March Pagan Mamas Circle - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 569 Old 03-02-2009, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
I LOVE Tricare for hospital stays and ambulance rides I had a kidney infection and ended up in the ER. Luckily no ambulance ride but, oh boy. I got a shot of antibiotics in my bum basically and that is not cheap.
what is Tricare? i don't have any insurance at all, and i would like to get something as cheap as possible for emergencies and/or hospital stays (knock wood there aren't going to be any, but still). is this something i should look into?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#62 of 569 Old 03-02-2009, 10:46 PM
gun

Maia - the cheapest for our fam as private payers was blue cross/blue shield and the coverage isn't too bad. And we often have crappy weather for Ostara here in MI. It was always such a drag to have my fancy spring dress as a kid and have to wear pants under it. It's in fashion now, but then I always felt so ripped off!

What a day! The fam was out visiting MIL today so I was able to clean and declutter! Got a fair bit accomplished!

Peace- Heather
#63 of 569 Old 03-02-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
what is Tricare? i don't have any insurance at all, and i would like to get something as cheap as possible for emergencies and/or hospital stays (knock wood there aren't going to be any, but still). is this something i should look into?
Its the health insurance provided by the military. So, if ya want to sign up you have to join the military

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#64 of 569 Old 03-02-2009, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

but gun-- BCBS is like hundreds even for just emergency care. i can't do more than like $30 a month or something. i know i can't find any insurance for that, but one can hope.

pants under dresses-- i know it's in fashion. it's the dumbest dang fashion i have ever seen, i think. stoopider even than pants hanging below the bum. i don't get it. one or the other, but not both!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#65 of 569 Old 03-02-2009, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

dang. i ain't joinin' no military.

do dependents count? i get USAA because my dad was in the air force. he's deceased now, but still. and i just found out my son can get USAA when the time comes : they are such awesome insurance; i have them for both my car and my house.

#66 of 569 Old 03-02-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
dang. i ain't joinin' no military.

do dependents count? i get USAA because my dad was in the air force. he's deceased now, but still. and i just found out my son can get USAA when the time comes : they are such awesome insurance; i have them for both my car and my house.
Nope.

I USAA. I have them for banking, car and renter's insurance. They have such awesome customer service and great rates. Oooh, my rates should hopefully be going down this year since I turn 25! Isn't that the magical insurance discount age?

#67 of 569 Old 03-03-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
actually, brown eggs dye rather nicely. at least i think so. i almost always use brown eggs. that is what i use regularly to eat, and one year i didn't think to get white ones, so i dyed the ones i had. and they came out so deep and pretty! why don't you do a test run to see if you like them?
Ours are *really* brown eggs.. like I didn't realize eggs could BE that brown lol. I should take a pic for ya.... they'd die but the colours would be very muted I guess

Quote:
pants under dresses-- i know it's in fashion. it's the dumbest dang fashion i have ever seen, i think. stoopider even than pants hanging below the bum. i don't get it. one or the other, but not both!
agreed... just wrong lol

Talking to Jon on facebook... technology rocks sometimes

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#68 of 569 Old 03-03-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post

Talking to Jon on facebook... technology rocks sometimes
Very cool.

I'm super groggy right now. Not ready to face the day. It looks bitterly cold out and the snow is sooooo high. brrrrrr. :

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#69 of 569 Old 03-03-2009, 09:16 AM

Morning mamas, today is our first day back to school, and it's cold!!! About 10 outside, but the wind is being very wild this morning, blowing snow all over the place. All my kids got up and begged to move back to Florida. It's so hard to get out of a toasty bed and start moving around.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#70 of 569 Old 03-03-2009, 10:09 AM

After reluctantly joining facebook, I am very happy with it!

Not much to report- it is cold, which makes me want to keep Gilli home and just veg. Maybe we will be crafty today. The girls are making a painting for Great Grandpa's 80th birthday.

We are heading to disney for 5days and I can't wait. I so need some warmth.

Aweyn and Cari- can you send my some pre-vaca sun and warmth? Could you just bottle a bit for me?
Anyone else is warm areas- feel free to share your sun!

