March Pagan Mamas Circle - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#541 of 569 Old 03-31-2009, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have new (well, year old) glasses now that are pretty good (a sale at the 1 hour optical place). But before that I had a pair of "regular" glasses and a pair of "computer/reading" glasses. Laia broke the frames on the regular glasses and I actually wore the computer glasses full time for a year or so while we saved money for a replacement (and then I got pregnant and wouldn't buy lenses since pregnancy changes your vision... so I had to wait till Ro was born and my body re-adjusted).

Anyway, the computer glasses were what I called "Edna glasses" (like the far side character?) and while I tried them on for a joke I actually ended up loving them. I tried to find similar frames last year but couldn't really. Old glasses, and the new glasses. Some websites let you load a picture and then they paste the different frames on your face, but I don't know... it just doesn't work for me.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#542 of 569 Old 03-31-2009, 11:01 AM

Clay- thanks. *laughs* gillian, bella and erin wake me with momma, mom or a giggle. then they pile into bed.

got veggie soup in the crockpot, now to make some bread and dinner will be all set.

things were perking up until dd spilled milk on the floor after I asked her to wait.

once wash is done we are leaving the house : off to the audobon

I so wanted to order books this week but I am on a no spend week (except for money I had planned to spend)

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#543 of 569 Old 03-31-2009, 11:23 AM

Clay, I like your new glasses! Great shape for your face.

I went to a place in town and found some frameless glasses I love. The price of the frames alone is $350! I asked the man to write down the info on them but I can't read his handwriting. Argh.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#544 of 569 Old 03-31-2009, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
hmm. i was in bands for years, and nothing except our base equipment cost money. and each of us already had our stuff! oh, maybe the practice room, if we had to rent space. but still. he's in a band that requires money? interesting. we were so dang poor all the time! free beer was a serious bonus! and if we got paid too? heaven!
The band actually doesn't cost much. It is the gear that does. His thousands of dollars worth of guitars and other...stuff. I don't even know what it is. He has actually been getting good at not spending all of our money on music and instruments (he has 4 or 5). But he just gives them away to his almost BIL. We could sell them to have some money, but his BIL who has tons of money just gets them. Even if he still wants them. You want to play a bass? Here, take mine until you get your own.

I have been totally slacking off reading my Penczak book. I was flying through it so figured since I was doing a year and a day to hold off and take it slower, but it's been like a month or two and I haven't touched the book! I haven't been doing my affirmations or meditations, either. I need more time in the day!

Clay, I love your glasses. That's the style I was going to get when I get the $$ to replace mine. LO has broken these one too many times. And you are just gorgeous!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#545 of 569 Old 03-31-2009, 11:33 AM

All this talk of glasses reminds me that I need to make an appointment... seriously need to make an appointment. Will have to check out that website, especially since I need 3 pairs of glasses - driving glasses, computer/knitting glasses and sunglasses.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#546 of 569 Old 03-31-2009, 12:20 PM

Morning.

I have no idea what to do with myself today.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#547 of 569 Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 PM

: Add me to the need to get new glasses club. About 4 month ago my DD came in, threw my glasses at me, said "here Mom", and ran out and hid. My glasses were basically tied in a knot. I've been getting by with my old frames that aren't the right script. It's kind of funny now, but not so much when it happened...

So, yesterday I made wildflower seed bombs with dd's preschool class. Of course I got the inspiration from you gals, so thanks! It was a lot of fun
. :
Maia- congrats! How cool to win

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#548 of 569 Old 03-31-2009, 12:38 PM

