Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
honey? interesting. i'll give it a go.
#242 of 569 Old 03-12-2009, 09:28 PM

yeah, i had it in my shower anyway, lol... i might have used a bit of sugar with it as a scrub.... that's what i use on my face.
#243 of 569 Old 03-12-2009, 10:50 PM

Just found out that my landlord died (he was elderly).
Please put out some positive thoughts that I will be able to find a nice apartment/condo/house for rent that doesn't cost more than I'm paying now (which would be a miracle because I live in a very expensive town.)

(oh, and I'm in this town because of the school system. Which is very important when you have a special needs child).

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#244 of 569 Old 03-13-2009, 09:59 AM

DOK, are you sure you'll have to move? My last similar situation, I was able to stay at my "regular" rent. I know the next tenant's rent almost doubled, since it was a friend who moved in. (I still miss that apartment. But friend bought the house and will never move.)

Good luck if you move. I hate moving so feel your pain.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#245 of 569 Old 03-13-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Ds was funny this morning. He was shivering as he was getting dressed and he looked in the mirror and said to himself "Spring is coming...Spring is coming.."
Like he was reassuring himself that it's not going to be winter/cold for much longer. It was so cute.
That is the cutest thing ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Babe View Post
I have to tell you, I always look at your site and covet all the purty books, but am so very poor right now.
I hear ya lol.. imagine my depression at our hideous exchange rate & the cost of shipping right now! : It truly sucketh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
cari~ he's so awesome. and so cute. if i didnt already have mine, i'd so take you up on that cloning.... esp for that accent.
Hehehe.. his accent is even cuter than the typical aussie one, he lived a lot of his childhood in New Zealand I swear, his voice just did me in when we spoke the first time lol (not sure if y'all know we actually met in the #wicca chat room on mIRC/dalnet server back in 99 lol.. so almost a year of our courtship was via icq and international calling cards )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
I've been gone for so long!

Let's see Miles will be 4 months next week. I'm dealing with my 4th (?) plugged duct. You'd think that being a LLL leader I'd figure out the problem. ...
Wondered where you've been woman! Good to 'see ya' .. as for plugged ducts, LLL leader or not, teh boobies do not always cooperate hehehe. I was the queen of all blocked ducts : so I totally empathize with ya there.

Quote:
Please put out some positive
Well crap, that just sucks all around for you AND his family. Maybe he left the apartments to a family member who will see them for the brilliant investment they are, and you won't have to move at all *crosses fingers*

I'm glad that multiquote is over I would have posted this morning, only our phone line went out again last night. We called the company and dropped the 'the telephone line is like head height and extremely unsafe' bomb on them and they were here within hours (they dragged ass after the tree fell on the lines last weekened because the line was still operational )

Still acting like autumn here... it was cool and rainy all day : Which made me very happy! The boys loved it because they got to wear their new hoodies

I took the boys into our fave shops today and met MIL, who took the older two home with her for a sleepover : She also took me into a very nice clothing shop that she knew I wanted to go browse in, and i ended up trying on a gorgeous (but expensive) outfit. She then put it on layby for me (i'll pay off the rest, but she put 50 down on it ) My MIL rawks. So hubby & I had one little dude tonight, and he went to bed so we had a nice dinner alone (I splurged and we tried organic grass fed beef : which we of course bbq'd.. very nice!) and watched a movie. All in all a lovely day

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#246 of 569 Old 03-13-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
I am so happy tomorrow is Friday! This week has seemed to drag. My DH's Grandmother is turning 105 so we are going to visit her for the day on Sunday. It's always so nice to just sit and chat with her, the kids just love it. Anyone else have any plans for the weekend?
Congrats to the Birthday lady! 105!

Quote:
Please put out some positive thoughts that I will be able to find a nice apartment/condo/house for rent that doesn't cost more than I'm paying now (which would be a miracle because I live in a very expensive town.)

(oh, and I'm in this town because of the school system. Which is very important when you have a special needs child).
that is too bad he died. i am also hoping that whoever inherits the property wont make you move!

