March Pagan Mamas Circle - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 569 Old 03-09-2009, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Milk delivery! How cool! (not that we drink milk, but I'd almost go for it just for the fun factor! and I'd certainly be in for yogurt/cream/cheese). There's a dairy near us that runs a raw milk CSA as a way around the legislation. Basically you buy a share in the dairy, and then take payment in milk product instead of cash. They've had some legal troubles, but so far it seems to be "working" for them. I just can't imagine how people find the money for it though... the CSA winds up about triple the cost of store milk (and they don't deliver) and while I totally get the health/environment element, I just don't have that sort of wiggle room.

So we're switching banks. When DH spoke with the bank today they were really rude, unhelpful, and refused to refund the overdraft charges even though they admitted they were in error! DH is furious and fortunately we can pretty easily move everything to our other bank (the bank that holds our mortgage). Why are banks so icky? I mean, especially in this economic climate you think they'd be a bit more personable or apologetic or something.

On the happy side of the balance, it rained today! I know some of you are all rained out, but the fact that it's rain instead of snow is making me bounce!

Yay for the belt test! w00t!
Hugs to the sick kiddos (and all us tall folk too )... I'm just pulling out of the evil cough, so have hope!

Ok, having now abused the "!" button on my keyboard, I will wiggle on my way... I've got to figure out what to make for dinner and I'm feeling massively uninspired.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#182 of 569 Old 03-09-2009, 05:18 PM

heh. time change. i do NOT miss that. (one great thing living in AZ...we dont change time. )

yay rio! :

happy monday all! have magical weeks!

:
#183 of 569 Old 03-09-2009, 05:32 PM

This weekend was wonderful. Warm, in the high 40's, felt like spring. Today it's snowing! Kids have another snowday, at this rate they will be going to school well in to June to make up for it. I took out my glass storm door and replaced it with the screen, now it's cold and snowing again. New Hampshire weather makes me nuts!

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#184 of 569 Old 03-09-2009, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
There's a dairy near us that runs a raw milk CSA as a way around the legislation. Basically you buy a share in the dairy, and then take payment in milk product instead of cash. They've had some legal troubles, but so far it seems to be "working" for them.
it's illegal to sell raw milk in NC, but i have seen it sold "for animal consumption only" that, or people go to SC to get it. we don't do a lot of cow milk in our house. ds likes it, and i use it for FF/SF pudding : but other than that, i use soy milk. i do use half and half, and on occasion, cheese. but no way can i do my coffee w/o half and half!

ok, i know i multi-quoted, now where is the rest of the stuff? :

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#185 of 569 Old 03-09-2009, 08:06 PM

Yeah, it's illegal in NY too. Hence the round-about, wink wink, CSA wording.

So... it's snowing. Bleh.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#186 of 569 Old 03-09-2009, 08:15 PM

The day started with sunny blue skies and mid 50's temps, however a freak snow/hail storm that deposited about a 1/4 inch of frozen stuff is just melting. It was pretty though

My sis buys raw milk through a CSA type program. Only people take turns driving about an hour to get the milk. I think she pays about $3 a gallon. If my family drank enough milk I'd consider it, but we go through about 1/2 gallon every 10 days.

Clay, the right bank can make all the difference. We've been with the same one, for about 25 years! Since dh and I were both young teens. Hopefully the switch works.

PSA- change your security passwords. I'm still doing damage control from my hack. If only I'd known early last Thurs to change my passwords, and make them more difficult, I could have saved myself some time. It's a good lesson learned.
#187 of 569 Old 03-09-2009, 08:31 PM

banks- I know! We had a fab bank about, oh, 16 years ago? But with mergers and sales we have had maybe 8 or nine banks during those 16 years... the bank we have right now is the fourth in the past year and a half even though we haven't "changed banks" on our own. Our account just kept getting sold! It drives me nuts since DH and I both go for heavy duty research and after spending a huge chunk of time researching banks and finding the one that best suited us to be "sold" 4 or 5 months later to "random bank with unknown policies and track record" is just annoying.