I must be a little slow on the uptake because now I'm feeling the changes & challenges of the new moon.
The changes I'm facing are due to me feeling like I've perhaps outgrown a circle of friends, and feeling torn between moving on ( into the unknown) or keeping some safe stable but sporadic contact. What if I need them later? I think it's unlikely, but, still. I've been in this position for the last year to 18 months.
Then, dh and I usually get on fantastically. But, I found out my favorite music group, Fall Out Boy is going to be playing a few hours away the weekend after next. I'd LOVE to go. The timing isn't perfect, but not that bad, same with money. I've tried to talk to dh about it several times, but he won't be drawn into a conversation about it. It makes me feel like 1) he's being really selfish about it- it's not really his music. 50cent is touring with FOB some shows, but not this one. That'd be a different situation. Dh likes 50cent ( dh is an aspiring rap artist). But he's not that into seeing FOB. 2) I struggling with the I'm a sahm-and don't really deserve to go spend money I'm not earning on a non-necessity. This really bugs my feminist self. I am now considering asking my little bro to go with me, lol.

Ok, pity party over. Thanks for letting me vent. And if you've got any advice, I could surely use it.

Clay- love both sets of glasses. You are one hot mama

BellaLR- I hope something wonderful and exciting to do pops up

Good luck with finding glasses for everyone who needs them.
#549 of 569 Old 03-31-2009, 01:39 PM

i need to get my eyes checked too, but i will wait till after i have this baby.

i need your opinion. i went and bought a wedding dress.

http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=100_2381.jpg

http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=100_2380.jpg

i tried on at least 12 dresses. i feel self conscios b/c of the weight from DD and now i added 5-8 lbs from this one.

tell me. does it look good on me? i plan to wear half my hair down and a elbow length 2 layer veil over the back.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#550 of 569 Old 03-31-2009, 03:44 PM

LionessMom- I love it! It's a very flattering and classic cut that still retains lots of personality and style. It gives very good coverage of your full bust area, and the wrap of fabric around your middle is very slimming and flattering. An elbow length veil and part of your hair down sounds beautiful! It shows a good balance of skin and body, and still reads "wedding dress".
When's the wedding date?

The dress is beautiful, and you look gorgeous in it!
#551 of 569 Old 03-31-2009, 04:37 PM
gun

Lionessmom - Great dress!! It is beautiful!

Saphire - I would totally go w/o DH if he was being a poop. Go w/ a friend and have a GREAT time!

Had a great morning. Spent quite a bit of it at McDonald's w/ the play scape. DD has been sleeping for 2 hrs now she just wore herself right out! Now I am waiting for her to wake up because this great health food market is closing but they are having great deals and I want to check them out.

Peace- Heather
#552 of 569 Old 03-31-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I went to a place in town and found some frameless glasses I love. The price of the frames alone is $350! I asked the man to write down the info on them but I can't read his handwriting. Argh.
I totally know the feeling... 350 is pretty standard frames here.. I think the ones I'm wearing now were about 397 I've been looking at the convertibles frames... they have magnetic sunnies (sunglasses sorry that are specifically made for each frame. I desperately need sunglasses but do not want to spend dough on rx ones and then have to swap constantly ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Morning.

I have no idea what to do with myself today.
I am sorta feeling this way too. I think I'm finally coming down from the drama and such of this new moon.. it's been a miserable bitchy ole time here lol. I think I'm going to take the boys to the shop, pay on my layby (special fancy outfit that makes me feel beautimous that I'd have never gotten if my MIL hadn't put the first 50 bucks on it!) and then come home and pack some non essential kitchen junk. Actually.. maybe I should just get rid of it if it's so non essential? lol I know for a fact that I have 12 juice sized glasses that I've used once in the last year... as a rolling pin for scone dough lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
: Add me to the need to get new glasses club. About 4 month ago my DD came in, threw my glasses at me, said "here Mom", and ran out and hid. My glasses were basically tied in a knot. I've been getting by with my old frames that aren't the right script. It's kind of funny now, but not so much when it happened...
LOL I've had that happen! So not amusing at the time is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
The timing isn't perfect, but not that bad, same with money. I've tried to talk to dh about it several times, but he won't be drawn into a conversation about it. It makes me feel like 1) he's being really selfish about it- it's not really his music. 50cent is touring with FOB some shows, but not this one. That'd be a different situation. Dh likes 50cent ( dh is an aspiring rap artist). But he's not that into seeing FOB. 2) I struggling with the I'm a sahm-and don't really deserve to go spend money I'm not earning on a non-necessity. This really bugs my feminist self. I am now considering asking my little bro to go with me, lol.
OH If I lived closer I'd come see FOB with ya As for the bolded part... you are doing a very important job at home, and as such you DESERVE to do something nice for yourself now and again! as a sahm your life revolves around doing for other people constantly and if you're like most of us, YOU get left out. So ask your brother, buy some tickets and go rock on girlie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