I am still all plugged up. although after going to the chiro yesterday i am starting to get it out. i love the chiro. lol. he always makes me feel better.

the girl are all sick again. DSD1 has an infection in both ears. they want to take her tonsils out for so many reasons. they are huge! she snores, gets fluid build up behind her eardrums alot and it interferes with her hearing, doesnt sleep well at night, get infections easily, always has a frog in her throat (which is her huge tonsils getting in her way). hher dad wants is done so asked me to call the doc to talk about options. DSD2 has an infection in one ear. DD has an infection in one ear. usually DSD2 and DD get over theirs without meds but they are in pain so i have them on antibiotics (and yogurt).

they put off DSD1 moving again. this time b/c of paperwork. b/c of budget issues they have been cutting out some court days, so they have to reschedule everything for later and apparently it is hard to get paperwork through right now. she should be moving in a couple of weeks. bio mom is not happy, she and the bio dad have issues. DSD1 doesnt want to move b/c her dad will make her listen. he wont let her manipulate him. she doesnt like that. Her behavior gets worse everyday. DSD2 told her the other day that she cant wait till she moves out. that was sad, but she is tired of DSD1 being so mean to her all the time. she controls everything.DSD2 is so sick of it. i hope that living apart will actually help their relationship. DSD1 is abusive to DSD2 in several ways and i havent been able to get her to stop in the last 2 years. i have been trying but she wont listen to anybody. she doesnt trust anybody but herself. even therapy hasnt gotten her to quit. :<

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#247 of 569 Old 03-13-2009, 02:10 PM

NEW POOKA!!!
http://www.pookapages.com/index.htm :::

enjoy!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#248 of 569 Old 03-13-2009, 02:11 PM

Salvia - Good to be back, and good to *see* you. I totally agree and understand about manifesting being a year round thing and not confined to a certain time limit, but astrology also really jives with me, and I like the build up of energy around the aries new moon, etc. It's been a lot of fun for us.

Cari- My hubby is from TX but sounds like a surfer dude, I love it. ;-) Though between is laid back demeanor, the accent, and how slow texans tend to talk, most people think he is on weed or something. lol

Lioness- sorry, that sounds way rough. I will be thinking of you and your littles.

well, the cold and rainy here has exacerbated the nausea I think. Blech. But whenever I was out and about in the sunshine last weekend it was a lot better so Ihave hope for when it warms up again.

I have a irl friend who (with her daughter) have been really getting involved with paganism since Samhain. She just told me that she has been going to celebrations at the uu church near us. So I might be going to the Ostara celebration with her there. wahoo!

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#249 of 569 Old 03-13-2009, 02:13 PM

I love pooka pages! Tried to print that one up this morning but my printer isn't working... :-(

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#250 of 569 Old 03-13-2009, 02:49 PM

Lioness, I feel your pain. My boys have been sick for 2 weeks now. My oldest has ear infections in both ears. Today, I'm stuffy. I hope I'm not getting the same thing.
#251 of 569 Old 03-13-2009, 04:28 PM

Heyla Salvia and KH! So good to see you! :

Hmmm... I've tried the neti pot thing (DH swears by it) but it's not for me. And I'm due some time around August 13. Ish. Give or take.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#252 of 569 Old 03-13-2009, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

ok, so i know i'm way behind, so there's probably another multi quote coming after this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
I bought colorful feathers and little paper plates and we'll create many spring's birds to add colors and fun to the decor.
- I found clay at the Dollarstore. Need to get seeds to make our "Welcome the Spring" gift for our non-pagan friends and family.
mind sharing your methods? how do you make birds out of feathers and paper plates? and i would love to hear about your spring gifts! do you mean seed bombs? how do you make them? i have heard about them. are they easy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
LOL I think you misunderstood... Aussies LOVE pumpkin! We eat roast pumpkin, mashed pumpkin/tater, pumpkin bread, scones.. you name it Pumpkin is definitely treated as a savory vegetable here.. not an almost fruit like it in in the states (pumpkin pie was hte only way I'd ever heard of to eat pumpkin till I came here lol) BUT when you want one of these things... you either go out to the garden, or down to the fruit & veg shop and BUY an actual pumpkin : getting it to the puree state is totally on you
ahh. ok. you'd think they'd clue on canning it, though, if they like it so much-- unless they aren't all about convenience like Americans are *sigh*