#188 of 569 Old 03-09-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I'm waiting for milk delivery. I'm excited to try this out (I'm constantly running out of milk). The one thing that I forgot though is cream. Tea without real cream is just yucky to me.
Hope he starts feeling better soon, he's havign a crap time kicking this bug isn't he! My IL's get milk delivery! It's great because they dont' really go through a lot of milk (it is a little more expensive than the store).. they have a styro 'cooler' that sits on the doorstep, they leave the $ in it, the milk man swaps it for milk hehe. We go through about 9 litres a week so it would cost us a bit too much though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
yeah, but the cat just super-accelerates it : she'd look at that basket and go "OOOH, new cat toy!"
how's your tum? i hate food poisoning! no fun! i do love a good storm, too, though
Everything is a new toy in the eyes of a feline I'm much better now thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
PSA- change your security passwords. I'm still doing damage control from my hack. If only I'd known early last Thurs to change my passwords, and make them more difficult, I could have saved myself some time. It's a good lesson learned.
ugh, what a nightmare! I've made sure all of our passwords are just insane after hearing of another friend that had something like that happen.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#189 of 569 Old 03-09-2009, 09:26 PM

The password gurus at my old job had a "trick"... take a favorite song or poem and grab the first letter of each line, or each word in a line to make the password. Mixing in numbers as you go.

#190 of 569 Old 03-09-2009, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Yeah, it's illegal in NY too. Hence the round-about, wink wink, CSA wording.
i got that, silly wombat hence the "for animal consumption only"

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#191 of 569 Old 03-09-2009, 10:05 PM

#192 of 569 Old 03-09-2009, 10:30 PM

full moon articles are up at my fave site! : (and happy full moon a day early, as i'll be busy being moon-y tomorrow... )
#193 of 569 Old 03-09-2009, 11:19 PM

I just had to share that when I got dressed this morning I saw a pair of denim shorts my MIL had given me early this summer, so I figured what the hell, and tried them on (I was sure they wouldn't fit). and THEY FIT!, and look good

The reason this is such a huge deal is that when she gave them to me back in about October, I could barely get them up my fat arse... and the zipper was miles away from meeting. I have not gone back to the gym since I got home from the US, the motivation just hasn't been there but what I have done is a lot of internal/mental work. Every morning when I wake up and several times during the day I take a few minutes and tell myself that I'm not really THAT hungry, and that a smaller portion will satisfy me just fine. And it's working to my sheer amazement (although I shouldn't be amazed I guess, eating in a healthier way WAS on my Treasure Map this year and I've already remarked on how many other things have manifested hehehe)

So now the two pairs of lovely pants I bought just after coming home from the states (they're 20's) are WAY too big and I'm sitting in a pair of 16s!!!!!! : : :

The reason I said SORTA OT, is that weight loss isn't exactly a pagan thing, but I guess the way I went about it was :

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#194 of 569 Old 03-10-2009, 08:20 AM

Morning mamas. I hope everyone had a good weekend. I tell you when the time changes I am so tired, just that one little hour gone but I feel like I haven't been to sleep for days.

CariOfOz..congrats on the weight loss.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#195 of 569 Old 03-10-2009, 08:28 AM

Cari- If we all wrote OT in our posts each time it wasn't directly about paganism, 80% of our threads would be "OT".

The time change has caught up with ds. He's still sleeping. But we need to leave in about 30 minutes to take him to school.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#196 of 569 Old 03-10-2009, 09:09 AM

Hi again everyone lots of hugs to all the sickies hope you all get better soon. And sorry for the dls change over we are about to change back.

Tomorrow i am hopefully going to a full moon drumming someone we know is just starting it up, and it will hopefully be a monthly thing. Sorry for the post and dash baby is keeping me on my toes, shes almost walking at 9 months and has a couple of words- mum, da and hey. Also she climbes i keep on having to rescue her from our screen door, and coffee tables.