Oh wow. You are gonna look gorgeous! I love that dress and it is just beautiful and looks terrific on you

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#553 of 569 Old 03-31-2009, 08:16 PM

Thanks Gals!!!

you made this hormonal, gaining weight, cant stop eating, slightly depressed, mama feel better about herself. i am finally starting to feel better after shoving myself into all those dresses. that dress does make me feel Marilyn Monroe ish.

thanks again!

glasses in knots. never had it happen before, but the image in my head was quite funny. i would have hid too. Lol

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#554 of 569 Old 03-31-2009, 09:51 PM

ohboyohman, i really wanna catch up before april, i do, i do, but i just dontsee it happening..... did i miss anything i should know about??

we had a really nice time with family, but boy am i ready for a vacation!

sending hugs and vibes and happy thoughts to all!
xoxoxoxoxoox
#555 of 569 Old 03-31-2009, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
But he just gives them away to his almost BIL. We could sell them to have some money, but his BIL who has tons of money just gets them. Even if he still wants them. You want to play a bass? Here, take mine until you get your own.
well, that's different. that's not the band costing money; that's him being a dork. for that, i would kill him :

Quote:
This really bugs my feminist self. I am now considering asking my little bro to go with me, lol.

Ok, pity party over. Thanks for letting me vent. And if you've got any advice, I could surely use it.
i say go, and just tell him (don't ask!) that he is on kid duty that evening. you deserve it, mama!

Quote:
that dress does make me feel Marilyn Monroe ish.
and you look it, too! you are so cute, mama!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#556 of 569 Old 03-31-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:

http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=100_2381.jpg

http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=100_2380.jpg

i tried on at least 12 dresses. i feel self conscios b/c of the weight from DD and now i added 5-8 lbs from this one.

tell me. does it look good on me? i plan to wear half my hair down and a elbow length 2 layer veil over the back.
What a beautiful dress and a beautiful bride : I'm very excited for you. How are the wedding plans going?

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#557 of 569 Old 04-01-2009, 12:24 AM

ok, so i got a bit to sort of catch up...

lioness, i swear you look sooo familiar... i wish i could place it.... that's gonna bug me! lurve the dress, momma. you'll be luverly!!

cari-- did you find a good way to word it/represent it on your tm? ita with stuff coming up needing to be on the map-- my map actually wound up being really different because of that. it was kinda cool. actually, it was really cool. i've been sending you yummy chocolatey vibes... hope they made it to oz without melting, lol... (and, can you give an abreviated update on the house quest? <blush> i'm running out of steam here....)

clay, your girls maps are too freaking cute! ds only could come up with wanting bunk beds, but the image he loved had two boys on it, so i refused to use it. <blush> i LOVE your map backing! very attractive. heh, get it? sigh. i so need a break.

oh, gosh... what else?? i lurve breakfast meats in maple syrup. thanks. now i'll be craving that for days.

ohmygracious. that was an exhausting and over-long weekend, ladies!!! out all day wed and fri with family fun days, lol... parties (ds's b'day), being outside in glorious spring but way too windy weather... the garden is growing so fast i can hardly keep up! and, wow, massive TM-induced-life-changing-revelations... all really good stuff (a few weird moments with in laws, and some tension with dh's work, blah, blah, blah...)......... i could do with a week at a resort by my self. i'm feeling really good about my TM and beads, though... or, would be if i were not so freaking drained!

well! happy almost april! can you believe it???
so, who's hosting camp next?
#558 of 569 Old 04-01-2009, 12:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
2) I struggling with the I'm a sahm-and don't really deserve to go spend money I'm not earning on a non-necessity. This really bugs my feminist self.
I totally hear you.