Quote:
Multiple sittings here for sure Mine is an ongoing thing over the few days of the TM time.. I do some flipping thru mags.. then cutting.. then thinking... it all comes together at just about the last minute
oh, i don't do mine all in one go. it takes me the whole 4 days to do it. first is the thoughtful magazine splurge i do love that! then the perusing and cutting out. it takes a certain mind shift to not read the magazines or get caught up in anything but pictures and words! then the basic placement. i move them around like colorforms. do any of you know about those? anyone here old enough besides me? then on probably the last day is the final gluing. i can't wait!
i do understand about manifesting all the time, but for me this is the big manifest. that i can concentrate a lot of energy on at once-- big projects that may take a whole year. and keeping my map on the wall keeps me focused. i usually do it ritually-- cast circle over the whole house and property while i do it. and a small meditation when i first start out. then when i'm done i give thanks and close circle. it's really cool

Quote:
last year i was too frantic and rushed. not good attractive energy (well, i guess i attracted some fussy frenetic and not getting stuff done energy, lol)...
yeah, me too! last year i was in CNA class and i was really rushed. it felt rushed. i didn't feel at all like it was fun, but more of a chore, and i didn't have time to pore over things. this year i can take my time i can't wait! i think i manifested frenetic energy too, last year. i feel freakish a lot of the time! i am manifesting calm this year, i hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
(still blowin' pudding out my nose, and how's that for a TMI visual? )
oh yum, clay. like i needed that! oh EW, you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
I've been gone for so long!
yes, you have!! kleine!! how are you doing, mama? missed you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
My DH's Grandmother is turning 105 so we are going to visit her for the day on Sunday. It's always so nice to just sit and chat with her, the kids just love it.
105? holy moly. that rocks. ask her what her secret to longevity is! you oughtta get her to tape interviews and write down everything. i mean, listen, she lived through the beginning of refrigeration, flight, indoor plumbing, probably toilet paper! all these things we take for granted. what a life that would be, to document! happy birthday DH's grandma!

Quote:
i found that if i massaged my boobies with honey in the shower before bed, i wouldnt get "stuck" at night.
: i took a break from the thread, and came back to read this one...i was like, what in the world?

Quote:
Please put out some positive thoughts that I will be able to find a nice apartment/condo/house for rent that doesn't cost more than I'm paying now
oh, man, DOK. i hope you don't have to move. that happened to my friend and the man was like a billion years old, and he didn't have any kids, and his HUGE, huge property (including huge fields and some woods) got left to his siblings, who promptly sold it to developers. it was so sad. i send you good vibes and hope you get to stay put, with cheap rent!

Quote:
(not sure if y'all know we actually met in the #wicca chat room on mIRC/dalnet server back in 99 lol.. so almost a year of our courtship was via icq and international calling cards )

The boys loved it because they got to wear their new hoodies
that's so cool about how you met! really? wow.

oh, and the hoodies: make sure they don't have pull-strings in the hoods. they don't even make them that way for littles in the USA anymore because it's a huge strangulation hazard, and the consumer protection agency is constantly recalling ones that have them. keep your littles safe!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#253 of 569 Old 03-13-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
oh, man, DOK. i hope you don't have to move. that happened to my friend and the man was like a billion years old, and he didn't have any kids, and his HUGE, huge property (including huge fields and some woods) got left to his siblings, who promptly sold it to developers.
That's kind of what I'm afraid of. These apartments are not up to par with this area. I'm afraid that they will get sold (or even kept by someone in his family) and then gutted/redone. Not that I don't want an updated apartment, but a huge reno would require vacancy.
Plus, right now the rent is low for this area. If someone else takes over, they may raise the rent by quite a bit (my lease is up in August but there is an escape clause that protects the landlord. They may give a 30 day notice for a tenant to vacate the premises).

Heather- Thanks for that link!

#254 of 569 Old 03-13-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:

Cari- My hubby is from TX but sounds like a surfer dude, I love it. ;-) Though between is laid back demeanor, the accent, and how slow texans tend to talk, most people think he is on weed or something. lol
Well if they'd have met me dh about, 9yrs ago, they'd have been spot on with that assessment lol.

Quote:
ahh. ok. you'd think they'd clue on canning it, though, if they like it so much-- unless they aren't all about convenience like Americans are *sigh*
That's about the size of it really... they figure if they want pumpking they best get off their ass and get it themselves lol.

Quote:
i do understand about manifesting all the time, but for me this is the big manifest. that i can concentrate a lot of energy on at once-- big projects that may take a whole year.
That is SO exactly it! While I am making mine I usually have a big candle lit. I keep it on our bedroom altar and usually light it for a few minutes each evening before bed.