Oh and dh got me a nintendo DS! yay i have wanted one for so long
#197 of 569 Old 03-10-2009, 11:52 AM

I can not breathe out my nose!! i am going to the chiro!

i cant sleep, everything hurts. i hope the nest 3 weeks fly by. everything gets better in the second trimester, at least for awhile.

i am so excited about the wedding. i am finding so many ways to sneak some nature in! DH said non religious, which is cool. although i really wanted to tie our hands together with ribbon, i can add it in the decs. i plan on going early in the morning to ritually clean the space where we will have the ceremony. and then i am adding in season decs. in season flowers, greenery, i want to have some baskets, stars here and there, and some bells. only 6 more weeks.

DH always celebrates Easter. he loves the baskets and candy and eggs. I am going to make more of an effort this year to add Ostara in. He doesnt mind blending the traditons. He just wants us all to do it together.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#198 of 569 Old 03-10-2009, 12:11 PM

Aweynsayl- Thanks for posting the full moon info. This morning mama moon was setting right in front of my house when I got up. My DD and I bundled up and enjoyed the beauty for a little bit.

Battymama- Sounds like your little sweetie is keeping you on your toes. It's a busy time when they first get mobile. Full moon drumming. How wonderful. :

Redveg & those adjusting to time change...hang in there. I know what you mean about feeling zapped.

Cari-It's great that you're making "deeper" changes. I always feel those are the ones that really stick. Congrats.

Saphire-You're inspiring me to change my password on something. Thanks for sharing your situation. I glad there wasn't too much damage for you.

Maia- milk for animal consumption only??? That cracked me up. Pretty clever of those folks.

DoK- I'm glad the OT police don't come after me hehe I'd be so busted

Lioness- Oh No! I hope your breathing adjusts itself quickly. Your wedding is going to be lovely. It sounds like the things you are doing are subtle enough to fly under the radar for most folks. Happy planning and baby growing.
Well, we're having an "at home" day. I have big expectations of what I want to accomplish which translated means: I'm totally setting myself up to be frustrated and freak out. I need to adjust my attitude before I get going.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#199 of 569 Old 03-10-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
gawd, i know that's got to be awful for you, but i wish i had that problem...my appestat is faulty and i could use a little nudge from Mom Nature to tell me when i've had enough. i'd even put up with nausea as a signal.
is it just from pregnancy for you, or is it all the time? hope you feel better
Just pregnancy. Although I am more prone to nausea if I eat something that disagrees with me than other sorts of digestional stuff. Everything has been a lot better since going gluten free but this is just pregnancy stuff. Mmmm.

Quote:
No, I haven't been able to find any near me.
Start making friends at the farmers market, call around to any dairy farms you can find. Get on um, is it www.localharvest.com ? I just found our co-op a few months back and it is pricey but we focus a lot of our meals and snacks on the eggs and good raw milk that we get. A smoothie with raw milk, or yogurt, fruit, some probiotic and nut butter is still a lot cheaper than other "convenience foods".

Quote:

So we're switching banks. When DH spoke with the bank today they were really rude, unhelpful, and refused to refund the overdraft charges even though they admitted they were in error! DH is furious and fortunately we can pretty easily move everything to our other bank (the bank that holds our mortgage). Why are banks so icky? I mean, especially in this economic climate you think they'd be a bit more personable or apologetic or something.

So now the two pairs of lovely pants I bought just after coming home from the states (they're 20's) are WAY too big and I'm sitting in a pair of 16s!!!!!! : : :

The reason I said SORTA OT, is that weight loss isn't exactly a pagan thing, but I guess the way I went about it was :
My bank is great but I have had my fair share of the sucky one in the past few years. Ugh. They act like they are doing you a favor for letting you bank there or something.
Congrats on the weight loss! It's a great feeling isn't it? And you mental change creating it is so much more long lasting and healthy than diets. Kudos to you!

And, OT? In that case most of my post are OT. We share our lives not just ritual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymama View Post
Tomorrow i am hopefully going to a full moon drumming someone we know is just starting it up, and it will hopefully be a monthly thing.