Lionessmom, that is beautiful! Great find!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#559 of 569 Old 04-01-2009, 12:33 AM

dang, you cant quote a quote, and i totally missed this one... but wow. that's in the same flavor as my TM revelation this weekend........ no time now to go into it, but maybe a topic for april! huge hugs to all who have this one....
xoxoxo
#560 of 569 Old 04-01-2009, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
(and, can you give an abreviated update on the house quest? <blush> i'm running out of steam here....)
Still working on that bit of my tm, I'll come up with something before the full moon at the latest. House update! Just got the lease to sign and paid the first 2 wks rent on the house we applied for Now it's full steam ahead packing and organizing utilities etc etc. One week and one day until we get the keys and start moving in.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#561 of 569 Old 04-01-2009, 08:40 AM

Wow Cari- Hope the move goes smoothly!

#562 of 569 Old 04-01-2009, 09:36 AM

Cari- good news! good luck with the packing

Lioness- beautiful dress!

took the girls out for breakfast this morning, which calorie wise- was bad for me, but it was a great pick me up for the crabby girls.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#563 of 569 Old 04-01-2009, 11:26 AM

thanks again everybody for the encouraging words.

everything for the wedding is done except the music to be played during the walk dow and up the aisle, buying table cloths, DH wants can coolies to ahnd out, and may day baskets for the kids who are coming (there are at least 10 of them). i have to pick up DH's suit tomorrow. he looks so good in it and it is his first suit he has ever owned! lol. oh and i need some cute ballet flats. only 30 days left. acckkk!

i have been so busy wiith this i didnt even try to do a map. i have been thinking about it though. i know it is late, but i might try to do a small one. everybody sounds like they had so much fun doing it.

now i am craving sausage links and bacon dipped in maple syrup, no pancakes. lol. seriously love some sausage links in maple syrup. with eggs over easy, hasbrowns, ans wheat toast. so wanna go to IHOP now.

i am going to get my teeth cleaned tomorrow. i have been having some pain in a couple of teeth. some fillings fell out. tomroow they want to look but they dont want to actually do it till i am 16 weeks. but i am getting married 3 days later. i am going to try and talk them into doing it the week before. they are just a couple of ceramic fillings. no mercury or anything. but causing me pain. otherwise i would let them be.

#564 of 569 Old 04-01-2009, 11:43 AM

squee! cari! that's so freaking fast and amazing! my whole map is about a new house for us... yeah. the whole thing. kinda a big focus for me, lol....

ok, here's the april thread! come on over and be silly!
xoxoxooxx
#565 of 569 Old 04-01-2009, 10:14 PM

Have I mentioned that I can't stand April Fool's Day?

I'll be glad when when today is over.

#566 of 569 Old 04-02-2009, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Just got the lease to sign and paid the first 2 wks rent on the house we applied for
yay! do tell all about the house, or post pics!

Quote:
and may day baskets for the kids who are coming (there are at least 10 of them).
i don't know how you feel about candy and stuff, but if i were in your shoes i'd probably seriously raid the after-Easter sales!!

ok, yeah, it's april...see y'all on the other thread!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#567 of 569 Old 04-02-2009, 05:55 PM

Wow, is it ever quiet here!

#568 of 569 Old 04-02-2009, 07:39 PM

pssst-- dok, try the april thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
#569 of 569 Old 04-02-2009, 09:57 PM

It's official, I've lost the plot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page