Quote:
that's so cool about how you met! really? wow.

oh, and the hoodies: make sure they don't have pull-strings in the hoods. they don't even make them that way for littles in the USA anymore because
Yep that is exactly how we met And no draw strings on hoodies *check* I don't think they make them like that here anymore either.. most of them have a small bit of elastic at the top to shape the hood & help it stay on.

DH & I had a very nice date night last night... Taken= best movie ever. I think I am in love with Liam Neeson now Organic steaks were win in a big way, we just had that and a salad.. perfect quiet evening at home Must get moving to go get the kiddies shortly from nanas house.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#255 of 569 Old 03-13-2009, 09:20 PM

Hi all!

I just wanted to say that I am still around. I have just been reading...a lot. I started with some Sherrilyn Kenyon books, than I moved my way to reread the Merry Gentry series by Laurell K. Hamilton. I won $250 at the casino last night and bought more Sherrilyn Kenyon books and the newest Merry Gentry :

I was without heat for the past 2 days and it just got fixed today. Thank the Goddess because no heat when temps fall to 25* at night BLOWS.

to all who need them. I am gonna go devour more books. I need the distraction.

Oh, I don't know if I posted this hear but...my 19 year old sister is pregnant and my other sister (nephew's Mom) just had a miscarriage. *sigh* I am a bit tapped out on emotional upheaval and I really want my DH home.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#256 of 569 Old 03-13-2009, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I think I am in love with Liam Neeson now
i have been in love with Liam Neeson for a long time. i maybe should have invited him to the Yule Ball but Johnny Depp is good, too. i had this really erotic dream last night, and i'm not positive, but i think it was about my son's martial arts teacher :
there wasn't any sex, just making out, but are dreams reflections of reality? i had no idea i had the hots for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
I won $250 at the casino last night and bought more Sherrilyn Kenyon books and the newest Merry Gentry :

I was without heat for the past 2 days
sounds like you shoulda invested in space heaters instead of books...unless you plan to burn them during the next outage!

a reading fest....that's just what i would love to do. stay in bed and read. i've never read Barbara Kingsolver but i just started Poisonwood Bible. anyone read that?

oh actually i am in love with Stephen King, too. i should've invited him to the Yule Ball

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#257 of 569 Old 03-14-2009, 02:37 AM

Quote:

sounds like you shoulda invested in space heaters instead of books...unless you plan to burn them during the next outage!

a reading fest....that's just what i would love to do. stay in bed and read. i've never read Barbara Kingsolver but i just started Poisonwood Bible. anyone read that?

oh actually i am in love with Stephen King, too. i should've invited him to the Yule Ball
Burn Books!? That's blasphemy! Reminds me of the scene in The Day After Tomorrow where they are in the library deciding which books to burn and they decide to start with tax code books.

My Mom brought a space heater last night, it didn't really work (discovered while looking at the box that it was a return to her store). Today we went to the sister store in my town and they didn't have any space heaters left.

I have never read any Barbara Kingslover or Stephen King :

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#258 of 569 Old 03-14-2009, 09:32 AM

I used the last of my cream and used my last tea bag to make a welcome cup of tea this morning. And then proceeded to spill the entire thing. Doh!

We may be going to an organic farm this morning for a private (group) maple sugaring tour. Ds doesn't really want to go but I'm hoping he'll like it once we get there. There are new baby animals there and I hope he gets to see them.
I want him to see that Spring signifies new life/hope.

#259 of 569 Old 03-14-2009, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Burn Books!? That's blasphemy!
that's why i said it!

I love Stephen King. but not for the reasons you see in the media. i don't consider him a horror writer at all. he has a unique and particular talent for getting right to the heart of the human element. he is so real. IMO. i realized after a couple of years into my recovery from alcoholism that there was a drunk in each and every story. then i heard that he was in recovery too, but couldn't find evidence of it. then i did finally read about it. so he and i have something very visceral in common.
also, he is very, very hip and up-to-date on current things in fashion-- books, music, clothing, videos-- and he's knowledgeable on what is hip for every age. he really does his homework.
the book "It", for instance: i see that not as some horror story about a stupid ghost clown chasing kids, but an essay on childhood. the way those kids interact and act with one another, the way they are outcasts and have their own "club", the way they are treated by other kids, the way they solve problems-- so very eleven (which is how old they are in the story). he really gets to me in a way no other author manages to.