Oh and dh got me a nintendo DS! yay i have wanted one for so long
The drumming sounds cool! There is a Kirtan drum circle that meets with my yoga studio and I have always wanted to go.
DS- my kids each got one for xmas last year and I so want to get myself some games and steal them. But when do I have the time? Never.

So, it's 77 degrees for the high today, don't hate me. Its been really warm all weekend and my kids are loving it. I have been in spring cleaning/organizing/fixing/doing mode with the weather. Hurray! We are trying to get ourselves in some really good habits NOW since it's #4 on the way, my older two are plenty old enough to help out with the house, and I don't want to be a frickin maid. So far they have been doing really good. Especially dd (almost 8), she has been SO responsible lately!

babe wants me....

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#200 of 569 Old 03-10-2009, 12:44 PM

Howdy ladies... been a crazy couple of weeks but I am reading even if I can't post.

Last week we had my hubby's sister in town from Phoenix (yes during the snow storm, actually she loved it) with her 9 month old son (and boy is he a cutie). So we had both of DP's brothers and MIL along with assorted neices, nephews and cousins trooping in and out of the house. Many nights having as many as 6 adults and 4 kids crashing on mattresses on the living room floor. Whoosh! Was crazy, frantic, hectic and fun. Course there was drama mostly around MIL so I think she'll be aloof for a while (oh well ).

Caught a cold that, of course, hit home on Saturday night, when we lost an hour and when we had to get up the next morning to drive SIL to airport. Bleh. But I am feeling much better now. It started clearing up last night.

The best part of the visit was when I got to stay home with all the kiddos when DP & siblings went out (I am not a bar person so no interest in going.) One night I had a 9 month old, a 18 month old, a 3 year old and my 7 year old. No idea how people do that on a day to day basis.

I really wish the temps would stop dropping below freezing. I want to get planting. Of course, I have my cart before my horses because I have some yard clean up to do and landlord poking to do before I can really get into it. But spring fever is starting to drive me mildly nuts.

Oh cool, look at that. I am only 4 posts from 2000. Should be able to fix that today.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#201 of 569 Old 03-10-2009, 01:58 PM

Ds and I are going to read a story out of Earth Tales tomorrow and then do the activity afterwards. I'm so excited! He's really getting into the natural world. Yippee!
And he's learning about moon phases, etc (from me).

#202 of 569 Old 03-10-2009, 02:01 PM

: < Me, lol. We've got a thin layer of hail still on the ground after yesterday.

Cari- another cool TM manifestation!

I found several goodies at the library recently. I'm reading The Illustrated Guide to Tarot, by Rachel Pollack. It's very informative about possible tarot histories, the background of the imagery, and cards themselves. I've learned my Goddess Tarot ( by Kris Waldherr) uses atypical imagery, and I think I'd benefit from also using a more traditional deck. I really want to learn how to read the cards and develop my intuition in general.

Indigo- way to go on your post count Feel better soon!

Aweynsayl, I check that mooncircles site out on a regular basis now, too

I'm going to spend some time the next 2 weeks decluttering and clearing what I can in prep for new TM time.
#203 of 569 Old 03-10-2009, 03:41 PM

Cari- congrats! How cool!

Lioness- this cold plus the rapidly changing weather plus the pregnancy sinus puffiness has me in serious ugh much of the time. Right now I've got that nasty taste in my mouth which I hope means my sinuses are draining. I can breath through my nose (a bit) but my head feels like someone has it in a vice. I'm really hoping this goes away soon! Hang in there!