With so many new members, I am still getting an idea of what region everyone is from. I feel like I need a map.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#71 of 569 Old 03-03-2009, 11:36 AM

Brendon-that would be a great feature to have a little map of where each sister in the circle is. Unfortunately, I'm one who is a little vague online because I'm paranoid. I always like knowing where others are from, so that's not really fair is it?

I love dressing my daughter in dresses with pants Is she going to hate me one day?

I have a question. For those who dye their eggs with natural stuff, what works best for you? We've tried blueberries, spinach, onion peel, and beets. Spinach only worked so-so for us. Anything else I'm missing?

I haven't joined Face Book yet. I think it's a cool idea and great for reconnecting, but for me I'm concerned about 1.) getting sucked in and obsessed, and 2.) there's someone in my past I don't want contact with. So, I'm not sure yet.

Belle Luna- sorry you're joining the bad back club. I don't know if this will help you, but I've always struggled with back pain from working out. The last few months I've been doing yoga after working out, and I really think the forward bends and such have kept my back loose and in good shape. It's been a big difference for me. Now, I realize you may think I'm full of cr@p considering I've been on here complaining of back pain. But really it was just a freak accident. Hope you feel better.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#72 of 569 Old 03-03-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post

We are heading to disney for 5days and I can't wait. I so need some warmth.
But you haven't accepted my request to play Kidnapped! boo hoo. It's really a fun game.

Yay that you get to go to disney! Ds wants to go more than anything else in this world.

#73 of 569 Old 03-03-2009, 12:19 PM

I can't even begin to respond to everything here so I won't try.

I have so much to do this week, but I still want to declutter more! I want to really have the house cleared of anything unnecessary before treasure mapping time. AND I found out that a irl mama friend of mine is really into LOA and is interested in doing the tm with me!
: Hurray!

exh is having me take the kids to the irish festival this weekend even though it is during his weekend visitation time, since he had told them he would and now has stuff to do. We still have plenty of issues, but I can honestly say that this year has been loads better. He at least is more flexible for them and stuff, even if he still has to be all mean when we talk. Whatever, I can handle that.
Oh and the kids told him last week that it bothers them that he is so unkind about and to their mom. They are getting so big and I am so proud of them for being able to stand up and say what they want. Yay! He actually told them "I will try to be nicer..." cool, for them more than me. I can handle him being an ass, you know? But it's got to be hard for a 6 and 7 year old to process the way he usually treats me and talks to them about me.

I guess this is extra cool to me, because I put our divorce/working relationship on the TM last year and it started coming into fruition about 3 months later. Even though there has been rough stuff as well, it really has been the best year since the divorce (going on 7 years, when I was preg with #2). I even heard that he told his gf that he thought I was planning something because I was being so nice (which is a big fat lmao, since I honestly have always been nice, pretty much. I am a pollyanna a bit and usually act NICER in the face of adversity.) Projection much?

ok, ramble over. I am hoping to get through this week, with at least most of my to do list done, within my financial budget and still have room for breathing!

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#74 of 569 Old 03-03-2009, 02:16 PM

Morning.

The workers showed up at 8:30am to start replacing the siding. They are currently tearing it off. I have a feeling that my plans are shot for the day as it is pretty hard to concentrate. I am going to try and work out, just not sure how well that is going to go when I can barely hear myself think.

#75 of 569 Old 03-03-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:

Aweyn and Cari- can you send my some pre-vaca sun and warmth? Could you just bottle a bit for me?
Anyone else is warm areas- feel free to share your sun!

With so many new members, I am still getting an idea of what region everyone is from. I feel like I need a map.
Hehehe I was the same about facebook too, but love it now I'd gladly send you warmth, but we appear to be fresh outta sun lol.. it's been overcast & rainy here for a few days now. I know there used to be an online 'map' where your groups members could insert their locations... will try to find it

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post

I have a question. For those who dye their eggs with natural stuff, what works best for you? We've tried blueberries, spinach, onion peel, and beets. Spinach only worked so-so for us. Anything else I'm missing?
BEET juice failed to dye something??? I cannot see how, considerign if I look at the stuff my fingers turn purple LMAO! I know most of the sites with info on natural dyes state that they will give a very light pastel version of the colour, so if that's what your're getting you're right on target

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
But you haven't accepted my request to play Kidnapped! boo hoo. It's really a fun game.