Kingsolver-- i will let you know. so far (i'm in chapter 1) seems to be an interesting story!

Quote:
We may be going to an organic farm this morning for a private (group) maple sugaring tour. Ds doesn't really want to go but I'm hoping he'll like it once we get there. There are new baby animals there and I hope he gets to see them.
oooh, i'm jealous.
i just found out that there is actually a maple sugaring farm about an hour north of here. there was a tour but i forgot to sign up! but i would like to keep it local so may have to find out where they sell stuff. i really don't want to spend the gas traveling an hour for syrup, but i might
i love grade B syrup. have you had it? i actually found a grade C once, and i utterly loved it, but it was just the once-- haven't seen it since

#260 of 569 Old 03-14-2009, 12:39 PM

i'll come back and reply to folks (hi, bella! been wondering where you'd got to!), but...

i'm kinda freaking out about something, and i just need to ask for some good calming and happy resolution vibes from my lovely sisters here. i dont usually like to do that, but i really feel like i could use some external help with this one. i'm sure it will all be fine, but it feels really icky for a while, and i'm just not in the mood. sigh.
#261 of 569 Old 03-14-2009, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

aweyn--

:
:::
:
:

love you, hon. remember to breathe.

#262 of 569 Old 03-14-2009, 02:04 PM

Hugs and hoola hoops of calm Aweyn.

Maple Sugar- one of the land owners down the road has buckets on a dozen trees. DD1 thought it was the coolest thing ever and promptly stuck a bucket on the side of her bed to collect sap.

Books- I used to run a blog sort of thing for the library where I worked and once I started a really fun conversation about how, as info moves towards a digital environment, can cheap disaster movies clue the audience in on the desperate nature of the situation. I mean, throwing iphones and kindles on the fire just doesn't give that "all is lost" feeling of a merry little book bonfire.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#263 of 569 Old 03-14-2009, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

you are just too freakin' funny today, wombat

i'm afraid to wonder what exactly your dd will collect from the side of the bed.
is she dry in the bed? eek!

#264 of 569 Old 03-14-2009, 02:29 PM

It may have been the day after tomorrow film, I forget exactly... the one where they're "trapped" in the library? And they decide to burn books in the gloriously huge fireplace instead of, oh, all those spiffy wooden tables and chairs. Sigh. Yes, books burn (thank you Bradbury) but for a serious fire you should start with the books and then ADD WOOD! Ah well.

DD1 has been dry overnight for about 5 days now. She is extremely proud of herself, and DH and I are thrilled, though we could do without the half dozen nightly bathroom trips. I tried to explain the whole "sugar maple" thing, and we have a neat book called the Sugaring Off Party, so I think she realizes that her bed will not produce sap. But I'm not sure. She filled the bucket with chickpeas yesterday and offered everyone a "taste" of her wonderful maple syrup. There was nearly bloodshed when DD2 dumped the bucket of beans on the floor... "My wonderful maple syrup!!!!!!! She spilled my wonderful maple syrup! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!"

#265 of 569 Old 03-14-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
have you had it? i actually found a grade C once, and i utterly loved it, but it was just the once-- haven't seen it since
I've had both B and C. I didn't like C. Too dark for me.
So, I was going to buy some of the syrup today until I found out it cost $10 a bottle! And it was thin/runny.
I tried posting a couple of the pics on facebook (but am not sure if it worked.)

#266 of 569 Old 03-14-2009, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes, books burn (thank you Bradbury) but for a serious fire you should start with the books and then ADD WOOD! Ah well.
ah, well, it wouldn't have made such a good movie, then!

Quote:
DD1 has been dry overnight for about 5 days now. She is extremely proud of herself, and DH and I are thrilled, though we could do without the half dozen nightly bathroom trips. I tried to explain the whole "sugar maple" thing, and we have a neat book called the Sugaring Off Party, so I think she realizes that her bed will not produce sap. But I'm not sure. She filled the bucket with chickpeas yesterday and offered everyone a "taste" of her wonderful maple syrup. There was nearly bloodshed when DD2 dumped the bucket of beans on the floor... "My wonderful maple syrup!!!!!!! She spilled my wonderful maple syrup! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!"
aww! poor dd! that's so cute.
may i suggest you invest in some puddle pads? in case she has an accident. they are those waterproof pads that go under the sheet. they make them in crib-mattress size and i am still using the ones i got when ds was born! they are awesome! and seem to soak up liquid better the older they get
at Babies'r'us they have them; they are big embossed sheets that soak up liquid. they rock.

