bad I am now out of ink. Payday needs to hurry up and get here.

I guess I should get back to my school work.

#441 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 06:50 PM

Ahhhh soup!

For a vegeterian soup I just cut onions, brown in oil, add any veggie on hand (this winter it has been a carrot, broccoli, cauliflower freezed mix), pour water (about 6 to 8 cups for 1-2 cups of veggies), add herbs and spices (love a thyme, rosemary, basilic mix with a dash of cayenne pepper for an italian taste or you can go with cumin, cari and coriander for an indian inspiration), add my secret ingredient (a tbsp of salted herbs and veggies I prepare in the summer for every 4 cups of water) and bring to a boil. (I add a can of tomatoes sometimes) When it boils, I add up to 1 cup of lentils (rinsed). I let simmer until the lentils are cooked.

If I was to make it in the crockpot, I think I would wait until the veggies are done before adding cooked or canned lentils and heat up.

Valérie   
#442 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Soup. Beautiful soup. I'm going to have to learn to use my slow cooker and start making some soup. Mmmmm.
If you have a vegetarian recipe you love, pm it to me! (can't do celery, we are allergic).

I find making soup is like making a potion. Just seems so... well.... witchy to me.
oh, YUM, soup!
and i so, so love my crockpot. it's my friend
DOK, it's so easy to make soup in the crock pot. dump and turn on. wait. although it does sometimes taste better if you saute some of the veggies, first, like onions. but it's not necessary.
i will get you the bean and kale recipe if you like, and a yummy vegetarian chili recipe. that one calls for celery, and lots, but it's a weight watcher recipe and i'm sure it's just for bulk. i bet you can add whatever you like in exchange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
My sister is deathly terrified of bees. She will run away screaming.
well, bees hurt. worms don't

#443 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 08:04 PM

Heyla all... I had a super busy day and just got home (left at 9am).

The fun news? I had the u/s and my babe's a boy! My pendulum and dreams, my friends' dreams, my Aunt-in-law's premonition... everyone was right. Baby boy is on his way earthside. Now, if only I knew what to do with a baby boy. This poor kiddo may spend more than a little time in floral beribboned ruffle hand-me-downs! I can't believe this is really happening.

Thanks for all the hugs and support... it means a lot to me! I'm so looking forward to TM tomorrow and perhaps some TM beading. Just something to take my mind to a different place and relax for a bit. I know that I can shift this energy and reframe the way I respond, and you all are helping a lot with your support. So much thanks again!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#444 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 08:10 PM

Clay- How exciting that you're having a boy! A sweet baby boy is just so wonderful...Wait til you get to snuggle him.

#445 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
The fun news? I had the u/s and my babe's a boy! My pendulum and dreams, my friends' dreams, my Aunt-in-law's premonition... everyone was right. Baby boy is on his way earthside. Now, if only I knew what to do with a baby boy. This poor kiddo may spend more than a little time in floral beribboned ruffle hand-me-downs! I can't believe this is really happening.
Congrats! boys CAN wear pink

I'm about to head outside with the boys, autumn seems to have really arrived here : It's wonderfully cool & breezy out. I emailed several real estate agents last night, so we'll see if I get any calls back today. We have roughly two weeks till we need to take posession of a new place (to give us a few days to finish the cleaning etc here with it empty. I am waffling on the area we are moving to so looking in 2 places now. I'll be all over the place.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#446 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 08:53 PM

Yay Clay, that is exciting news!

Oh boy, my head is now in a total fog.

My sister goes to hear the heartbeat tomorrow!

#447 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Baby boy is on his way earthside. Now, if only I knew what to do with a baby boy. This poor kiddo may spend more than a little time in floral beribboned ruffle hand-me-downs! I can't believe this is really happening.
YAY!! ::: yay for boys. i love my boy. seriously, a mama and her boy...nothing like it

what to not do with him:

1) circumcise him

2) name him Legolas :

#448 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 09:52 PM

CLay- what great news! Seeing the babe is always exciting! *laughs* My hubby always said he wouldn't know what to do with a boy. I sometimes miss not having a boy but wouldn't change a thing.

Soup? Hmmm, I know my friend made a sweet tater, bean and pepper soup that was amazing! I can see if I can get the recipe. It was hearty like a stew.

I make a rice and veggie soup. No recipe, just add stuff I have on hand and any leftover rice.

Though for me, a good turkey veggie or tater soup is super nummy!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#449 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 09:52 PM
gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

I have this veg slow cooker book and I love it!!

Clay - Yay for a baby boy!

Peace- Heather
#450 of 569 Old 03-25-2009, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

DOK, remind me to send you the Magic Soup recipe! it's a spell to do with kids, while making soup. i have to find it and then type it out for you, all 4 pages or whatever :

i can scan it, if you send me your personal email. i don't know how that would work, though, scanning just text?

anyway. it's pretty cool.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page