Yay that you get to go to disney! Ds wants to go more than anything else in this world.
LOL if you sent it to me I haven't accepted it either... I'm horrible about all those apps and usually end up just ignoring them.. mainly because I so don't need another interwebz time suck! (besides MDC is my only time suck, and it would be jealous lol)

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#76 of 569 Old 03-03-2009, 10:45 PM

I am a few days late but made it. It's been a mad mad March already.

8 inches of snow... flat tire... dead battery (same car) ...family invasion (Dh's sister in from AZ so everyone is crashing here ... and we are finally over the ickies.

So I have another few days before the house is my own again, but it's pretty quiet at the moment... they are all out somewhere. Got new tires for my car and the battery seems to be behaving itself.

No looking forward to losing an hour this weekend, but it means we are that much closer to Spring.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#77 of 569 Old 03-03-2009, 11:01 PM

Ds is sick (fever, wet cough). Already been to urgent care (xrays, etc). Doc said that pneumonia is going around so even though the chest xray was ok now, he only just got sick today so we have to keep an eye (ear?) on things.

#78 of 569 Old 03-03-2009, 11:46 PM

DOK- poor Roo. Will he let you rub some oil with eucalyptus and peppermint on his chest and feet? If Roo will tolerate socks at night, lather his feet. it seems to help with the cough.
*hugs*

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#79 of 569 Old 03-03-2009, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
wait till next year sometime-- Universal Studios is creating Hogwarts and Hogsmeade!!! ::: i so wish i had a couple thousand dollars so we could go back for that!

Quote:
LOL if you sent it to me I haven't accepted it either... I'm horrible about all those apps and usually end up just ignoring them.. mainly because I so don't need another interwebz time suck! (besides MDC is my only time suck, and it would be jealous lol)
me neither too-- i ignore all apps. i just don't have time or inclination. i use Facebook and MySpace to catch up on people and that's about it

Quote:
Ds is sick (fever, wet cough). Already been to urgent care (xrays, etc). Doc said that pneumonia is going around so even though the chest xray was ok now, he only just got sick today so we have to keep an eye (ear?) on things.
oh man, DOK, again? poor little guy. you two have sure had your share of ickies this year. this has got to turn around soon! are you TMing? : to both of you!

#80 of 569 Old 03-04-2009, 12:05 AM

Maia- I so can't wait to see how they make herry's world come to life. I mean the books were so great and movies have been pretty good, so wonder how the theme park will be.

#81 of 569 Old 03-04-2009, 12:37 AM
gun

DoK - geez, has he had a rough time of it lately! Keep the fluids going in, and a few deep breathing and coughs wouldn't hurt either. And a for you because I know this is stressful!

Oh, and I still haven't figured out the whole app things yet on Facebook. I just live chatted for he first time just moments ago!

So today was my turn for the buy nothing trip to Ikea! I was hoping to get a new desk for my craft room/closet. But once I got there (45minutes away BTW) we shopped around when it dawned on me that my mom has a great table I can use, and she doesn't care about it either way! Saved me about $60 bucks!

Natural egg dyes - don't you also have to add the vinegar to 'set' the dye?

I am hoping to get back into school and I just realized that tonight, I may have to go back to the university I attended after graduating from HS, 20 years ago. My school of choice has a year wait list. I am kinda bummed because my old school is so closely tied to a period of severe depression for me. I know I am in a different place now, but I am still a little nervous about it. And it will be $100 less per credit hour too.

Peace- Heather
#82 of 569 Old 03-04-2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
and :vibes to your little one.

Mamas, I got a new work out dvd today. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Lord and Lady I thought this DVD would be easy after all the Tae Bo I have been doing, I even watched the Level 1 workout before I did it. This was so awesomely difficult and its only 20 minutes. I feel amazing and sore. I can't wait to do it again. Of course I may change my mind on that when I wake up in the morning

We had a great thunderstorm a few hours ago. The whole house shook (which isn't saying much cause sometimes my floor shakes when the metro bus goes by) and the rain was coming down in buckets. It was great to hear. Invigorating actually.