Quote:
I've had both B and C. I didn't like C. Too dark for me.
i love C. i have only had it that one time i may have to try to find if that maple sugar place up the road a piece has any C. not too many maple sugaring places in NC!! i wish i could find a way for you to send me some!

#267 of 569 Old 03-14-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Well if they'd have met me dh about, 9yrs ago, they'd have been spot on with that assessment lol.
Ahem. Mine too.
DH & I had a very nice date night last night... Taken= best movie ever. I think I am in love with Liam Neeson now Organic steaks were win in a big way, we just had that and a salad.. perfect quiet evening at home Must get moving to go get the kiddies shortly from nanas house.
Taken was AWESOME wasn't it?!?! I had a couple of complaints about the editing but other than that I so loved the movie. And I have a longtime Liam love going on over here...

Bella Luna- hugs on missing DH and having to watch others get preggo. Your time is near, I feel!

Quote:
I used the last of my cream and used my last tea bag to make a welcome cup of tea this morning. And then proceeded to spill the entire thing. Doh!

Very cool. We are trying to get out to the farm where I get all my meat and eggs for a little field trip, for the same reason. :

Quote:
that's why i said it!

I love Stephen King. but not for the reasons you see in the media. ...
I totally agree with you on SK. He is really astute and seems to really see people and situations better than most do.

Quote:
i'll come back and reply to folks (hi, bella! been wondering where you'd got to!), but...

i'm kinda freaking out about something, and i just need to ask for some good calming and happy resolution vibes from my lovely sisters here. i dont usually like to do that, but i really feel like i could use some external help with this one. i'm sure it will all be fine, but it feels really icky for a while, and i'm just not in the mood. sigh.
:::::: ::
Lots of happy resolution vibes on their way!

Quote:
Maple Sugar- one of the land owners down the road has buckets on a dozen trees. DD1 thought it was the coolest thing ever and promptly stuck a bucket on the side of her bed to collect sap.

BWAHAHA . The mental picture of your daughter collecting sap is precious.

We are well here. I's going to be warmer tomorrow and the next few days so hopefully we will be out and about more!!! I just realized that the kids will be home (no visitation) for a week and a half due to spring break so they will be home for Ostara!!! Yay! : What to cook? hm.

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#268 of 569 Old 03-14-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
OMG I have done that same thing (with coffee ...totally put me in a cranky mood till I went to the store and got milk to make another hehehe

Quote:
i'm kinda freaking out about something, and i just need to ask for some good calming and happy resolution vibes from my lovely sisters here. i dont usually like to do that
Thoughts of legolas and posh iced coffee for you! hehehe (btw bmg took down the legolas video .. they pulled all vids with that song the bastages *sigh*)

Quote:
Cutest thing ever with the 'tapping the bed post' lol...
Quote:
I mean, throwing iphones and kindles on the fire just doesn't give that "all is lost" feeling of a merry little book bonfire.
Oh so very true ehehehehe

Quote:
Taken was AWESOME wasn't it?!?! I had a couple of complaints about the editing but other than that I so loved the movie. And I have a longtime Liam love going on over here...
editing schmediting.. I loved it

Today we are taking a drive out into the country. There's a new housing development about 30km away from us and we're going to have a look at it..buying a house NEAR the city itself is just out of the question, but apparently the distance from the city has these more affordable... we'll see.
And it's only 40mimutes from hubbys work, which is doable.

#269 of 569 Old 03-14-2009, 10:10 PM

Cari- good luck withe house hunting! I have no frame of reference on home prices where you are...

sorry nak

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#270 of 569 Old 03-14-2009, 11:46 PM
gun

Wow. Great day! I went to Salvation Army with a friend today because they were having a 50% off clothes sale and DD got the hook-up. Then we had a BW meeting and 3 new moms came!! Spreading the BW :!!

I also have always had a fondness for Stephen King's novels. His downhome, easy toread style are always such a fun little pleasure.

Aweyn - nothing but good vibes coming your way!! :

Clay - yay for dry nights and tapping the bedpost! They also have mattress pads at medical supply stores too, and can be pretty cheap and large! Worth checking anyway.

Cari - hoping to hear that the drive led you to your new house!

Peace- Heather

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page