#204 of 569 Old 03-10-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Cari- If we all wrote OT in our posts each time it wasn't directly about paganism, 80% of our threads would be "OT".
Us? never happen

Good mornin mamas, It's a gloriously rainy overcast day outside here.. but the sun seems to be peeking through onto my front porch The metre reader was just here for the power company... that's gonna hurt! And the boys are happily building with lego, oh wait, that's old news. They are now ensconced on the sofa with a couple of ratties on their shoulders hehehe. and Quinn is carting around Buzz Lightyear and marveling at the fact that he can get him to stand up (you really don't want to know what happens when buzz fails to comply with Quinns wishes for him to stand lol)

It's feeling decidedly autumn like today and makes me want to be out in it... except it's raining... but without that it would not feel so decidedly autumn like lol. Vicious circle that! So I think we shall bake today... that feels like a perfect way to mark the first real autumny day of the year : :

#205 of 569 Old 03-10-2009, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
two whole sizes!! cari, that's so awesome! way to go! and all from just affirmations? really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
We've got a thin layer of hail still on the ground after yesterday.
hail comes in layers? : that's a new one on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
So I think we shall bake today... that feels like a perfect way to mark the first real autumny day of the year : :
oh, well then, you need to make pumpkin-chocolate chip muffins! or pumpkin something. surely they have canned pumpkin there?

#206 of 569 Old 03-10-2009, 10:18 PM

Cari- Well done on your weight loss!! (I won't even tell you how much ice cream I ate in two days time).

#207 of 569 Old 03-10-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
two whole sizes!! cari, that's so awesome! way to go! and all from just affirmations? really?
Yep, well I obvously ate less lol, but not consciously... I would be eating and just have a realization that 'hey, i'm quite satisified now' and that was that.
Quote:
oh, well then, you need to make pumpkin-chocolate chip muffins! or pumpkin something. surely they have canned pumpkin there?
Alas, they do NOT have canned pumpkin here! If I want pumpkin anything I have to peel & chop a pumpkin, boil it, then smoosh it! You do NOT know how backwards I thought that was when I first moved here LOL.

DOK : I must confess that I just had several too many muffins.. but in my defence they are the teeny bite sized ones Must do some more affirmations apparently lol.

#208 of 569 Old 03-10-2009, 11:55 PM
gun

Hi everybody!!

Cari - that's awesome! Congrats on the wt loss!

Clay - I belong to a credit union and have been a member for over 20 years. I really like it there, and feel that I am more than just a number.

Yesterday we went to a store that is closing that sells educational toys and games, and we spent a bundle! We bought Z a giant fortune teller puppet We are putting it away until she is older. We also bought her this fairy dollhouse and it has to be put away too, but they were such great deals we had to get them for her. We could have spent so much more if she was a bit older and I didn't have to store the stuff away for so long.

And boy, this time change was BRUTAL!

Peace- Heather
#209 of 569 Old 03-11-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Lioness- this cold plus the rapidly changing weather plus the pregnancy sinus puffiness has me in serious ugh much of the time. Right now I've got that nasty taste in my mouth which I hope means my sinuses are draining. I can breath through my nose (a bit) but my head feels like someone has it in a vice. I'm really hoping this goes away soon! Hang in there!
that is exactly how i feel. ugh. i am miserable. i have the vaporizer on all night long so at least my throat and nasal passages are still moist. it is so hard to swallow in the morning. at least this morning i didnt throw up...

hi everybody. i have been so tired. my brain feels fried, like i have a hangover everyday for the last 2 weeks. i do read everyones posts but it is so hard to think of anything witty. lol. I love reading about everybody, i love this circle of friends.

we are off to the bank today to get a very small loan like 2k. our back door was leaking. we live in a trailer. so know we have to replace the door and the floor right underneath it. we wont spend all the money on the floor though. i get to pick out new flooring for the bathroom and the laundry room, which is right next to the door. so exciting, if i could muster the energy to get up. lol. what is left will pay for the wedding flowers! i must have real flowers. the only thing i really want to splurge on. it just so says may1, kwim? in season flowers from my area, everywhere. and DH wants can coolies, lol. floor first though. if we dont fix it we cant get a good price when we want to sell it.

love to everybody!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#210 of 569 Old 03-11-2009, 01:22 PM

Dh reformatted my computer, hopefully it's safe again. And faster

We watched The Secret last night, it was a good reminder and motivator.

I hope everyone who is feeling icky feels better soon. And being sick while pg isn't fair!
Have a good day

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page