#83 of 569 Old 03-04-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
wait till next year sometime-- Universal Studios is creating Hogwarts and Hogsmeade!!! ::: i so wish i had a couple thousand dollars so we could go back for that!

me neither too-- i ignore all apps. i just don't have time or inclination. i use Facebook and MySpace to catch up on people and that's about it
OMG that would be the coolest ever!!! I'm a huge harry potter nerd and glad I'm not the only one that doesn't do the apps, I sorta feel bad about ignoring them, but I jsut don't have time for it! Same goes for friend requests from people who are only adding me because we have a friend in common... um whateverrr.

Quote:
Yuck, hope he stays clear and feels better soon hun... miserable time of year to be sick as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
So today was my turn for the buy nothing trip to Ikea! I was hoping to get a new desk for my craft room/closet. But once I got there (45minutes away BTW) we shopped around when it dawned on me that my mom has a great table I can use, and she doesn't care about it either way! Saved me about $60 bucks!

I know I am in a different place now, but I am still a little nervous about it. And it will be $100 less per credit hour too.
LOL You should have at least hit the swedish food shop and bought some DAIM toffees in my honour hehehe (my hubby is Daim so we cannot leave Ikea without a bag of them.. which leads to LONG running jokes with mum & cousins about having a munch of Daim lol) You are not the same you that went to htat college 20yrs ago! You will go in there and thoroughly love every minute of your time there and wash over the less than good memories hun

Quote:

We had a great thunderstorm a few hours ago. The whole house shook (which isn't saying much cause sometimes my floor shakes when the metro bus goes by) and the rain was coming down in buckets. It was great to hear. Invigorating actually.
Exercise for me would ya? I went shopping with 3 small boys and I'm totally smashed lol. I love a good thunderstorm

#84 of 569 Old 03-04-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:

Exercise for me would ya? I went shopping with 3 small boys and I'm totally smashed lol. I love a good thunderstorm
That is exercise in my book

#85 of 569 Old 03-04-2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:
That is exercise in my book
It was certainly an exercise in patience!

#86 of 569 Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 AM

Morning all.

DOK I hope your little one feels better soon.

I miss thunderstorms. When I lived in Florida we got them all the time, here they are rare. This morning was filled with cranky teens. My DS woke up in a mood, and he is ready to rumble when he doesn't get enough sleep. Teens are so much fun sometimes!

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#87 of 569 Old 03-04-2009, 10:07 AM

Thanks for all the thoughts. He was croupy last night. I think he got what 2 of my friends kids had. One of those kids was out for a week with it!
The school rules states that the child has to be fever free for 24 hrs before returning to school. I'm hoping he gets over this quickly.
(and I hope that I don't get it).

I hardly slept last night. You know when you get so little sleep, you feel weak, shaky, and plain old sick? Well that's how I feel.

Looks like the dvd player is going to get a workout today.

#88 of 569 Old 03-04-2009, 10:46 AM

dok- get some rest! feel better roo!

i need to stay off the computer....too much to do

#89 of 569 Old 03-04-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
dok- get some rest!
That's the problem. There's no way I can. Time for me tea (caffeine).

#90 of 569 Old 03-04-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
poor thing. Hope you all feel better!

Quote:
DOK- poor Roo. Will he let you rub some oil with eucalyptus and peppermint on his chest and feet? If Roo will tolerate socks at night, lather his feet. it seems to help with the cough.
*hugs*
This works wonders for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
I had a spend 10 bucks at ikea day, does that count?
I am hoping to get back into school and I just realized that tonight, I may have to go back to the university I attended after graduating from HS, 20 years ago. My school of choice has a year wait list. I am kinda bummed because my old school is so closely tied to a period of severe depression for me. I know I am in a different place now, but I am still a little nervous about it. And it will be $100 less per credit hour too.
Consider at chance at reinventing your experience. You are a healthy, adult woman and can make this the best experience ever, good for you and those around you! Might be way more healing than if you went somewhere else even!

Quote:

i need to stay off the computer....too much to do
Lordy, me too. I have been back on more often since finding out I am preggers. Stupid addictive pc. ;-)

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page